NTA has released the JEE Main Paper 2 official answer key and result on 23rd January 2020. Candidates have to log in their account in order to view the answer key released by National Testing Agency. Earlier the exam for the January session took place on 6th January 2020 in two shifts. The exam for architecture students has been conducted in computer-based mode and for paper III offline mode (Drawing Test). All candidates who want to take admission in various participating Institutes/colleges (except for IITs) can go through paper 2 analysis by NTA. Candidates can challenge the JEE Main official answer key ( with respect to the question) till 15th January 2020 (11:50 P.M.). Questions for all architecture aspirants in JEE Main was asked from Mathematics, Aptitude and Drawing test. JEE Main 2020 application form for paper 2 was released on 3rd September 2019.
Check Eligibility For NTA JEE Main Exam
View the JEE Main Paper 2 Result.
Official Answer Key released. Click on the link given below
JEE Main Paper 2 (B.Arch/B.Planning)
- National Testing Agency conducts JEE Main Paper 2 twice in a year.
- The HRD Minister had made a number of announcements regarding the same last year in the month of July.
- JEE Main Paper 2 was conducted in computer-based mode and the drawing test was taken in offline mode in a drawing sheet.
JEE Main 2020 Paper 2 Exam Dates
Aspirants of JEE Main Paper 2 for the academic session of 2020-21 must make sure that they have noted down all the dates along with their corresponding events that have been announced in the table given below.
|JEE Main January 2020 Session|
|Application Form release date||3rd September 2019 |
|Last date of the submission of online form||30th September 2019|
|Fee payment last date||1st October 2019|
|Display of shift allocation and date||1st week of October 2019|
|JEE Main Application correction||11th to 17th October 2019|
|Exam centre allotment||3rd week of October 2019|
|JEE Main Admit Card download||6th December 2019|
|JEE Main exam date||6th to 9th January 2020|
6th January 2020 (Only Paper 2)
|Answer Key release date||13th January 2020 (Paper 1)|
23rd January 2020 (Paper 2)
|JEE Main result date||17th January 2020 (Paper 1)|
23rd January 2020 (Paper 2)
|JEE Main April 2020 Session|
|Application Form release date||7th February 2020|
|Last date of the submission of online form||7th March 2020|
|Fee payment last date||7th March 2020|
|Display of shift allocation and date||1st week of March 2020|
|JEE Main Application correction||2nd week of March 2020|
|Exam centre allotment||3rd week of March 2020|
|JEE Main Admit Card download||16th March 2020|
|JEE Main exam date||3rd to 9th April 2020|
|Answer Key release date||2nd week of April 2020|
|JEE Main result date||30th April 2020|
JEE Main Paper 2 Shift Timings
National Testing Agency is conducting the JEE Main 2020 has released the day, date and time of JEE Main Paper 1 and Paper 2. Check the table below to know the announced schedule for Paper 2 B. Arch/ B. Plan.
|Paper||Subject||Mode of examination||Timings of Examination|
|First Shift||Second Shift|
|Paper 1 (B.E/ B. Tech)||Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics||Computer Based Test||9:30 AM to 12:30 PM||2:30 PM to 5:30 PM|
|Paper 2 (For B. Arch/ B. Plan)||Mathematics (Part I), Aptitude Test (Part II)||Computer Based Test||Held in Two shifts|
|Drawing test (Part III)||Pen and Paper Based Only (to be attempted on drawing sheet only)|
JEE Main Paper 2 Eligibility Criteria
Are you eligible to appear for JEE Main paper 2? Every candidate appearing for the exam must make sure that he/she has fulfilled the eligibility criteria set by the exam conducting body. Therefore, before you apply for the exam, make sure to check these criterion listed below:
- Candidates should have passed class 10+2 examination with Physics, chemistry mathematics as mandatory subjects.
- Science is no longer the priority for the B.Planning. Students who have studied Mathematics in 12th can apply for the JEE Main for B.Planning courses.
- Aspirants must have secured at least 50% marks in the above-said subjects and also should have obtained 50% aggregate in 10+2 level.
- Those who have taken their qualifying examination in 2018, 2019 or going to take the same in 2020 can apply for the exam.
- Diploma Holders or those who are in their final year of pursuing their degree.
JEE Main 2020 Paper 2 Application Form
JEE Main 2020 Paper 2 form released at jeemain.nic.in. The application form was released on 3rd September. And, the last submission date was 30th September 2019. Candidates must make sure that while filling up the application form they choose Paper 2 as the exam paper. You must provide only the correct personal and academic details during the application form filling. The Application fee was paid either in the online mode or through E-challan.
JEE Main Paper 2 Exam Pattern
NTA JEE Mains 2020 exam is comprised of two papers Paper 1 (B.E./B.Tech.) and Paper 2 (B.Planning/B.Arch.). NTA has changed the JEE Main exam pattern. Both these papers are conducted in computer-based mode only. However, the drawing test for paper 2 is conducted in offline mode. Candidates can check the JEE Main exam pattern from the table given below.
JEE Main 2020 Paper 2 New Exam Pattern
|Exam||Subjects||Total Ques.||Types of Questions||Marks|
|B. Arch.||Aptitude Test||50||Objective Type – Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)||200|
|Drawing Test||2||Questions for drawing test||100|
|Mathematics||25(20+5)||20 Objective Type – Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) & 5 Questions for which answer is a numerical value||100|
|B. Planning||Mathematics – Part I||25(20+5)||20 Objective Type – Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) & 5 Questions for which answer is a numerical value||100|
|Aptitude Test – Part II||50||Objective Type – Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)||200|
|Planning Based Questions – Part III||25||Objective Type – Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)||100|
How To Prepare For Paper 2 In JEE Main 2020? Tips To Score Better Marks
There are around 900 seats in B. Plan and B. Arch course offered at the participating NITs and CFTIs that accept the JEE Main score. If candidates are preparing to take Paper 2 they need to go the extra mile. And if the applicant is appearing for both Paper 1 and 2 of JEE Main, he/she will be required to put in double the efforts. Candidates can follow the steps given below to excel in Paper 2 of JEE Main 2020.
- Candidates should first start JEE Main Paper 2 preparation by making a study timetable on a daily basis. This will help them divide their time and know the topics that they need to focus on during preparation.
- If candidates need some guidance about the Drawing test section, they must support their study material with Engineering Drawing books.
- The Drawing section will analyze the design ideas of the candidates. Therefore, candidates must make sure to study the given objects closely.
- Aspirants must collect the right study material for the preparation of Aptitude test which will test the candidate’s Awareness of Places, persons, buildings and materials, Mental Ability, Analytical Reasoning, etc.
JEE Main Paper 2 Admit Card 2020
JEE Main 2020 Admit card for all the candidates is available from 6th December 2020. Candidates who will apply for NTA JEE Mains 2020 shall be able to download the admit card online. NTA will not share JEE Main paper 2 admit card either through email or post. Candidates whose application form will have incorrect details were not able to download the admit card. All candidates should check the details very carefully printed on the admit card. JEE Mains admit card will carry details such as Applicant’s Name, Parent’s Name, Photo and Signature of Candidate, Date and Time Slot of the exam, Venue of the exam, Instruction to follow at examination centre, etc.
JEE Main 2020 Paper 2 Result
The percentile scores obtained by all the candidates who appeared in the second attempt paper 2 will be declared on 31st January 2020. This will comprise the actual marks obtained in Paper-2 of JEE Main for the first attempt. In a similar way, paper 2 JEE Main result will be calculated and released on the official website. The best out of both the sessions will be considered to compile the merit list of the exam.
JEE Main Paper 2 Counselling 2020
JEE Main 2020 counselling will be conducted by the Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA). This is the most crucial and career-deciding Phase of the whole JEE Mains Process. Read it Carefully!
- NTA JEE Main counselling will be conducted by JoSAA/CSAB for admission to IITs, IIITs, NITs, and CFTIs.
- For the seat allotment procedure, the candidate will have to mandatorily participate in the counselling NTA JEE Main.
- Admission to the institute will be based on AIR and choices filled by the candidate.
If you have any queries, do ask us in the comments section below or visit the official website.