The registration for Joint Admission counselling Chandigarh 2018 had closed on 30th June 2018 and could be applied through online mode only. Counselling is held for the engineering and architectural courses offered by 6 universities/institutes of Chandigarh. For the registration, candidates are required to log in to the registration portal of JAC Chandigarh 2018 using their JEE Main 2018 roll number and password.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Document Verification of Registered Candidates (Reserved Categories except for SC/ST) for the sports category is scheduled from 3rd – 4th July. Check the venue and Time here.
|Lovely Professional University 2019 Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
Counselling schedule 2018
|1st Round of Counselling|
|Choice filling||8th – 11th July 2018|
|Result of Mock Counseling||10th July 2018|
|Locking of Choices by the candidates||11th July 2018|
|First round of seat allotment||12th July 2018 at 8:00 P.M.|
|Submission of Online fee and Willingness to participate in subsequent rounds||12th July – 16th July 2018 till 5:00 p.m|
|Withdrawal after First round of seat allotment||17th July 2018 till 5:00 p.m.|
|2nd Round of Counselling|
|Choice submission and locking for 2nd round||17th July – 19th July 2018 till 5:00 p.m|
|Second round of seat allotment||20th July 2018 at 8:00 p.m.|
|Submission of Online fee and Willingness to participate in subsequent rounds||20th July – 23 rd July 2018 till 5:00 p.m|
|3rd Round of Counselling|
|Choice submission and locking for 3rd round||24th July – 26 th July 2018 till 5:00 p.m.|
|Third round of seat allotment||27th July 2018 at 8:00 p.m.|
|Submission of Online fee||27th July – 30th July 2018 till 5:00 p.m.|
|Physical reporting, Documents verification and payment of balance fee (wherever applicable) : 1 st August – 2 nd August, 2018 for all admitted candidates at LAW AUDITORIUM, PANJAB UNIVERSITY, SECTOR 14, CHANDIGARH||1st August – 2 nd August, 2018|
|Withdrawal after Third round of seat allotment||4th August, 2018 till 5:00 p.m.|
|Reporting at allotted Institutes||3 rd August, 2018|
|SPOT Round of Counselling|
|Display of vacant seats for SPOT Round||6th August, 2018 by 7:00 p.m.|
|SPOT round choice submission and locking (candidates who do not deposit fee or who are not allotted seat up to 3 rd round are required to pay online spot round participation fee of ₹40,000/-)||7th August – 10th August, 2018|
|SPOT round of seat allotment||12th August 2018 by 7:00 p.m.|
|Physical reporting, Documents verification and payment of balance fee (wherever applicable) at the allotted Institutes (for newly admitted/shifted candidates after the SPOT Round)||13th August 2018|
JAC Chandigarh 2018 Online Counselling
The online counselling of JAC 2018 will include the first step of getting registered, payment of the application fee and choice filling and locking by the candidate. Candidates are required to provide the detailed and correct information asked on the application form as the future seat allotment procedure and admission to the universities will be on the basis of the information provided in the form.
This process includes steps like Registration, payment of counselling fee, filling and locking of choices and seat allotment. It is mandatory to get registered before the start of Round 1 of counselling process otherwise candidates will not be eligible to participate in any round of counselling.
JAC Chandigarh 2018 Seat Allotment
- The choices submitted by the candidate will be processed centrally and the seat will be allotted.
- If the seat is allotted, candidates can access the results after login using their user ID and password. Information will be displayed on the screen.
- If a seat is allotted in any of the first three rounds of the counselling, candidates are required to pay admission fee online either through Debit/Credit Card or e-challan.
- The online choice of willingness for upgradation should be submitted for the subsequent round of counselling except for the Spot Round (4th round).
- The Online provisional admission letter will be generated for further references.
The tentative dates for the start of the online counselling procedure of Joint Admission Counselling Chandigarh 2018 have been announced.
JAC Chandigarh 2018 Mock Counselling
- The system will be able to provide an idea of the seat to the registered candidates who have submitted their choices. Mock counselling is to help the candidates in finalizing the most appropriate choice of institutions.
- Candidates are advised to visit the official website on a regular basis as the indicative seat availability will be displayed twice.
- The final allotment of seats may be different from the seats indicated during the mock counselling procedure.
The date of Spot Round has been announced which is 6th August 2018 but Spot Round will be held only at the availability of the vacant seats. New registration will take place for the spot round.