HPNLET 2019- Himachal Pradesh National Law University (HPNLU) conducts Himachal Pradesh National law Entrance Test (HPNLET) for admission to law programmes offered by the University. Candidates will have to appear for HPNLET 2019 and qualify the exam for admission to Undergraduate law courses, Post- Graduate law and P.h.D. law programmes of Himachal Pradesh National Law University. HPNLET 2019 Forms will be available in an online mode.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Go through the tentative schedule of important dates from the tabular format below:
|Lovely Professional University 2019 Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
|The release of the Application Form||January 2019|
|Last date for the receipt of the Application Form||April 2019|
|Availability of Admit Card||To be announced soon|
|Date and Time of Test||May 2019 (10:00 A.M. to 12:00 Noon)|
|Declaration of Result||June 2019|
HPNLET Application Form 2019:
Himachal Pradesh National law University will be releasing the Application Form online. Candidates planning to appear for the entrance exam will be required to fill up the Application Form with all the necessary details. The forms will be available only in an online mode. Candidates will be required to go through the Registration, Procedure of Locking the Application, Filling the Application Form providing the Academic qualification, Uploading Photograph and Signature, Contact Details, Personal Details and Family Details.
HPNLET Eligibility Conditions 2019:
The eligibility criteria for applying for different courses will be different. Candidates applying for UG Law or PG Law or P.h.D will be required to go through the eligibility conditions in detail before filling up the Application Form for their respective courses. Candidates applying for HPNLET can go through the eligibility conditions mentioned for different courses in points below:
B.A./B.B.A. LL.B. (Hons) Five Year Integrated Course:
- Candidate should have passed 10+2 or equivalent course. The minimum aggregate marks for candidates belonging to SC/ST category should be 45% and candidates belonging to Unreserved/OBC/Specially Abled Person/NRI/NRI Sponsored categories/Kashmiri Migrants must have secured at least 50%.
- The candidates appearing for qualifying examination are also eligible to appear in the HPNLET exam.
- Candidates who have completed their 10+2 through open school/Universities are not eligible to apply for the exam.
One Year LL.M. Course:
- Candidate applying for this course must have done LL.B. (3 years or 5 years) or equivalent course
- Candidates belonging to Unreserved/OBC/SAP categories must have secured at least 55% marks
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST category must have secured minimum 50% marks.
- Those who are appearing for the qualifying examination in April/May 2018 are also eligible.
- The candidate applying for P.h.D must have LL.M or equivalent degree.
- Candidate should have secured a minimum of 55% marks in the qualifying exam.
- The candidates applying for qualifying exam in March/April 2018 are also eligible to appear for the entrance exam.
HPNLET Examination Pattern 2019:
Candidates appearing for this exam will have to start preparing for the entrance exam as a large number of candidates apply every year for admission to law courses in this University. The examination pattern for each course (UG/PG/ PhD) will be different. Candidate will be given the duration of 2 hours for completing the exam. Go through the examination pattern for each course here.
B.A./B.B.A. LL.B (Hons.) 5-year course: The pattern of the question paper will be of Multiple Choice and candidate will be provided with the option of four possible answers for each question out of which candidate will be required to mark the correct one as per her/his knowledge. For the examination pattern go through the tabular format below:
|Subjects||No. of questions||Marks|
|Legal Awareness and Reasoning||40||40|
One Year LL.M. Course: The question paper pattern for LL.M. exam will be of Multiple choices. There will also be one essay question in the question paper. Exam pattern is mentioned in the tabular format below.
|Topics||No. of questions||Marks|
Essay on Contemporary Legal Issues
01 Essay Question
PhD Programme: The examination pattern of this course will consist of Paper 1 and Paper 2. The pattern will be of Multiple choices as well as one essay type question. Check for the examination pattern in the tabular format below.
|Paper||Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Paper 1||Legal Research Methodology||50||100|
|Paper 2||Topic related to law and social transformation||01 Essay Type question||50|
HPNLET 2018 Syllabus:
The syllabus of the entrance exam of all the courses will be different. Topics will be the same as mentioned in the examination pattern section above and some basic questions will be from Math, English, Reasoning. Some questions will be from law field and some from Research and social issues. but the topics and the difficulty level of each section will differ as per the course. Candidates can have a look at the topics of each course which will be covered in the entrance exam.
|For B.A./B.B.A. LL.B. (Hons) 5 years course||English Comprehensive|
Legal Awareness and Reasoning
|One year LL.M. Course|
|For Ph.D. Programme|
HPNLET Admit Card 2019:
Himachal Pradesh National Law University will release the Admit Card for HPNLET on its official website. HPNLET Admit Card 2019 will be available only in the online mode and there will be no availability of accessing the document through post or from any other offline mode. The detailed information of the Admit card can be found below.
Steps to Download HPNLET 2019 Admit Card:
Admit card will be available in an online mode on the official website of the University. Candidates can follow the following steps mentioned for successfully downloading the Admit Card.
- Visit the official website of HPNLU and look for the Admit card link.
- It is necessary to go through the instructions carefully before downloading the Admit card.
- Click on the link ‘Download the Admit Card’
- Next step will require to fill up the necessary credentials like Application number, Date of Birth or Applicant’s Name and Date of Birth.
- After the filling, the credentials, Admit card will appear on the screen containing all the required information. Candidates are advised to cross-check the details mentioned on the Admit card very carefully.
- After cross-checking the details, download the Admit Card and get at least 2 to 3 spare copies of the document for future reference.
Contents Mentioned on the Admit Card:
- Candidate’s Name
- Roll Number
- Date of Birth
- Application Number
- Course Name
- Father’s Name
- Mother’s Name
- Venue of the exam
- The timing of the exam
HPNLET Result 2019:
The result of HPNLET 2019 will be released online by Himachal Pradesh National Law University on the official website. HPNLET result will be declared after the entrance exam of all the courses has been conducted successfully. Result of each course will be released separately. The list will also contain the marks, name and roll number of the candidate.
Steps to check HPNLET Result 2019:
- Visit the official website of the University. Go for the result link which will be available on the homepage.
- Results of all the courses will be available. Candidates will have to choose the course they appeared for in the entrance exam.
- The result will be available as per the category wise. The candidate has to choose her/his category and click on the link.
- The pdf file will be displayed on the screen carrying the marks, name and roll number of the candidate.
- Check the result and take a printout of it for future reference.
HPNLET Counselling 2019:
Candidates will be called for counselling procedure on the basis of marks secured by them in the entrance exam. For counselling, candidates will be required to apply to the desired college. The allotment to the preferred college will be done on the basis of the marks secured by the candidate if the achieved score falls under the accepted score set by the college affiliated with HPNLET. The candidates will get the allotment as per the score secured by them in the entrance exam.
HPNLET 2019 Seat Reservation:
As per the notified reservation of seats to be allotted as per category wise. Candidates can go through the reservation of seats from the detail mentioned below as per the course wise.
For Under Graduate Programmes:
- The total number of seats available for BA/BBA LL.B (Hons.) is 60.
- There are 02 seats for Kashmiri Migrants and 10 seats for Non-Resident Indians or the person sponsored by them.
For -Graduate Programmes (For One year LL.M. Course and PhD programme):
- For candidates appearing for LL.M. Programme should know that the total 20 seats.
- There will be 10 seats for Ph.D. programme out of which 5 will be reserved for women of LL.M. Programme.
Some of the seats will be reserved for the candidates of the reserved category. Percentage of the reserved seats will be as such-
|Category||Reservation of Seats|
|Wards of Serving/Retired Defence Personnel||15%|