The Consortium of Medical Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka conducts a state-level examination called the Undergraduate entrance test (UGET). The task of conducting an effective, fair and objective testing procedure has been assigned to COMEDK. The entrance examination will be held in online mode for various UG engineering courses offered in the colleges/institutes in the state of Karnataka. COMEDK UGET is an alternative for all the entrance tests that are conducted for engineering admissions.
Check Eligibility For COMEDK Exam
There are about 2 lakh students who take up this exam every year, competing for admission to 181 colleges that participate in the COMEDK UGET.
COMEDK UGET 2018 Updates
COMEDK 2nd Round Counselling schedule has been released. The 2nd round will begin on 31st July 2018. Check the full schedule released HERE.
The First Round of Counselling for ranks 1- 3000 has started from today. Click here to know all the details.
COMEDK Counselling brochure and list of documents for verification released. Click here to check.
According to new notifications, COMEDK 2018 counselling dates will be announced after getting confirmation from regulatory authorities.
COMEDK 2018 Result declared – Click here to check!
COMEDK conducted the undergraduate entrance test for engineering courses for the academic session of 2018-19 on Sunday the 13th May 2018. The exam was held in the online mode (computer-based test) all across the country to gave the students a facility to easily take the exam near their homes. Other relevant dates have been given below.
Important Dates For COMEDK 2018
Candidates who have made up their minds to take the exam this year must make sure to go through the tentative schedule of COMEDK UGET 2018 given below:
|Release of Application Form||16th January 2018|
|Mock Test||5th February 2018|
|Last Date to fill Application form||20th April 2018 extended|
|Release of Admit Card||4th May 2018|
|Last date to download admit card||12th May 2018|
|COMEDK UGET 2018 Exam||13th May 2018 (Sunday)|
|Release of Provisional Answer Key||17th May 2018|
|Last date for receiving challenges against the provisional answer key||21st May 2018|
|Release of Final Answer key||25th May 2018|
|Announcement of Results||28th May 2018|
|Beginning of COMEDK Counselling||16th July 2018|
To know more about COMEDK UGET 2018 Important Dates:- click here
COMEDK UGET 2018 Results
The COMEDK UGET 2018 Results have been declared on 28th May 2018. The results were displayed in the form of a scorecard. This scorecard is available for download only for those candidates who had successfully registered for the examination. The scorecard has been released online only.
COMEDK Counselling 2018
COMEDK which was in charge of conducting the UGET 2018 examination for engineering courses will also conduct the online centralized single window counselling for merit-based admission. The COMEDK UGET 2018 Counselling Procedure will involve registration, choice-filling, allotment of seats, fee payment and document verification. All the eligible candidates will have to first register themselves for counselling after which the candidates will have to fill in their preferred courses and institutes for admissions. Mock allotment will be held by the admission committee to let the candidates know which seats will probably be allotted to them as per their current selected options. Changing and modification of options will be allowed after the mock allotment. The final seat allotment will be done based on the merit and preference of the candidates. Selected candidates will have to pay the fees online after which the verification entry card will be generated. The verification entry card has to be produced during the document verification process which will be held at the counselling venue. Admissions will be confirmed after the verification of documents.
Answer Key Of COMEDK UGET 2018
The COMEDK UGET 2018 final Answer key had been published by the exam conducting authority on 25th May 2018. A COMEDK 2018 provisional answer key and the final Answer Key were released. The answer key consisted of correct answer options for the questions asked in the examination. The provisional answer key was published on 17th May 2018. the challenges to the provisional answer key were accepted till 21st May 2018 and after this, the final answer key had been released on 25th May 2018. Using the answer key, candidates will have an idea of their probable score of the UGET 2018. Students will also be able to challenge the answer key, which may/may not be accepted by the exam conducting authority depending on the validity of the proof submitted by the candidate.
COMEDK UGET 2018 Admit Card
COMEDK UGET 2018 Admit card was available for download on 4th May 2018 in online mode. The last date to download the admit card was 12th May 2018. The hall ticket/admit card is one of the important documents that the candidates need to carry to the examination hall. The absence of it can debar the candidate from taking the exam. Candidates will have to log in to their account and enter details like registration number and date of birth to be able to view and Download The Admit Card. It must be noted that the admit card was not sent to the candidate personally via post or email under any circumstances.
To download the COMEDK UGET 2018 Admit Card– Click Here
The COMEDK UGET 2018 Admit Card contained details like candidate’s name, candidate’s address and contact details, candidate’s photo, exam center details, exam timings, ID proof details and general instructions. The admit card holds an important value as it will also be required during the counselling process.
Eligibility Criteria For COMEDK UGET2018
It is necessary for the candidates appearing in the exam to check the Eligibility Criteria beforehand and then fill the application form of COMEDK. Any candidate who fails to meet the required criteria will not be eligible for admissions. It must be noted that the Eligibility Criteria for B.E/B. Tech and B. Arch courses will be different.
- Candidates should have passed the qualifying examination or equivalent recognized by state/central government.
- Candidates should have Physics, chemistry, and mathematics with English as a compulsory subject.
- The candidates belonging to the General category should have obtained at least 45% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics individually. Candidates belonging to the reserved category of SC/ST/OBC of Karnataka state have been given a relaxation of 5%. The minimum marks they should have obtained is 40% in each of the subjects mentioned above.
- Physics and Mathematics are compulsory subjects along with chemistry/ biology/ boo technology/ or any technical vocational course as optional subject
- Diploma candidates are not eligible to apply.
- Candidates should have passed the qualifying examination or a 10+3 Diploma or equivalent examination recognized by state/central government.
- Candidates should have passed 10+2 with mathematics as one of the compulsory subjects.
- The candidates belonging to the General category should have obtained at least 50% marks. For candidates belonging to the reserved category of SC/ST/OBC of Karnataka state have been given a relaxation of 5%. the minimum marks they should have obtained is 45%.
- It is a must for the candidates to have appeared for National Aptitude Test in Architecture with a minimum score of 80 out of the total 200 for both unreserved and reserved category.
- Please note that there is no entrance examination for candidates taking up the B. Arch course. Candidates will have to submit a separate application for Arch counselling.
COMEDK UGET 2018 Application Form
All the eligible candidates had to fill the online application form to appear in the exam. The COMEDK UGET 2018 Application Form had been made available online from 16th January 2018. The last date to fill the form was 19th April 2018. Applicants had to follow few steps to fill the application form and then wait for the respective Admit Cards to be made available for download. Candidates had to make sure that all the information they provide on the form matched with the documents they produced and uploaded, as after close scrutiny during the counselling session if there is any mismatch in the information, the candidature of the applicant would be canceled.
Candidates also had to pay the application fees of Rs 1200/- for PCM. This fee could be paid online only via Net banking, credit card and debit card and was non-refundable under any circumstance.
Exam Pattern And Syllabus Of COMEDK 2018
COMEDK UGET will consist of the objective type of questions. It is compulsory for all candidates to appear for the Physics as well as Chemistry entrance exam paper. The third paper which candidates will give will depend on the course selected by them in their application forms. therefore, B.E aspirants will take the Mathematics paper.
- The exam will be conducted in the online mode only.
- The questions will be multiple choice questions.
- The exam will be held for 3 hours and the entire question paper will be in English only.
- 1 mark will be awarded for each correct answer. There is no provision for negative marking.
The exam pattern for engineering courses is given below:
|Subjects||No. of questions||Duration||Marks|
The entrance test will be based on the existing syllabus of 10+2 and candidates have to be thorough with all the topics to make it to the top colleges.
- Alternating Current
- Current & Electricity
- Units of Measurement
- Motion in one, two & three dimensions
- Kinetic Energy
- Heat & Thermodynamics
- Electromagnetic Induction
- Transition of Metals
- Chemical Kinetics
- Nuclear Chemistry
- Chemistry of Carbon Compounds
- Chemistry in Action
- Electro chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Three Dimensional Geometry
- Matrices & Determinates
- Logarithmic Series
- Corelation & Regression
- Differential Equation
- Co-ordinate Geometry
- Make a proper timetable on a daily basis.
- Understand the exam pattern and complete syllabus for the examination on time.
- Practice Previous years question paper & sample papers and select best reference books for exam preparation.
- Make proper notes of concepts and topics which require regular revision.
- Eat well and take breaks for short period of time in between the study hours.
To know more about the Exam Pattern And Syllabus:- click here
Exam Centres Of COMEDK UGET 2018
During Registration, every applicant had to specify the preferred exam center that he/she wants to give the exam in, from the list of exam centers provided. Till 2015, COMEDK UGET was held only in the state of Karnataka but from 2016 onwards, the entrance examination began to be conducted in exam centers across various cities in India. Candidates applying for the exam will have to fill in the Exam Centres of their choice, the list of the same is given below.
|1||Andaman & Nicobar||Port Blair|
|Bhilai & Durg|
|13||Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu|
|Bokaro Steel City|
To know more about COMEDK 2018 Preparation Tips- click here
Cut-off and Seat Reservation Of COMEDK UGET 2018
The cut-off for COMEDK UGET 2018 will be released a few weeks after the declaration of results. The cut-off is the minimum marks that a candidate must obtain in order to be eligible for admission. In some cases, the cut-off also refers to the opening and the closing rank. In case of UGET 2018 too, COMEDK will release the opening and the closing rank as the cut-off. Candidates who obtain marks that fall in between the cut-off will be eligible for seat allotment procedure. However, it must be noted that COMEDK 2018 cut-off will be different for each course and institute.