CENTAC Cutoff 2020: Centralized Admission Committee will release the cut off for CENTAC 2020. The Cutoff will be released on the official website of the committee. Cut off is the minimum marks a candidate needs in order to get admission to the specified college. CENTAC holds counselling as well as Entrance Exam for admission to various government and private colleges in the Union Territory of Puducherry. It offers admission to many Undergraduate, Postgraduate, and Diploma Courses. Cut off will be prepared by the authorities on the basis of the score of the candidates who appeared for the exam. Additionally, a separate category-wise and department wise CENTAC Cutoff List 2020 will be released. Keep reading the article for more information about the CENTAC Puducherry Cutoff.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
CENTAC has released the first phase counselling schedule for admission. Check below. Check Here.
Factors Determining CENTAC 2020 Cut Off
- The number of candidates appeared for the entrance exam of CENTAC.
- The difficulty level of the examination.
- Availability of seats as per the courses.
- Marks scored by the candidate in the exam. Cut off is obviously set according to the average highest of the marks scored by the candidates.
- Previous years cut off trends.
What are the Key Highlights of CENTAC Cut-Off 2020?
The Important Key Highlights of CENTAC Cutoff 2020 are as follows-
- The cut-off marks are determined by the Centralized Admission Committee
- Candidates will be allotted seats on the basis of the cut-off scores in Government, private, and State Quota
- For other states and Union Territory, the authorities will consider JEE Main 2020 scores to prepare the list.
- The authorities also prepare the category-wise merit list for the category students.
- Department-wise CENTAC Cutoff 2020 will also be released.
There will be 480 sanctioned B.Tech seats which will be offered through CENTAC 2020.
Previous Years CENTAC Cut Off
Look into the previous years cut off in order to know the current cut off of CENTAC
CENTAC 2019 Cut Off
For Computer Science Engineering:
|Sri ManakulaVinayagar Engineering College||GEN||178.33|
|Rajiv Gandhi College of Engineering and Technology||GEN||142.33|
|Christ College of Engineering and Technology||GEN||138.667|
|Sri ManakulaVinayagarInstitute of Technology||GEN||164|
CENTAC Cut Off 2018
Why Cut Off? Idea Behind Cutoff
- The purpose behind CENTAC Cutoff is to select capable candidates for admission to the renowned colleges. Colleges set forth its own standard of picking up the students for a particular course.
- Not only this but also cutoff marks set the standard for the candidates to have an idea regarding the difficulty level of the exam. Therefore, it will help the aspiring candidates to know what kind of hard work they should put into the studies to get the admission.
- This will also provide candidates with a more vivid view on which colleges and courses to pick from to have better chances of getting admission. By looking at the cutoff of past years candidates can also have an idea of what to expect the coming year.
Participating Colleges in CENTAC Admission and Seat Matrix
|College||Number of Seats|
|Indira Gandhi Medical College and Research Institute||127|
|Rajiv Gandhi Ayurveda Medical College, MAHE||42|
|Mahatma Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Dental Sciences||29|
|Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Veterinary Education and Research||30|
|Pondicherry Engineering College, Puducherry||382|
|Perunthalaivar Kamarajar Institute of Engg and Technology||153|
|Mother Theresa Post Graduate & Research Institute of Health Sciences, Puducherry||BSc (68), B.Pharm (51), BPT (14), BSc (MLT) 10 seats|
Key Points About CENTAC Cutoff 2020
- TheCentralized Admission Committee will release the cutoff marks along with the res
- Seat allotment of the selected candidates will be on the basis of the cutoff. The candidates will be allotted seats in private and unaided professional colleges, this will also include minority colleges. Also as per the government quota seats.
- Candidates attaining higher or equal to the cutoff will be granted admission.
- The Cutoff list for the candidates belonging to the Union Territory of Puducherry and other states or Union Territories will be constituted separately.
- The cutoff for Puducherry candidates will be prepared after normalizing the scores obtained in H. Sc or equivalent exam.
- The cutoff list will be prepared after the normalization of the marks scored in H.Sc. or equivalent examination.
So, these are the complete details regarding CENTAC Cutoff 2020. If you have any queries then please comment on the section below.