Alagappa University Syllabus 2022: The Academic Council of Algappa University, Karaikudi, Tamil Nadu decides the Syllabus and Curriculum of various UG, PG, MPhil. and Ph.D. courses. Therefore, the students who are pursuing any degree course from the university must Download the Alagappa University Syllabus to know about the academic program. Candidates can download the detailed syllabus in the form of PDF from the links given in this article. However, they can also visit the official website i.e. algappauniversity.ac.in to download the syllabus. The syllabus of Algappa University will help the students to know about the course, in detail. Also, those students who are going to appear in the BA/B.Sc/BBA/B.COM/MA/MSC examination should check the Alagappa University Exam Syllabus. In this article, we are giving the PDF Links to download the Algappa University 2022 Syllabus PDF in an easy manner.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Alagappa University UG/PG (CBCS) Syllabus
Algappa University offers various UG, PG, PG Diploma, Diploma, Certificate, M.Phil. & Ph.D. Programs. Therefore, the students who are willing to pursue any degree program from this university must download the அழகப்பா பல்கலைக்கழகம் syllabus of BA, BSc., BCom., MA, MSc, MCom, MBA courses. The students can visit the official website to download the syllabus. However, they can also access the syllabus from the links given in this article. The students must check the Algappa University B.Com. Syllabus before the examination. The syllabus gives an overall idea of the program which the university offers for a particular duration of time. Therefore, all the interested students must read the article to know more about Algappa University UG PG Diploma Syllabus.
How To Download Algappa University Syllabus?
The official authorities release the Algappa University semester syllabus on the website of the university. Therefore, the students can check the syllabus by visiting the website of Algappa University. So, the step by step process to download the ALU Exam Syllabus is as follows-
- Visit the Official Website of the Alagappa University at alagappauniversity.ac.in.
- On the home page at the top, click on the “Academics”.
- Under that, you have the “Affiliated Colleges” option
- Click on that and there on the right side you have syllabi for 2014-15, 2015-16, 2016-17, 2017-18 links.
- Then choose your academic year and click on that and there you have all the course links.
- Choose your course link and click on that.
- Now click on the download button.
- The syllabus will be download in pdf format.
- Finally, take the printout of the syllabus for future use.
Algappa University Syllabus PDF Download
|UG Syllabus and Curriculum||Download|
|PG Diploma Syllabus and Curriculum||Download|
|MSc. Computer Science (CBCS)||Download|
|Master of Commerce (MCom.)||Download|
|Bachelors of Business Studies (BBA)||Download|
|BCom. (CA Allied)||Download|
|BSc. Mathematics (Allied Course)||Download|
|Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)||Download|
Algappa University List of Courses
Alagappa University offers various UG, PG, Diploma, PG Diploma, Certificate courses in various disciplines. The university is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) of India. The University has 44 Departments, 9 Centres and 2 Constituent Colleges on its campus. 46 Affiliated Colleges located in the districts of Sivaganga and Ramanathapuram are part of the University. In this section we are giving a list of UG, PG, Diploma courses in the table given below:
|BA||BSc.||BCom.||Other UG Courses|
|MA||MSc.||M.Com.||Other PG Courses|
|Diploma in||PG Diploma in||Certificate Course in|
Algappa University Courses Duration
Candidates can check the Alagappa University Courses and their duration in the table given below:
|PG Diploma||1 year|
|Certificate Course||3 months|
Algappa University MEd. Syllabus & Course Details
The Department of Education at Algappa University offers degree courses in the Discipline of Education. Therefore, the candidates who want to pursue their career in the academic arena can check the Syllabus and Course details of MEd. in the section given below:
- 1. M.Ed., (F.T.)
- M. Phil., (F.T. & S.S.P.)
- Ph. D., (F.T. & P.T.)
After completion of the course the students will be able to;
- Acquire knowledge on the foundations such as educational philosophy, sociology, and psychology as a teacher educator.
- Elicit the temper and knowledge of educational research
- Excel in using various methods for educational research
- Gain insight on status issues and the role of elementary and secondary education in India.
- Justify the need for programs of elementary and secondary education
- Sensitize the special needs of the differently-abled children
- Employ the appropriate statistical techniques in educational research
- Administer various technological gadgets in an instructional process.
- Comprehend the need interest attitude and nature of early childhood.
- Adopt principles, determinants elements and types of curriculum in preparing syllabus curriculum.
- Prepare a proposal for educational research
- Have knowledge of contemporary teacher education
- Obtain knowledge of the system of education in different countries
- Bridge the ICT with education in different aspects
- Apply the evaluation measurement and management techniques in their career.
- Realize the values for their personal professional and social life
- Get exposure on the tiers of institution
- Incorporate the economic, political and democratic policies in education
- Develop courseware according to the subjects.
Candidates seeking admission to the M. Ed program should have obtained at least 50% marks or an equivalent grade in the following programs:
- B. Ed Degree of one or two years duration (or)
- B. A., Ed./ B. Sc., Ed. (four years integrated course) Reservation and relaxation shall be as per the rules of the State Government
Based on the marks scored by the candidate in the entrance examination.
|Duration and Weightage of the Programme|
|Total number of credits||90 credits including a research dissertation|
|The minimum period to complete the program||2 years (four semesters and one summer) under Choice Based Credit System|
|The maximum period to complete the program||4 years|
Five Zero (1 Basic Unit)
Medium of Instruction
The medium of instruction is English)
The ratio of Internal Evaluation and External Evaluation is 1:3 (25:75) for Theory Papers and 2:3 (40:60) for dissertations. Viva-voce exam is totally external.
|1||Three tests – (two best out of three tests) aggregate||10 Marks|
|2||Group discussion / Seminar||5 Marks|
|4||Library / Regularity||5 Marks|
Question Paper Pattern
The pattern of the Question Paper will be as follows:
Each written paper shall be for a duration of three hours. The question paper will be set according to the following pattern: –
- Section – A: Very short Answer Question. Answer ALL questions 5 x 5 = 25 Marks
(Question No. 11-18)
- Section – B: Short answer questions Answer any FIVE out of eight questions. Each question carries 5 marks. 10 x 2 = 20 Marks
(Question No. 1-10)
- Section – C: Essay-type questions Answer all the FOUR questions either-or type. Each question carries 10 marks. 3 x 10 = 30 Marks
Core, Elective, and Practical Course Components
A student is required to undergo all the core components, viz., Three core papers in the First semester, papers in the second and Four Core Papers in the first three Semesters, and four core papers including dissertation in the fourth semester.
Each student is required to choose any one of the Elective Papers in all Four Semesters.
The student is required to undergo two practicals in the first semester, one in the second semester, and two practicals in the third semester.
Internship/ Field Attachment
Each student will have to undergo two internship training for a minimum of 6 weeks for both the teacher education institution (during the second semester) and software production center (during the third semester). He/ She is required to produce a CAI/e-content and also submit the report of the classroom communication strategy and Educational Institution on completion of their Internship Training.
The maximum number of marks awarded for a dissertation is 100; the guide will award marks for a maximum of 40 while the external examiner will award marks for a maximum of 60.
Viva – Voce
The marks for Viva-voce examination is for a maximum of 100, to be awarded by the viva – voce examination board.
Cumulative Grade Point Average
The cumulative Grade point Average gives an overall measure of the performance of a student in all semesters. This shall be calculated for each semester by dividing the sum of products of grade point and the credit (of all completed courses) by the sum of the credits (of these courses). In other words, the weighted average of the grade points of all completed courses in a program by taking the credits as weights is called Cumulative Grade Point Average. That is,
CGPA = (sum of the products of the grade point and the respective credit of all completed courses)/ (sum of the credits of these courses)
For each programme, the overall performance of the candidates shall be classified on the basis of the CGPA obtained as per the details given in the following table. The class of the students is specified on the grade and CGPA.
|CGPA lies between||Grade||Class|
|9.50000 and 10.0000||O+||FIRST CLASS WITH DISTINCTION|
|9.00000 and 9.49999||O|
|8.50000 and 8.99999||D++|
|8.00000 and 8.49999||D+|
|7.50000 and 7.99999||D|
|7.00000 and 7.49999||A++||FIRST|
|6.50000 and 6.99999||A+|
|6.00000 and 6.49999||A|
|5.50000 and 5.99999||B+||SECOND|
|5.00000 and 5.49999||B|
M.ED. DEGREE (TWO YEAR) PROGRAMME (Face to Face)
|Sl. No||Paper||Course Code||Title||Credits||Int.||Ext||Total Marks|
|741101||PHILOSOPHICAL AND SOCIOLOGICAL PERSPECTIVES OF EDUCATION||4||25||75||100|
|741102||ADVANCED EDUCATIONAL PSYCHOLOGY||4||25||75||100|
|741103||RESEARCH METHODS IN EDUCATION||4||25||75||100|
|2.||Elective ( Any One Area)||741501||ELEMENTARY EDUCATION||4||25||75||100|
|3.||Practical||741104||DEVELOPING RESEARCH PROPOSAL||2||50||–||50|
|741105||* YOGA AND HEALTH EDUCATION||2||50||–||50|
|Total Number of Credits||20||200||300||500|
*Course offered by the Dept. of Physical Education
|1.||Core Compulsory||741201||EDUCATIONAL STATISTICS||4||25||75||100|
|741202||* EDUCATION FOR DIFFERENTLY ABLED CHILDREN||4||25||75||100|
|741204||INTRODUCTION TO TEACHER EDUCATION||4||25||75||100|
|2.||Elective (Any One Area)||741503||EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION||4||25||75||100|
|741504||CURRICULUM AND INSTRUCTION|
|3.||Practical||741205||PREPARATION OF CLASSROOM COMMUNICATION STRATEGY||2||50||–||50|
|Total Number of Credits||22||175||375||550|
*Course offered by the Dept. of Special Education
|SECOND YEAR-THIRD SEMESTER|
|1.||Core Compulsory||741301||EMERGING TRENDS IN TEACHER EDUCATION||4||25||75||100|
|741303||EDUCATIONAL MEASUREMENT AND EVALUATION||4||25||75||100|
|741304||* ICT IN EDUCATION||4||25||75||100|
|2.||Elective (Any One Area)||741505||**EDUCATIONAL MANAGEMENT||4||25||75||100|
|Total Number of Credits||24||225||375||600|
* Course offered by the Dept. of Computer Science
** Course offered by the dept. to other Dept. Students.
|1.||Core Compulsory||741401||**VALUE EDUCATION||4||25||75||100|
|741402||ECONOMIC AND POLITICAL SYSTEMS IN EDUCATION||4||25||75||100|
|741403||PLANNING AND FINANCING OF EDUCATION||4||25||75||100|
|2.||Elective (Any One Area)||741507||POLICY IN EDUCATION||4||25||75||100|
|3.||741405||DISSERTATION VIVA-VOCE||8||40 –||60 100||200|
|Total Number of Credits||24||140||460||600|
SEMESTER – I
|Sl. No||Paper||Course code||Title||Credits||Int.||Ext||Total Marks|
|1.||Core – 1||731101||Instructional Techniques||6||25||75||100|
|Core – 2||731102||Advanced Educational Research methodology||6||25||75||100|
|2||Specialization||731103||Professional Competency Building Activities||3||50||50|
SEMESTER – II
|3.||Specialization 2(a) 2(b)||731201||Optional Subject* (Based on P.G degree other than education OR Area paper||6||25||75||100|
|731202||Preparation of Research Design and presentation in Colloquium||3||50||50|
|4.||731999||Dissertation (Facing & Conducting interviews)||12||75 25||75 25||200|
Extra Credit Course 2(a) + 2(b) 1 Credit each
Algappa Institute of Management Syllabus & Course Details
The university also offers various Management courses for the students who wish to pursue their career in the field of Business and Marketing. Here are the course details of the Management degree programs:
- M. B. A. (Finance, Marketing, Human Resources, Production & Operations, Systems, Insurance, and Entrepreneurship)
- M.Phil. (Full-Time) in Management
- Ph. D. (Full-Time & Part-Time) in Management
- To provide quality education for equipping and honing the managerial and entrepreneurial skills of the ladies and gentlemen with novel and inimitable methods of teaching.
- Fostering Training and Research in Management to develop behavioral, analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capacities to the professional managers.
- To assist organizations in providing consultancy services and undergoing projects to solve management problems of any kind.
- A Pass in any Degree 10+2+3 pattern
- Entrance Examination,
- Group Discussion and
- Final Interview
Algappa University Journalism & Mass Communication Syllabus Details
The Academic Council offers various Degree and Diploma courses in the field of Journalism and Mass Communication. Therefore, the interested candidates can check the Algappa University Syllabus Mass Communication details in the section given below:
- The Department offers the following Post Graduate, M.Phil and Ph. D Courses.
- Master of Journalism and Mass Communication (MJMC- Two Years)
- M.Phil in Media and Communication (One year)
- Ph. D in Lifelong Learning (Full Time and Part-Time)
- The Department offers credit courses on Fundamentals of Audio-Visual Production for the other departments- Alagappa Institute of Skill Development and Alagappa University College of Physical Education under Faculty of Education, Alagappa University.
- The faculty of Lifelong Education is also supervising a Ph.D. in Education (Full Time/Part Time) under the Faculty of Education.
- The Department will be proposed to conduct a PhD in Media and Communication/Journalism (Full Time/Part Time) from 2017 onwards.
MJMC- Master of Journalism and Mass Communication
NAME OF THE PROGRAMME : MJMC- Master of Journalism and Mass Communication
DURATION: II Year (Regular)
ELIGIBILITY: Any Degree
MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION: English
SCHEME OF EXAMINATIONS
|Sl.No.||Course Code No.||Name of the Course||No. of Credits||Contact Hours|
|1||515101||Introduction to Journalism & Mass Communication||5||5|
|2||515102||Evolution of Media||5||5|
|3||515103||Reporting & Editing||5||5|
|4||515104||Practical I – Editorial Practice||4||8|
|5||515105||Practical II – Computer Fundamentals||4||6|
|I Semester Total Credits||23|
|6||515201||Advertising and Public Relations||5||5|
|7||515202||Audio Production – Theory||5||5|
|8||515203||Video Production – Theory||5||5|
|9||515204||Practical III – Audio Production||4||7|
|10||515205||Practical IV – Video Production||4||8|
|II Semester Total Credits||23|
|12||515302||Media Laws and Ethics||5||5|
|13||515303||Communication Research Methods||5||5|
|14||515304||Practical V – Specialized Reporting||4||8|
|**||COM001||Employability Enhancement Practices (Extra Credit)||2|
|III Semester Total Credits||24|
|17||515402||New Media Communication||5||5|
|18||515403||Practical VI – New Media Communication||4||8|
|19||515999||Project Work / Dissertation||6|
|IV Semester Total Credits||20|
M.Phil (Media and Communication)
NAME OF THE PROGRAMME: M.Phil (Media and Communication)
DURATION: I Year (Regular)
Candidates shall be admitted to the M. Phil in Media and Communication with Post Graduate degree of M.A/ M.J.M.C / M.Sc.in Journalism, Mass Communication, Media Sciences, Media Studies, E-Media Communications, Visual communication, Electronic Media and Communication/ Other related Post Graduate degree
MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION: English
SCHEME OF EXAMINATIONS
|Course code||Name of the Programme||Inst|
Hours per Week
|516101||Research Inquiry and Methods||6||3||25||75||–||100||6|
|516102||Pedagogy of Media Communication||6||3||25||75||–||100||6|
|Course code||Name of the Programme||Inst|
Hours per Week
|516201||Area of Specialization:|
Print Media/Electronic Media
|516999||Dissertation & Viva Voce||3||–||75||75||50||200||12|
Algappa University Women Studies Syllabus
The University offers various courses under the discipline of Women Studies. Therefore, the interested applicants can check the syllabus, eligibility and course details in the section given below:
Courses offered by the Department
The Department of Women’s Studies was started in 1988, the first of its kind in the country in a general university. The department offers Post Graduate, M.Phil., and Ph.D., Programmes in Women’s Studies since its inception. A multi-pronged approach is called for all at levels in developing, strengthening, harnessing the female resource of the country. Women’s Studies despite being the most unconventional and a new entrant into academics, is simultaneously a discourse, a methodology and an agenda for action. Alagappa University has a Department of Women’s Studies and Centre for Women’s Studies with symbiotic relationships.
A broad-Based Board of studies has been constituted in addition to the regular Board of Studies in order to frame the syllabi to the global standard.
The Department offers credit courses on Introduction to Gender Studies, Life Skill Education under CBCS to the students of other departments of the University.
The Department offers the following Post-Graduate, M.Phil and Ph.D. in Women’s Studies.
- M.A Integrated Home Science
- M.A Gender Studies
- M.Phil in Women’s Studies
- Ph.D. in Women’s Studies
- Certificate Course in Beauty Therapy
- Certificate Course in Gender Studies
- PG Diploma in Gender Studies
Courses offered in the Affiliated Colleges
The Department of Women’s Studies offered the course on “Introduction to Gender Studies” as optional credit paper to all the Affiliated Colleges of Alagappa University
- Alagappa University Constituent college of Arts & Science-Paramakudi
- Ananda college – Devakottai
Importance of Algappa University Syllabus
- The syllabus is an important part of any examination. Therefore, the students must download the PDF of the syllabus and prepare according to the topics given in the syllabus.
- Also, the syllabus gives the idea to the candidates about the overview of the course they are opting.
- Students should take the help of online mock tests and sample papers so as to improve speed and accuracy while solving the question paper.
- Online mock tests have great importance also because they make the students aware of the exam pattern and type of questions.
- Further with the help of the syllabus, the students can prepare for the entrance exam and score good marks in the written test.
Other Important Links
- Alagappa University Application Form
- Alagappa University Results
- Alagappa University Admission
- Alagappa University Exam Time Table
- Alagappa University Hall Ticket
- Alagappa University Question Paper
- Osmania University Syllabus
- Kumaun University Syllabus
- Calcutta University Admit Card
- DBRAU Syllabus
- Bilaspur University Syllabus
- Palamuru University Syllabus
- Patna University Syllabus