Thiruvalluvar University Admission 2020 (திருவள்ளுவர் பல்கலைக்கழகம்): Thiruvalluvar University Admission 2020 Application Form and December Exam Time Table has been released for PG Courses. Thiruvalluvar University, which was established in 2002, consists of the Vellore district of Tamil Nadu. It features postgraduate and graduates courses in the field of Arts and Science. Therefore, the students who are interested in pursuing any degree course must apply for Thiruvalluvar University PG Admission online on the official website tvu.edu.in. The application form for Thiruvalluvar University admission will be available in online mode. Each course shares its own eligibility criteria and selection process. Therefore, the aspirants of Admission in Thiruvalluvar University will be in online mode for PG and LLM courses. Read the article given below to know in detail about the Thiruvalluvar University 2020 Admission.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
- Thiruvalluvar University has released the December 2020 Exam Time Table for the PG (CBCS) Semester Exams. Also download the TU Question Paper of the semester here.
- Thiruvalluvar University Admission 2020 PG Application Form has been Released for PG Courses. Click Here to Apply for PG Courses and check other Application Form details.
- Revised Regulations and First Year Syllabus w.e.f 2020-21 Released Download Thiruvalluvar University Syllabus
Thiruvalluvar University (திருவள்ளுவர் பல்கலைக்கழகம்) Admission 2020
Applications are invited from suitable candidates for admission to the post-graduate programme at the Thiruvalluvar University, Vellore. For Admission 2020 at Thiruvalluvar University interested candidates may check out all the details given in this article. TVU offers 12 Bachelor and 8 Post-Graduate distance programs jointly with one-year Postgraduate diplomas in 3 courses and 6 months diploma certification in two courses. Candidates may get the TVU Application Form by using the post by sending a demand draft of provided for money on the official website of the university for the benefit of The Director, Thiruvalluvar Institute of Distance Education, Thiruvalluvar University, Vellore that should be there payable at Vellore. For TVU Admission 2020, the candidates have to sit for an entrance exam. The exam is conducted by the University in the respective departments of Thiruvalluvar University, Serkkadu, Vellore-115.
Thiruvalluvar University Admission Process
Degree holders from other universities need to obtain the Admission Approval Eligibility Certificate from this University for registration. The admission list should be placed in University and also published in the official University website within two week’s time following the date of admission. The application form for various courses is available on the official website of the university. This university also conveys training through distance learning. For further information visit Thiruvalluvar University Distance Education Admission.
- Expenses of Application Form is fixed at INR 48 + INR 2 for registration.
- The application form may be released after 5 days from the date of publication of results of Higher Senior Secondary Examination.
- The last day for the filing of Application form shall be fixed as the 10th day of publication of results of the Higher Senior secondary Examination.
- College is preparing a rank list in line with the merit of students.
Thiruvalluvar University Application Form 2020
Thiruvalluvar University Admission 2020 Application Form has been released for PG Courses. Application forms can be copied from the university official website. The application fee of Rs.200/- (Rs.100/- for SC/ST) along with Self-attested replicas of mark statements of the qualifying examination and filled-in application form ought to be sent nonstop to “The Registrar, Thiruvalluvar University, Serkadu, Vellore – 632 115 with superscription on the topmost of the cover as “Application for admission to University Department”. Attach a self-addressed 24x12cm envelope Rs.20/- imprinted along with the filled-in application.
Important Dates for Thiruvalluvar University Admission 2020
The Admission Council will release the dates of the Thiruvalluvar University 2020-21 Admission on the official website. The Thiruvalluvar University Admission Notification will be released in the first week of August 2020. However, the exact dates of the admission process are not known yet. Each course has a different date for the online application form. The aspirants can check the tentative dates of admission to various courses at Thiruvalluvar University from the table given below.
For PG Courses
The admission dates for all the Postgraduate courses are given in the table below. However, these dates are tentative and are likely to get modified as per the instructions of the official authorities.
|Available on Application Form||Released|
|Last Date of Application Form||within 10 days of the declaration of the result of the eligible examinations|
How To Fill the Thiruvalluvar University Application Form?
In order to fill the online Application Form, the candidates must read all the instructions very carefully. After reading all the instructions, the candidates can start filling the application form. They must fill all the details very carefully, especially the Name of the Candidate and Date of Birth. As the applicants cannot change these details even during the Form Correction process. Now, let us check the process to fill the online application form of Thiruvalluvar University:
- First of all, the candidates have to visit the official website of Thiruvalluvar University and click on the Admission Section.
- After clicking on “Admission 2020” the latest notification appears in the updates column. Candidates have to click on “Apply Now”.
- Thereafter, the applicants have to register themselves by clicking on “New User Registration.
- Candidates have to fill the details like Name, Email Id and Phone Number to complete the process of Registration.
- After Registration, candidates have to select the Course for which they are applying. Then they need to pay the applicable fees for the application form.
- Candidates must enter the Personal and Academic Details in the appropriate columns.
- After entering all the details correctly, they can “Preview Form” and check if all the details are mentioned correctly.
- Furthermore, the applicants have to select the option “Upload Photograph and Signature”. Please note that the Dimension and other details of the photo and signature are given in the instructions.
- Upload the scanned copies of photo and signature in the required format and dimension.
- Finally, click on the “Submit” button and save the application form. Applicants must save a copy of the application form for future reference.
Instructions for Filling TVU Application Form
- Before filling the application, the candidate has to go through the prospectus carefully.
- The candidate has to decide whether he/she fulfills all the requirements for admission. No relaxation will be given in this regard to any individual.
- Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- The application must be filled in by the candidate in his/her own handwriting.
- The application form should be filled-in with BLOCK LETTERS only.
- The name of the Applicant must be as recorded in the S.S.L.C. Certificate / degree certificate.
- The address of the candidate must be written/typed neatly. (Pincode must be furnished).
- Photograph attested by a Gazetted Officer should be affixed in the space provided.
- D.D. for the Registration fee should accompany the application.
- All Columns should be filled in clearly. No column should be left blank.
- Filled in Application forms should be submitted before the last date.
- Attested Xerox copies of the +2 certificates / UG Certificates should be enclosed with the application.
Documents Required for Filling TVU Application Form
Self-attested copies of documents to be attached with the printed application form:
- S.S.L.C. Mark Sheet
- Hr. Sec. Mark Sheet
- UG. Marks Sheets (I-V Semester)
- A recent passport size (4.5 cm X 3.5 cm) photograph pasted on the first page of the application form.
- Community Certificate
- A copy of the certificate as evidence for date of birth and community, Transfer Certificate (TC).
- Physically Challenged (PH) Certificate (If any)
- Other merit certificates like NSS, NCC, Sports, etc. (If any)
- One copy of recent passport size photograph must be affixed.
- Students who have passed UG Examinations other than Thiruvalluvar University must produce the Eligibility Certificate from the Thiruvalluvar University, Vellore.
- Self-addressed stamped acknowledgment card.
- A demand draft for the registration fee prescribed drawn in favour of the Director, TIDE, Thiruvalluvar University payable at Vellore.
Last Date for the receipt of Completed Application Form
The last date for receipt of filled-in applications by the colleges should be fixed as the tenth working day from the date of publication of Plus Two Examination result in the website. Applications from other streams/private candidates may be entertained after the due date in the event of their results or issue of mark sheets is on a date later than that of regular Plus Two Candidates. The Principals shall fix the last date for them suitably. Colleges should prepare the rank list for admission, from the next day onwards and it should be pasted on the notice board within 3 days.
Counseling should be conducted after the 15th day of the publications of plus two results in the internet. Applications for admission may be received even after the last date fixed for receipt of applications. Such applications shall be registered as LATE APPLICATIONS and considered only after all the applications received in time have been considered. In the case of SC/ST/MBC/DNC/BC candidates, if applications received in time from such candidates get exhausted, late applications should also be considered to fill up the seats reserved for these communities.
|Filled in printed application form along with required documents should be sent directly to the respective Institution address|
PG Application Fees
Payment of Fees
All payments due to the University towards Registration, Admission, and Certificate, etc., are to be remitted in the form of Account Payee Demand Draft obtained from any nationalized bank payable at Vellore drawn in favor of The Director, Thiruvalluvar Institute of Distance Education, Thiruvalluvar University. The Demand Drafts obtained more than one month prior to the date of admission/submission of Demand Drafts for 2nd-year fees will not be accepted.
- Tuition fees should be remitted through a separate DD.
- The following fees are to be remitted through separate Demand Drafts for each.
- DD for Examination fee
- DD for Change of PCP Centre
- DD for Loss of Identity Card
- DD for Change of Address
- DD for Course Certificate
- DD for Change of Medium of Instruction
Thiruvalluvar University Admission Eligibility
The Admission Council decides the minimum eligibility criteria for Thiruvalluvar University PhD Admissions each academic year. Therefore, the applicants must carefully read the eligibility criteria for various courses before filling the application form. Thiruvalluvar University releases the course-wise eligibility guidelines. It is important for the candidates to fulfill the eligibility criteria in order to participate in the admission process of the Thiruvalluvar University; anyone failing to meet the eligibility criteria will be disqualified. The university offers bachelors and master courses in various specializations. Candidates can check the eligibility for Thiruvalluvar University admission 2020 as described below for various UG and PG courses offered by the university.
UG/PG Admission Eligibility Conditions
- The Pre-University Examination conducted previously by the University of Madras or any other University accepted as equivalent thereof by the authorities, Thiruvalluvar University.
- The Higher Secondary Examination [Academic or Vocational Stream] conducted by the Government of Tamil Nadu [or] other States [or] Union Territories [or] an Examination accepted as equivalent thereof by the authorities, Thiruvalluvar University.
- There should be a minimum gap of two clear years between the date of appearance in the examination in which the candidate has passed the S.S.L.C. [X Standard] and Higher Secondary Examination (+2) or any other equivalent Examination as prescribed in the Prospectus for joining the First Year of Degree Course.
- The Senior School Certificate Examination [XII Standard] conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education held in 1979 or thereafter provided that they have been declared to have passed the examinations in not less than 5 subjects of which ENGLISH shall be one.
- The Indian School Certificate Examination [12 Years] conducted by the Council for Indian School Certificate Examination held in 1977 or thereafter, provided.
Here are the course-wise eligibility criteria for TVU Admission 2020-21 for various Postgraduate courses. Candidates who are applying for online admission must check the eligibility criteria given below.
For UG/ PG
|Course Level||Course Name||Specialization||Eligibility||Duration|
|UG||BA||Tamil||10 + 2 in the same discipline or equivalent from any recognized board||3 Years|
|Yoga for Human Excellence in English|
|BBA||Business Administration||3 Years|
|PG||MA||Tamil||B.A. Degree Examination offering Tamil as the Main Subject of study Or B.A. / B.Sc. Degree Examinations Foundation Course Or B.Lit. Degree of this University Or Any other examination accepted as equivalent thereto|
|English||B.A. Degree Examination offering English as the Main Subject of study Or B.A. / B.Sc. Degree Examinations Foundation Course Or B.Lit. Degree of this University Or Any other examination accepted as equivalent thereto|
|History||B.A. / B.Sc. / B.Com or Equivalent|
|Economics||B.A. Economics Or B.Sc. Mathematics Or Statistics Or B.Com. Or B.B.A. Or B.B.M. Or any Undergraduate Social Sciences Degree Or Equivalent|
|Yoga for Human Excellence||B.A./B.Sc. (10+2+3) Degree Examination of this University Or Equivalent|
|M.Com||Commerce||B.Com. Commerce, Bank Management, Cooperation, Corporate Secretaryship, Computer Applications, B.A. Industrial Organisation, Co-operation, B.B.A., B.B.M., B.C.S. & B.Sc. Mathematics Or B.A. in Economics Or B.Sc. Computer Science Or B.C.A. with any two Core – main papers offered in the B.Com.|
|M.Sc||Mathematics||B.Sc. Degree Examination in Branch-I Mathematics Or B.Sc. Applied Sciences Or Equivalent|
|PG Diploma||Computer Requests For||10 + 2 + 3 or equivalent|
|Human Resource Management|
|Yoga for Human Excellence|
For MA/ M.Sc
|MA||Tamil||A candidate who: – has passed B.A. Degree Examination of this University with Tamil as the Main Subject of study or Equivalent||2 years||Entrance test 50 % marks + 50% marks in the qualifying exam combined together for the selection of the candidates|
|English||A candidate who: – has passed the B.A. Degree Examination of this University with English as the Main Subject of study Or – is a Graduate in B.A and B.Sc. with Part II English or B.Com. / BBA / BCA / BCS and any such Degree with one year Part II English where the candidate has scored a minimum of 55% Or an Examination of other Universities accepted by the Syndicate as equivalent thereto|
|Economics||A candidate who has passed the B.A. Economics / Corporate Economics / Business Economics / B.Com. (All Branches) / B.Sc. Mathematics / B.Sc. Statistics / BBA or Examinations of other University as approved of by the Syndicate as equivalent thereto|
|M.Sc.||Mathematics||A candidate who has passed the B.Sc. Degree Examination in Mathematics of this University or any other University|
|Chemistry||A candidate who has passed the B.Sc. Degree Examination with Chemistry and Industrial Chemistry as the main subject of study of this University or any other University|
|Zoology||A candidate who has passed the B.Sc. Degree Examination in Zoology or any other University accepted by the Syndicate as equivalent thereto|
|Biotechnology||A candidate who has passed the B.Sc. Degree Examination in any Life Science Subject of a recognized Indian University or any other University|
For M.Phil/ Ph.D
|M.Phil.||Biotechnology||Candidates with a minimum of 55% marks in PG degree. A 5% mark relaxation to SC/ST candidates. Or Full-time Research Assistants / Project fellows / JRF / SRF in time-bound Research schemes for the one-year duration or more in University Departments, Research departments of Affiliated Colleges / Recognized Research Institutions|
|M.Phil. (Part-time)||Biotechnology||Any person employed in any concern/ organization/ institution situated within the jurisdiction of the State of Tamilnadu or outside recognized by Thiruvalluvar University with a minimum of 55% of marks in the Master’s Degree Or Teacher candidates working in universities/ affiliated colleges/ Polytechnics/ Higher Secondary Schools and High Schools approved by State Board or Central Board of Secondary Education Or Education instructors of I.A.F are eligible for admission.|
|Ph.D.||Biotechnology||Master’s degree with not less than 55% of marks Or a CGPA of 5.51 and above in the 10.00 point scale under CBCS, under the faculties of Arts, Science, Fine Arts, Indian and other languages, Management, etc. Note – The SC/ST candidates are eligible for 5% relaxation from the prescribed minimum marks.|
|Ph.D. (Part-Time- Internal )||Biotechnology||The candidate should be a teacher with a prescribed minimum qualification in this University/ recognized research centers/ affiliated colleges and having three years of continuous service (service certificate issued by the Principal) and with or without their qualification approval from the Government /university (irrespective of their employment status) Or Research Assistants / Technical Assistants appointed on a permanent basis in this University/ recognized research centers/ affiliated colleges.|
|Ph.D. (Part-Time- External)||Biotechnology||The candidate has to be a Teacher in this or any University/ colleges Affiliated to this or any other University / Higher Secondary School / High School / Polytechnic within the territorial Jurisdiction of Tamil Nadu. They should possess two years of continuous service (service certificate issued by the Dean / Principal / Head of the Institution / CEO for School teachers) and with prescribed minimum qualification, irrespective of their employment status. Or If not a teacher, then he/she should be any permanent staff in a Government Office / Private office / Industries / Public Ltd. Company registered under the Companies Act. / Recognized factory/institution/research institution/ business organization (including Board of Directors, Proprietor & Partner) Or Librarian/ Assistant Librarian Research Assistant/ Resource Person/Technical Assistant/ Physical Director/Physical Training Instructor / Part-time lecturer /Guest Lecturer other academic non-vacation positions in the university /affiliated colleges/ Higher Secondary School / High School / Polytechnic/Any Chartered Accountant/ Cost Accountant / Company Secretary and other professionals with minimum period of three years of experience after obtaining their professional qualification Or Any teacher, scientist or in any other related capacity in National / State level institutions, Universities, Research and Development (R&D) Centres / Laboratories and institutions outside the territorial jurisdiction of this University, in India and abroad, with prescribed minimum qualification and permitted by the respective organizations|
|Ph.D. (Internal)||Biotechnology||Teachers on regular employment with M.Phil., or equivalent qualification, working in the Departments of this University / affiliated colleges with 10 years of teaching experience at UG/PG level after obtaining M.Phil., degree and a minimum of 5 publications as first author in refereed journals Or Scientists in this University/ affiliated colleges / Researchers working in Regional / National Laboratories, Institutes and Educational Institutions with a minimum of 5 publications|
Thiruvalluvar University Distance Admission 2020
Thiruvalluvar University provides various UG and PG courses in Regular and also distance education mode. Thiruvalluvar University Online UG, PG result, Exam Schedule & Syllabus links are accessible through links given in the Latest Updates section. Thiruvalluvar University also issues UG/ PG results for the Affiliated Colleges, students can examine the results by visiting the direct links or detailed-procedure given below under article. The university is also publishing results for the Thiruvalluvar Institute of Distance Education (TIDE) Admission 2020.
Thiruvalluvar University 2020 Admit Card
Thiruvalluvar University will conduct the admission process for different courses with a different admission procedure and qualifying examination. Candidates will have to carry this hall ticket to the examination centre. They will not be allowed to enter the examination hall without it. The candidates will have to enter the examination hall. It will mention important details such as name, roll number, exam schedule, and instruction.
Thiruvalluvar University 2020 Result
Thiruvalluvar University announces results for this semester exam through its official website. The university declared the results for the winter and summer semesters individually. The results are declared within a fortnight following the date of the last exam carried out by the university. You will be able to follow these steps to check the result. Thiruvalluvar University will release the results on the official website in the online mode. Candidates can view the Thiruvalluvar University result 2020 by following the simple instructions as described below:-
- Visit the official website of Thiruvalluvar University Thiruvalluvaruniversity.ac.in
- Go to the Examinations section and select the “result“. Click on it.
- Now enter their Registration Number and click on the Check Result in order to check the Thiruvalluvar University scorecard.
- Click on the Print button present below in order to download the Thiruvalluvar University scorecard.
Thiruvalluvar University Counselling
“Counseling” is a process where the candidate presents himself/herself before the “Counseling Terminals” on the day of counseling. The candidate is given an option to choose a particular course and department/college among the unfilled/available seats as per the merit list.
Merit List of Thiruvalluvar University
When the result will come out after some time university will publish the merit list of the candidate who has cleared the examination and the candidates are one step closer to admission to the university. The candidate whose names appear in the merit list is eligible for the counselling.
Determination of Rank List
For admission to Undergraduate courses (UG), a candidate must have passed the Higher Secondary Examinations of Tamil Nadu or an examination (like the CBSE) recognized by the Universities as equivalent thereto. Admission should be made based on the +2 marks only. The Rank-list will be out of 400 marks comprising a subject-component of 400 and admission to Government /Aided / University Constituent /Self Financing Colleges should be through counselling.
Every selection list must contain the following details:
- Number of seats sanctioned for the course
- Number of seats already filled up
- Number of students selected in the list with rank marks
- Number of seats still vacant
- Particulars of candidates selected under each category – OC/BC/MBC/ DNC/SC/ST/ Differently Abled / Ex-servicemen / Sports Quota / NCC etc.,
General Instructions for Thiruvalllur University Admission 2020
- Application Forms will NOT be sold in the University / College Office.
- Attach a self-addressed 24x12cm envelope Rs.20/- stamped along with the filled-in application.
- The candidates who have passed their qualifying examination from other Universities shall obtain the Eligibility Certificate from Thiruvalluvar University and submit the same at the time of admission to the course of study.
- To obtain the Eligibility Certificate, an application form can be downloaded from the University website www.tvu.edu.in. (Under Admission -> Download Applications) and candidates are directed to contact the Admission section of this University.
- University is not responsible for any postal delay or loss in transit.
- Admissions to UG/PG programs are purely on merit basis.
- Numbers of seats are limited to each department offering the courses and selections are based on the Reservation Policy prescribed by the Govt. of Tamil Nadu.
- A separate application for each course/ College should be submitted. Otherwise, the application will be rejected.
- If the particulars given by the applicant found incorrect, the applicant is liable for legal action and his/her admission will be cancelled.
- The University reserves the right either to conduct or cancel the courses offered by the University without any intimation.
- Applicants must note down their application numbers and name of the course for future reference.
Thiruvalluvar University Admission 2020 – Overview
|Admission Process||Thiruvalluvar University Admission|
|University Name||Thiruvalluvar University|
|Courses Offered||Post Graduate|