Joint Admission Committee Chandigarh conducts the Joint admission counselling procedure for the year 2018 for admission into various undergraduate courses B.E. / B.Tech. /B.Arch. offered by JAC Chandigarh. JAC Chandigarh B.tech counselling is conducted in online mode. The process JAC Chandigarh will have the procedure of including payment of the fee, mock counselling, online choice filling and choice locking. There will be 4 rounds of counselling including spot round based on the availability of the vacant in the institutes. Students interested in taking admissions in undergraduate engineering courses can apply for the counselling procedure. Mock counselling will help candidates to get an idea about the seats they can get based on the score and category they belong to.
- 1 Updates
- 2 Important Dates
- 3 Participating Universities and Courses
- 4 JAC Chandigarh Cutoff 2018
- 5 Eligibility Criteria of JAC Chandigarh 2018
- 6 Qualifying Exam
- 7 JAC Chandigarh 2018 Application Procedure
- 8 JAC Chandigarh 2018 Online Counselling
- 9 JAC Chandigarh 2018 Seat Allotment
- 10 JAC 2018 Result
- 11 JAC Chandigarh 2018 Merit List
The Reporting for Sports Gradation for UIET, Dr. SSBUICET Chandigarh and UIET, PUSSGRC Hoshiarpur can be done till 4th July 2018. Know more Details here.
JAC Chandigarh application Form Correction Facility was available till 2nd July 2018. Click here to make changes before the last date.
The last day for depositing fee in the SBI Bank using Bank Challan is 29th June 2018.
28th June 2018 till 5 PM was the last day for payment of fee through the generation of e-challan.
JAC Chandigarh 2018 registration is now open. Click here to Fill the form.
The official Brochure of JAC Chandigarh 2018 Admission Counselling has been released. Information Brochure
|Registration process commences||5th June 2018 at 10: 00 A.M.|
|Last date for generation of filled Bank Challan||28th June 2018 till 5:00 P.M|
|Last date for depositing fee in the SBI Bank using Bank Challan||29th June 2018 till 4:00 P.M|
|Last date for online registration||30th June 2018|
|Opening of Correction Window||1st July – 2nd July, 2018|
|Reporting for Sports Gradation for UIET, Dr. SSBUICET Chandigarh and UIET, PUSSGRC Hoshiarpur||3rd July – 4th July 2018|
|Display of final list of Eligible candidates for filling of choices(only for reserved categories including Sports Category)||7th July, 2018|
|1st Round of Counselling||8th July 2018|
|2nd Round of Counselling||17th July 2018|
|3rd Round of Counselling||24th July|
|Withdrawal after Third round of seat allotment||4th August, 2018 till 5:00 p.m.|
|Reporting at allotted Institutes||3rd August, 2018|
|SPOT Round of Counselling||6th August, 2018 by 7:00 p.m.|
Participating Universities and Courses
|University Institute of Engineering& Technology, UIET||Bachelor of Engineering |
|Dr. S.S. Bhatnagar University Institute of Chemical Engineering and Technology (Dr. SSBUICET)||Bachelor of Engineering |
Integrated B.E. (Chemical)-
|University Institute of Engineering and technology||Bachelor Of Engineering |
|PEC Institute of Technology (PEC)||Bachelor of Technology |
|Chandigarh College of Engineering and Technology (CCET)||Bachelor of Engineering |
|Chandigarh College of Architecture (CCA)||Bachelor of Architecture |
JAC Chandigarh Cutoff 2018
The JAC Chandigarh cut off 2018 will be released after the end of each round of counselling by the admission authority. The number of factors is taken into consideration like the number of applicants applying for a particular program, previous year’s cutoff trends and available seats. Candidates missing JAC Chandigarh 2018 cut off will not be considered for admission in any of the courses. JAC 2018 cut off will include the opening and closing rank of candidates shortlisted for admissions. Cut off is the minimum score required to be eligible for admission.
JAC Chandigarh CutOff 2016
Here we have only attached the Cut Off list of 2 Institutions. To Check Complete JAC Chandigarh CutOff 2016 – Click Here
JAC Chandigarh CutOff 2015
Here we have only attached the Cut Off list of Chandigarh College of Engineering & Technology. To Check Complete JAC Chandigarh CutOff 2015 – Click Here
Eligibility Criteria of JAC Chandigarh 2018
- All India Rank scored by the candidate in JEE MAIN 2018 shall be used for admission to courses B.E. /B.Tech. /B.E. (Chemical)-MBA by JAC 2018.
- For admission to B.Arch., All India Rank on the basis of score in JEE (Main) 2018 in paper-2 will be used.
- The Candidate must have passed class 12th exam or equivalent from CBSE or any other recognized board/university.
- For admission in B.Tech./B.E./ Integrated B.E. (Chemical)-MBA, the candidate should have secured at least 60% marks in aggregate (55% in case of candidate belong to the Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/ PwD/other backward class).
- For admission to B.Arch., those candidates who have secured at least 50% marks in aggregate with mathematics as a subject of examination in their 12th will be eligible for the admission.
- A candidate who has a compartment in their 12th will not be eligible for admission under JAC 2018.
JAC Chandigarh 2018 Application Procedure
Students could start applying online for JAC Chandigarh 2018 from 5th of June. The application form had been released online. The detailed procedure of JAC Chandigarh B.tech counselling 2018 includes online registration, Registration fee payment, Document Verification, Online choice filling, Mock Counselling, Choice locking and printing of locked choices.
Qualified candidates had to fill online registration form by following mentioned steps:
- Candidates have to visit the official website and fill the registration form.
- For Log-in candidates have to mention their JEE Main roll number and password created during the registration of JEE MAIN 2018. After the successful log in, system will ask for the change in password.
- Candidates applying for both engineering and architecture courses will only have to register once and choose course applying for as both.
- After filling all the required details, submit the application form and pay the registration fee.
Registration Fee Payment
- After the completion of online registration form for JAC Chandigarh B.Tech. Counselling 2018, candidates had to pay the registration fee. Registration fee was non-refundable in nature Payment of fee could be done either through debit/credit card, internet banking or e-challan.
- Registration fee varies for different categories. For general category students amount to be paid is Rs.2100/- and for SC/ST/PwD the amount is Rs.1050/-
- Candidates have to pay registration fee only at the beginning of counselling of JAC Chandigarh process 2018. No fresh registrations will be allowed in the subsequent rounds of counselling.
Online Choice Filling
- Candidates are required to fill choices using the user Id and password created by the candidate. Availability of seats will be displayed depending on the eligibility of the candidate. Candidates are suggested to fill as many choices as possible. The fee structure of the institutes will also be available at the time of choice filling.
- If candidates are eligible for both the streams, they are required to submit the single set of combined choices.
- Candidates who are eligible only for Architecture as per JEE Main, only one choice of Architecture in CCA (Chandigarh College of Architecture) will be considered automatically after successful registration.
- They are permitted to delete, re-order or change their earlier choices until they lock their final choices.
- The locking of choices involves a few steps which include re-entering the password and confirming the locking before the lock button is clicked. Candidates should follow all procedure carefully and lock their choices before the last date and time.
- Their last filled choices will automatically be locked after the deadline if candidates fail to lock their choices by the last date.
- Candidates are advised to take a print out of the filled choices after the end of each round.
- Candidates who fail to exercise any of the choices in any round will be eligible for Spot round of Counselling after depositing fee of Rs. 40,000/-.
JAC Chandigarh 2018 Online Counselling
This process includes steps like Registration, payment of counselling fee, filling and locking of choices and seat allotment. It is mandatory to get registered before the start of Round 1 of counselling process otherwise candidates will not be eligible to participate in any round of counselling.
JAC Chandigarh 2018 Seat Allotment
- The choices submitted by the candidate will be processed centrally and seat will be allotted.
- If seat is allotted, candidates can access the results after login using their user ID and password. Information will be displayed on the screen.
- If a seat is allotted in any of the first three rounds of counselling, candidates are required to pay admission fee online either through Debit/Credit Card or e-challan.
- The online choice of willingness for upgradation should be submitted for the subsequent round of counselling except for the Spot Round (4th round).
- Online provisional admission letter will be generated for further references.
JAC 2018 Result
Candidates must log-in their accounts to check JAC Chandigarh result 2018. The seat allotment will be in the end each round of counselling. The opening and closing ranks of the candidates will also be published. For the accessibility of result, candidates should use their JEE Main roll number and password. Upon the seat allotment, candidates have to report physically at the allotted institute for document verification and payment of the fee. The candidate should download and get a print out of the seat allotment letter.
JAC Chandigarh 2018 Merit List
There will be no separate merit list of JAC Chandigarh 2018. Admissions to undergraduate engineering and architecture courses will be based on the All India Rank of Candidates in JEE MAIN 2018. Paper 1 of JEE Main will be for the candidates applying for various engineering courses and paper 2 will for the admission in an architectural course.