Andhra Pradesh MBBS Admission 2018: AP MBBS 1st Phase seat allotment 2018 under Management Quota and College-Wise List Released. Andhra Pradesh MBBS admissions for the academic session of 2018 -19 will begin in the month of June 2018. Students who want admission the institutes of Andhra Pradesh that offer both MBBS and BDS courses, can apply for the same admission procedure and participate in the counselling. To know the AP MBBS counselling procedure in detail, read the article given below.
AP MBBS Counselling Updates 2018
- MBBS-BDS 2018 -List of SAAP, NCC & CAP – Click on link given below.
- List of Candidates Selected in AP MBBS 2018-19 1st phase counselling under Management Quota – Click Here
- MBBS – BDS 2018 -College wise allotments in 1st Phase of Counselling – Click Here
- AP MBBS Counselling Schedule 2018 has released and the information related to the same has been provided in the table below.
|SCHEDULE FOR 1st Phase of WEB OPTIONS|
|Dates||NEET Rank (S. No)|
|27.06.2018 9:00 AM & 28.06.2018||16 (1)||31694 (2000)|
|28.06.2018 & 29.06.2018||31696 (2001)||67753 (4500)|
|29.06.2018 & 30.06.2018||67782 (4501)||125394 (7500)|
|30.06.2018 & 01.07.2018||125473 (7501)||239121 (10500)|
|01.07.2018 & 02.07.2018 11:00 AM||16 (1)||Last Rank|
AP MBBS Counselling 2018
Dr. NTR UHS, Vijayawada will conduct the counselling for eligible candidates who want to take admission in the MBBS and BDS courses. The counselling for the admissions will be held in the online mode and will begin with the application procedure. Only those candidates who have cleared the NEET 2018 and met the specified cut-off will be called for counselling. The counselling of AP MBBS admissions will be held in 2 rounds. If there are seats that are left vacant in the first round, the second round of counselling will take place to fill those seats.
Please note that Dr. NTR UHS will conduct counselling for government medical and dental colleges, private unaided minority and non-minority medical and dental colleges of Dr. NTR UHS (50% seats (Category-A) ) & also at Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences (SVIMS), Tirupati only (85% MBBS seat).
The counselling for 50% management quota (category B and C) MBBS programme in unaided non-minority and minority private medical and dental colleges and NRI Quota seats in SVIMS will be managed by APMEDCO.
Candidates have to report to the counselling centre along with the below mentioned documents. Two sets of attested copies have to be taken along. List of documents is given below:
- SSC or Equivalent Examination Mark Sheet and Passing Certificate.
- Intermediate or Equivalent Examination Mark Sheet
- NEET 2018 Admit Card
- NEET 2018 Rank Card
- Aadhaar Card
- Transfer Certificate (TC)
- Study Certificate(s) from 6th class to Intermediate
- Permanent Caste Certificate
- Minority Certificates
- Residence Certificate of the Candidate or Either Parents (If studied in the institutions outside of Andhra Pradesh)
- Latest Income Certificate (If claiming fee exemption)
- Local Status Certificate
After the documents have been verified, the final merit list will be released and candidates will be required to take part in the online counselling also known as the web counselling. During web counselling, candidates will be required to fill in the choice of their course and college. Candidates will also be required to pay a counselling fee of Rs. 5000. Those who have got admission in round 1 but want to change the seat, can take part in round 2 of the web counselling. The allotment of the seats will be done on the basis of the all India rank, the choices filled by the candidate and the availability of seats. If the candidate does not pay the college fee on time, the candidature of the candidate will be canceled.
Seat Allotment and Reporting
After the choices have been filled by the candidates, a list will be released which will contain the names of all those who have got a seat in the medical and dental courses. And after the counselling procedure is completed, candidates will be required to report to their respective colleges and confirm their admission by paying the tuition fees and completing other formalities.
There are a certain number of seats that are reserved for the candidates belong to a certain category. The admission to 85% state quota is for candidates belonging to the state of Andhra Pradesh. The details of the reservation criteria are listed below:
- 15% seats will be reserved for candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste (SC) category.
- 6% seats will be reserved for candidates belonging to the Scheduled Tribe (ST) category.
- In case the seats under SC category remain vacant, they will be filled up by ST Category candidates (and vice-versa).
- If there are no candidates eft from SC and ST to fill up the seats, the general category candidates will fill up the vacant seats.
- All the candidates applying under these categories should be from the state of AP.
For Backward Classes
- 29% of seats will be reserved for candidates belonging to the backward classes (BC).
- The distribution of seats will be like this: BC-A: 7%, BC-B: 10%, BC-C: 1%, BC-D: 7%, BC-E: 4%.
- If the candidates belonging to a particular group are not available to fill the seats, leftover seats will be filled up by another group.
- And in case candidates from BC category are not available, the seats will be treated as Open Competition seats & filled with candidates by merit.