|Application Open for MAHE Entrance Test (Manipal Univ)||Apply Now!!|
Candidates who have appeared in JEE Advanced exam 2018 can apply for the admission to undergraduate B Tech and dual degree programme at Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) for the year 2018. Candidate must know the set eligibility criteria by IIST admission authority before applying for the counselling procedure.
This article is about the counselling and seat allotment procedure for admission to IIST 2018. The IIST admission rank list for 2018 and the details of date/venues for the counselling had been published on 21st June 2018 at the official website https://www.iist.ac.in/admissions/undergraduate. The choice-filling had begun from 22nd and the last date fo(27th June 2018) for filling in the choices.
The summary of 2nd round Seat allotment can be checked by clicking here.
Round-2 Seat Allotment has been announced. Check the seat allotment here!
The Number Vacant seats after round 1 have been displayed. The link has been provided here.
Pay the seat Acceptance fee, Upload and select the center, and download and print the seat allotment letter here.
Counselling and Seat Allotment Procedure for IIST Admission 2018
- The IIST 2018 rank list contains the names of the registered candidates. A certain number of candidates from each category- wise rank list will be eligible to appear for counselling round. IIST generally conducts counselling for admission to IIST in five cities which is Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Kolkata, New Delhi and Thiruvananthapuram. Candidates must physically appear to any of the counselling venues on the specified date and time with all the original documents/certificates and must be accompanied by one parent.
- At the counselling venue, Candidate has to indicate their preference/choice(s) of the branch of study in their order of preference. Candidates are advised to make their choice carefully since it cannot be changed later.
- During the counselling, seats will be allotted to the eligible candidates in the order of their names in the merit list. Candidates who accept a ‘confirmed seat’ offered to him/her should surrender their original certificates at the counselling centre. If the candidate is allotted a confirmed seat against the preference/choice made by him/her at the time of counselling, he/she will be given a wait-list number(s) for his/her higher preferred branch(es).
- After filling all the available seats, the remaining candidates who reported at the counselling venue will find their names included in the ‘Wait-List’ in their respective category and choice of branch. This Wait-List will be published online in the IIST admission website, within two days after the counselling.
- The vacancies arising subsequently due to any forfeiture, then vacant seats will be filled by operating the above wait-list at regular intervals and notifying the same in the IIST Admission website. Students who accept a confirmed seat during this wait-list movement should report to the counselling centre and submit their original certificates before the specified date/time.
- During the wait-list movement, if a candidate does not accept confirmed seat offered to him/her within specified date and time in a branch of his/her preference or choice made at the time of counselling, he/she will not be considered further for admission to IIST.
- Candidates who physically appear at the counselling venue within specified date and time will be considered for admission and subsequent wait-list movements. Candidates must carry all the relevant documents and certificates at the time of reporting.