LIC Scholarship 2019: Life Insurance Corporation, India provides scholarship known as “LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship” for students belonging to the economically weaker families for pursuing higher studies. The objective of the scheme is to award scholarships to meritorious students belonging to economically weaker families so as to provide them better opportunities for higher education and thus enhance their employability. The scholarship is for the students in India in a government or private college/university. It will also cover technical and vocational courses in Industrial Training Institutes/ Industrial Training Centres affiliated with the National Council for Vocational Training (NCVT) of classes at Graduation level. In this article, viewers will get to know about the overview, eligibility criteria, application procedure of LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship Scheme 2019.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Also, See Jindal Scholarship 2019-20.
LIC Scholarship Scheme 2019 Date
We will update the LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship Scheme 2019 dates in the table below:
|1.||Releasing of online application form||To be notified later|
|2.||Last date to submit the application form||To be notified later|
LIC Scholarship Eligibility 2019
To apply for the LIC Scholarship 2019, you need to meet the below mentioned eligibility criteria. Eligibility criteria related to age, academic qualification etc are provided below.
|S. No||Courses||Eligibility Criteria Details|
|1.||Medicine, Engineering, Graduation in any discipline, Diploma Course in any field or other equivalent courses.||A. Students who have passed class 10+2 exam or its equivalent from any recognized board can apply.|
|2.||Vocational Courses through Government recognized Colleges/Institutes or courses in Industrial Training Institutes (ITI).||A. Students who have passed class 10 exam or its equivalent from any recognized board are eligible to apply for this scholarship.|
B. They should pass the class 10 exam with minimum 60% aggregate marks subject to income ceiling of parents/guardians.
Duration of the LIC Scholarship
Golden Jubilee Scholarship will be provided to the deserving scholars throughout the entire course duration. The amount is credited to the scholar’s bank account till valid duration. After every year, existing scholars need to renew their scholarship within schedule date and time till the duration of course completion.
LIC Scholarship Amount 2019
The selected candidate is awarded Rs. 10,000/- per month. It is payable in ten monthly instalments of Rs.1,000/- each. The Scholarship amount will be transferred to the Bank Account of the selected scholar through NEFT. Therefore, in case the candidate is selected for the scholarship, the Bank Account details and IFSC code are compulsory. After a year, scholars need to renew their account to get the scholarship amount for the next session.
Terms and Conditions for Golden Jubilee LIC Scholarship Amount 2019
The scholarship is awarded to the students who have secured not less than 60% marks or equivalent grade in the previous final examination and the annual income of whose parents/guardians from all sources does not exceed Rs.1,00,000/- per annum.
- Selection of LIC Scholar will be on the basis of merit and family background such as the percentage of marks in class 12th /10th and the annual income of the family. The students with the lowest income are given preference in the ascending order.
- The candidate should secure more than 55%marks in professional streams and 50% marks in graduate courses in Arts/Science/Commerce or equivalent grade in the previous final examination of the course for which scholarship is awarded, failing which the scholarship will be discontinued.
- Only one from a family can access the Scholarship.
- The students should be regular in attendance for which the yardstick shall be decided by the competent authority of the school/college/university.
- Income certificate should be on self-certification basis by way of an affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper for self-employed parents and from the employer for employed parents supported by documents (from revenue department) such as land held in the name of parents.
- If a student is found to have obtained a scholarship by false statement/certificates, his/her scholarship shall be cancelled forthwith and the amount of the scholarship paid shall be recovered, at the discretion of the concerned Divisional Administration of LIC.
- LIC Golden Jubilee Foundation will lay down the detailed procedure for processing and sanctioning of scholarships to eligible students.
- LICGJF will evaluate the scheme at the regular intervals.
- LICGJF Board of Trustees can change the regulations at theirs discretion. If a student violates any terms and conditions of the scholarship, the scholarship may be suspended or cancelled.
LIC Scholarship Application form 2019 – How To Apply
Students who are willing to apply for LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarship should meet the eligibility criteria first. The authorities will accept the application form in an online mode only. No offline mode is available to apply. Students need to fill up the fresh registration form or renewal form in online mode on the official website within schedule date and time. Follow the steps below to apply for LIC Scholarship 2019 in online mode.
- Visit the official website of LIC Scholarship. The link will display here.
- Click on the link “Apply Online”.
- Fill in all the personal details, academic qualification, corresponding address etc.
- Upload the scanned image of the documents mentioned below.
- After filling up all the details, submit the application form.
- Take the printout of the filled up application form for future reference.
NOTE: Divisional Office will make further correspondence as mentioned in the acknowledgement mail. The candidate should ensure to submit his correct email id and contact number for communication at a later date if required.
Documents Required for LIC Scholarship Application Form
Applicants need to upload the scanned images of the documents as per the specification mentioned on the page. The candidate must upload the following documents.
- Caste certificate
- Income certificate
- Birth certificate
- Passport size photograph
- Previous exam mark sheet
- Address proof
LIC Golden jubilee Scholarship Selection Procedure 2019
After scrutinizing all the documents and details provided by the applicants, the concerned authority will grant the scholarship to the eligible applicants.
Drop in your query in the comment box given below in case if you have any.