HPNLET 2021 is conducted by Himachal Pradesh National Law University. The full form of this examination is the Himachal Pradesh National Law Entrance Test. HPNLET is conducted in order to provide admission into the law programmes offered by the University. Candidates will have to appear for HPNLET 2021 and qualify the exam for admission to undergraduate law courses, Post- Graduate law and P.h.D. law programmes of Himachal Pradesh National Law University. One, who wishes to take this examination will have to fill an application form. The HPNLET 2021 Application Form will be released on the official website of the authority.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
The candidates will have to fill the application form with the correct details. A few days after the submission of the application form, the authority will be releasing the HPNLET Admit Card 2021. The hall ticket of the entrance test will be available on the website of the university. One will have to bring the admit card to the centre of the examination. The HPNLET 2021 Result will be released a couple of days after the exam. Further details about HPNLET 2021 are mentioned in the article below.
HPNLET 2021 Dates
The candidates, who wish to take the examination will have to make sure that they are updated with all the dates. Kindly note that the university has not released the official dates yet. As soon as the official dates get released, we will update them here. Till then, go through the tentative schedule mentioned below:
|Release of application form||February 2021|
|Last date to submit the application form||April 2021|
|Issuance of admit card||May 2021|
|Entrance Examination||May 2021|
|Release of result||June 2021|
|Commencement of counselling session||June 2021|
HPNLET Application Form 2021
The application form of HPNLET will be released tentatively in the month of February 2021. The candidates, who are looking forward to sitting in the entrance test will have to fill in the application form. Himachal Pradesh National Law University will be releasing the Application Form online. The HPNLET Application Form 2021 will be available only in an online mode. Candidates will be required to go through the Registration, Procedure of Locking the Application, Filling the Application Form providing the Academic qualification, Uploading Photograph and Signature, Contact Details, Personal Details and Family Details.
HPNLET Eligibility Conditions 2021
Before the candidate applies for the examination, he/ she should make sure that he/ she is eligible enough. Any ineligible applicant will not be able to apply for the test. However, one can find the complete criterion of eligibility below:
B.A./B.B.A. LL.B. (Hons) Five Year Integrated Course:
- Candidate should have passed 10+2 or equivalent course. The minimum aggregate marks for candidates belonging to SC/ST category should be 45% and candidates belonging to Unreserved/OBC/Specially Abled Person/NRI/NRI Sponsored categories/Kashmiri Migrants must have secured at least 50%.
- The candidates appearing for the qualifying examination are also eligible to appear in the HPNLET exam.
- Candidates who have completed their 10+2 through open school/Universities are not eligible to apply for the exam.
One Year LL.M. Course:
- Candidate applying for this course must have done LL.B. (3 years or 5 years) or equivalent course
- Candidates belonging to Unreserved/OBC/SAP categories must have secured at least 55% marks
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST category must have secured minimum 50% marks.
- Those who are appearing for the qualifying examination in April/May 2018 are also eligible.
- The candidate applying for P.h.D must have an LL.M or equivalent degree.
- Candidate should have secured a minimum of 55% marks in the qualifying exam.
- The candidates applying for the qualifying exam in March/April 2019 are also eligible to appear for the entrance exam.
HPNLET Exam Pattern 2021
The candidates appearing for this exam will have to start preparing for the entrance exam as a large number of candidates apply every year for admission to law courses at this University. The examination pattern for each course (UG/PG/ PhD) will be different. The candidate will be given the duration of 2 hours for completing the exam. Go through the examination pattern for each course here.
B.A./B.B.A. LL.B (Hons.) 5-year course:
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Legal Awareness and Reasoning||40||40|
One Year LL.M. Course:
|Topics||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Paper||Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Paper 1||Legal Research Methodology||50||100|
|Paper 2||Topic related to law and social transformation||1 Question-based on Essay writing||50|
HPNLET Syllabus 2021
The syllabus of the entrance exam of all the courses will be different. Topics will be the same as mentioned in the examination pattern section above and some basic questions will be from Math, English, Reasoning. Some questions will be from the law field and some from Research and social issues. but the topics and the difficulty level of each section will differ as per the course. Candidates can have a look at the topics of each course which will be covered in HPNLET 2021:
B.A./B.B.A. LL.B. (Hons) 5 years course:
|Legal Awareness and Reasoning|
One Year LLM Course:
- Constitutional law
- Law of Contract
- Law of Torts
- Family law
- Criminal Law
- Public International Law
- Corporate Law
- Intellectual Property
- Essay on contemporary legal issues
- Legal Research methodology
- Law and Social Transformation
HPNLET Admit Card 2021
The admit card of HPNLET will get issued on the official website of the authority. The HPNLET Admit Card 2021 will get released expectedly in the month of May 2021. The candidates, who submit the application form successfully will be able to download the admit card. One will have to bring the admit card to the centre of the examination. Without the admit card, the applicant will not be allowed to take the exam.
Steps to Download HPNLET 2021 Admit Card
- Visit the official website of HPNLU and look for the Admit card link.
- It is necessary to go through the instructions carefully before downloading the Admit card.
- Click on the link ‘Download the Admit Card’
- Next step will require to fill up the necessary credentials like Application number, Date of Birth or Applicant’s Name and Date of Birth.
- After the filling, the credentials, Admit card will appear on the screen containing all the required information. Candidates are advised to cross-check the details mentioned on the Admit card very carefully.
- After cross-checking the details, download the Admit Card and get at least 2 to 3 spare copies of the document for future reference.
Contents Mentioned on the Admit Card:
- Candidate’s Name
- Roll Number
- Date of Birth
- Application Number
- Course Name
- Father’s Name
- Mother’s Name
- The venue of the exam
- The timing of the exam
HPNLET Result 2021
The result of HPNLET 2021 will be released online by Himachal Pradesh National Law University on the official website. HPNLET result will be declared after the entrance exam of all the courses has been conducted successfully. Result of each course will be released separately. The list will also contain the marks, name and roll number of the candidate.
Steps to check HPNLET Result 2021:
- Visit the official website of the University. Go for the result link which will be available on the homepage.
- Results of all the courses will be available. Candidates will have to choose the course they appeared for in the entrance exam.
- The result will be available as per the category wise. The candidate has to choose her/his category and click on the link.
- The pdf file will be displayed on the screen carrying the marks, name and roll number of the candidate.
- Check the result and take a printout of it for future reference.
HPNLET Counselling 2021
Candidates will be called for counselling procedure on the basis of marks secured by them in the entrance exam. For counselling, candidates will be required to apply to the desired college. The allotment to the preferred college will be done on the basis of the marks secured by the candidate if the achieved score falls under the accepted score set by the college affiliated with HPNLET. The candidates will get the allotment as per the score secured by them in the entrance exam.
HPNLET 2021 Seat Reservation:
As per the notified reservation of seats to be allotted as per category wise. Candidates can go through the reservation of seats from the detail mentioned below as per the course wise.
For Under Graduate Programmes:
- The total number of seats available for BA/BBA LL.B (Hons.) is 60.
- There are 02 seats for Kashmiri Migrants and 10 seats for Non-Resident Indians or the person sponsored by them.
For -Graduate Programmes (For One year LL.M. Course and PhD programme):
- For candidates appearing for LL.M. Programme should know that the total 20 seats.
- There will be 10 seats for the PhD programme out of which 5 will be reserved for women of LL.M. Programme.
Some of the seats will be reserved for the candidates of the reserved category. Percentage of the reserved seats will be as such:
|Category||Reservation of seats|
|Wards of Serving/ Retired Defence Personnel||15%|