BITSAT is an admission test conducted by BITS, Pilani for admission to various branches in engineering, science, management and humanities. BITSAT 2018 is scheduled to take place tentatively in the 3rd week of May 2018. Eligible candidates will be allotted seats on the basis of the branch that they have selected while filling up their application form and also on the basis of their performance in BITSAT Exam for the year 2018. Seats are allocated in three campuses – Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad on the basis of BITSAT 2018 cut off list.
Check Eligibility For BITSAT Exam
BITSAT 2018 Application Form are now available online! – Fill Now
|Lovely Professional University 2019 Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
Most of the engineering institutes in India prepare a cut off list on the basis of which most students are admitted. The cut off is the minimum marks that a student must score in order to take admission in an institute. The cutoff list for BITSAT Exam for the year 2018 will be released online and it will be decided after considering the following factors:
- BITSAT difficulty level.
- Cut off of BITSAT 2017.
- The Ratio of the number of candidates who appeared for BITTSAT 2018 against the number of seats.
- Highest score in the entrance exam.
- Average scores on the entrance exam.
|BITSAT 2018 exam||Third week of May and last week of May 2018.|
|Release of BITSAT scores||Third week of May 2018.|
|Direct admission of class 12 toppers||Third week of May to last week of June 2018.|
|List of selected candidate and waiting list||First week of July 2018.|
|Release of BITSAT 2018 iteration 1 release.||First week of July 2018.|
|Release of BITSAT 2018 iteration 2 release.||Second week of July 2018.|
Cut Off List for BITSAT Entrance Exam 2018
The Result of BITSAT 2018 is estimated to be declared by the first week of July 2018. BITSAT scores will be declared in form of Iteration I and Iteration II. BITSAT cut off will be decided after the declaration of BITSAT 2018 scores. Those candidates who scores the minimum or maximum cut off are only eligible for the next round in the admission procedure.
BITSAT 2018 Cut Off For Admission In Pilani Campus
The expected cut off marks of BITSAT Exam for admission in Pilani campus after studying the cut off trends of the previous years are provided in the table below
BITSAT 2018 Cut Off For Admission In Goa Campus
BITS, Goa is also a part of BITSAT 2018. BITS Goa campus offers 5 engineering branches. The branch wise cut off list of BITS, Goa is provided in the table below:
BITSAT 2018 Cut Off For Admission In Hyderabad Campus
BITS Hyderabad campus is mainly popular for its 3 engineering branches- civil, electronic and mechanical. The cut off of these three branches also goes a little higher than the other branches. The list of branches offered in BITS, Hyderabad along with their respective cut off is provided in the table below:
No-Reservation Policy of BITSAT Entrance Exam
BITS follows a no – reservation policy in all its 3 campuses. Since it is not a government or government-funded institute it has the option of not following the reservation policy. Seats are allotted purely on merit basis. Candidates who have scored the highest marks in their class 12 boards exam will be provided the option for direct admission. Although research grants are provided to few professors in BITS, however, this cannot be considered as “government aid” as professors are granted capital for their research irrespective of the institute that they are associated with. These grants are different from the plan and non-plan grants provided to IIT and IISc. Merit will be judged purely on the basis of the marks secured in BITSAT Exam.
Check BITSAT 2018 Score Using Answer Key
BITSAT 2018 Answer key will be released after few days from the date of the examination. Answer keys of the questions asked in BITSAT 2018 is released by various coaching centers across the country. With help of BITSAT 2018 Answer key students can calculate their marks even before the release of the official result.
The following steps must be taken to calculate BITSAT 2018 score using answer key
- Visit the official website of a coaching center/education institution that is releasing BITSAT 2018 answer key.
- Click on the button “download answer key”.
- After this, download BITSAT 2018 question paper. Once the exam is over, there will be various sites that will release BITSAT 2018 question paper after few days.
- Both the answer key as well as BITSAT 2018 question pattern will be downloaded in PDF format. Students will have to download PDF reader to open these files. If PDF reader is already installed then it can be directly opened by clicking on the file.
- With the help of the answer key students can evaluate their rank and predict the college that they might get.
Tie Breaker Policy Set for BITSAT 2018
In case two or more than two candidates have secured the same score, then the following tie-breaking policy will be used:
- Candidates who have secured more marks in maths will be preferred over others.
- If still a tie exists, the candidate with higher marks in Physics will be given more priority.
- Still, if a tie exists then the chemistry marks of the respective candidates will be taken into account.
- If none of the above criteria breaks the tie then class 12 marks will be preferred over others.