Bhartiya Vidyapeeth University, Pune will be organizing BVP MBT 2018 entrance exam for admission into Master of Science (M.Sc.) for courses in the field of Biotechnology/Medical Biotechnology/Bioinformatics in Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Information Technology and Biotechnology, of Bhartiya Vidyapeeth Deemed University, Pune for academic session 2018-2019. Eligible candidates can apply for the Post Graduate Degree courses and take admission on the basis of merit obtained by them in the All India Entrance Test (MBT BVP 2018). Interested candidates will have to fill the application form as per scheduled date and will be issued admit card after receipt and scrutinization of the application form for entrance exam which will be held in the month of June 2018.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Important Dates of BVP MBT 2018
The official notification has been released on the official website of Bhartiya Vidyapeeth University. The Application Form and official dates of BVP MBT 2018 are announced with the official notification. Candidates can go through important dates mentioned in the table below:
|Last date of submitting the complete application form||14th June 2018|
|Issue of Admit Card||After receipt and scrutinization of application form|
|Date of Common Entrance Test||18th June 2018|
|Declaration of Result||23rd June 2018|
|Date of Counselling||29th June 2018|
BVP MBT 2018 Application Form
A candidate appearing for BVP MBT entrance exam needs to fill an application form completed in all respects on or before the due date of application submission. Applicants are required to complete the prescribed application form and avoid overwriting, cutting, eraser on the form. Candidates must make sure that information provided in the form is valid and correct, the application will be rejected in any other case.
BVP MBT 2018 Application Fee:
- The complete Application form should be submitted along with MBT 2018 fee of Rs. 1450/-
- Candidates can submit the application form online or in person (in which case the payment can be done via cash). Candidates can also submit the form via post in which case payment can be done via Demand Draft drawn on any nationalized bank payable at Pune, in favour of the Registrar, Bhartiya Vidyapeeth Deemed University, Pune to the University address.
Few points to look for while Filling the BVP MBT 2018 Application Form:
- The candidates should ensure that they have signed the Application Form in all the right places.
- Applicant must have chosen the correct course for entrance examination.
- The Application form is duly signed by her/his guardian.
- Recent passport size photograph duly attested by the Head of the school/College or a gazetted officer have been pasted in the spaced earmarked for that purpose.
BVP MBT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- For M.Sc. Biotechnology: The candidate must have passed B.Sc. From any recognized University or its equivalent examination in any of the subjects, Biotechnology/Microbiology/Biochemistry/Agriculture/Life Sciences/Chemistry/Zoology/Botany with minimum 50% marks in the respective subjects (45% for SC/ST candidates).
- For M.Sc. Medical Biotechnology: The candidate should have passed B.Sc. From any recognized University or its equivalent examination in any of the subjects, Biochemistry/Zoology/Microbiology/Botany/Chemistry/Pharmacy/Biotechnology/Medicine including homoeopathy and Ayurveda/Veterinary Science with minimum 50% marks (45% for SC/ST candidates) aggregate in graduation.
- For M.Sc. Bioinformatics: The candidate should have passed B.Sc. degree from any recognized University or its equivalent examination in any discipline of Science and Technology with minimum 50% (45% in case of SC/ST candidates) aggregate marks.
- Candidate should be an Indian National.
BVP MBT 2018 Exam Centers
- Navi Mumbai
BVP MBT 2018 Seat Intake
|M.Sc. Medical Biotechnology||20|
BVP MBT 2018 Examination Pattern
The entrance examination pattern is mentioned here. Candidates are advised to be updated on the official website of the University in case any changes are introduced in the entrance exam pattern:
- The entrance exam paper will consist of one paper with 100 objective type questions. The question paper will consist of 4 possible answers for each question out of which one right answer must be ticked by the candidate.
- The total number of questions will be 100.
- The pattern of the question paper will be objective.
- The duration of the entrance exam will be 1 hr 30 minutes.
- There will be no negative marking.
BVP MBT 2018 Admit Card
BVP MBT 2018 Admit Card will be issued only to those candidates who have successfully completed the Application form.
The details of BVP MBT Admit Card are mentioned in the points below:
- BVP MBT 2018 Hall Ticket will be dispatched to the candidates by post under certificates of posting.
- The BVP MBT 2018 Admit Card will indicate the Roll Number and Examination Center allotted to the candidate with its address.
- The candidates must keep the BVP MBT 2018 admission card carefully and avoid any kind of mutilation. The details in the BVP MBT 2018 admit card must not be altered by the candidate as it has been authenticated by the University authorities.
- In case, if the candidate does not receive the admission card, she/he should contact the office of concerned designated center or CET office, Bhartiya Vidyapeeth Deemed University, Pune. The duplicate admission card should be collected one day prior to test during working hours. In such a situation candidate should bring two copies of the same photographs (as submitted with the application form) along with them and also a proof of submission/mailing of the application form.
BVP MBT 2018 Result
- Result for BVP MBT will be made available at the main offices of Bhartiya Vidyapeeth University, Pune. It will also be available on the official websites i.e. www.bhartiyavidyapeethuniversity.net or www.bhartiyavidyapeeth.edu.in.
- The merit list will be prepared by the University as a common merit list category and also Foreign/NIO/PIO/OCI/Institutional quota merit category of the candidates who have appeared for MBT-2018 in accordance with the total marks obtained by them in the entrance exam.
- The merit list shall be displayed at the designated centers in Pune, Navi Mumbai and New Delhi. The merit list will also be displayed on the official website.
- Call for counselling will be given on the basis of rank secured by the candidate in the merit list.
- It will be candidate’s responsibility to be updated with the result and appear for counselling. Candidates will be allotted seat as per their merit and eligibility based on the availability for the seats.
BVP MBT 2018 Counselling Procedure
- The candidate will be admitted to the course of their choice as per their merit and conditions of fulfilling the eligibility criteria of the course of choice.
- Admission will only be confirmed after the submission of the fee in cash or demand draft drawn on any nationalized bank payable at Pune, in favour of “The registrar, Bhartiya Vidyapeeth University, Pune”. In case the candidate is not able to pay the fee in its entirety, she/he is likely to lose her/his claim for admission to the seat
- The candidate should remain present for the personal interview (counselling) and for on the spot admission, as per the schedule, if her/his name appears in the regular merit list for MBT-2018.
- Only the candidate and one of parent/guardian will be allowed in the hall. The name of the candidate will be called in the order of their ranking in the merit list.
Documents required at the time of counseling:
- Candidate’s letter of counselling.
- Proof of Date of Birth: Senior Secondary School certificate or School leaving certificate.
- Certificate of Domicile//Nationality certificate.
- Statement of marks of B.Sc. Examination (All three years).
- Migration certificate.
- Transfer certificate from the institution last studied in.
- Certificate of medical fitness.
- Character certificate from a responsible person.
- Gap certificate (if applicable)
- Six recent passport size photograph with candidate’s name written on the backside.
- Caste certificate (for SC/ST candidates)
- Caste validity certificate (for SC/ST candidates)
- Self attested copies of first and last page of Ration card/latest telephone bill for proof of permanent address.