Bhartiya Vidyapeeth Deemed University will be conducting BVP MEVS/MGI 2018 entrance exam for admissions to M. Sc. Environment Science and Technology and M. Sc. Geoinformatics in the Institute of Environment Education and Research, Bhartiya Vidyapeeth University, Pune. The candidates appearing in the entrance exam will be admitted to the university on the basis of merit secured by them in the exam. Interested candidates seeking admission to M. Sc. courses can fill the Application Form online through the official website as per scheduled date. The mere appearance in the entrance exam will not assure the admission and selection will be based on the marks secured in the entrance test held by the BVP University. The official notification of the entrance exam schedule has been declared by the University and the date of the release of application form is in June 2018 and exam will be taking place in July 2018.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Important Dates Regarding BVP MEVS/MGI 2018
Candidates are requested to go through the instructions in details before filling up the Application Form and should make sure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria for applying for an entrance exam. Applicants can check the schedule of dates mentioned in the table below:
|Last Date for the receipt of Application Form||29th May 2018|
|Date of common entrance test||2nd June 2018|
|Result Declaration||2nd June 2018|
|Counselling Procedure||2nd June 2018|
|Commencement of Classes||3rd July 2018|
BVP MEVS/MGI 2018 Application Form
Candidates interested in appearing in entrance exam are required to fill up the application forms which will be available on the official website of the University. The candidates are advised to go through the instructions in details before filling up the Application Form and should strictly follow those instructions while filling up the Application Form.
The entrance fee could be paid through online or may be paid in cash or through Demand Draft. The detailed information will be available once the official notification has been released by the University.
The University will not be responsible for any delay or loss of Application/Admission Card/Counselling Letter/any communication in transit. Such delay will not be condoned.
Important Instructions for BVP MEVS/MGI 2018 Applicants:
- The candidate has signed the application form at the places specified for the purpose.
- The Application form has been duly signed by candidate’s parent/guardian.
- The candidate’s recent passport size photographs duly attested by the Headmaster of a school or by a gazetted officer have been pasted in the spaces provided for that purpose.
BVP MEVS/MGI 2018 Eligibility Criteria
If a candidate opts for BVP MEVS/MGI 2018, the candidate should have fulfilled the below-mentioned criteria:
- The candidate should have passed Bachelor’s examination from any recognized University or its equivalent examination with any of the following subjects- Environmental Sciences, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, Microbiology, Geology, Geography, Life Sciences, Fisheries Sciences, B.E. (Civil Engineering), Environmental Engineering, Agriculture, Physics, Biotechnology and secured minimum 50% marks (45% for SC/ST candidates) in the mentioned examinations.
- Candidates who have appeared or who are likely to appear for the qualifying examination i.e. B.Sc. or equivalent but whose result have not been declared yet can also appear for this entrance exam given that they have offered the mentioned subjects at the said examination.
- The candidate must have appeared for the All India Entrance Test i.e. MEVST 2018 conducted by Bhartiya Vidyapeeth Deemed University.
If a candidate opts for MGI, the candidate should have passed:
- Sc./B. Sc./B. Sc. (Applied) in Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, Physics, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Life Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics, Geology, Geography, Forestry, Wildlife Science, Computer Science, Information Technology, Agriculture, Oceanography, Marine Sciences, Bioinformatics.
- F.Sc. (Fisheries Science)
- A. Geography
- E. in Mechanical, Civil, IT, Computer, Chemical, Electrical, Electronics and Telecommunications, Environment.
- Secured minimum 50% marks (45% for SC/ST candidates) in the above-mentioned examination.
- Candidates who have appeared or who are likely to appear for qualifying examination i.e. B. Sc. or equivalent but whose result have not been declared as yet can also appear for this entrance test provided that they have offered the mentioned subjects at the said examination.
- The candidate must have appeared for All India Entrance Test i.e. MEVST/MGI 2018 conducted by Bhartiya Vidyapeeth Deemed University.
BVP MEVS/MGI 2018 Seat Intake
|First Year M. Sc. Geoinformatics||25|
|First Year M. Sc. Environment Science and Technology||30|
BVP MEVS/MGI 2018 Examination Pattern
- BVP MEVS/MGI entrance exam will contain 1 paper of 100 questions.
- The question paper will be set in English Language.
- Questions will be based on the syllabus prescribed for the test.
- The pattern of question paper will be objective type.
- The 100 marks question paper will have 4 options for every question, out of which candidates have to tick one correct answer.
- Duration of the examination is 90 minutes.
- Each correct answer will get 1 marks. There is no Negative Marking.
The weightage given for subjects will be as follows:
|Quantitative Aptitude and Numerical Ability||30||30|
|Reasoning and General Intelligence||30||30|
BVP MEVS/MGI 2018 Syllabus
The BVP MEVS/MGI 2018 entrance exam syllabus is given below:
|English Comprehension||· Reading Comprehension|
· Critical Reasoning
· Verbal Ability
|Quantitative aptitude and Numerical Ability||The knowledge of basic Mathematical concepts like algebra, coordinate system, time, speed, distance, ratios and proportions, profit and loss, simple and compound interest, parabola, hyperbola, Theory of numbers etc.|
|Reasoning and General Intelligence||· Logic and General Intelligence|
|General Knowledge||· General awareness about India and world affairs|
· Environmental issues
· India’s space program
· Remote sensing and GIS
· Eminent Personalities
· Titles Conferred
· Indian Culture
BVP MEVS/MGI 2018 Admit Card
The BVP MEVS/MGI 2018 Admit Card will be dispatched by the University by post to candidates under certificates to posting. The BVP MEVS/MGI 2018 Admit Card will contain the Roll number and Examination Center allotted to the candidate with its address.
Candidate must make sure that admission card is not mutilated or spoiled from anywhere and there is no alteration of entry made therein after it has been authenticated by the University authorities.
BVP MEVS/MGI 2018 Result
The BVP MEVS/MGI 2018 Results will be declared after the entrance examination procedure is over. The university will prepare a single merit list for admission to M. Sc. Environment Science and M. Sc. Geoinformatics of the total marks obtained by the candidate in the entrance exam.
The Merit List shall be displayed at the designated center in Pune as well as on the University’s website. In case two or more candidates score equal marks, the inter-merit of such candidates shall be determined on the basis of marks obtained at the qualifying examination level.
BVP MEVS/MGI 2018 Counselling
The BVP MEVS/MGI 2018 counselling procedure for admission to M. Sc. courses is mentioned in points below:
- Only those candidates who have passed the qualifying examination and who fulfill other eligibility condition on the date of counseling will be eligible for counselling.
- The candidate is required to be present for the personal interview (counseling) and for on the spot admission, if her/his name appear in the Merit List.
- The candidates will be called for counseling as per their ranking in the merit list and will be asked for their choice and offered the seat available at that point of time.
- The counseling sessions will be conducted at Institute of Environment Education and Research, Bhartiya Vidyapeeth University, Dhankwadi, Pune as per the schedule.
- The candidate should note that mere appearance for the entrance examination and inclusion of name in the merit list doesn’t necessarily promise the admission to the course. The candidate’s admission depends on the availability of seats for the course at the time of counseling.
- At the time of reporting for the counseling, the candidate is required to produce the documents (original and two sets of photocopies). These documents will be retained by the University if she/he is admitted to the University till the candidate finishes the course. The absence of these documents at the time of counseling will instantaneously forfeit her/his claim for the seat.
- If the candidate fails to report at given date and time of the counseling, her/his claim for admission to the course will be forfeited and seat will be allotted to the next candidate in the Merit List.
- Waiting list for a candidate of each category will be prepared separately and the seat which will fall vacant before the cut off date will be offered to the next candidate in the waiting list.
- The seats falling vacant after cut off date will be offered to any available candidates.
- The selected candidates will be required to pay the entire amount of fee immediately through Bank Draft drawn in favor of Director, Bhartiya Vidyapeeth University Institute of Environment Education and Research, payable at Pune. In case the candidate is unable to make the entire payment of fee, her/his admission will be liable for cancellation.
Documents required at the time of at the time of BVP MEVS/MGI 2018 Counselling:
At the time of BVP MEVS/MGI 2018 counseling candidates are required to produce the following documents in original, failure to do so will result in the cancellation of the admission. Candidates are also required to submit two photocopies of each of these documents duly attested:
- Letter of counseling.
- Date of Birth Proof: SSC certificate or school/college leaving certificate.
- Certificate of domicile/Nationality Certificate.
- Statement of marks of B.Sc. examination (All the three years).
- Statement of marks of 12th standard examination.
- Transfer certificate from the institution in which candidate has last studied.
- Migration Certificate.
- Caste Certificate and Caste validity certificate (in case of SC/ST candidate only)
- Character certificate from a responsible person.
- Certificate of medical fitness
- Six recent passport size photographs with your names written on reverse.
- The amount of tuition fee, other fee and hostel fee in case you need admission to Hostel.
- Attested copies of first and last page of ration card/latest telephone bill for proof and permanent address.