Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission or Anna University Admissions is an admission procedure where students who wish to study engineering at the undergraduate level can procure a seat in the government, government-aided and private colleges that are affiliated with the Anna University, Chennai. Students can check the TNEA 2018 Eligibility Criteria given in detail in the article below.
The online registration for TNEA 2018 will begin from the 1st week of May 2018 and the online application of the same will be released on the official website in the 3rd week of May 2018. Before filling up the application forms, candidates must make sure that they know the criteria laid down by the University and fulfill all the mentioned criteria to be eligible for counselling.
General Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates who belong to the state of Tamil Nadu and have passed 10+2 are eligible to apply.
- Candidates who are natives of Tamil Nadu but have passed their 10+2 examination from another state can also apply but they have to submit a valid nativity certificate.
- Candidates whose parents are central government employees can also apply for the admission process provided they show their parents/guardians native certificates who have been serving in Tamil Nadu for last five years continuously.
- Daughters and Sons of All India Service Tamil Nadu Cadre Officers can also apply for this exam.
To know more about TNEA 2018 Important Dates- click here
Specific Eligibility Criteria for TNEA 2018
- Candidates have to pass the qualifying examination with Physics, chemistry, and mathematics as compulsory subjects.
- They must have passed from a recognized board/university.
- Candidates are required to score an aggregate of 50% in PCM for general category, 45% for backward class and backward class Muslims, 40% for SC/ST/SCA and 40% for DNC and MBC.
- Or candidates must have qualified one of the vocational subjects with one subject related to the field of engineering like mathematics, Physics or chemistry with a minimum of 50% for general category, 45% for backward class and backward class Muslims, 40% for SC/ST/SCA and 40% for De-Notified Communities and Most Backward Class.
Check here for the TNEA 2018 Application Form.
- Candidates must not be younger than 18 years of age and must not exceed 25 years of age.
- There is age relaxation for reserved categories that will be updated here as soon as the official brochure of TNEA 2018 is out.
Eligibility Criteria for Other State Students
Candidates belonging to the other-state quota i.e. who is an Indian citizen but not a native of Tamil Nadu can apply.
He/she will also have to fulfill all the eligibility criteria stated under educational qualification and Age criteria
Anna University will commence the admission procedure with the online registration in the month of May 2018. candidates are advised to keep visiting the official website of Anna University for any changes in the eligibility criteria