SRM Joint Entrance Examination will be conducted from 16th – 30th April 2018. SRMJEEE is a joint entrance examination for engineering courses offered at four SRM campuses. The application form for the exam is available online from 1st November 2017 and the admit card for the same will be issued on 7th April 2018. Candidates must start the preparation for the exam as soon as possible for the best results.
Those who have filled the online SRMJEEE Application Form for the exam must make sure to go through the exam pattern of the exam as the first step in the exam preparation. Exam pattern usually includes information about the exam like the mode in which exam takes place, number of questions, the marking scheme, etc.
SRMJEEE 2018 Exam Pattern
- MODE – SRMJEEE 2018 will be conducted in online computer-based mode.
- DURATION – The exam will be conducted for a total of 2 hours 30 minutes.
- SUBJECTS – The question paper will cover questions from subjects Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology.
- NO. OF QUESTIONS – There will be 35 questions from each subject making it a total of 105 questions in the question paper.
- TOTAL MARKS – The entire question paper will be marked out of 315.
- TYPE OF QUESTIONS – The questions will be of an objective type in the form of MCQs.
- MARKING SCHEME – Each correct answer will be awarded 3 marks and there is no provision for negative marking.
- LANGUAGE – The language of the question paper will be English.
SRMJEEE 2018 Marking Scheme
To get a clear idea of the SRMJEEE 2018 marking scheme, have a look at the table below:
|Subjects||No. of questions||Marks per subject||Marks per question|
|Physics||35||110||+3 for each correct answer. |
No negative marking
SRMJEEE 2018 Syllabus
The SRMJEEE 2018 Syllabus will consist of all the topics studied in class 11th and 12th in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology. Candidates preparing for SRMJEEE 2018 must know the correct syllabus of the exam to start off with the preparation with the right study material. The exam syllabus for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology is given below.
Check out the syllabus to start with exam preparation as soon as possible:
- Electronics and Communication
- Dual Nature of Matter and Nuclear Physics
- Atomic Physics and Relativity
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Ray and Wave Optics and Magnetism
- Heat and Thermodynamics
- Oscillations and Wave Optics
- Gravitations, Mechanics of Solids and Fluids
- Units and Measurement
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Purification and Characterization of Organic Compounds
- Surface Chemistry, Chemical Kinetics and Catalysis
- Organic Compounds Containing Oxygen
- Some Basic Principles of Organic Chemistry
- Chemical Equilibrium
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical Families – Periodic Properties
- States of Matter
- Some Basic Concepts in Chemistry
- Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion
- Vector Algebra
- Conic Sections in Two Dimensions
- Sequences and Series
- Binomial Theorem and its Applications
- Mathematical Induction and its Applications
- Permutations and Combinations
- Circles in Two Dimensions
- Straight Lines in Two Dimensions
- Differential Equations
- Integral Calculus
- Applications of Differential Calculus
- Differential Calculus
- Quadratic Equations
- Applications of Matrices and Determinants
- Matrices and Determinants
- Complex Numbers
- Sets, Relations and Functions
- Taxonomy of Angiosperm
- Plant Anatomy
- Cell Biology and Genetics
- Plant Physiology
- Biology in Human Welfare
- Human Physiology
- Modern Genetics and Animal Biotechnology
- Environmental Science
- Applied Biology
- Theories of Evolution
- Candidates must adhere to all the instructions set by the exam conducting authority.
- Candidates must reach the exam center an hour before the entry time to avoid any unfortunate situation.
- The admit card must not be tampered or soiled till the admission process is over. Applicant must not edit the information printed on the admit card.
- Since the exam is conducted online, there will be a workstation for each candidate at the exam center. Every candidate will also be provided a rough sheet to do the rough work.