DASA 2019: Candidates registered themselves as DASA 2019 Online Application Registration from 2nd April 2019 to 11th June 2019. Direct Admissions of Students Abroad is abbreviated to DASA. DASA is a scheme through which student who live abroad like foreign nationals, Persons of Indian Origin (PIO), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) and NRIs (Non-residential Indians) can take admission in various undergraduate courses.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
DASA 2019 is conducted by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India for admissions to premier institutions of India. Every year, the Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology Allahabad, India conducts DASA. Eligible candidates can take admission in 4 – year Engineering & Architecture degree programs from NITs, IIITs, SPAs and Other Centrally Funded & Premier Technical Institutes (CFPTIs).
DASA 2019 Registration was started on 2nd April 2019, 8:00 pm onwards.
DASA 2019 Information Brochure and Official Notification has been released on 12th March 2019. Candidates can check complete details in this article.
DASA 2019 Exam Dates
All the appearing candidates must make sure to note down all the dates of DASA 2019 events given in the table below.
|Opening of application form||2nd April|
|Last date to fill online application form||11th June|
|Last date for submitting SAT Test Score||11th June|
|First round of seat allotment||24th June|
|Seat Confirmation of Round 1||24th-27th June|
|Second Round of seat allotment||30th June|
|Seat Confirmation of Round 2||30th June to 3rd July|
|Third Round of seat allotment||6th July|
|Seat Confirmation of Round 3||6th-9th July|
|Choice refilling and new applicants registration||10th-13th July|
|Fourth Round of seat allotment||17th July|
|Seat Confirmation of Round 4||17th-20th July|
|Reporting to allotted Institutions by candidates of all Rounds||21st-26th July|
|Releasing of vacant seat matrix for spot round||29th July|
|Choice refilling and new applicants registration for spot round||30th July to 1st August|
|Spot Round against vacant seats & spot round allotment||3rd August|
|Reporting to allotted Institutions by candidates of spot round||4th-8th August|
DASA 2019 Eligibility Criteria
All candidates must make sure that they fulfill all the eligibility criteria set for DASA 2019. Failing to fulfill the criteria will lead to the cancellation of the candidature.
- Candidates applying must be a foreign national, PIO, NRI or OCI.
For UG Courses
- Only applicants born on or after October 01, 1993 are eligible. Date of birth as recorded in the Secondary Education Board / University Certificate [Class X or equivalent] or any certificate issued by the Government authorities only will be taken as authentic.
- The Applicant must have passed the qualifying examination or equivalent.
- He/she should have successfully studies Mathematics, Physics and one of the subjects from (Chemistry, Bio-technology, Computer Science, Biology) in 11th AND / OR 12th, as applicable in the respective boards.
- Candidates must score a minimum of 60% marks or 6.50 CGPA in the equivalent examination.
- It is compulsory for all the candidates to have appeared in SAT (Scholastic Assessment test).
- Each appearing candidate should have scored 1800 in SAT Subject Tests (Physics, Mathematics Level 2, and Chemistry).
- Admission criteria for Indian Nationals shall be at least two years of education, inclusive of 11th & 12th or equivalent (not beyond), in a foreign country during the last 8 years and must pass the qualifying examination from abroad.
DASA application form 2019 was released on 2nd of April 2019 at 8:00 pm (IST). Candidates must make sure to fill only the correct information in the DASA application form 2019. You have to fill the application form in the online mode. Candidates have to upload the scanned images of required documents and fill the preference of participating institutions/courses. You will be required to pay the application fee to complete the application form. DASA application fee 2019 has to be filled through E-payment (credit/debit card) and SWIFT transfer. The registration fee is non-refundable.
DASA Application Fee 2019
Check the DASA 2019 registration fee here:
|Registration Fee||Tuition Fee (for 1st semester only)||Total Fee (to be submitted at the time of filling application form)|
|General||US $300||US $4000||US $4200|
|Foreign Nationals of SAARC Countries||US $300||US $2000||US $2300|
DASA 2019 Merit List
The merit list of DASA 2019 will be prepared after receiving the application forms of all candidates. Separate merit lists will be prepared for each course. Ranks will be allotted to the candidates based on the entrance exam and the choices filled in by the candidate. In case two or more candidates secure the same rank, an inter-se merit will be prepared. Selection of candidates for the counselling round will be done on the basis of merit list.
DASA 2019 Selection Procedure
- Candidates listed on the merit list will be required to participate in the counselling and seat allotment procedure
- The counselling procedure will be conducted in the online mode only.
- Admission will be done based on only the SAT and SAT test score.
- In case there is a tie between two candidates, a tie-breaking policy will be used to resolve the same. Higher rank will be allotted to the candidate based on Math of SAT 2, Physics of SAT 2, Chemistry of SAT 2, Total Score of SAT.
- Seat allotment list will be released after each round of counselling.
- Once the seat is allotted, an aspirant can either accept the seat or file for an upgradation.
- In case a candidate is not satisfied with his/her seat, they can participate in other rounds of counselling.
DASA Cutoff 2019
The DASA 2019 cutoff will be released by the authority that is in charge of preparing the cut off. The cut off of DASA will be based on SAT score. Cut off is the minimum score required by the candidate to be able to take part in counselling procedure. Each candidate will be able to check the SAT cutoff score for allotment of seats into participating institutes of DASA 2019.
DASA 2019 Admission Procedure
All the candidates who have been listed in the merit list will be participating in the counselling and seat allotment procedure. Seats will be allotted based on the preferences of choice filled in by the candidate. After being allotted the seats, each candidate has to download the provisional seat allotment letter. And after students have been allotted provisional admission, they can report to the institute and get their documents verified.
DASA 2019 Round 1 Counselling
The first round of DASA counselling 2019 will be held in the month of June 2019. The counselling procedure will take place online. Only those who have been listed in the merit list, will be considered eligible for counselling procedure. All information will be made available on the official website of DASA which is www.dasanit.org.
After accepting the seat, a provisional seat allotment letter will be generated. Students are required to sign it, download it and submit it to the allotted institute at the time of admission. All selected foreign nationals must obtain a valid student visa as applicable to their category issued by the Indian Missions Board.
- In case a candidate wishes to decline and does not wish to accept the allotted institute/course, seat cancellation/withdrawal letter will be generated. By clicking on Decline your seat will be withdrawn and you will lose any right for any further seat allotment in Round 2 or Round 3. You will be eligible for Round 4 or Spot Round.
- If you are satisfied with your preference allotment and do not want your higher preference choices to be considered in round two allotment, then click on Accept. The provisional allotment letter will be generated in this case.
- Click on Accept and Upgrade if you are willing to accept the allotted seat but wish to upgrade your seat and want to consider it in the second round of allotment. The provisional allotment letter would be generated. If an applicant gets a seat in 2 round with higher preference, his/her claim on the previously allotted seat will be automatically reclaimed. In a case where no upgradation takes place, the seat allotted in Round 1 will be retained.
DASA 2019 Round 2 Counselling
Similar to Round 1, the options of Accept, decline and upgrade will follow. After each round of counselling, the seat allotment list will be displayed on the official website. Candidates must keep checking the website to know more about the updates on DASA rounds.
DASA 2019 Round 3 Counselling
Round 3 of Direct Admission for Students Abroad 2019 will follow the same procedure as the previous two rounds.
DASA 2019 Round 4 Counselling
This will be the last round of DASA counselling 2019. There will be only two options left for the candidate which are accept and decline. In case a candidate clicks on Decline then he/she will be able to re-register for the spot round of counselling.
Spot Round of DASA Counselling
The spot round will be held for those candidates who have either declined their seats or have not been allotted any seat during DASA 2019 admission. Applicants who are allotted a seat in Spot round as per their choices and do not accept the allotment (decline or no response within the prescribed time limit) will not be considered for any refund of tuition fee component paid along with the application.
Applicants who have declined their allotments or withdrawn/cancelled their applications are eligible to re-register for Spot round after paying a re-registration Fee of US$ 300 (US Dollars Three hundred only). Applicants who have got admitted to the allotted Institute have to withdraw their admission before internal sliding if they would like to participate in Spot Round. New applicants who meet the academic and residential eligibility requirements are also eligible to apply. Interested applicants who wish to participate in this Spot round must send SAT scores through College Board to MNNIT Allahabad
DASA 2019 Reservation Criteria
There are certain number of seats that are reserved for a certain section. In DASA 2019, there is reservation for Children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries (CIWG). 5% supernumerary seats (within 15% of supernumerary quota of DASA) are reserved for Children of Indian Workers in Gulf (i.e., 1/3rd seats from DASA quota is reserved for CIWG). The fee applicable for this category will be at par with the fee prescribed for Indian National i.e Rs. 1,25,000/- per student per annum either in INR or equivalent USD.
Participating Institutes in DASA 2019
Candidates who are seeking admission through DASA 2019 must make sure to check the list of participating institutes given below. There are around 46 institutes which will be participating in the DASA UG 2019 admission program.
- Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad
- National Institute of Technology, Agartala
- Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal
- National Institute of Technology, Arunachal Pradesh
- National Institute of Technology, Calicut
- Malaviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur
- National Institute of Technology, Durgapur
- National Institute of Technology, Goa
- School of Planning and Architecture, Delhi
- National Institute of Technology, Delhi
- Indian Maritime University
- National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur
- National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar
- Delhi Technological University, Delhi
- National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra
- National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology, Aurangabad
- National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur
- National Institute of Technology, Manipur
- Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur
- National Institute of Technology, Mizoram
- National Institute of Technology, Patna
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design & Manufacturing, Chennai
- National Institute of Technology, Silchar
- National Institute of Technology, Raipur
- Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, Delhi
- National Institute of Technology, Rourkela
- National Institute of Technology, Puducherry
- Tezpur University, Assam
- National Institute of Technology, Sikkim
- National Institute of Technology, Srinagar
- Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, Surat
- National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli
- National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal
- School of Planning & Architecture, Vijayawada
- National Institute of Technology, Warangal
- National Institute of Technology, Meghalaya
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad
- National Institute of Technology, Uttarakhand
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design and Manufacturing, Jabalpur
- School of Planning and Architecture, Bhopal
- PEC University of Technology, Chandigarh
- Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Longowal, Punja
- National Institute of Foundry and Forge Technology, Ranchi, Jharkhand
- Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University, Gandhinagar
- Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology Delhi
DASA Fee Structure 2019
Registration Fee and First Semester Tuition Fee for different admitted categories are as follows:
|Admission Category||Registration Fee (Non-Refundable)||Tuition Fee (For First Semester only)||Total Amount paid along with the Application Form||In case the payment is done in INR total amount to be paid with Application Form|
|CIWG||US $ 300/-||INR Rs. 62,500/-||INR Rs. 62,500/- + US $ 300/-||Rs. 62,500/- + Rs. 20,000/- = Rs. 82,500/-|
|DASA (Non-SAARC)||US $ 300/-||US $ 4000/-||US $ 4300/-||Rs. 2,66,680/- + Rs. 20,000/- = Rs. 2,86,680/-|
|DASA (SAARC)||US $ 300/-||US $ 2000/-||US $ 2300/-||Rs. 1,33,340/- + Rs. 20,000/- = Rs. 1,53,340/-|
If you have any queries related to DASA 2019, do ask us in the comment section below.