JEE Main Preparation Tips 2021: A competitive exam where lakhs of students appear for it, is a great challenge. JEE Main is the exam through which the aspiring students who want to pursue engineering as a career appear for it. Many students lack true guidance to clear the JEE Main exam. Students start their preparation for this exam while studying in senior secondary school. But success lies in the few hands and rest look into other options. The reason behind this is the lack of preparation knowledge. Everybody works hard but the preparation strategy differs from each other. It is the dream of the students to get into one of the IITs, NITs, IIITs and GFITs. To crack the JEE Main 2021 exam, students must be well aware of the preparation tips for the JEE Main exam. Read the article to get a detailed view of the syllabus, subject, important topics weightage, time management, books etc.
Check Eligibility For NTA JEE Main Exam
JEE Main 2021 Important Points
Before heading towards the preparation tips, let’s look at the important points of JEE Main 2021 which one should keep in mind while preparing for the exam.
- The exam will be held in two shifts in both the session.
- JEE Main is a computer-based test except for the paper II Drawing section
- Now there is a total of 3 paper i.e Paper I: B.E/B. Tech, Paper-II: B.Arch & Paper III: B.Planning
- Total no. of question is 75 (25 questions in each section) is there for 300 marks for Paper 1.
- For B.TEch questions will be asked from Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
- There is the provision of the negative marking for the wrong answer.
How To Prepare For JEE Main 2021?
So let’s check the important preparation tips and tricks to crack the JEE Main 2021.
- Well aware of the JEE Main 2021 syllabus
- Look at the exam pattern of JEE Main
- Be clear with the JEE Main Books.
- Have knowledge about the chapter weightage as per the topic
- Practice the previous years’ question paper
- Have the mock test while preparation
- Time Management
Well Aware Of The JEE Main 2021 Syllabus
Candidates who is looking forward to the 2021 exam, must be aware of the JEE Main Syllabus. This is the base on which the exam is taken. The syllabus consists of the three subjects for B.Tech i.e Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry. JEE Main 2021 covers the topics from the 11th and 12th class. Look into the topics of both the class separately and segregate the topics in the category such as easy, moderate and difficult.
Know the Exam Pattern Of JEE Main
While moving towards the preparation, candidates have must be aware of the exam pattern. NTA has the provision to change the JEE Main 2021 exam pattern. Through this candidates gets an idea about the no. of questions that is going to be asked in the exam and the marking pattern. The paper I (B.E/B.Tech) will have a total of 75 questions for 300 marks, Paper-II (B.Arch) will be of 77 questions of 400 marks and Paper III (B.Planning)
Best Books For JEE Main 2021 Exam
Knowledge of books is very important for a highly competitive engineering exam. All the topics are not covered by one book for one subject. Hence it is very important for the candidates to know about the important books. There are main as well as a reference book for the JEE Main 2021 preparation. Referring to too many books will lead to confusion, so choose the books wisely. Look at the books as per the subjects down below.
Note: NCERT 11th and 12th Class Are important.
Important Books For Mathematics
- Maths XI & XII – NCERT
- Trigonometry (Author: S. L. Loney)
- Problems in Calculus of One Variable by I.A. Maron
- Coordinate Geometry (Author: S. L. Loney)
- Calculus and Analytic Geometry by Thomas Finney
- Higher Algebra (Author: Hall & Knight)
Important Books For Physics
- Solutions To Irodov’s Problems In General Physics, Vol I & II
- Advanced Physics by Nelkon and Parker
- Concepts of Physics Volume 1 and Volume 2 by H.C. Verma
- Feynman Lectures on Physics by Feynman, Leighton, and Sands
- Fundamentals of Physics by David Halliday, Robert Resnick, and Jearl Walker
- Objective Questions on Physics- Chapterwise Solved Papers by D.C. Pandey
- Problems in General Physics by IE Irodov
- Problems in Physics by AA Pinsky
- 40 Years IIT-JEE Advanced + 16 yrs JEE Main Topic-wise Solved Paper Physics
Important Books For Chemistry
- Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations by RC Mukherjee
- NCERT 11th & 12th class
- Numerical Chemistry by P. Bahadur
- Inorganic Chemistry by J.D. Lee
- Organic Chemistry by Morrison & Boyd
- 40 Years IIT-JEE Advanced + 16 yrs JEE Main Topic-wise Solved Paper Chemistry
JEE Main 2021 Chapter Wise Weightage
Candidates should look at the JEE Main chapter-wise weightage in order to get familiar with the topics and the no. of questions that are going to be asked. Know the section in which you need the larger attention. Since in 2020 exam pattern has been changed, candidates must get a fresh idea about the chapter wise weightage. In this way, they will get to know about the chapters which are most important.
Practice The Previous Years’ Question Paper
After completing the subjects, candidates must solve the JEE Main previous years’ question paper. By solving the previous years’ question papers candidates will get an idea about the types of questions asked in the exam. There is only a 1% question that comes in direct format otherwise the questions are concept based. So candidates while preparing the exam must go through the old question papers of JEE Main
Have The JEE Main Mock Test
The mock test helps the candidates to analyze their preparation level. They will be able to encounter a weak and strong zone. And thus accordingly the candidates must prepare for the exam. They must give more time to their weaker section if much time is left. With a handful of times, candidates must make focus on the strong sections. So overall, have equal time for each subject. Take the test as it will encourage and motivate you for the exam. Don’t lose morale while scoring fewer marks in the mock tests because the practice will make you much better.
JEE Main exam is set for only 3 hrs, candidates must learn time management. If the candidates lack time management while the preparation then he/she will be in great loss. Candidates cannot spend more time on one question. So there should be proper management so that they don’t waste much time on one particular question because they have to complete the whole paper in 3 hours. While studying also makes a routine for each subject otherwise you will not be able to finish the syllabus on time.