The Common Law Entrance Test (CLAT) is conducted every year for aspiring candidates planning on taking admission in Undergraduate and Postgraduate Law courses. This exam mainly takes place for admission to 19 National Law Universities in India but its score is accepted even by other 43 education institutes and two public sector institutes.
|Manav Rachna University Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
|Chandigarh University Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
|Lovely Professional University Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
|Bennett University 2019 Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
Subscribe For Latest Updates
The online entrance exam is held by the 19 participating law schools in the rotation, in the order of their establishment.The exam of CLAT 2018 was conducted by The National Institute of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi, Kerala, India. Candidates interested in applying will be required to fill up the Application Form available online on the official website i.e. clat.ac.in. However, before proceeding for the CLAT 2019 Application Form, it should be made sure by the candidate that the eligibility criteria as prescribed is fulfilled. Go through the eligibility criteria in detail for UG and PG law courses in detail from the article below.
CLAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The examination conducting the body of CLAT has prescribed the eligibility conditions for candidates applying for the entrance exam. The eligibility criteria laid down for UG and PG courses are different in the context of the Qualifying examination, age limit and minimum marks. In case, the conditions are not met, the authority reserves the right of cancelling the admission even if the candidate has qualified the exam. Check the eligibility criteria for respective courses from below.
CLAT UG Eligibility Criteria
- The Applicants from General/OBC/Special Abled Person (SAP) or other categories should have secured 45% marks in 10+2.
- The candidates belonging to SC/ST categories should have secured atleast 40% marks in 10+2 exam.
- Candidates appearing for 10+2 exam will also be eligible to apply. But these candidates will be required to submit a proof of qualifying the exam with the result of the admission. Candidate can lose the admission, if fail to produce it.
CLAT PG Eligibility Criteria
- The Applicant should have LL.B./Five years Integrated LL.B (Hons) or equivalent degree.
- Candidates belonging to General/OBC/Specially Abled Person (SAP) and other categories should have secured atleast 55% marks in the degree.
- The minimum qualifying marks for SC/ST candidates is 50% in the degree.
- Candidates in the final year of Degree course can also apply but there will be the requirement of submitting the qualifying examination result before the before the deadline prescribed by the examination authorities