ERA (Educational Rating and Assessment) Foundation is a non-profit organization that will conduct the Uni-GAUGE (undergraduate Engineering Entrance Examination) 2018 and COMEDK UGET 2018. ERA Foundation will conduct the Uni-GAUGE – E and COMEDK 2018 as a combined entrance examination. Candidates who want admission to undergraduate engineering courses in the Participating Member Universities or Institutions of ERA Foundation will have to take the entrance test that will be conducted on 13th May 2018 along with COMEDK. The Uni-GAUGE score will give the candidates admission to BE and B. Tech courses at the respective Universities or Institutions of Uni-GAUGE 2018.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Earlier, COMEDK UGET and Uni-GAUGE were conducted as two separate examinations. COMEDK 2018 was conducted in offline mode in the state of Karnataka while Uni-GAUGE was conducted in the online mode. But now, there is only one common entrance examination that will be held on 13th May 2018. This has been done to reduce the burden on students who want to take both the exams and have to prepare for both the exams separately. The application form and the admit card which is also known as the Test Admission Ticket (TAT) of both the examinations will be same.
Updates Regarding Uni-GAUGE 2918
Uni-GAUGE 2018 application form has been made available online from 16th January 2018. All candidates who are planning to take the exam can fill the exam application forms available on the official website i.e. https://www.unigauge.com/engineering-entrance-exam/. The last date to pay the online application fees and submit the form is 19th April 2018.
Important Dates of Uni-GAUGE 2018
To appear in the Uni-GAUGE – E 2018, candidates must know all the important dates related to the exam events. The calendar of events for the entrance examination has been released on the official website. All the announced and tentative dates are given below:
|Online application released||16th January 2018|
|Mock test available||5th February 2018|
|Last date to fill the application and pay application fees||19th April 2018|
|Start date to download TAT||4th May 2018|
|Last Date to download TAT||12th May 2018|
|Uni- GAUGE 2018||13th May 2018|
|Display of provisional answer key||17th May 2018|
|Last date to receive the challenges against provisional answer keys||21st May 2018|
|Publishing of Final answer keys||25th May 2018|
|Test score cards available||28th May 2018|
Uni-GAUGE 2018 Participating Institutes
The list of institutions and participating institutes of Uni-GAUGE 2018 is given below. These member institutions offer seats to candidates on the basis of the scores obtained in Uni-GAUGE 2018 examination. Candidates, who qualify the exam can seek admission to these colleges/universities. The list of participating institutes will be updated in case there are any additional institutes participating in the entrance examination.
Universities Accepting UNI-GAUGE Scores For B.Tech:
- Karpagam Academy of Higher Education
- Sri Chandrasekharendra Saraswathi Viswa Mahavidyalaya
- Saveetha University
- Periyar Maniammai Institute of Science and Technology
- Ajeenkya DY Patil University
- MIT ADT University
- Manav Rachna International Institute of Research and Studies
- Kaziranga University
- Dayananda Sagar University
- S Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences
- REVA University
- KL Deemed to be University
- Mewar University
- Vivekananda Global University
- Jain University
- CMR University
- Presidency University
Uni- GAUGE 2018 Mock Test
The mock test for the engineering entrance examination will be made available on 5th February 2018. The mock test will allow the candidate to have an opportunity of experiencing computer-based test environment. Taking the mock test will give the candidate a prior knowledge about the how the online tests work. The mock test will be available online and candidates who have not taken any online exam before must take this test to have an idea of how the exam works. Candidates can benefit from the mock test by knowing the exam pattern of the exam and manage time in real-time Uni-GAUGE 2018 Examination.
Eligibility Criteria of Uni-GAUGE 2018
The exam conducting authority sets the certain rules based on certain parameters like age, educational qualification, nationality, etc. that the candidates need to meet in order to appear for the exam. Apart from this, the participating institutes set their own eligibility criteria. Candidates are suggested to go to the official website of each participating institute they want to seek admission in and check the eligibility criteria.
The Uni-GAUGE 2018 eligibility criteria are given below:
- Candidates who have passed 10+2 or second PUC or any equivalent examination from a recognized board and those who have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as compulsory subjects or any other technical vocational subject as optional course and English as a compulsory subject.
- General category candidates should have obtained an aggregate of at least 45% marks in 10+2 examination. Candidates belonging to the SC/ST/OBC category should have obtained at least 40% marks and should have passed in all the subjects individually.
- Candidates who are appearing for their 10+2 examination in 2018 are also eligible to apply for the exam.
- The applicant should have completed 17 years of age as on or before 31st December 2018. This means that the candidates should have been born on or before 31st December 2001.
- Diploma students can also apply for Uni-GAUGE- E 2018.
Uni-GAUGE 2018 Application Form
The candidates who are planning to take the entrance exam for engineering 13th May 2018 need to first register themselves on the website of Uni-Gauge. Application forms for the exam have been released on 16th January 2018 and the last date to submit the application form and pay the application fee is 19th April 2018.
- To register, all candidates must have a working mobile phone number and a valid email-ID. After successful registration, candidates have to fill the online application form and fill all the details like personal and academic details.
- Candidates can use the “preview” button to check all the details entered by them. Once the information is submitted, candidates will not be allowed to change any information.
- The next step in the Uni-GAUGE 2018 Application form is to upload the scanned images of the required documents. Every applicant has to upload the scanned image of the photograph, signature, signature of the guardian, and a document proof to the correct specifications.
- Candidates will also be required to select at least 3 test cities according to the preference.
- The last step in the application process will be to make application fee payment. Payment of fees can be done online only through credit/debit card or net banking.
- The application fee for Uni-GAUGE 2018 is Rs. 1600 + GST + convenience charge as applicable. The application fee is non-refundable. After the fee has been paid, the application form will be complete.
Exam Pattern of Uni-GAUGE 2018
Before taking any examination, the candidate must know the exam pattern. The exam pattern usually includes details about exam like marking scheme, the mode of the exam, subjects, total number of questions, etc.
The exam pattern of Uni-GAUGE 2018 is listed below:
- Uni-GAUGE 2018 will be conducted in online computer-based mode on 13th May 2018.
- The exam will be held for a duration of 3 hours from 10 AM to 1 PM.
- There will be a total of 180 questions, 60 in each Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- The medium of the question paper will be English only.
- 1 mark will be awarded for each correct answer and there is no provision for negative marking.
- The total marks of the question paper are 180 marks.
Uni-GAUGE 2018 Exam Syllabus
To start preparing for the examination, candidates need to have a look at the syllabus of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. By knowing the syllabus students will be able to gather the right study material and begin with their preparations. Syllabus of Uni-GAUGE 2018 consists of topics studied in 10+2/ second PUC. The physics, chemistry and Mathematics syllabus is given below:
Physics Syllabus – Click To View
Chemistry Syllabus – Click To View
Mathematics Syllabus – Click To View
Test Admission Ticket (TAT)/ Admit Card for Uni-GAUGE 2018
The admit card/hall ticket/Test admission ticket for Uni-GAUGE-E 2018 will be issued online from 4th May 2018. TAT will be available for the individual candidate to download only till 12th May 2018. Only those candidates who have registered and filled the online application form will be able to view and download the admit card. Once the TAT is released online, candidates are advised to take a print out of the same preserve it for examination and other admission formalities. No admit card will be mailed to the candidate or will be sent by post to any candidate. If the candidate does not carry the admit card to the examination hall, he/she will not be allowed to take the examination. Before downloading individual Test Admission Ticket, every candidate must make sure that the hall ticket contains TAT number, Candidate’s name, Candidate’s photo, address and contact details, Test center details, Test timings, identity proof details, space to stick candidate’s photograph and general instructions. In case there are any discrepancies on the admit card, the candidate must contact the concerned authorities immediately. The admit card must not be laminated or mutilated in any way and need to be produced during counselling.
Uni-GAUGE 2018 Answer Key
The provisional answer key will be displayed on 17th May 2018. The answer key will have correct answer keys to all the questions asked in the question paper of Uni-GAUGE 2018. Candidates can have a look at the answer key and cross check their answers. The answer key also helps the candidate to calculate his/her marks and have an idea of the probable score that he/she will be getting in their exam. In case a candidate is not satisfied with any of the answer key, he/she will have the opportunity to challenge that particular answer key with valid proof. An amount of Rs.500 (additional GST will apply) has to be paid by the candidate for every clarification. After 21st May 2018, the exam conducting authority will not accept any challenges against the provisional answer key. If the challenge is valid and accepted by the exam conducting authority, the amount paid by the candidate will be refunded after the Uni-GAUGE –E 2018 process has ended. after the challenges have been reviewed, the final answer key will be released. The final answer key will be published on 25th May 2018. Candidates cannot challenge this answer key. Candidates have to use their login ID and password to view and download the answer key.
Results of Uni-GAUGE 2018
ERA Foundation will conduct the Uni-GAUGE 2018 ON 13th May 2018. The Uni-GAUGE Results of the engineering entrance examination will be published on 28th May 2018. In order to apply to the member institutes, candidates must take a print out of the scorecard. Candidates have to log in with their registered ID and password to view and download the result. Test Scorecards will be available online only and will not be sent to the candidate personally via post or mail. The scorecard will contain raw scores and percentile for every section. Candidates have to separately apply to the institution in which they want the admission. Candidates are advised to keep visiting the official website of each member/participating institute to know the admission criteria, the qualifying marks, and other admission processes.
In case two or more candidates obtain the same score in Uni-GAUGE 2018, the tie breaking policy that is issued by the participating institute will be used.
Applying to the Uni-GAUGE 2018 Participating Institutes
- Candidates must first download the scorecard of Uni-GAUGE 2018 from the result link (the link will be provided here as soon as it is available)
- The candidate must check the eligibility criteria for the course of the particular institution he/she is interested in.
- Candidates must then apply separately to the institute with the Uni-GAUGE 2018 scorecard and other required documents.
- The participating/member University will then verify the scorecard with ERA Foundation
- A merit list will be prepared and the admission process will begin.
- Seats will be allocated to candidates based on each member institution’s admission policy.