Bhartiya Vidyapeeth Deemed University will be conducting an entrance examination for admission to Master of Pharmacy Course (M.Pharm.) or Doctor of Pharmacy at Poona College of Pharmacy, Pune. Interested candidates can apply for this course and make sure that they fulfill all the eligibility criteria before applying. BVP PHARMPG 2018 entrance exam will be held at the different locations in the designated examination centers in Pune, New Delhi, Navi Mumbai as per the schedule.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
The official notification regarding the release of the application form has been declared, the date for the receipt of Application Form is in June 2018 and entrance exam will be taking place by the end of June 2018. Candidates can go through the other details like Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Syllabus etc. from the article.
Important Dates BVP PHARMPG 2018
The official notification regarding the BVP PHARMPG 2018 entrance exam has been released by the University. Candidates can go through the schedule of admission procedure from the table below:
|Last date for the receipt of Application Form||14th June 2018|
|Dispatch of Admission Cards||On receipt and scrutinization of Application Form|
|Entrance Examination Date||17th June 2018|
|Result Date||29th June 2018|
|Counselling and on the Spot Admission||11th & 12th July 2018|
|Commencement of classes||1st August 2018|
BVP PHARMPG 2018 Application Form
The candidate interested in appearing in an exam is required to complete the prescribed Application Form and submit it to the University on or before the scheduled date and time. Along with the attested copies of the required documents and test fee.
Important Notes Regarding BVP PHARMPG 2018
- A passport size photograph should be affixed at the appropriate place in the Application Form. The photograph is to be attested by the Principal/Head of the Institution where the candidate has studied or by a gazetted officer. The attestation should be done in such a way that the photograph is not defaced.
- Candidates are not required to enclose originals of any certificates with the Application form.
- The candidate is required to mention the number of the Application Form and her/his name on the back of Demand Draft.
- The application must reach either by hand or by mail to the prescribed address on or before the last date.
- The Application sent by mail must be sent by registered post/speed post/courier.
- Candidates are advised to check the following before mailing/submitting the Application Form.
- The Application Form has been signed at the specified places.
- Recent passport size attested photographs have been duly pasted in the space earmarked for the same.
BVP PHARMAPG 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- BVP PHARMAPG 2018 is a combined entrance exam for admission to M Pharma or Pharma D. The admissions to M.Pharma will be given on the basis of combined Merit List PHARMPG 2018 of BVDU. Candidates who have passed B.Pharm examination not less than 55% marks (50% in case of SC/ST candidates) or equivalent grade points from any AICTE approved institution shall be eligible to appear for the Entrance test for admission to M.Pharma course.
- The Candidate who is likely to appear or who has appeared for the qualifying examination i.e. B.Pharm but whose result has not been declared yet can also appear for the entrance exam. But the candidate will only be considered eligible for admission only if she/he passes the qualifying examination before the date of counselling with the requisite percentage of marks.
- Admission to M.Pharma course will be given strictly on the basis of Merit obtained by the candidates in their respective categories i.e. SC/ST, GPAT or sponsored etc. In the entrance exam.
- Candidates having qualified GPAT score and also having atleast 60% marks at B.Pharm examination will be eligible to receive fellowship of Rs. 8000/-. The candidates who have not qualified GPAT score can also appear for the Entrance exam.
- Admission to each category will be made as per the break up indicated in the brochure. GPAT qualified candidates shall be considered eligible for the non-sponsored category of students (General and SC/ST). In case the GPAT qualified candidates are not available, admission will be given to those non GPAT students who are in the merit in Entrance Examination.
- A GPAT qualified student may get an AICTE fellowship depending upon its availability.
- The Admission will be provided to the M.Pharma and D.Pharma based on the Merit list of the entrance exam as per the availability of seats in that category/program.
- For all subjects of M.Pharma, the distribution of the seats to the students belonging to SC/ST category will be made as per the distribution of seats.
- For M.Pharma in subjects of Quality Assurance Techniques, Pharmaceutical Biotechnology and Drug Regulatory Affairs admission to Foreign/ NRI/ PIO/ OCI/ Institutional Quota Merit Category subject to the rank in PHARMPG-2018.
- All the remaining seats will be allotted to the open category students as per rank obtained in PHARMPG-2018.
BVP PHARMAPG 2018 M.Pharma Seat Intake
The Government of India and AICTE has sanctioned to the College Post Graduate (M.Pharma) program in the following subjects. Candidates can go through the seat intake based on Specialization and Category of Students:
|Quality Assurance Technique||10||3||5||18|
|Drug Regulatory Affairs||10||3||5||18|
- The GPAT qualified candidates will get fellowship by the AICTE.
- 15% seats of M.Pharm.in subject Quality Assurance Technique, Pharmaceutical Biotechnology and Drug Regulatory affairs are reserved for Foreign/ NRI/ PIO/ OCI/ Institutional Quota Merit Category Students. Candidates desirous of taking admission under this category will have to apply to The Registrar, Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University, Pune.
BVP PHARMPG 2018 Pharma.D.Intake
Intake Capacity - 10 Seats
15% seats are reserved for Foreign/NRI/PIO/OCI/Institutional Quota Merit Category Students. Candidates desirous of taking admission under this category will have to apply to The Registrar, Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University, Pune.
BVP PHARMPG 2018 Examination Pattern
- The question paper of BVP PHARMPG entrance exam will consist of one paper.
- The question paper will have 200 questions.
- The pattern of the paper will be objective and duration of the exam will of 3 hours.
- Candidates must note that there will be No Negative Marking.
BVP PHARMPG 2018 Syllabus for M.Pharm. And PHARM D(PB)
|Pharmaceutical Chemistry||Pharmacotherapeutic Agents: Structure, nomenclature, uses, mechanism of action and structure-activity relationship of drugs belonging to the category of neuroleptics, antidepressants and anxiolytics, antihypertensives, antiarrhythmics, diuretics, analgesics, anti-inflammatory antihistamines.|
Chemotherapeutic Agents: Structural formulae, classification nomenclature, uses, mechanism of action and superactivity relationship of drugs belonging to categories of sulphonamides, anticancer drugs, antibiotics, antiamoebic agents, antiviral drugs, antitubercular drugs, anthelmintics.
Drug synthesis: Synthesis of drugs belonging to the categories of local anesthetics, barbiturates, anticonvulsants, antihistamines, synthetic hormones, diuretics.
IUPAC nomenclature, inductive effect, resonance, tautomerism, electronegativity, stereoisomerism, nucleophilic substitution, addition, elimination reactions. Chemistry of benzene and its derivatives, amines, alcohols, carboxylic acids, aldehydes and Ketones and Phenols.
Principles and applications of absorption spectroscopy, chromatography, potentiometry, conductometry refractometry and polarography. Principles and instrumentation of NMR and Mass spectroscopy, GLP, Hyphenated Methods.
|Pharmaceutics||Technology of Drug Delivery System: Formulation and Evaluation of parenteral, tablets, capsules, aerosols, liquid orals, ophthalmic preparations and new drug delivery systems.|
Biopharmaceutics and Clinical Pharmacy: Drug absorption, distribution, metabolism and elimination. Dissolution testing and Bioavailability Drugs. Clinical pharmacy and drug interaction.
Microbiology: Sterilization and Sterility testing. Methods of preparation of official sera and vaccines. Serological and diagnostic tests. Principles and methods of Microbiological assays of Pharmacopoeia. Applications of microorganisms in bioconversions.
GMP and CGMP.
|Pharmacology||Pharmacotherapeutic Agents: Uses, mechanism of action of drugs belonging to the categories of neuroleptics, antidepressants and anxiolytics, antiepileptics, antiparkinsonian, antihypertensives, antiarrhythmics, diuretics, antihistamines, H1 And H2. Drugs acting on the autonomic nervous system.|
Chemotherapeutic Agents: Classification, uses, mechanism of action of drugs belonging to categories of sulphonamides, anti-cancer drugs, antibiotics, antiamoebic agents, antiviral drugs, antitubercular drugs, anthelmintics.
|Pharmacognosy||Chemistry, tests, uses and mode of action of cardiac glycosides, steroids, alkaloids and terpenes. Pharmacognosy of Digitalis, Cinnamon, Rauwolfia, Ergot, Opium, Clove, Belladonna, Ginseng, Taxol, Artemisia and Senna|
|Pharmaceutical Biotechnology||Biochemical role of hormones, vitamins, enzymes and nucleic acids. Metabolism.|
Immobilized enzyme, molecular hybridization, basic techniques in DNA Technology. Downstream processing, Impact on health care system . PCR, Micropropagation in plants including organogenesis and embryogenesis, Transgenic Plants
BVP PHARMPG 2018 Admit Card
Bhartiya Vidyapeeth university will be dispatching the admission cards to candidates under certificate of posting. The BVP PHARMPG 2018 Admit Card will contain the Roll number and the address of the examination center.
The candidates appearing for an entrance exam are advised not to mutilate or spoil the admission cards or change any kind of entries made after it has been authenticated by authorities.
Candidates will be required to report to the admission office in case they have not received the BVP PHARMPG 2018 Admit Card. It will be necessary to present with a proof without which duplicate admission card will not be issued. Mere possession of application form will not be considered as a proof of sending the complete Application form.
BVP PHARMPG 2018 Merit List
- The University will prepare two merit lists for Regular merit and Foreign/NRI//PIO/OCI/Institutional quota merit category students appeared for PHARMPG 2018 as per the marks secured by them in the entrance exam.
- The candidates will be called in for BVP PHARMPG 2018 Counselling as per the rank secured by them in the merit list.
- Merit list will also be displayed on the official website of the University i.e. www.bvuniversity.edu.in.
- The Merit List will also be displayed at the designated centers in Pune, Navi Mumbai, New Delhi.
- In case of two or more candidates securing equal marks in the entrance exam, order of preference will be as under:
- Candidates obtaining higher GPAT Score.
- Candidates obtaining higher marks in B.Pharma. Examination.
- Candidates securing higher aggregate marks in all four years of B.Pharm.
BVP PHARMPG 2018 Counselling and On spot Admissions
- The Counselling session will be conducted at Bhartiya Vidyapeeth University, Poona College of Pharmacy, Pune as per the schedule.
- The candidate must note that mere appearance in the entrance examination and inclusion of name in the merit list does not necessarily assure admission to the institute and course.
- The admission will depend upon the availability of seats to the particular program and institute at the time of counselling.
- It will be the responsibility of the candidate to be present at the time of counselling and check their rank in the merit list.
- The candidate should bring along with them proof of appearing for the Entrance Exam Test such as Admit Card or photocopy of Application form/Demand Draft etc.
- The candidate will be offered a seat in the Institute of their choice and course as per the combined merit list prepared by Bhartiya Vidyapeeth University, Pune for all the institutes and all the courses.
- The candidate will be called for counselling as per their merit number and will be offered a seat as per the availability of the seat in the particular institute and program.
Documents Required at the time of BVP PHARMPG 2018 Counselling:
At the time of BVP PHARMPG 2018 Counselling candidates are required to produce the following documents in original, failure to do so will result in the cancellation of the admission. Candidates are also required to submit two photocopies of each of these documents duly attested:
- Letter of counseling.
- Date of Birth Proof: SSC certificate or school/college leaving certificate.
- Certificate of domicile/Nationality Certificate.
- Statement of marks of B.Sc. Nursing Course (Last Qualifying Examination).
- Statement of marks of 12th standard examination.
- Transfer certificate from the institution in which candidate has last studied.
- Migration Certificate.
- Caste Certificate and Caste validity certificate (in case of SC/ST candidate only)
- Character certificate from a responsible person.
- Certificate of medical fitness
- Six recent passport size photographs with your names written on reverse.
- The amount of tuition fee, other fee and hostel fee in case you need admission to Hostel.
Attested copies of first and last page of ration card/latest telephone bill for proof and permanent address.