The Selection Committee of Tamil Nadu Medical Board has released 3rd list of Seat Allotment of Candidates on 19th October 2019. Still there are vacant seats in both private as well as government colleges. Candidates can download the Allottment List PDF from the link given in the update section of this article. The Directorate of Medical Education, Tamil Nadu has released the TN GNM Counseling Schedule 2019 PDF. The candidates can now check the Counseling Schedule by clicking on the link given above. The counseling schedule is available in pdf format which they can easily download. The Counseling starts from October 17, 2019, and will end on October 19, 2019. The GNM Merit List 2019 PDF is already out on the official website. Candidates can now check the pdf on the official website as well as in this article. Tamil Nadu GNM Nursing is a 3.5-year diploma level course.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
The course in General Nursing and Midwifery trains the nurses in taking special care of patients and maternity cases. Many nursing schools and medical colleges offer the course in GNM. The admission in TN Nursing Course is through the official body of Tamil Nadu Nurses and Midwives Council. This is the only regulating body which conducts the admission for Tamil Nadu GNM 2019. Therefore, the aspiring candidates need to regularly visit the official website for updates and notifications. Also, check the Tamil Nadu GNM Application Form 2019 This article gives a detailed overview of Tamil Nadu GNM Counselling 2019.
Tamil Nadu GNM Counseling 2019 Third Merit List (Released)
The process of counseling is usually the final process of admission into the General Nursing and Midwifery Course. The candidates whose names appear in the Tamil Nadu GNM Merit List 2019 are now eligible for the counseling round. However, the mode of counseling can be either offline or online, depending upon the college/University. Tamil Nadu Nursing Counselling 2019 is undertaken by the Health and Family Welfare Department, Govt. of Tamil Nadu. The mode of Nursing Counseling is OFFLINE. Therefore, it is compulsory for the candidates to be physically present at the counseling venue with the original documents. The merit list 2019 has now been released, for further information, please visit the official website. Download the Tamil Nadu Nursing Allotted List PDF by clicking on the link given below
- TN GNM Second Admission List
- List of Vacant Seats (after Second Round of Counseling)
- Addition of Name in the Merit List
- Counseling Schedule for IRT Ward Candidates
- List of the Wards of IRT Candidates (called for counseling on 19.10.2019)
- First Allotted List for Diploma in Nursing Course pdf
- List of Vacant Seats (after First Round of Seat Allotment)
- Tamil Nadu Nursing Admission Call Letter
- Tamil Nadu GNM Counseling Schedule 2019 pdf
TN Nursing Counseling Process
The counseling for Diploma in Nursing Tamil Nadu is now available on the official website. The candidates have to check their names in the list. If they are eligible for the counseling, then their names will be in the list. And the eligible candidates will be intimidated through a call letter. The GNM Nursing Counseling is based on the merit list. On the basis of applicant’s marks, their names appear in the merit list. Therefore, it is very important to secure good percentage marks in the qualifying examination. Only then a candidate will be eligible for the counseling process. The counseling mainly comprises of document verification and medical check-up.
For Latest Updates Check-
The Procedure of Offline TN GNM Counselling 2019
The GNM Nursing Counselling 2019 for Tamil Nadu will start from October 17 and will end on October 19. Each groups have a particular date and time-slot for the Counseling. Therefore, the candidates should check the dates and present themselves with all the documents at the venue. In the offline counseling round, candidates will have to appear as a person in the Institute with all the required documents. Therefore, candidates should prepare all the documents well in advance. In addition, they must be careful about reaching the venue well before the scheduled time. Candidates must especially note the following points before going for the counseling round
- In the Offline GNM Counselling Round, candidates have to visit the allotted center on the scheduled date and time.
- The offline procedure will start from a Counselling Form, which the candidates will have to fill on the spot.
- Candidates must bring all the documents that have been mentioned in the official notification. You will have to bring a set of both original and photocopy.
- Applicants have to submit a certain counseling amount at the time of the counseling process.
- In the Counselling Process, your documents will be checked and verified properly.
- Hence, if all your documents are correct, then you will be eligible for the further admission process.
The List of Documents Required for Tamil Nadu GNM 2019
You need to carry the following documents along with you at the time of counseling/document verification. A set of photocopy, as well as the original format, should be present with the candidate.
- Matriculation Certificate for Date of Birth
- 10+2 Passing Certificate and Marksheet
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Physically Handicapped Certificate (if applicable)
Important points for TN GNM Nursing Counseling 2019
Candidates eligible for the TN Nursing Course Counseling should carefully read the notification published on the official website. They should keep a regular check of the official website for authentic information. However, here are a few most important points to keep in mind for Nursing Counseling 2019
- Candidates should be present one hour prior to the commencement of counseling along with one of their parents.
- Individual intimations are being dispatched to the candidates.
- Even if they do not receive the intimation letter they can attend the counseling as per their counseling schedule.
- All candidates attending the counseling for Diploma in Nursing Courses will have to remit a non-refundable amount of Rs.200/- by means of Demand Draft drawn in favor of The Secretary, Selection Committee, Payable at Chennai as processing fee, failing which they will not be allowed to attend the counseling.
- The candidates should bring all original Certificates failing which they cannot attend the counseling and will not be considered for allotment. Candidates who are already studying in an institution have to produce the Bonafide Certificate from the Head of the Institution.
- Allotment is subject to availability of seats.
Tie-Breaking Criteria in GNM Counselling 2019
If two or number of candidates have the same number of marks, then the tie-breaking criteria will be applied. The Tie-Breaking Criteria comprises of the following-
- Applicants with higher marks in Biology will get a Higher Rank.
- If the tie still exists, then the candidate with less number of wrong answers will get a higher rank.
- Even after that, the tie still exists, then the candidate older in age will get a Higher Rank.
- If the tie still persists, then the applicant with more marks in aggregate will receive a Higher Rank.
List of Recognized Schools of Nursing for GNM Course
The Tamil Nadu Nurses and Wives Council recognizes Colleges for GNM Nursing 2019. These colleges have the authority to carry out the process of counseling. They are recognized by the Directorate of Medical Education, Tamil Nadu, for carrying out the Nursing Diploma Course for the current academic year.
Types of GNM Nursing 2019 Counselling Rounds
The General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) Counselling will take place in three-round including an Open Round. In the First Round of Counselling, the top rankers will be eligible to participate. After the completion of the allotment of the seats, the second round of counseling will start. If in case, a candidate has not been allotted a seat in the first round, then he/she can appear in the Second Round of GNM Counselling 2019.
Later, the same process goes for the Third Round of Counselling as well. If after all the counseling process, the seats remain vacant, then an Open Round Counselling, also called as Mop-Up Round Counselling will take place. In this process, candidates who did not get a seat in the previous counseling rounds will be eligible to participate. This is the final round after which no more students will get admission.
Hence, the counseling round procedure will take place as per the schedule of the College/Institute which conducts the GNM Entrance Exam.