Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship 2021: The Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship is a scheme initiated by UGC. Its primary aim is to provide quality education to single girl children of the country. Therefore inevitably empowering them. The government initiated this scholarship for girls who were pursuing higher education, especially those girls who were the only single girl child of their parents. Thereby compensating their cost of education. The eligible candidates will get the amount of INR 36,200. Furthermore, in order to apply online for the scholarship, the candidates must fill the Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship For Phd Students Application Form, before the last date.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
The registration form is now available online on the official website (www.indiragandhisinglegirlchildscholarship). However, the candidates must fill in the correct required details. Furthermore, prior to applying for the scholarship, the candidates must meet the eligibility criteria. The aspiring girl candidates (Undergraduate, Postgraduation, Mphil Or Ph.D.) who wish to know how to apply online for the Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship scholarship, check the last date, eligibility, application form, registration, amount, renewal, selection list & result, must keep on reading the article.
Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship Dates 2021
There is no fixed date to apply for the Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship. Since the announcement dates keep on varying from year to year. Nevertheless, we have provided information regarding the starting and last date of applying for the UGC Scholarship. Check below.
|Releasing Date Of Application Form||August 2021|
|Last Date To Apply Online For Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship||February 2021|
Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship Highlights 2021
The aspiring girl candidates can check the highlights of the Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship from the table below.
|1.||Application Period||September-October 2021|
|2.||Scholarship award||An annual scholarship allowance of INR 36,200 for a period of 2 years|
|4.||Application process||Apply online through the official portal of National Scholarship Portal (NSP)|
Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship Eligibility 2021
The candidates who wish to apply online for the UGC Scholarship must primarily check the eligibility criteria. In order to avail of this scholarship, the candidate must be studying in universities/colleges/institutions which are recognized by UGC, State/Central Government, or an institute of national importance. Therefore, to help the candidates, we have mentioned the Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Fellowship eligibility criteria which the candidates must abide below.
- Primarily, the candidate must be admitted to a regular, full-time 1st-year master’s degree course in any of the designated universities or postgraduate colleges.
- The girl applicant must be the child of their parent in order to be eligible for the scholarship. They must not be having any brother. However, the girl applicant, if they are twins/fraternal daughters, then also they can apply for the UGC scholarship.
- In order to apply, the candidate must not be more than 30 years of age at the time of admission whilst studying in the PG program.
- However, the candidates who are admitted to the Postgraduate (PG) course via distance education mode are not eligible for this scholarship.
- The applicants must also note that there are no income eligibility criteria for students to apply for this scholarship.
NOTE: The Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship Is Not For Ph.D. or Undergraduate Students.
Steps To Apply Online For Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship 2021
The entire process of registration for Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Fellowship is online. It is a simple & easy process. The candidates can apply for the scholarship via the National Scholarship Portal. Furthermore, we have mentioned the step which the candidates must follow in order to apply. Check below.
- Primarily, the candidate must visit the National Scholarship Portal (NSP). Subsequently, they must register on NSP as a new user at the official website (www.indiragandhisinglegirlchildscholarship)
- Furthermore, they must fill in the required information. After doing so, they must click on the “register” button. Soon, a student application ID & password will be generated on the registered phone number of the candidate.
- Then, the applicant must log in on NSP using the newly generated ID & Password. Subsequently, The candidate will receive an OTP on the registered phone number. By using the OTP, the candidate must change their password. It is a mandatory step.
- Once the candidate has changed the password, the candidate will be redirected to the applicant’s dashboard page. Therein, the candidate must click on the “Application Form” in order to start the application process.
- Subsequently, the applicant must fill in all the necessary information such as registration details, academic details, basic details, contact details, and scheme details.
- Also, the candidate must keep all the required documents ready. They will help in support of identity. The academic eligibility must also be uploaded by the candidates on the portal.
- Thereafter, the completed application form must be saved as a draft. So that the candidate will be able to check the details once more. Subsequently, they can make sure that the information is to the best of their knowledge.
- Lastly, the candidate must click on the “submit” button in order to submit the completed Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Fellowship application form.
Documents Required In Order To Fill The Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship Registration Form 2021
The candidate needs to possess certain documents whilst filling the UGC Scholarship Application Form. We have provided the list of documents required. Check below.
- Scanned copy of Aadhar Enrollment/Aadhar Card
- Applicant’s passport size photograph
- Self-attested copy of previous academic mark sheets
- Fee receipt of the current course year
Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship Amount 2021
The girl applicant who avails of the UGC Scholarship will be awarded the scholarship amount. We have mentioned the Indira Gandhi Scholarship amount. Check below.
|Scholarship Amount||Annual allowance of INR 36,200 for a period of 2 years|
Important Information Regarding the Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship 2021
Before the candidates apply for the UGC scholarship, they must keep certain points in mind. Therefore, we have listed a few rules & regulations below.
- Only the candidates who are in their 1st year of PG can apply for the UGC scholarship.
- The candidates will not receive any additional grant in lieu of hostel & medical charges.
- Under the UGC Scholarship scheme, the host institute will not charge any tuition fee from the awardees.
- After the candidate has completed their one year of award of the scholarship amount, they will subsequently be required to submit their progress report in the prescribed format at the designated bank (Canara Bank). It will be based on the fund for the next academic is released to the beneficiaries. The report must be duly signed by the head of the department & Registrar of the University. The Head of the institute Or the Principal of the college can also sign it.
- If the candidate stops their degree midway, without any prior notice to the UGC, then they need to refund the whole amount through the e-mode (RTGS/NEFT) directly to the UGC account.
- The applicants will be able to apply for other scholarships. There is no hard & fast rule as to how many scholarships a candidate can apply for.
- The UGC Scholarship awardees will be able to apply to other scholarships.
- The scholarship will be terminated if the candidate is found misconducting. Also, if they provide incorrect information at any stage of the application. The candidate will become ineligible if they score less than 55% in the 1st year (50% in the case of Physically Challenged awardees).
Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship 2021 – Helpline Number
If the applicants have any queries related to the Scholarship, then they must contact the address below.
Email ID – [email protected]
Other Scholarships In India
In case of any queries related to the Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship, kindly write to us in the comment section below.