JEE Main Preparation Tips 2021: A competitive exam where lakhs of students appear for it, is a great challenge. JEE Main is the exam through which the aspiring students who want to pursue engineering as a career appear for it. Many students lack true guidance to clear the JEE Main exam. Students start their preparation for this exam while studying in senior secondary school. But success lies in the few hands and the rest look into other options. The reason behind this is the lack of preparation knowledge. Everybody works hard but the preparation strategy differs from each other.
Check Eligibility For NTA JEE Main Exam
It is the dream of the students to get into one of the IITs, NITs, IIITs and GFITs. To crack the JEE Main 2021 exam, students must be well aware of the preparation tips for the JEE Main exam. Read the article to get a detailed view of the syllabus, subject, important topics weightage, time management, books etc.
JEE Main Feb/March/April/May Exam Dates
|Last Date To Download JEE Main 2021 Hall Ticket||23rd February 2021|
|JEE Main 2021 Exam||February Session (23rd, 24th, 25th, and 26th February 2021)|
March Session (15th, 16th, 17th, and 18th March 2021)
April Session (27th, 28th, 29th, and 30th April 2021)
May Session (24th, 25th, 26th, 27th, and 28th May 2021)
JEE Main 2021 Important Points
Before heading towards the preparation tips, let’s look at the important points of JEE Main 2021 which one should keep in mind while preparing for the exam.
- The exam is held in two shifts (morning and afternoon) for all the sessions of the exam.
- JEE Main is a computer-based test except for the paper II Drawing section
- Now there is a total of 3 paper i.e Paper I: B.E/B. Tech, Paper-II: B.Arch & Paper III: B.Planning
- A total of 90 questions are asked in the exam out of which candidates have to answer 75 questions.
- The B.TEch questions are asked from Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry in 13 different languages.
- There is the provision of the negative marking (-1 mark) for the wrong answer.
National Test Abhyas- For JEE Main and NEET Aspirants
The National Testing Agency has launched an app called “National Testing Abhyas”. The app offers free Mock Tests to the JEE Main and NEET Aspirants. The Questions are also available in the Hindi Language. Students can download the app from the Google Play Store. The National Test Abhyas Mock Tests have been specially crafted by the experts and best faculties. The app provides-
- Advanced Analytics to the free mock tests.
- Real-Time Personalised Reports
- Real-Level Exam Mock Tests
Benefits of Taking Tests from National Test Abhyas
The National Test Abhyas is an Ultimate Self-Study Tool for the candidates. The benefits of taking tests from this app are-
- Candidates can reduce their careless errors.
- Improves in Time Management
- Candidates can improve their Speed and Accuracy to attempt the questions.
- Also, you can learn about the Test-Taking Strategy with the help of NTA National Test Abhyas.
How To Prepare For JEE Main 2021?
So let’s check the important preparation tips and tricks to crack the JEE Main 2021.
- Well aware of the JEE Main 2021 syllabus
- Look at the exam pattern of JEE Main
- Be clear with the JEE Main Books.
- Have knowledge about the chapter weightage as per the topic
- Practice the previous years’ question paper
- Have the mock test while preparation
- Time Management
Well Aware Of The JEE Main 2021 Syllabus
Candidates who are looking forward to the 2021 exam, must be aware of the JEE Main Syllabus. This is the basis on which the exam is taken. The syllabus consists of the three subjects for B.Tech i.e Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry. JEE Main 2021 covers the topics from the 11th and 12th class. Look into the topics of both the class separately and segregate the topics in the category such as easy, moderate, and difficult.
Know the Exam Pattern Of JEE Main
While moving towards the preparation, candidates have must be aware of the exam pattern. NTA has the provision to change the JEE Main 2021 exam pattern. Through this candidates gets an idea about the no. of questions that are going to be asked in the exam and the marking pattern. Paper I (B.E/B.Tech) will have a total of 75 questions for 300 marks, Paper-II (B.Arch) will be of 77 questions of 400 marks, and Paper III (B.Planning)
Best Books For JEE Main 2021 Exam
Knowledge of books is very important for a highly competitive engineering exam. All the topics are not covered by one book for one subject. Hence it is very important for the candidates to know about the important books. There are main as well as a reference book for the JEE Main 2021 preparation. Referring to too many books will lead to confusion, so choose the books wisely. Look at the books as per the subjects down below.
Important Books for JEE February Main Preparation
Note: NCERT 11th and 12th Class Are important.
Important Books For Mathematics
- Maths XI & XII – NCERT
- Trigonometry (Author: S. L. Loney)
- Problems in Calculus of One Variable by I.A. Maron
- Coordinate Geometry (Author: S. L. Loney)
- Calculus and Analytic Geometry by Thomas Finney
- Higher Algebra (Author: Hall & Knight)
Important Books For Physics
- Solutions To Irodov’s Problems In General Physics, Vol I & II
- Advanced Physics by Nelkon and Parker
- Concepts of Physics Volume 1 and Volume 2 by H.C. Verma
- Feynman Lectures on Physics by Feynman, Leighton, and Sands
- Fundamentals of Physics by David Halliday, Robert Resnick, and Jearl Walker
- Objective Questions on Physics- Chapterwise Solved Papers by D.C. Pandey
- Problems in General Physics by IE Irodov
- Problems in Physics by AA Pinsky
- 40 Years IIT-JEE Advanced + 16 yrs JEE Main Topic-wise Solved Paper Physics
Important Books For Chemistry
- Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations by RC Mukherjee
- NCERT 11th & 12th class
- Numerical Chemistry by P. Bahadur
- Inorganic Chemistry by J.D. Lee
- Organic Chemistry by Morrison & Boyd
- 40 Years IIT-JEE Advanced + 16 yrs JEE Main Topic-wise Solved Paper Chemistry
JEE Main 2021 Chapter Wise Weightage
Candidates should look at the JEE Main chapter-wise weightage in order to get familiar with the topics and the no. of questions that are going to be asked. Know the section in which you need the larger attention. Since in 2020 exam pattern has been changed, candidates must get a fresh idea about the chapter wise weightage. In this way, they will get to know about the chapters which are most important.
Prepare short notes of the exam
We advise the students to make short notes for all the subjects. Follow the class notes properly. Preparing of the short notes helps the candidates a lot at the time of revision. These are handy and create less confusion in the preparation.
Practice The Previous Years’ Question Paper
After completing the subjects, candidates must solve the JEE Main previous years’ question paper. By solving the previous years’ question papers candidates will get an idea about the types of questions asked in the exam. There is only a 1% question that comes in direct format otherwise the questions are concept based. So candidates while preparing the exam must go through the old question papers of JEE Main
Have The JEE Main Mock Test
The mock test helps the candidates to analyze their preparation level. They will be able to encounter a weak and strong zone. And thus accordingly the candidates must prepare for the exam. They must give more time to their weaker section if much time is left. With a handful of times, candidates must make focus on the strong sections. So overall, have equal time for each subject. Take the test as it will encourage and motivate you for the exam. Don’t lose morale while scoring fewer marks in the mock tests because the practice will make you much better.
JEE Main exam is set for only 3 hrs, candidates must learn time management. If the candidates lack time management while the preparation then he/she will be in great loss. Candidates cannot spend more time on one question. So there should be proper management so that they don’t waste much time on one particular question because they have to complete the whole paper in 3 hours. While studying also makes a routine for each subject otherwise you will not be able to finish the syllabus on time.
We advise all the candidates that they go through the NCERT Books first to make their concepts clear for the exam. Keep checking the official website for JEE Main Updates frequently.