Bhartiya Vidyapeeth Deemed University will be conducting All India Entrance Exam for admission to the Post Graduate MD/MS/Diploma courses for the academic year 2018-2019. Interested candidates are required to go through the procedure of admission in detail and must ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility criteria. The BVP MEDPET 2018 Medical PG Entrance test will be held for admission to MD/MS course of three years duration and diploma course of two years duration to Medical College and Hospital, Pune and Medical College & Hospital, Sangli. The official notification of entrance exam has not been released by the University yet but candidates are advised to be updated on the official website of the University in order to keep track of the entrance exam procedure.
- 1 Important Dates BVP MEDPET 2018
- 2 BVP MEDPET 2018 Application Procedure
- 3 BVP MEDPET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- 4 BVP MEDPET 2018 Examination Pattern
- 5 BVP MEDPET 2018 Examination Center
- 6 BVP MEDPET 2018 Admit Card
- 7 BVP MEDPET 2018 Merit List
- 8 BVP MEDPET 2018 Seat Intake
- 9 BVP MEDPET 2018 Admission Procedure
Important Dates BVP MEDPET 2018
The official notification will be released on the official website of Bhartiya Vidyapeeth University. The Application Form and official dates of BVP MEDPET 2018 will be announced with the official notification. Meanwhile, candidates can go through tentative important dates mentioned in the table below:
|Last Date of submitting the complete Application Form||3rd week of April 2018|
|Availability of Admit Cards||Immediately after the scrutinization of the application form|
|Issue of duplicate Admit Cards||3rd week of April 2018|
|Date and time of Common entrance test||3rd week of April 2018|
|Declaration of Result||4th week of April 2018|
|Counselling||4th week of April 2018|
BVP MEDPET 2018 Application Procedure
Candidates applying for BVP MEDPET 2018 exam are required to go through the procedure in entirety and are advised to be careful while filling up the application form. The form should be completed in all respects on or before the due date of the application submission. Candidates are advised to ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility criteria before applying online. Applicants should make sure that the information provided in the form must be correct and valid, the application will be liable for rejection in any other case. Any discrepancies in the statements and or submission of incomplete form will lead to its rejection/cancellation of admission.
Self attested photocopies of the following documents with the BVP MEDPET 2018 Application Form:
- Statement of marks of 1, 2 and 3 MBBS examination.
- If the candidate is employed, she/he should submit ‘No objection certificate’ from the employer.
- Statement of marks of 10+2 or equivalent examination & SSC certificate.
- Certificate from the Dean/Principal of the medical College of the candidate stating that the college is recognized by the Medical Council of India.
BVP MEDPET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- The candidate must be an Indian National.
- Candidates seeking admission under category of Foreign/NRI/PIO/OCI to the Post Graduate Programs are required to obtain registration from the Medical Council of India. Applicant who has obtained MBBS degree from recognized Medical College in India under NRI category will not be considered under regular category for Postgraduate course even if the candidate possess medical degree from a recognized Indian University.
- An Indian Candidate who has completed her/his MBBS degree from outside India must make sure that they possess a permanent registration certificate from Medical Council of India or from a State Medical council of India. The candidate must also have completed a one year internship from a recognised Medical College of India. Such candidate will not considered under Regular Category for Admission.
- The candidate must have passed MBBS examination from any Medical College recognized by Medical Council Of India.
- The candidate must have completed the compulsory rotating internship on or before 30th April 2018 from College or Hospital in India recognized by Medical Council of India.
- For admission to Post Graduate Medical course, candidate must have secured minimum 50% marks (40% for SC/ST Category) in the MEDPET entrance exam.
- The candidate should have a permanent registration with any State Medical Council of India or Medical Council of India. If the candidate doesn’t have the same, they will be required to obtain such registration within one month after registration to the Post Graduate Progam, failing which the admission will be automatically cancelled.
- If a candidate doesn’t fulfill the above-mentioned requirement or fails to pay the fees at the time for counselling, she/he will not be considered eligible for admission irrespective of their appearance in the MEDPET entrance exam and securing a rank in the merit list.
- The candidates possessing Diploma qualification in the same subject recognized by the Medical Council of India are eligible for exemption of 1st year of the 3 year residency (Post Graduation period) in the same subject.
- Before joining for the Post Graduate courses if Government of India or any other competent authority makes it mandatory to complete “One year Rural posting” or any other statutory changes in Rules and Regulations pertaining to the Post Graduate admission, it will be binding on the candidates. The University shall not be responsible for any changes in the admission process.
BVP MEDPET 2018 Examination Pattern
- The entrance examination will consist of one question paper of 200 marks, consisting of 200 questions.
- The duration of the exam will be of 3 Hours.
- The pattern of the examination will be of objective type. The candidate will be provided with a sealed Test Booklet and Answer Sheet. The candidates will only be allowed to write with blue or black ball point pen. Candidates will also be required to enter details like, Name, Roll Number on the test booklet and test answer sheet.
- Candidates will be provided with 200 questions in the test booklet followed by 4 possible answers. Of these four only one will be the correct or the most appropriate response.
- Each correct answer will get 1 mark each.
- There is No Negative Marking. No marks will be deducted for unattempted questions.
- The questions will be on the syllabi prescribed for the 1, 2 and 3 M.B.B.S. examinations, with more weightage given to clinical subjects.
Some Important points regarding the BVP MEDPET 2018 Entrance Examination:
- The entrance examination will be conducted at Bhartiya Vidyapeeth University Medical college, Pune- Satara Road and on the addresses given on the information brochure. The candidates are advised to report before 60 minutes of the commencement of the examination at the given exam center.
- Candidates are expected to take their seats 15 minutes before the commencement of the examination. Candidates are advised to present in the examination hall few minutes before so that they do not miss the instructions announced before the exam.
- The candidate must carry their admission card and show it to the invigilator when asked. Its absence will prohibit the candidate from taking an exam.
- Candidates will not be allowed to carry any textual material, printed or written or any other material except the admission card inside the examination hall. Any electronic devices will also be prohibited during the examination.
- Candidates are to coordinate with the invigilator, as she/he will check the admission card to satisfy herself/himself about the identity of the candidate.
BVP MEDPET 2018 Examination Center
- Navi Mumbai
- New Delhi
BVP MEDPET 2018 Admit Card
The BVP MEDPET 2018 Admit Card will be available online on the official website of the University. The Admission card will be made available prior to one week of the examination. Candidates will be required to login their BVP account to download their admit card. Candidates will also be notified about the admit cards on the Email ID provided at the time of registration.
BVP MEDPET 2018 Merit List
- The University will prepare a common Merit List for both the colleges.
- Separate Merit List of Regular merit and Management Merit Category of the candidates shall be displayed at Bhartiya Vidyapeeth Deemed University Medical College, Pune and at the offices of Bhartiya Vidyapeeth university, Pune, Mumbai, New Delhi and sangli and merit list will also be available on the official website on the date decided by the admission body.
BVP MEDPET 2018 Seat Intake
The courses and seat distribution is as follows:
Medical College and Hospital, Pune
|Subjects||Regular Merit Category (Vacant Seats)||Management Merit Category|
|M.D. (Community Medicine)||2||2|
|M.D. (Diploma in Clinical Pathology)||1||2|
Medical College and Hospital, Sangli
|Subjects||Regular Merit Category (Vacant Seats)||Management Merit Category (Vacant Seats)|
|M.D. (Community Medicine)||–||1|
- Out of the seats sanctioned by the Medical Council of India for the PG programs to these colleges, 50% of seats are reserved for Management Merit Seats. Candidates seeking admission under this category need to apply separately on the prescribed application form. They also have to appear for MEDPET 2018 along with other students.
- The completed form should be submitted to the Registrar, Bhartiya Vidyapeeth Deemed University, Pune. Candidates who have passed MBBS degree from outside India cannot apply for application online.
BVP MEDPET 2018 Admission Procedure
Bhartiya Vidyapeeth University, Pune will be taking admission to M.D./M.S. and Diploma courses on the basis of the Merit obtained by the candidate in MEDPET 2018. Candidate must secure minimum 50% ( 40% for SC/ST candidates) marks in BVP MEDPET 2018.
The following procedure will be adopted as a tie-breaker, in case of candidates securing equal marks-
- First preference will be given to students on the basis of higher marks obtained in the 3rd B.B.S examination.
- If the tie persists, preference will be decided on grand total of marks secured by the candidate at 1, 2 and 3 M.B.B.S. examination.
- If still equal, preference will be given on the basis of total marks obtained by the candidate at the 12th standard examination in Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects taken together.
- If equal, preference shall be decided on the basis of total marks obtained by the candidate at 10th standard examination.