Punjab MBBS Counselling 2018 – Baba Farid University of Health Sciences is the official authority which conducts Punjab MBBS counselling 2018. The procedure of counselling for Punjab MBBS 2018 has been started from 8th June 2018.Link to apply is provided in the application form section below. Last date to register is 23rd June 2018. Punjab MBBS counselling 2018 will be conducted in the online mode only. There will be two rounds of Punjab MBBS 2018 counselling and one mop-up round will be conducted if the seat remains vacant. Only merit listed candidates will be eligible to attend the counselling sessions of Punjab MBBS 2018. The procedure of counselling will be for the state and NRI quota seats which include about 900 medical and 970 dental seats in the government and private colleges combined.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Candidates need to compulsorily register and fill up the application form of Punjab MBBS 2018 in order participate in the counselling sessions. Admission of candidates will be on the basis of the NEET UG 2018 scores and the preferences of institutes selected while filling up the online application form. It is, therefore, important that candidates fill in their choices according to the score obtained in the NEET UG examination.
|Lovely Professional University 2019 Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
Punjab MBBS Counselling 2018 Event dates and Updates
Punjab MBBS Counselling registration 2018 has been started from 8th June 2018. Last date to register is 23rd June 2018. Link to register is provided in the application form section given below.
Download and read the Punjab MBBS Counselling information brochure 2018 before registering. Click Here to download.
The Punjab MBBS Counselling 2018 admission committee has released the MBBS Admission 2018 notification in the PDF Format. Candidates can download and read the notification on clicking here.
Dates for Punjab MBBS Admission of the year 2018 is likely to be announced after the NEET UG 2018 result. The scheduled dates for Punjab MBBS Counselling 2018 all the events for the admission are provided in the table below. The following table will be updated as per release with the official notification.
|S. No||Events||Important Dates (announced)|
|1.||Availability of Prospectus||08.06.2018|
|2.||Last date for applying online Admission Application Form through University Website||23.06.2018|
|3.||Last date for depositing fee of Rs. 5000/- (Rs. 2500/- for SC candidates) in University Account in any Branch of Oriental Bank of Commerce through challan form which will be generated on successful filling of online admission application form at university website. Bank Account Number mentioned
on Challan Form
|4.||Document Verification of various categories as per page no 4.||25.06.2018
|5.||Display of Provisional Merit List of candidates||28.06.2018|
|For NRI candidates|
|6.||Last date for submitting admission application form for NRI quota (Application form for getting Eligibility certificate and admission application form for NRI candidates is separately available on
|1st round of Online Counselling Schedule|
|8.||Online filling/submission of counselling form and preferences of colleges and course by the eligible candidates for 1st round of counselling.||29.06.2018
|9.||Display of result of 1st round of online counselling||05.07.2018|
|10.||Date of joining the allotted college/course and deposition of fee in any branch of Oriental Bank of Commerce through bank challan form – 1st round counselling||upto
|2nd and subsequent round of Counselling Schedule|
|The Schedule for 2nd & subsequent Round of Counselling shall be displayed on the University website|
Punjab MBBS Counselling 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility criteria are the conditions which every applicant must possess in order to apply for the examination or counselling. Directorate of Medical Education (DTE) releases a set of eligibility criteria for the aspirants to participate in the counselling to get enrolled in undergraduate MBBS programme. Applicants must go through the eligibility criteria before filling up the application form for Punjab MBBS Admission 2018. The table given below provides the required eligibility criteria for the aspirants to apply for the Punjab MBBS Admission 2018:-
|2.||Age||Applicants must have attained 17 years of age or more as on 31st December 2018.|
|4.||NEET 2018||Applicant must have appeared in NEET 2018 Exam.|
Punjab MBBS Admission 2018 Registration Form
To apply for Punjab MBBS Admission 2018, candidates need to register and fill up the application form. Candidates must be aware of the eligibility criteria before going to fill up the application form.
Click Here to register for Punjab MBBS Admission 2018
Here is a step by step guide on how to fill up the application form:-
- Click on the link “Punjab MBBS Admission 2018” option. Link to apply will be activated soon.
- Register yourself by entering the name, email ID, phone number and date of birth.
- After registering, fill up the details like personal details, NEET exam score and rank and academic qualification.
- After filling up the application form, click on “submit” button.
- Payment of registration cum counselling fee.
Punjab MBBS Admission 2018 Merit List
Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, the official counselling authority prepares and release the Merit List for admission to undergraduate MBBS programme in the medical colleges/Institution of state Punjab. Merit list is prepared based on the number of applicants, NEET exam score obtained by the applicants and seat availability. Merit List contains the names of the candidates, Rank and NEET score etc.
Punjab MBBS Counselling 2018 – Highlights
- The counselling for Punjab MBBS 2018 will be conducted in an online mode.
- Candidates will be able to participate in the Punjab MBBS 2018 counselling sessions if they have secured the minimum percentile in the NEET 2018 and successfully submitted the application form of Punjab MBBS 2018 by paying the application fee.
- The counselling authority will publish the Punjab MBBS merit list in 2018 containing names of the eligible candidates.
- The candidates will be granted admission to Punjab MBBS 2018 on a merit-cum-preference basis.
Punjab MBBS Counselling Procedure 2018
- Candidates need to visit the official website of Punjab MBBS 2018 counselling by using their login ID and password.
- The portal for online counselling application form of Punjab MBBS 2018 will open after the release of the Punjab MBBS merit list 2018.
- Candidates need to choose as many institutes as they want according to their order of preference.
- The list of candidates who will be allotted seats will be displayed after each round of Punjab MBBS counselling 2018.
- The candidates belonging to sports/backward/defense/minority quota will have to report for document verification on a date specified before the start of Punjab MBBS 2018 counselling.
Candidates need to report to the allotted college on the specified date and time.
Candidates will have to fill in fresh choices for each round of counselling of Punjab MBBS 2018. The choices filled in for the first round will not be considered for the second round of counselling of Punjab MBBS 2018.
Documents Required for Punjab MBBS 2018
- Candidates need to bring the below-mentioned documents on the reporting day
- 10th and 12th certificates and mark sheets
- NEET 2018 admit card
- NEET 2018 result/scorecard
- Online application/registration form copy
- Domicile certificate
- Character certificate
- Caste certificate, as applicable
- Category certificate, as applicable
- Identity proof
- Domicile/Residence certificate
- Passport size photographs
Punjab MBBS Counselling 2018 – Participating Institutes
Institute offering MBBS Programme via NEET UG 2018 score in the state Punjab MBBS Counselling is provided in the table below. Seat available for MBBS medical college is also provided.
|S. No||Name of the College||Total Seats|
|1.||Guru Gobind Singh Medical College, Sadiq Road, Faridkot||100|
|2.||Govt. Medical College, Majitha Road, Amritsar||200|
|3.||Govt. Medical College, Sangrur Road, Patiala||200|
|4.||Dayanand Medical College, Civil Lines, Ludhiana||100|
|5.||Sri Guru Ram Das Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Amritsar||150|
|6.||Punjab Institute of Medical Sciences, Garha Road, Jalandhar||150|
|7.||Christian Medical College & Hospital, Ludhiana||75|
If you have any doubt or question arises, please inform us by writing in the comment section given below.