CLAT Eligibility Criteria 2020: Before the candidate fills the application form of CLAT 2020, the candidate will have to make sure that he/ she is eligible enough. Any ineligible candidate will not be able to apply for the examination. The Common Law Entrance Test (CLAT) is conducted every year for aspiring candidates planning on taking admission in Undergraduate and Postgraduate Law courses. This exam mainly takes place for admission to 19 National Law Universities in India but its score is accepted even by other 43 education institutes and two public sector institutes.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
The online entrance exam is held by the 19 participating law schools in the rotation, in the order of their establishment. The exam of CLAT 2020 was conducted by The National Institute of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi, Kerala, India. Candidates interested in applying will be required to fill up the Application Form available online on the official website i.e. clat.ac.in. However, before proceeding for the CLAT 2020 Application Form, it should be made sure by the candidate that the eligibility criteria of CLAT as prescribed is fulfilled. Go through the CLAT eligibility criteria in detail for UG and PG law courses in detail from the article below.
Check CLAT Admit Card 2020
Know More about the Eligibility Criteria of CLAT 2020
The examination conducting the body of CLAT has prescribed the eligibility conditions for candidates applying for the entrance exam. The eligibility criteria laid down for UG and PG courses are different in the context of the Qualifying examination, age limit and minimum marks. In case, the conditions are not met, the authority reserves the right of cancelling the admission even if the candidate has qualified the exam. Check the eligibility criteria for respective courses from below.
CLAT UG Eligibility Criteria
- The Applicants from General/OBC/Special Abled Person (SAP) or other categories should have secured 45% marks in 10+2.
- The candidates belonging to SC/ST categories should have secured at least 40% marks in 10+2 exam.
- Candidates appearing for 10+2 exam will also be eligible to apply. But these candidates will be required to submit a proof of qualifying the exam with the result of the admission. Candidate can lose the admission if fail to produce it.
CLAT PG Eligibility Criteria
- The Applicant should have LL.B./Five years Integrated LL.B (Hons) or equivalent degree.
- Candidates belonging to General/OBC/Specially Abled Person (SAP) and other categories should have secured at least 55% marks in the degree.
- The minimum qualifying marks for SC/ST candidates is 50% in the degree.
- Candidates in the final year of Degree course can also apply. But there will be the requirement of submitting the qualifying examination result before the deadline prescribed by the examination authorities
CLAT Application Form 2020
The application form of CLAT 2020 has been released on the 1st of January 2020. The candidates, who are looking forward to sitting in the examination must fill in the CLAT Application Form 2020. The authority has released the application form on the official website of the authority. While the candidate is filling in the CLAT Online Form 2020, he/ she will have to upload mandatory documents. The size of the documents must be as per the specified criteria. After filling in the CLAT application form 2020, the candidates will have to pay the application fee. The candidate should make sure that he/ she is filling all the correct details in the application form.