Anna University, Tamil Nadu will release TNEA Rank List 2019 on 28 June 2019. The list will be made available in online mode. The authority will release both the overall rank and category-wise TNEA Merit List 2019. Applicants can access the rank list by log in to the official website of TNEA 2019 and entering their registered email id and password. TNEA Merit list will be prepared based on class 12th normalization score and marks secured in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics will be calculated out of 200 (Mathematics – 100, Physics – 50 and Chemistry – 50). Normalization marks are taken into account for the difficulty level of different boards. If two or more applicants secure same marks then the authority will release inter-se merit along with the generation of a random number. The candidate whose name will be mentioned on the TNEA 2019 Rank list has to take part in counselling process.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
TNEA Rank List 2019 Releasing Date
The university announces the tentative dates related to Rank List of TNEA 2019. Some of the important dates are given below:
|1||Generation of Random number||First week of June 2019|
|2||Releasing of TNEA Merit List 2019||28 June 2019|
|3||Commencement of Counselling||Third week of July 2019|
Procedure to check TNEA Rank List 2019
To check the TNEA 2019 Merit List the candidate has to follow a simple procedure. this procedure must be followed in the same order as mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of TNEA 2019.
- Click on TNEA Rank List 2019
- A log-in panel will open
- Enter email id and TNEA 2019 password
- Now click on “Login” button
- TNEA Merit List 2019 will be displayed
- Download this list and take a printout of it.
Preparation of TNEA Rank List 2019
The following points are taken into consideration by the Anna University for preparing the TNEA Merit List :
- The marks scored in Physics, Chemistry and, Mathematics will be considered only when they will be reduced to 200.
- The weightage for different subjects are listed as follows: Mathematics-100, Physics-50 and, Chemistry-50.
- There may be variation in the difficulty level of different boards. The marks are equated by adopting a normalization process. Let’s assume if the highest marks obtained by a candidate of Tamil Nadu Board in Chemistry is 100 and marks obtained by a candidate from another board is 90 then both the scores will be treated as equal to 100. If another candidate of the same board (where the highest mark is 90)scores 60 in the subject it will be considered as equivalent to 66.66.100*60/90 = 66.66
- After this normalization process, the names of applicants are listed on TNEA Rank List 2019.
Inter-se Merit for TNEA Rank List 2019
There might be a case when two or more aspirants score equal or same marks. In this case, the authority releases the inter-se merit between those candidates. This list is determined on the basis of the following priority given below:
- Percentage of marks in Mathematics
- Percentage of marks in Physics
- Percentage of marks in the fourth optional subject
- Date of birth of the candidate. The older candidate will get preference
- Assignment of a random number. Higher the random number, the higher is it’s priority.
TNEA Random Number 2019
TNEA 2019 provides with a unique feature which is Random Number. This number will be generated after the completion of the application process by an applicant. The TNEA Random number 2019 will be generated randomly and will never be same for two aspirants. Random Number is used to help in breaking a tie between 2 or more applicants. If the tie still remains, then the highest value of a random number is selected to break it.
TNEA Counselling 2019
Anna University will conduct Counselling after the release of TNEA Merit list 2019. For the counselling process, applicants will be grouped as per the rank obtained by them. There will be five rounds of Counselling. To attend the counselling the applicant needs to log in to the official portal using registered email id and password. After successful log-in, the candidate needs to do a choice filling. Applicants are advised to fill a number of choices in order of priority to increase the chance of admission in the university. For taking part in the choice filling, General category candidates need to pay an amount of Rs. 5000 while SC/ST/SCA candidates need to pay Rs. 1000. After applicants choice filling, aspirants need to lock them and if they fail to do so, then the authority will lock choices for them automatically.