Read about new Notifications released by SRM in this article!
Check Eligibility For SRMJEEE Exam
SRMJEEE or Sri Ramaswamy Memorial Joint Entrance Examination for Engineering is a joint entrance examination conducted for admission to engineering courses like B.Tech and M.Tech offered in the Kattankulathur, Ramapuram, Vadapalani and Ghaziabad campuses of SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai and Amaravati campus of SRM University– AP and Sonepat Campus of SRM University– Haryana. It is a University level examination and acts as a common entrance test for all of these campuses. Any candidate who is planning to seek admission to the colleges of the above-mentioned SRM campuses has to qualify the SRMJEEE 2018.
About SRMJEEE 2018 Entrance Exam
SRM Institute of Science and Technology has released the online and offline application form for the exam on 1st November 2017. For the academic session of 2018-19, SRMJEEE will be conducted from 16th – 30th April 2018. SRM will offer at least 7,000 undergraduate engineering seats to deserving candidates in 4 campuses of SRM. After the application process has ended, candidates will be issued the admit card/ hall ticket from 7th April 2018. Candidates will also have to book a slot without which he/she will not be allowed to take the exam. After SRMJEEE 2018 results have been announced, eligible candidates will be called for counselling and seat allotment procedure.
Updates Regarding SRMJEEE 2018
- Eligibility criteria for SRM Ghaziabad have been reduced to 50% in PCM whereas the eligibility criteria for last year stated the requirement of at least 55% marks in PCM.
- The SRMJEEE application fee has been raised to Rs. 1100.
- Aadhar Card of the candidate is important and has to be scanned and uploaded.
SRMJEEE 2018 B. Tech e-counselling for Phase II has begun. Click Here to Participate in the Counselling of SRMJEE 2018.
The slot booking for the SRMJEEE 2018 will begin from 9th April 2018. Read more here.
The merit list is expected to be released on 3rd May 2018. Read more here.
Aspiring candidates who are planning to take the exam must go through the exam related dates given in the table below.
|Release of SRMJEEE 2018 Application form||November 1 2017|
|Last date to fill the online application form||April 12th, 2018 Extended|
|SRMJEEE 2018 Slot booking||April 7 2018 onwards|
|Release of SRMJEEE 2018 Admit card||April 7 2018|
|SRMJEEE 2018 Exam Dates||April 16 to April 30 2018|
|Announcement of SRMJEEE 2018 Result||May 3 2018|
|Beginning of Offline counselling||2nd week of May to 3rd week of May 2018|
|Beginning of Online counselling||4th week of May 2018 onwards|
|Commencement of Academic Session||July 16, 2018|
SRMJEEE 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Before registering and filling up the application form candidates must make sure that they read and adhere to all the eligibility criteria of SRMJEEE 2018. The eligibility criteria are set by the exam conducting authority, keeping in mind certain parameters like age, nationality, qualifying marks, subject combination, etc.
Check out the list of SRMJEEE eligibility criteria mentioned below
Age – The date of birth of the applicants must be between July 1, 1997 and July 1, 2002.
- For admission to Kattankulathar campus candidate must have obtained an aggregate of 60% marks in PCM.
- For admission to Ramapur, Sonepat, Vadapalani and Ghaziabad(NCR) campuses, Candidate must hav secured minimum 50% in PCM.
- For admission to SRM Amaravati campus candidate must have obtained an aggregate of 60% marks in PCM.
Academic Qualification for B.Tech –
- Candidate should have qualified or appeared for 10+2 examination from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, and mathematics as compulsory subjects.
- Those who have studied in International Baccalaureate (IB) system, should have A-level with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as major subjects in any international school in India.
Academic Qualification for B.Tech Biotechnology, B.Tech Biomedical Engineering and B.Tech genetic Engineering –
- Candidate should have qualified or appeared for 10+2 examination from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and mathematics or biology or biotechnology as compulsory subjects.
- Those who have studied in International Baccalaureate (IB) should have Diploma or A-level in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics or biology as major subjects in an international school in India.
Academic Qualification for Direct Admission
- Direct Admission is thrown open to top rankers in the central or state board examinations.
- Top 1000 rankers of IIT JEE will be eligible for Direct Admissions
- Top Rankers in each district of Tamil Nadu and exemplary sports person at National and International level are also eligible under this category.
SRMJEEE 2018 Registration/ Application Form
The application forms for SRMJEEE 2018 was made available online on 1st November 2017. The online application will be open until today i.e. 12th April 2018. All applicants must go through exam related details like important dates and SRMJEE Eligibility criteria before filling up the application form.
To fill up the application form, applicants have to first go to the official website and register themselves to create an account. Using this account, candidates will be able to log in and fill up the online SRMJEEE 2018 application form. Candidates will also be required to upload scanned images of their photograph and signature to the correct specifications. Along with the application form, students have to pay a required fee as the application fees. While filling up the application form, the candidate will also be asked to select the course and campus according to the preference and also choose the exam city to take the exam.
Please note that the applicant must have an Aadhar Card as the details of the same will be required at the time of form filling and along with other required documents, a scanned image of Aadhar card will also be uploaded by the candidate.
Exam Pattern of SRMJEEE 2018
Those who have filled the online application form for the exam must make sure to go through the exam pattern of the exam as the first step in the exam preparation. Exam pattern usually includes information about the exam like the mode in which exam takes place, number of questions, the marking scheme, etc.
SRMJEEE 2018 Exam pattern is given below:
- SRMJEEE 2018 will be conducted in online computer-based mode.
- The exam will be conducted for a total of 2 hours 30 minutes.
- The question paper will cover questions from subjects Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology.
- There will be 35 questions from each subject making it a total of 105 questions in the question paper.
- The questions will be of an objective type in the form of MCQs.
- Each correct answer will be awarded 3 marks and there is no provision for negative marking.
- The language of the question paper will be English.
SRMJEEE 2018 Syllabus
The SRMJEE 2018 Syllabus will consist of all the topics studied in class 11th and 12th in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology. Candidates preparing for SRMJEEE 2018 must know the correct syllabus of the exam to start off with the preparation with the right study material. The exam syllabus for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology is given below.
Check out the syllabus to start with exam preparation as soon as possible:
- Electronics and Communication
- Dual Nature of Matter and Nuclear Physics
- Atomic Physics and Relativity
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Ray and Wave Optics and Magnetism
- Heat and Thermodynamics
- Oscillations and Wave Optics
- Gravitations, Mechanics of Solids and Fluids
- Units and Measurement
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Purification and Characterization of Organic Compounds
- Surface Chemistry, Chemical Kinetics and Catalysis
- Organic Compounds Containing Oxygen
- Some Basic Principles of Organic Chemistry
- Chemical Equilibrium
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical Families – Periodic Properties
- States of Matter
- Some Basic Concepts in Chemistry
- Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion
- Vector Algebra
- Conic Sections in Two Dimensions
- Sequences and Series
- Binomial Theorem and its Applications
- Mathematical Induction and its Applications
- Permutations and Combinations
- Circles in Two Dimensions
- Straight Lines in Two Dimensions
- Differential Equations
- Integral Calculus
- Applications of Differential Calculus
- Differential Calculus
- Quadratic Equations
- Applications of Matrices and Determinants
- Matrices and Determinants
- Complex Numbers
- Sets, Relations and Functions
- Taxonomy of Angiosperm
- Plant Anatomy
- Cell Biology and Genetics
- Plant Physiology
- Biology in Human Welfare
- Human Physiology
- Modern Genetics and Animal Biotechnology
- Environmental Science
- Applied Biology
- Theories of Evolution
SRMJEEE 2018 Slot Booking
The registered candidates will have to book a slot to take the SRMJEEE 2018. Without booking a slot candidate will not be allowed to take the examination. The SRMJEEE 2018 Slot Booking window will begin from 7th April 2018. Students have to book the slot before the specified date so his/her admission card is issued. The slot booking will be done in the online mode where candidates have to select a slot out of the various slots given. Slot booking will be done on the first-come first-serve basis. After successfully booking a slot, candidates will be able to download the admit card.
Admit Card/ Hall Ticket of SRMJEEE 2018
SRMJEEE 2018 Admit Card will be issued online for the candidates to download from 7th April 2018 onwards. An admit card which is sometimes referred to as the hall ticket is one of the most important documents that a candidate must carry on the day of the examination. The absence of the admit card will debar the candidate from taking the exam. SRMJEEE hall ticket will carry important information like the name of the candidate, SRMJEEE 2018 application number, Exam center details and exam timings.
Candidates must download and take a print of the SRMJEEE 2018 Admit Card. The Admit card has to be kept safely without damage or soiling. As soon as the admit card is released, applicants have to go to the official website of SRM i.e. http://www.srmuniv.ac.in and log in to the account to view and download the same.
Answer Key of SRMJEEE 2018 Exam
The answer key of SRMJEEE 2018 may or may not released by the exam conducting authority. There will, however, be unofficial answer keys released by some coaching institutes in a few days after the exam has been conducted. With the help of the answer key candidates will be able to cross-check their answers and have an idea of the probable score that they will be obtaining in the exam. However, such answer keys are not fully reliable and should be checked with caution.
SRMJEEE 2018 Results
After SRMJEEE 2018 has taken place, SRM will announce the results on the official website on 3rd May 2018. All candidates who have taken the examination will be able to view and download the SRMJEEE 2018 Result. The results will allow the candidate to know the All India Rank and the score obtained in the exam subject-wise. The results will be available in the online mode and will also be sent to the registered email id of the candidate. Candidates cannot raise any objection against the results produced as they are prepared after a lot of scrutinies and careful attention. The merit list will also be published and candidates will be listed according to their merit.
All those who want to view the Result of SRMJEEE must go to the official website and log in to the candidate account by entering their application number, the programme applied for and the date of birth after clicking on the result link. Candidates have to take a print of the result and preserve it till the admission process is over.
Cut-off for SRMJEEE 2018
The cut-off is the minimum marks that a candidate must obtain in order to be eligible for counselling and seat allotment procedure. Sometimes the cut-off is released in the form of a closing and opening rank. Candidates then have to obtain marks that fall between the opening and closing rank. The SRMJEEE 2018 cut-off will be released after the results have been announced. The cut-off is prepared on the basis of a lot of factors like the number of candidates who have appeared in the exam, last year’s cut-off, number of seats, etc. Those who meet the cut-off will be offered seats in any of the four SRM campuses. The cut-off will be released separately for the category candidates and will be different depending on each course.
SRMJEEE 2018 Counselling Process
The admission to the SRM Campuses will be based on the performance of the candidates in SRMJEEE 2018. Candidates who are enlisted in the merit list will be called for SRMJEEE 2018 counselling and seat allotment procedure. The counselling will be held in both online and offline mode. It is likely to commence from the 2nd week of May 2018. All qualified candidates will be sent a counselling letter on the registered email ID and a print out of the same will be required while appearing for offline counselling in any of the four SRM Campuses. There will be common counselling that will be held for admission to all the campuses. Candidates will be called for counselling based on the Rank obtained in SRMJEEE 2018. During counselling candidates will be allowed to choose the university, specialization/branch of study in a particular campus depending on the number of seats available at that point in time. The candidates who have been allotted seats will be required to report to their respective institution and pay the tuition fees.
SRMJEEE 2018 Participating Institutes
- SRM University, Kattankulanthar
- SRM University, Ramapuram
- SRM University, Vadapalani
- SRM University, NCR Ghaziabad