Delhi Nursing Council (DNC) is an autonomous statutory registration body which exists since Delhi Nursing Act, 1997. The council got functional after a careful effort by a group of nursing professionals and the Health Minister of Delhi. Now, DNC is an autonomous nursing council that functions under the regulations of the Indian Nursing Council. The council is mainly responsible for the registration of the nurses under the council. The registration of nurses helps them to practice nursing in various government and private nursing homes in Delhi. The Delhi Nursing Council is also responsible for conducting various nursing as well as paramedical courses. In this article, we are describing in detail the state nursing council in Delhi. Read the further articles to know more about the functions of the Delhi Nursing Council.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Delhi Nursing Council: An Overview
The Delhi Nursing Council (DNC) came into existence in the year 1997 and since then it is responsible for carrying out nursing education in Delhi. It regulates the nursing practice in the state and also offers various nursing courses. The state nursing council is the body that regulates and maintains the nursing practice in Delhi. The Indian Nursing Council recognizes these state nursing councils. Therefore, the state nursing council is in a way regulated by the INC. Candidates can read details about the role of the Indian Nursing Council, which is the highest nursing body in India. Now, let us talk about the major functions of the Delhi Nursing Council.
The DNC offers various nursing and paramedical courses. Admission into these courses is taken through a written entrance exam. The Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) conducts this entrance exam every year. The candidates can fill the MCD Nursing Form 2019 in order to give the entrance exam. Once the MCD releases the results of the written exam. There is the merit list of the eligible candidates. The admission happens only after the counseling of the candidates. Therefore, the MCD, Delhi, conducts entrance exams and counseling for nursing courses in Delhi.
Also, Check– MCD GNM Result
Functions of DNC
Apart from conducting various nursing courses, the Delhi Nursing Council also registers the nurses under ANM/ GNM. The nurses can apply for the Delhi Nursing Council Primary Registration by visiting the official website of the DNC. After successful registration, the nurses can practice in various government and private nursing homes. The process for registration under ANM/ GNM in Delhi is given in detail in the latter part of this article. However, let us now discuss a few major functions of the Delhi Nursing Council. Here is the list of a few major roles of DNC:
- The DNC acts to register and re-register the practicing nurses, midwives, ANM/ FHW, Female Health Supervisor, Female Health Assistants employed in the NCT of Delhi.
- It also plays a part in licensing, supervision, and recognition of training institutions of nursing.
- Most importantly, the DNC helps in conducting, continuing nursing education programs for in-service clinical nurses, ANM’s nursing faculty members of the college, and schools of nursing.
- The Delhi Nursing Council also functions in the handling of grievances and appeals of aggrieved persons related to refusal of recognition, affiliation, and registration.
These are a few major objectives of the Delhi Nursing Council. Apart from these, there are other small objectives of the council like-
- It functions to provide a database of available practicing nurses in the state of Delhi
- To improve standards of health care in the state of Delhi
- It also serves as an agency to develop nursing staffing norms, recruitment policy, pay & remuneration, and any other nursing-related policies.
- To enable the nurses, ANM/ FHW, Midwives, Female Health Assistants to provide care to the patients through safe practices
Types of Nursing Programs
The Delhi Nursing Council offers various nursing programs every year. The council members design the course curriculum and the syllabus of the nursing and paramedical courses. The council body also regulates the fees of each nursing program. The candidates need to go through the proforma of the Delhi Nursing Council before filling the application form. The Delhi Nursing Council Website Address is given in the description box at the end of this article. Candidates can check the official website to apply for registration. Here is the list of programs and the eligibility for getting admission. We have given all the details in tabular format so that candidates can check the details easily.
|No.||Nursing Programs||Eligibility Criteria||Training|
|1||Auxiliary Nurse & Midwife||10+2 Pass||2 years||Council Examination||ANM|
|2||General Nursing & Midwifery||10+2 Class pass with an aggregate of 50%|
|3 and 1/2 years||Council Examination||RN & RM|
|3||B. Sc (Basic)||As Per The INC Norms.||4 years||University||RN & RM|
|4||B.Sc (Post Basic)|
|5||M. Sc.||As Per The INC Norms.||2 years||University|| Additional|
Delhi Nursing Council Registration Process
The candidates can register themselves under DNC Nursing. They need to follow the instructions. They need to produce valid original documents required for the registration of the nurses. The Delhi Nursing Council Registration Form is available on the official website (www.delhinursingcouncil.com/download-registration-form). Candidates can click the link and download the registration form. After downloading the form, the candidates need to fill in the details and attach the documents.
The list of essential documents to be submitted along with the application/ registration form is given below-
- Three recent passport size frontal view camera photographs on white background one affixed on the application form and two clipped on the form ( ONE Photograph attested by employer/ Nsg. Superintendent). All Photographs Should preferably be in Uniform with Hair neatly Tied at the back.
- Photocopies (duly attested) of 10th and 12th class certificate. (School leaving) and Mark sheets.
- Photocopies (duly attested) of mark sheets of all three / four years examination issued by Council/ Exam Board/ Universities.
- Photocopy (duly attested) of diploma certificate/degree From Examination Board / Nursing Council / University.
- Duly attested photocopy (Front and back) of registration certificate with parent and other councils, (RN & RM).
- Address proof of the nursing training institute from where the training is obtained.
- Photocopy of both sides front & back (duly attested) of the renewal receipt/ renewal of registration with another council (if applicable).
- Proof of being employed in Delhi in the form of identity card, letter of appointment, letter of selection, etc.
- Additional Photocopy of the registration certificate of the parent nursing council.
- Additional passport size photograph. For those who are registered with the Mahakoshal nurses registration council.
- Fees for registration / re-registration as applicable.
- Copy of your AADHAAR CARD IS MANDATORY with Application Form.
- Submission of the original Registration certificate. For Punjab, Rajasthan, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, and Telangana as required by these Councils. Candidates registered with Karnataka State Nursing Council submit the additional attested photocopy of the Registration certificate as required by Karnataka State Nursing Council (if applicable).
- Submission of Punjab Nurses Registration Council original Registration certificate along with the Challan. The candidate needs to visit the PNRC website www.pnrc.in to generate the challan and then deposit their required fee of PNRC for NOC in any branch of Axis Bank.
Check– MCD GNM 2020 Answer Key
Nursing Institutes Under DNC
The Delhi Nursing Council recognizes a few nursing institutes which have permission to offer nursing training programs. Only these particular colleges/ institutes have recognition. The candidates can only choose from these colleges for the nursing course. There are many nursing colleges in Delhi but not all of them have the recognition/ affiliation by DNC. Therefore, it is very important for the candidates to check whether the college is affiliated with DNC or not. We have given the list of Nursing Colleges in Delhi pdf. Candidates can click on the link to get the list of colleges.
DNC Fee Structure
The fees for nursing registration, nursing application form, college fees, and examination fees are given below. Aspirants can check out the fee structure before enrolling in the nursing course. It shall also help in understanding whether the course fits in the budget or not. Candidates can check the Delhi Nursing Council Registration Fees below –
|Program Name||First Inspection Fees||Annual Affiliation Fees||Re-Inspection/|
Enhancement of Seats
|School Programs Fees|
|POST BASIC DIPLOMA PROGRAM||25000.00||10,000.00||6000.00|
|College Programs fees|
|P B B. Sc (N)||50000.00||10,000.00||7000.00|