ULSAT 2019: University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES) conducts entrance examination for ULSAT (UPES Law Studies Aptitude Test) for admission to five-year integrated law programmes including BA LLB, BBA LLB and B.Com LLB. The College of Legal Studies is a constituent college of UPES offering highly integrated Undergraduate Programmes aimed at creating legal and techno-legal professionals specializing in Corporate and Energy Laws, besides IPR and Cyber Laws.
ULSAT is a University level entrance exam and the Application Form for the entrance test are available on the official website of the University. Candidates desirous of pursuing their career in law are required to fill up the Application Form providing all the relevant details. The Form have the sections pertaining to the details regarding Personal Information and Academic details. Candidates should fill up these sections with utmost care and should avoid error as the future reference for the Admission procedure has to be taken from the details provided in the form. It is also advised to the candidates to go through the instructions and eligibility conditions in detail before proceeding for the Application Form.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
The entrance test is conducted in offline mode as well as in Online mode. There will also be an option of admission through non-entrance examination mode based on 12th board merit list, CLAT Merit or LSAT Merit list. For the detailed information regarding the Application procedure, Eligibility conditions, examination pattern and syllabus etc go through the article mentioned below.
The last date for ULSAT Application Form submission is 25th April 2019. The exam of ULSAT 2019 will be 29th April- 5th May 2019.
Click Here for ULSAT Application Form 2019 link.
ULSAT 2019 Important Dates:
The University releases the official schedule of the entrance examination to be conducted for the Undergraduate 5-year integrated course. Candidates planning to appear for the exam should be aware of notified dates. It is advised to be updated on the official website of the University for any latest updates. ULSAT 2019 (Tentative) Important dates and schedule of the entrance examination is mentioned in the tabular format below:
|The release of Notification||18th September 2018|
|Availability of Application Forms||18th September 2018|
|Last date for the receipt of the Application Form||25th April 2019|
|Availability of Admit Card||April 2019|
|ULSAT 2018 Pen and Paper based test||May 2019|
|ULSAT 2018 CBT||29th April 2019- 5th May 2019|
|Declaration of Result||June 2018|
|Commencement of GD/PI session||June 2019|
|Commencement of Counselling Procedure||June 2019|
List of the courses offered through ULSAT:
Qualifying ULSAT will make the candidates eligible for admission to 5-year law integrated programmes offered by the University. Candidates are required to go through the eligibility details for the course that they are applying for. The variety of courses which are offered by the University are as follows:
- B.A. LLB (Hons.) with specialization in Energy Laws
- BBA LLB (Hons) with specialization in Corporate Laws
- B.Com. LLB (Hons) with specialization in Taxation Law/Media & entertainment law
- B.A. LL.B (Hons) with specialization in Criminal law/ labour law/constitution law
- BBA LL.B (Hons) with specialization in International Trade & Investment Law or Banking, Insurance & Finance Regulations.
- B.Sc. LLB (Hons) with specialization in Intellectual property Rights/Medical and Forensic laws/Food and Health law
The ULSAT 2019 Application Form has been released by University of Petroleum and Energy Studies. Candidates planning on appearing for the entrance exam are required to fill up all the required details asked in the form. The form has been released on 18th September 2019 and the last date for the submission of the form is 25th April 2019. Application Form is the first step towards the admission procedure for 5-year law integrated law programmes. It should be noted that the information provided in the form should be valid and correct and any discrepancy found at the time of admission will lead to the cancellation of candidature. The details should be provided very carefully specifically the personal and academic details. The contact information should be valid and correct without any mistake as the future correspondence will be done through the details provided.
Steps for filling up the Application Form:
The new users have to get themselves register on the official website of the University. After the successful registration candidate receives an email ID and Password which has to be provided at the time of Login by the candidate. Go through the step by step procedure of filling up the Application Form from the points below.
Step 1: Registration
- Visit the official website of the University and provide the valid email ID and phone number.
- After the successful registration, candidates will receive Registration ID and Password form UPES.
- Keep the provided one safely for the future reference. It work as a login credential for the candidate.
Step 2: Filling up the Application Form
- The link has been available on the website to proceed with the Application Form link. The Application Form link is accessible only after entering the UPES provided Registration ID and Password.
- The form is divided into three section. First is the Applicant Details, second is for payment details and the third one is for providing Academic details.
- The first section asks for the details like Name of the candidate, Name of the programme for which candidate is applying for, Email ID, Mobile Number, Nationality, State etc. Enter all the details very carefully and review them after completing all the sections. If satisfied click on the submit button.
- After completing the first section, the candidate is required to fill up the academic details, upload photograph and signature in a specified format.
- Next section step is of the payment of the Application Fee. The payment can be done through the online mode or offline mode.
- After the successful payment, click on the submit button and take the printout of the Application Form.
Application Fee: The Application fee can be paid through online mode or in the offline mode. The fee for the candidates appearing for ULSAT is as follows:
|Payment Mode||Application Fee (INR)|
|Online through Debit Card/Credit card/Net Banking||1850|
|Offline through Demand Draft||1850|
|Offline through cash||1750|
Note: Demand Draft should be drawn in favour of “UPES Fee Account”, payble at New delhi/Dehradun.
Steps to fill Application form offline:
University of Petroleum and Energy Studies has also provided the option of filling up the Application Form through offline mode. The steps for filling and submitting the form in person is as follows:
- Candidates will be required to purchase the ULSAT 2019 Application Form from designated centres against a cash payment of Rs.1750/-
- The details provided by the applicant in the form should be filled with utmost care and the information provided should be valid and correct.
- Candidates are advised to keep the copy of the filled Application Form for future references.
- The offline Application form are required to be sent along with a Demand Draft to the mentioned address:
P.O. Bidholi, via prem nagar,
ULSAT Eligibility Criteria 2019
The new users will have to get themselves register on the official website of the University. After the successful registration candidate will receive an email ID and Password which has to be provided at the time of Login by the candidate. Go through the step by step procedure of filling up the Application Form from the points below.
- Age Criteria- Candidate whose date of birth falls on or after October 1, 1996 are eligible to apply for the admission. Candidates should note that the Date of Birth as recorded on the Secondary Education Board will be considered authentic.
- Educational Criteria-
-Candidate should have secured minimum 50% marks at Higher and Senior Secondary level for all the courses.
– For B.Sc. LLB (Hons) with specialization in Intellectual Property rights/Medical & Forensics law/Food & Health Law, the candidate should have secured 50% marks at Higher and Senior Secondary Level and minimum 50% aggregate in PCM/PCB (Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics & Biology) at Senior Secondary Level.
ULSAT Exam Pattern 2019
The ULSAT 2019 examination pattern will be the objective type. Candidates planning on appearing for the exam are advised to go through the examination pattern in detail and have a look at how the questions will be framed. Applicants can also go through the past question papers available online for getting an idea of what topics are covered in the entrance examination. Take a look at the examination pattern mentioned in the points below:
- The question paper will carry 200 questions in total.
- The pattern of the question paper will be of the objective type where each question will have 4 options. Candidates will be required to tick mark the one correct answer out of those four options as per their knowledge and understanding.
- The question paper will be of maximum 200 marks.
- Candidate will score 1 marks for each correct answer.
- There is no Negative Marking.
- In case the candidate marks more than one response to the same question, both the responses will be considered incorrect.
- The medium of the question paper will be English.
- There will be 5 sections. Each section carrying 40 questions each.
- These 5 sections include language comprehension, quantitative and numerical ability, logical reasoning, legal general knowledge and legal aptitude.
- Duration of the test will be of 3 hours.
|Sections||No. of Questions|
|Quantitative and Numerical Ability||40|
|Legal general knowledge||40|
|Total No. Of questions||200|
ULSAT Syllabus 2019
The ULSAT 2019 syllabus will include the topics of Language comprehension, quantitative and numerical ability, Logical reasoning, Legal General knowledge and Legal Aptitude. The syllabus of ULSAT exam will be of the basic nature and the questions will be framed as per the eligibility defined by the University. Candidates, in order to prepare themselves well for the exam, are advised to go through the preparatory law books which cover the following mentioned topics. Since the pattern of the question paper is objective there will be no requirement of detailed preparation. The repetitive practice and solving the past question papers will be enough for the candidates to qualify the exam. It will be beneficial to prepare the given topics in the above section and subtopics that will be covered with them. Go through the syllabus of UlSAT 2019 mentioned in the tabular format:
|Quantitative and Numerical Ability||Testing the knowledge of elementary mathematics up to 10th standard and ability in numerical solving problem.|
|Legal general Knowledge and Legal Aptitude||Questions will be framed to test the legal knowledge and legal aptitude of the candidates with the help of legal propositions and a set of facts.|
The ULSAT 2019 Admit card is a mandatory document which will be required at the time of the examination. Candidates are required to bring the Admit card to the examination centre it should be noted that the absence of the Admit card will prohibit the candidate from appearing for the exam. Admit card will be available in the online mode and can be downloaded from the official website of the university. Only those candidates who have successfully filled and submitted the Application Form along with the Application fee will be able to access the Admit card. For successfully downloading the Admit card it is required to enter the Registration ID and password created at the time of the Registration. It is advised that the details mentioned on the admit card should be thoroughly cross-checked by the candidate. If found any incorrect detail, the examination authorities should be immediately contacted. Go through the detailed information regarding the Admit card of ULSAT 2019 from below.
Steps for downloading ULSAT Admit card:
- Visit the official website of the University and search for the UG Admit card link.
- Go to the link and provide the asked credentials that are Registration Login ID and Password.
- Enter the credentials and click on the submit button.
- The Admit Card will appear on the screen. Check all the details mentioned on the Admit Card thoroughly.
- After verifying the details, get a printout of the Admit card and get at least 2 to 3 extra copies of the document for the future use.
Contents Mentioned on the ULSAT Admit Card:
- Candidate’s Name
- Roll Number
- Date of Birth
- Application Number
- Address of the examination centre
- Reporting Time
- Photograph of the candidate
- Signature of the candidate
- Instructions mentioned for the candidate to be followed on the day of the examination.
Important Instructions related to ULSAT 2019 Admit Card:
- Admit Card is a mandatory document to be carried on the day of the exam.
- The details mentioned on the Admit Card should be cross-checked by the candidate thoroughly. In case of any discrepancy, the examination authorities should be immediately contacted.
- It should be noted that the Admit Card should not be torned or soiled in any manner. The information mentioned in the document should be clear given that they are mentioned by the examination conducting body.
- Candidates appearing for the exam are advised to reach the examination centre at least an hour before the commencement of the exam.
- It is mandatory to carry at least one original photo ID (PAN card, Aadhaar card, Driving License etc.) along with the Hall Ticket.
- Applicant appearing for the exam should carry at least more than two copies of the Admit Card in case the downloaded gets lost and soiled.
- Admit Card will be verified by the invigilator present in the examination hall.
- It is not allowed to carry any electronic devices like calculator, mobile phones etc. On the day of the exam.
Test Centers of ULSAT 2019
|City Name||Test City Code|
ULSAT Merit-based admissions
University of Petroleum and Energy Studies offers 20% of the seats on the basis of class 12th Board merit, CLAT Merit or LSAT Merit score for the admission to 5-year law integrated programmes. Candidates seeking admission to UPES legal studies will be selected either on the basis of the entrance exam or Board Merit/CLAT Score/LSAT score followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview. For detailed information go through the points mentioned below:
- For BA LLB (Hons.)/BBA LLB (Hons)/B.Com LLB (Hons)- Candidates who have secured minimum 50% marks in Higher and Senior secondary and CLAT ranking up to 10000/ L-SAT score of 60 percentile or above will be exempted from appearing for the ULSAT entrance exam and will be invited directly for GD and PI.
- For BA LLB (Hons)/BBA LLB (Hons.)/B.Com LLB (Hons)- Candidates who have secured 85% marks in 10th and 12th best of five subjects (English being as one of the compulsory paper) will be exempted from ULSAT 2019 and will be directly invited for GD and PI.
ULSAT 2019 Result
The ULSAT result 2019 will be declared by the University in the month of June 2019. The result will be announced only after the entrance procedure gets over. The result will be announced in an online mode and candidates will be able to check it from the official website of the University. It should be noted that only those candidates who will appear for ULSAT exam will be able to access their result. Candidates will be required to visit the Result link available and enter the Application Form Number and Registered Email ID. The Merit list of ULSAT exam will also be prepared after the declaration of the result. Merit list will be released by the University based on the marks secured by the candidate in the entrance exam. Only those candidates whose name will be mentioned in the Merit List will be called for Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
Steps to check ULSAT result 2019
- Visit the official website of the University and go to the result link.
- Go to the Result login Page
- A page asking for the candidate’s credentials will appear on the screen.
- Enter the Application Form number and Registered Email ID and click on the submit button.
- The Result will be displayed on the computer screen
- Take the print out of the result for the future references.
ULSAT Counselling procedure 2019
The ULSAT 2019 counselling procedure for admission to 5-year law integrated programme will take place on the basis of ULSAT score. Candidates will be called for the counselling procedure on the basis of marks secured by them in the entrance exam. The ULSAT counselling will be organized in an offline mode at the UPES Dehradun Campus where candidates will be required to present in person with the original documents to be verified at the time of counselling. The submission of a fee will have to be done right at the time of counselling for confirming the admission to the respective law course. It should be noted that the failure of the candidate in submitting the said amount will lead to the cancellation of the admission. All the candidates have to bring the mentioned original documents along with 2 self-attested photocopies for verification on the day of counselling:
- ULSAT Score Card/ULSAT Admission letter issued by UPES Dehradun.
- Self Attested copy of Marks Statement of 10th and 12th board examination.
- Self-Attested copy of character certificate from the school last attended
- Self- Attested copy of Transfer Certificate.