Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship: The Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship is a scheme initiated by UGC. Its primary aim is to provide quality education to single girl children of the country. Therefore inevitably empowering them. The government initiated this scholarship for girls who were pursuing higher education, especially those girls who were the only single girl child of their parents. Thereby compensating their cost of education. The eligible candidates will get the scholarship amount of INR 36,200.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
The aspiring girl candidates (Undergraduate, Postgraduation, Mphil Or PhD) who wish to know how to apply online for the scholarship, check the last date, eligibility, application form amount, renewal, selection list & result, must keep on reading the article.
Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship Dates
There is no fixed date to apply for the Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship. Since the announcement dates keep on varying from year to year. Nevertheless, we have provided information regarding the starting and last date of applying for the UGC Scholarship. Check below.
|Releasing Date Of Application Form||July 2020|
|Last Date To Apply Online For Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship||31st October 2020|
Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship Highlights
The aspiring girl candidates can check the highlights of Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship from the table below.
|2.||Scholarship award||An annual scholarship allowance of INR 36,200 for a period of 2 years|
|4.||Application process||Apply online through the official portal of National Scholarship Portal (NSP)|
Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship Eligibility
The candidates who wish to apply online for the UGC Scholarship must primarily check the eligibility criteria. In order to avail this scholarship, the candidate must be studying in universities/colleges/institutions which are recognized by UGC, State/Central Government or an institute of national importance. Therefore, to help the candidates, we have mentioned the Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship eligibility criteria which the candidates must abide below.
- Primarily, the candidate must be admitted in a regular, full-time 1st-year master’s degree course in any of the designated university or postgraduate college.
- The girl applicant must be the child of their parent in order to be eligible for the scholarship. They must not be having any brother. However, the girl applicant, if they are twins/fraternal daughters, then also they can apply for the UGC scholarship.
- In order to apply, the candidate must not be more than 30 years of age at the time of the admission whilst studying in the PG programme.
- However, the candidates who are admitted in the Postgraduate (PG) course via distance education mode are not eligible for this scholarship.
- The applicants must also note that there are no income eligibility criteria for students to apply for this scholarship.
Steps To Apply Online For Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship
The entire process of registration for Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship is online. It is a simple & easy process. The candidates can apply for the scholarship via the National Scholarship Portal. Furthermore, we have mentioned the step which the candidates must follow in order to apply. Check below.
- Primarily, the candidate must visit the National Scholarship Portal (NSP). Subsequently, they must register on NSP as a new user at the official website (www.indiragandhisinglegirlchildscholarship)
- Furthermore, they must fill in the required information. After doing so, they must click on the “register” button. Soon, a student application ID & password will be generated on the registered phone number of the candidate.
- Then, the applicant must log in on NSP using the newly generated ID & Password. Subsequently, The candidate will receive an OTP on the registered phone number. By using the OTP, the candidate must change their password. It is a mandatory step.
- Once the candidate has changed the password, the candidate will be redirected to the applicant’s dashboard page. Therein, the candidate must click on the “Application Form” in order to start the application process.
- Subsequently, the applicant must fill in all the necessary information such as registration details, academic details, basic details, contact details and scheme details.
- Also, the candidate must keep all the required documents ready. They will help in as support of identity. The academic eligibility must also be uploaded by the candidates on the portal.
- Thereafter, the completed application form must be saved as a draft. So that the candidate will be able to check the details once more. Subsequently, they can make sure that the information is to the best of their knowledge.
- Lastly, the candidate must click on the “submit” button in order to submit the completed scholarship application form.
Documents Required In Order To Fill The Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship Registration Form
The candidate needs to possess certain documents whilst filling the UGC Scholarship Application Form. We have provided the list of documents required. Check below.
- Scanned copy of Aadhar Enrollment/Aadhar Card
- Applicant’s passport size photograph
- Self-attested copy of previous academic mark sheets
- Fee receipt of the current course year
Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship Amount
The girl applicant who avails the UGC Scholarship will be awarded the scholarship amount. We have mentioned the Indira Gandhi Scholarship amount. Check below.
|Scholarship Amount||Annual allowance of INR 36,200 for a period of 2 years|
Important Information Regarding the Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship 2020
Before the candidates apply for the UGC scholarship, they must keep certain points in mind. Therefore, we have listed a few rules & regulations below.
- Only the candidates who are in their 1st year of PG can apply for the UGC scholarship.
- The candidates will not receive any additional grant in lieu of hostel & medical charges.
- Under the UGC Scholarship scheme, the host institute will not charge any tuition fee from the awardees.
- After the candidate has completed their one year of award of the scholarship amount, they will subsequently be required to submit their progress report in the prescribed format at the designated bank (Canara Bank). It will be based on the fund for the next academic is released to the beneficiaries. The report must be duly signed by the head of the department & Registrar of the University. The Head of the institute Or Principal of the college can also sign it.
- If the candidate stops their degree midway, without any prior notice to the UGC, then they need to refund the whole amount through the e-mode (RTGS/NEFT) directly to the UGC account.
- The applicants will be able to apply to other scholarships. There is no hard & fast rule as to how many scholarships a candidate can apply.
- The UGC Scholarship awardees will be able to apply to other scholarships.
- The scholarship will be terminated if the candidate is found misconducting. Also, if they provide incorrect information at any stage of the application. The candidate will become ineligible if they score less than 55% in the 1st year (50% in case of Physically Challenged awardees).
Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship – Helpline Number
If the applicants have any query related to the Scholarship, then they must contact the address below.
Email ID – [email protected]