CLAT 2021 examination application form has been released. Furthermore, Common-Law Admission Test (CLAT) is an online examination conducted every year for granting admission to candidates in UG and PG Law courses. However, it is a centralized test for admission to 19 National Law Universities in India, 43 other education institutes and two public sector institutes are also eligible to use these scores.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Candidates interested in applying for the course will be required to fill up the Application Form available on the official website. Additionally, one must make sure that he/ she is eligible enough. Furthermore, the CLAT Admit Card 2021 is released a few days of the submission of the application form. The candidate will have to bring the admit card of CLAT to the centre of the examination. The authority releases the CLAT Result 2021 a couple of days after the examination. One can find complete details about CLAT 2021 in the article below.
- The Application Form has been released. Apply Here.
CLAT Exam Date 2021
The candidate should make sure that he/ she is updated with all the dates. The authority has released the official dates. Find the same in the table below:
|Release of application form||1st January 2021|
|Last date to submit the application form||31st March 2021|
|Release of admit card||Releasing Soon!|
|Examination||13th June 2021|
|Release of provisional answer key||June 2021|
|Release if provisional answer key||June 2021|
|Submission of the objections against the answer key||June 2021|
|Release of the final answer key||June 2021|
|Declaration of result||July 2021|
CLAT Application Form 2021
The application form of CLAT 2021 has been released on the 1st of January 2021. The candidates, who are looking forward to sitting in the examination must fill in the CLAT Application Form 2021. The authority has released the application form on the official website of the authority. While the candidate is filling in the CLAT Online Form 2021, he/ she will have to upload mandatory documents. The size of the documents must be as per the specified criteria. After filling in the CLAT application form 2021, the candidates will have to pay the application fee. The candidate should make sure that he/ she is filling all the correct details in the application form.
Documents to be uploaded in the Application Form of CLAT
Candidates will need to upload the scanned images of photograph and signature in the Application Form after providing some basic details. The photograph and signature uploaded should be clear and visible. The signature should be done on the white sheet with the black pen. The specifications as prescribed are:
|Photograph||200 x 230 pixels||JPG/JPEG format||20 kb – 50 kb|
|Signature||140 x 60 pixels||JPG/JPEG format||10 kb – 20 kb|
CLAT Application Fee
The candidate will have to pay the fee after filling in the application form of CLAT. The amount of the Application fee can be paid through Online mode or offline mode of e-challan. The candidate needs to pay the following amount of the Application Fee. However, it should be noted that once paid, the application fee will not be refunded.
|Unreserved/ SAP / OBC/ Others||3500/-|
CLAT Eligibility Criteria 2021
Before the candidate fills the application form of CLAT, he/ she will have to make sure that he/ she is eligible enough. Any ineligible candidate will not be able to submit the form. The eligibility conditions are different for applying to UG law course and PG law course. Check the CLAT eligibility criteria 2021 for respective courses from below.
CLAT UG Eligibility Criteria:
- The Applicants from General/OBC/Special Abled Person (SAP) or other categories should have secured 45% marks in 10+2.
- The candidates belonging to SC/ST categories should have secured at least 40% marks in 10+2 exam.
- Candidates appearing for 10+2 exam will also be eligible to apply. But these candidates will be required to submit a proof of qualifying the exam with the result of the admission. Candidate can lose the admission if fail to produce it.
CLAT PG Eligibility Criteria:
- The Applicant should have LL.B./Five years Integrated LL.B (Hons) or equivalent degree.
- Candidates belonging to General/OBC/Specially Abled Person (SAP) and other categories should have secured at least 55% marks in the degree.
- The minimum qualifying marks for SC/ST candidates is 50% in the degree.
- Candidates in the final year of Degree course can also apply but there will be the requirement of submitting the qualifying examination result before the deadline prescribed by the examination authorities.
Exam Pattern of CLAT 2021
Candidates preparing for the entrance exam will be required to make themselves aware with the examination pattern.
- CLAT will be a Computer Based Exam.
- The number of questions will be 200. The pattern of the examination paper will be of the objective type. Each question will carry the four options.
- The medium of the question paper will only be in English.
- Time duration will be of 2 hours.
- Each correct answer will be of 1 marks. There will be negative marking, deducting 0.25 marks for each incorrect answer.
Weightage of marks in the subject area for CLAT UG exam is:
|English including comprehension||40|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||50|
|Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability)||20|
Exam pattern of CLAT PG 2021:
- The exam of CLAT 2021 for PG will be a Computer Based Exam.
- The number of questions will be 150 and the pattern of the examination paper will be of the objective type. Each question will carry fours options out of which candidate will be required to mark the correct one.
- The medium of the question paper will only be in English.
- The time duration of the entrance exam will be of 2 hours.
- Each correct answer will carry the score of 1 marks each. There will be negative marking, deducting 0.25 marks for each incorrect answer.
Weightage of marks in the subject area for CLAT PG exam is:
|Other law subjects such as Contracts, Torts, Criminal law, International law, IPR etc.||50|
CLAT Syllabus 2021
The CLAT Syllabus for UG and PG law course entrance exam will be different. The UG question paper will be of 200 marks in total while the PG question paper will be of 150 marks.
|English (with Comprehension)||Comprehension passages and grammar, Vocabulary, Fill in the blanks, Correcting sentences etc.|
|General Knowledge and Current affairs||Static General Knowledge, Current affairs|
|Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability)||Number System, Percentage, Profit and Loss, Time and work, Height and Distance, Geometry, Algebra, Trigonometry etc.|
|Legal Aptitude||Legal propositions|
|Logical reasoning||Syllogism, Logical Sequences, Analogies, Blood relation etc.|
Syllabus of CLAT PG:
The syllabus of CLAT PG will include the following subjects:
- Constitutional Law
- Law of contracts
- Law of Torts
- Criminal law
- International Law
- Family law
- Property law
- Intellectual property law.
CLAT Admit Card 2021
The admit card of CLAT 2021 will be released on the official website. The candidates, who have submitted the application form successfully will be able to download the admit card. One will have to bring the admit card to the centre of the exam. One must note that the candidate will have to bring the CLAT Admit Card 2021 to the centre of the examination. Without the hall ticket of CLAT 2021, one will not be allowed to take the test. In order to download the admit card of CLAT 2021, the candidates will have to provide certain details in the section of login.
There will be many details present on the admit card. The candidate will have to make sure that all the details present in the admit card of CLAT are correct. In case of any kind of discrepancy, one must contact the concerned authority.
Documents to be brought to the Centre of the Examination=
- 2 recent passport-sized photographs
- At-least one photo ID (PAN card, Aadhaar card, Driving License etc.)
- Candidates are advised to carry two to three photocopies of Admit card in case you lose the one downloaded.
CLAT Answer Key 2021
The Answer Key of CLAT entrance exam will be released a few days after the examination is conducted. The answer key will provide clarification of the possibility of clearing the entrance exam. It will help candidates who appeared for the exam in comparing their answers. The CLAT committee also provides the benefit of accepting objections by the students if any of the answer keys. After checking, the committee releases a revised answer key on its website.
Steps to download Answer Key for CLAT
- Click on the link of answer key available on the official website.
- Enter Login credentials like Registration Number and Password.
- Go to CLAT answer key tab.
- Click the Download button.
- Save the copy of CLAT answer key in pdf format.
- Check the answers in answer key with the ones you marked in the examination.
How to calculate scores using CLAT Answer key
Candidates will be required to cross-check their answers that they ticked in the entrance exam with the ones in the answer key and calculate the possible score. In order to get the score, the candidate should add one marks for every correct answer and deduct 0.25 marks for each wrong answer and get the possible score. If the candidate left the question blank, no marks will be added or deducted in that case.
Importance of CLAT Answer Key
- The official Answer Keys will help in calculating the approximate score to be secured by the candidate in the exam.
- In case of any discrepancy, Committee facilitates objection by the candidate and release the revised answer key.
- The candidates can analyze their performance by calculating the number of correct answers.
CLAT Cut Off 2021
The cut off of CLAT entrance exam is released by Law schools. The possible cut off of every law school is different. The cut off holds the minimum marks that one has to secure in order to qualify the examination. The authority releases the cut off in an online mode in a PDF Format.
CLAT Result 2021
The result of CLAT will be released online on the official website of CLAT. Additionally, the rank list will be published category wise for UG and PG courses. Furthermore, in order to download CLAT Result 2021, the candidates will have to provide certain details in the section of login. However, the following points explain the complete procedure of downloading the CLAT 2021 Result:
- Visit the official website of the authority.
- Click on the link of the result.
- Enter mandatory details in the login section.
- Click on Submit.
- The result will appear on the screen.
- Download and print the result for future purposes.
CLAT Merit List 2021
Candidates scoring over the cut off point will have their name in the rank list. However, if there happens to be a tie between two or more aspirants, these methods will be implemented to resolve those tie.
- Those who obtain higher marks in the section of legal aptitude will be preferred.
- If the tie still persists, the candidate older in age will be preferred.
- If the tie still persists, it will be resolved through Computerised Draw of Lots.
All India Rank: After resolving the tie, the name of the qualified candidates will be entered in order of rank. Furthermore, each candidate will have an All India Rank and admission to top universities will demand a higher rank.
CLAT Counselling 2021
The candidates seeking admission to UG and PG law courses will have to go through Centralized Counselling procedure for the allotment of seats to various Law Universities. Furthermore, the authority will allot the seats on the basis of ‘merit cum preference’ i.e. CLAT rank and order of preference given by the candidate in the Application Form of CLAT. The counselling schedule will be available on the official website of CLAT. However, the step-wise procedure for admission to law Universities is as follows:
- Publication of 1st indicative list on the basis of merit cum preference.
- Make a payment of counselling fee. Additionally, the provisionally selected candidates must deposit the amount of Rs. 50,000/- as counselling fee which will be later transferred to the NLU where the candidate has taken admission after the completion of the entire process.
- Publication of 2nd allotment list of the candidate who has paid her/his counselling and reserved the seat.
- Publication of 3rd allotment list of the candidates. Furthermore, the third allotment list may contain the names of the candidates who have paid the counselling fee against first and second indicative lists. Additionally, the office will also release a list of waitlisted candidates along with the third allotment list who are provisionally selected against the dropped out candidates.
Lock, Upgrade and Withdrawl option:
- Lock- This option will be provided in each of the counselling rounds. Furthermore, exercising this lock option by the candidate will confirm the allotted university choice for that counselling round. However, once Lock, it will prohibit the candidate from shifting their choice to any other NLU in the current counselling round.
- Shifting/Upgradation- This option will be available from the second round of the counselling. Furthermore, it will be available only to those candidates who have participated in the previous counselling round.
- Withdrawl: If any candidate attending CLAT counselling fails to deposit the amount of the required counselling fee, she/he may lose the chance of admission in NLU of her/his choice.
Documents to be brought at the time of CLAT Counselling 2021
- CLAT Application Form
- Admit Card of CLAT 2021
- CLAT scorecard
- Class 10th mark sheet
- Class 12th mark sheet
- Caste certificate
- Specially abled certificate (If applicable)
- NRI certificate (If applicable)
- Domicile certificate (if applicable)
NLU’s Participating in CLAT
|Name of NLU||UG Seats||PG Seats|
Affiliated Universities Participating in CLAT 2021
|S.No||Name of the university|
|1||Alliance University, Bangalore|
|2||Jaipur National University|
|3||Geeta University of Law|
|4||Aryans College of Law, Rajpura, Chandigarh|
|5||RNB Global University|
|7||Indore Institute of Law|
|8||Mahatma Jyoti Rao Phoole University, Jaipur|
|9||Lloyd Law College|
|10||NIMT Institute of Method and Law (NIMT Vidhi Evam Kanun Sansthan)|
|12||Hindustan Institute of Technology & Science|
|13||ITM University Raipur|
|14||Maharshi Law School, Maharshi University of Information Technology|
|15||Renaissance Law College|
|16||Teri Schools of Advanced Studies|