UPSEE 2019 will be conducted by Abdul Kalam Technical University, UP in the 4th week of April for B. Tech courses. UPTU 2018 will be conducted by AKTU, Uttar Pradesh. UPSEE is a state level examination conducted for admission to undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the field of engineering and technology, pharmacy, management, etc. Previously, the exam was known as UPTU entrance exam. Interested candidates who wish to take up engineering offered at all the institutes winged under the AKTU, Uttar Pradesh will be required to take the UPSEE 2019. Around 2 lakh candidates will be taking this examination for the academic session of 2019-2020. The UPSEE 2019 will be conducted in 11 papers for various undergraduate and graduate courses in offline pen and paper-based mode and online computer-based mode. Those who are interested in taking the entrance exam will be required to fill the online application form and submit it before the last date of submission. This article provides all the information about UPSEE 2019.
- 1 UPSEE Exam Dates 2019
- 2 UPSEE 2019 Application Form
- 3 UPSEE 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- 4 UPSEE 2019 Exam Pattern
- 5 UPSEE Admit Card 2019
- 6 UPSEE Answer Key 2019
- 7 UPSEE Result 2019
- 8 UPSEE/UPTU Cut Off 2019
- 9 UPSEE Merit list
- 10 UPSEE Counselling 2019
- 11 FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
UPSEE Exam Dates 2019
All appearing candidates must know all the important dates related to the examination events and the Examination Schedule.
Issue of the Application form
3rd week of January 2019
Last date of the application form
3rd week of February 2019
Application form correction
3rd week of March 2019
Release of the Admit Card
1st week of April 2019
Date of UPSEE 2019 for B.Tech
4th week of April 2019
Publishing of the answer Key
1st week of May 2019
Announcement of Result
4th week of May 2019
Commencement of Counselling
4th week of June 2019
UPSEE 2019 Application Form
- Application Form will be available on the official website from the 3rd week of January 2019.
- The Application form of UPSEE 2019 will be available in the online mode only
- Candidates must check the UPTU eligibility criteria before filling up the application form.
- The Applicants must be ready with scanned images of their photograph and signature to apply for the examination.
- Candidates need to register on the UPSEE website to create an individual account.
- The applicant has to fill up the personal and academic details in the application form.
- The requisite UPSEE application fee also has to be paid during application form filling.
- The candidates will also be given a one time chance to edit their filled up UPSEE application form and make corrections wherever necessary.
- However, the changes will be allowed only to limited fields of the application form. All Applicants must make sure that they provide only the correct and valid information as mentioned in the documents of the candidates.
- Candidates must pay Rs. 1200 (For Male/Transgender of General & OBC category) & Rs. 600 (For Female /Physically Handicapped of all categories & SC/ST category) as an application fee.
- The application fee will differ according to the category of the candidate and can be paid in the online mode through net banking, credit card, debit card and e-wallets.
UPSEE 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must possess these criteria before applying for UPSEE 2019. Check out the UPSEE 2019 Eligibility criteria listed below:
Age Criteria – There is no age limit to appear for UPSEE 2019.
- Candidate must have studied intermediate or 10+2 from UP Board or 10+2 board with maths and Physics as compulsory subjects and one of the optional subjects: Chemistry/ Bio-Technology / Biology / Technical Vocational subject.
- Candidates belonging to the general category should have scored at least 45% marks in their qualifying examination. SC/ST candidates must have scored at least 40% marks.
- Candidates must have passed without grace marks in two compulsory subjects and one optional subject.
Domicile – If the candidate’s parents are from UP but the candidate’s have completed class 12th from outside the state.
UPSEE 2019 Exam Pattern
To prepare efficiently for the examination, candidates must make sure that they know the UPSEE 2019 exam pattern first. Check out the UPSEE 2019 Exam Pattern for the various papers here.
- There will be a total of 11 papers
- Paper 1,2,3,4 will be conducted in offline in OMR sheets.
- Paper 5,6,7,8,9,10,11 will be computer-based test (online).
- Paper 1, 2 and 3 will be conducted for B. Tech/ B.Tech (agriculture engineering), B.Tech (Bio-Technology), and B. Tech (agriculture engineering only) respectively.
- The Language of the question paper will be English and Hindi.
- Questions will be of objective type Multiple type questions.
- The exam will be held for a duration of 3 hours.
- UPSEE 2019 question paper will contain total 150 questions and will be marked out of 600.
- 4 marks will be allotted for each correct answer. There is no provision for negative marking.
To know the exam pattern of all the 11 papers, have a look at the table below.
|Paper||Subjects||Total marks||Type and no. Of questions|
|Paper 1||Physics, chemistry, mathematics||600||50 objective type question from each subject. Total 150questions.|
|Paper 2||Physics, chemistry, biology||600||50 objective type questions from each subject. Total 150questions.|
|Paper 3||AG-1, AG-2, AG-3||600||50 objective type questions from each AG. Total of 150questions.|
|Paper 4||Aptitude test for architecture and design |
Part A: Mathematics and aesthetic sensitivity
Part B: Drawing Aptitude
|500||50 objective type questions each of Mathematics and Aesthetic Sensitivity with a total of 100questions and 2questions to test drawing aptitude.|
|Paper 5||Aptitude test for general awareness (BHMCT, BFA, BFAD)||300||75objective type questions|
|Paper 6||Aptitude test for diploma holders in engineering||300||75 objective type questions|
|Paper 7||Aptitude test for diploma holders in Pharmacy||300||75 objective type questions|
|Paper 8||Aptitude test for B. Sc graduates in engineering||400||75 objective type questions|
|Paper 9||Aptitude test for MBA||400||100 objective type questions|
|Paper 10||Aptitude test for MCA||400||100 objective type questions|
|Paper 11||Aptitude test for 2ndyear MCA||400||100 objective type questions|
Candidates must know the correct syllabus of UPSEE 2019 in order to prepare well for the exam. The syllabus of the exam will cover topics studied in class 11th and 12th.
UPSEE Admit Card 2019
- The UPTU admit card will be available only in the online mode on the official website.
- Successfully registered candidates will be able to download the Admit Card of the examination from the 1st week of April onwards.
- All details on the UPSEE hall ticket should be checked and in case of any discrepancy, the candidate must contact the University immediately to rectify the mistakes.
- Candidates must preserve the admit card till the admission procedure is over and must not be tampered in any way on the day of the examination.
- The allotted exam center based on the choice of the candidate and its address will be mentioned on the admit card.
UPSEE Answer Key 2019
- A few Days after the exam has been conducted, AKTU will release the UPSEE Answer key of all questions asked in the examination.
- The answer key will be published in the online mode tentatively in the 1st week of May 2019.
- Candidates must note that the answer key will be released in different sets for the various papers and candidates will be able to download the same from the AKTU website.
- With the help of the answer key, candidates will be able to have an idea of the probable score that they will obtain in the examination result.
UPSEE Result 2019
- All the candidates who have taken the Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination will be able to view and download their UP State Entrance examination 2019 results in the month of May.
- The results of the candidate will be available in the online mode on the official website. The result will carry the scores of the candidate and the overall score.
UPSEE/UPTU Cut Off 2019
- The cut-off refers to the Minimum qualifying marks that the candidate needs to score in order to get admission in the desired course.
- The UPSEE cut-off of 2019 will be released in the form of an opening and closing rank and candidates need to secure a rank within these two will be able to know the possibility of their admission in the participating institutes of UPSEE.
UPSEE Merit list
A UPSEE merit list will be prepared based on the performance of the candidate in the examination. In case of any discrepancy, the candidate will have the chance to get their answer sheet scrutinized by paying Rs.5000/- per paper within 7 days of the result declaration. Such Candidates will have to submit the application for scrutiny to the Registrar, Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow (U.P.) 226021 in writing. Candidates must enter their roll number and application number to view the results online.
UPSEE Counselling 2019
- Candidates will be required to register online for counselling and seat allotment procedure.
- The counselling procedure will commence from June 2019 onwards in three rounds for only the qualified candidates of UPSEE 2019. The third round will be a mop-up round.
- The counselling procedure of UPSEE 2019 will involve registration, uploading of documents, payment of registration fees, online document verification, choice filling and locking, seat allotment and finally reporting to the allotted college to confirm the candidate’s admission.
The participating institutes of UPSEE 2019 will be those institutes that accept the UPSEE 2019 score to give admission to the candidates in the Bachelors of technology course. The expected participating institutes are listed here:
- Harcourt Butler Technical University
- Krishna Institute of Technology and Engineering, Ghaziabad
- Kamla Nehru Institute of Technology, Sultanpur
- JSS Academy of Technical Education, Noida
- Institute of Engineering and Technology, Lucknow
- Ajay Kumar Garg Engineering College, Ghaziabad
- University Institute of Engineering and Technology, CSJMU, Kanpur
- Shri Ram Murti Smarak College of Engineering and Technology, Bareilly
- Sharda University, Greater Noida
- Jaypee Institute of Information and Technology, Noida
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Question: When will UPTU registration 2019 begin?
Answer: Third week of January 2019.
Question: I have to appear in some other examination on the same date of UPTU 2019 examination. Is there any possibility of change in examination date of UPSEE 2019?
Answer: No, the exam date is decided/announced by the University well in advance. Change in the date of examination is not possible at this stage.
Question: Is there any other mode to fill UPSEE 2019 application form other than online application?
Answer: There will be no other way of applying to UPSEE 2019 other than online.
Question: I have submitted my application form. I want to make some changes in the form after final submission. Can I correct it?
Answer: Yes. The correction window will be opened from the third week of March 2019.
Question: Do I have to send the Confirmation Page to the University?
Question: None of my parents (neither Father nor Mother) have a domicile of UP state. I complete my 12th outside UP. Am I eligible to appear in the examination?
Answer: Yes. But, you are eligible only for 10% of the total sanctioned seats available in Technology/Architecture courses in private institutions affiliated to AKTU.
Question: Do I need to complete the entire process of Application filling and submission in one go?
Answer: It is not necessary. After completion of one step, you can Log Out and next step of the application process can be completed at a different time by using your login credentials.
Question: Is there negative marking for the wrong answer?