NATA 2024 phase 1 exam will be held on 12th June 2024. The Council of Architecture (CoA) released the NATA 2024 eligibility criteria for the session 2024-23. The application process of the NATA will be available online. NATA stands for National Aptitude Test in Architecture. It is managed and conducted by the Council of Architecture. Moreover, it is a National Level Aptitude Test that is conducted for admission into the Architecture Programme all over the country. This exam is held twice a year. In addition, the concerned authority conducts both Parts A (Drawing test) and B (Test on Scientific Ability & General Aptitude) as an online aptitude test. Through NATA 2024, candidates get admission to a 5-year Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.) course. Read further to get complete details about the entrance examination.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
- Candidates need to secure 25 percent marks in part A and B respectively which means 32 marks out of 125 and 18 marks out of 75 in part B to qualify in the exam.
Through this exam, candidates can get admission to all the Private and Government Colleges and Institutions. The exam further measures the aptitude of the applicant for the specific field of study, i.e. Architecture. Further, the National Aptitude Test in Architecture comprises drawing and observation skills, sense of proportion, aesthetic sensitivity, mathematics, and creative thinking ability. Moreover, the Part-A Test (Drawing Test) is not a paper-based drawing test but a preferential choice type test that is to be answered on a computer/ laptop.
|Release of Application Form||To be announced|
|The last Date to submit the Application form||To be announced|
|Last Date to upload Images||To be announced|
|Fee payment allowed till||To be announced|
|Confirmation page printing available till||To be announced|
|Application form correction||To be announced|
|Issuance of Admit Card||To be announced|
|Date of NATA 2024 Exam||Session 1: 12th June 2024|
Session 2: 3rd July 2024
Session 3: 24th July 2024
|Declaration of Results|| |
To be announced
Major Changes For 2024 session:
Some major changes were introduced in the NATA Exam last year. Hence, those changes are mentioned below for reference. Candidates preparing for the exam must be through these. Further, the changes that were made in 2020 are as follows:
- Applicant must have passed 10+2 with PCM Subjects OR 10+3 Diploma with Mathematics
- Qualified candidates of NATA and JEE Main with pass percentage in 10+2 with PCM Subjects OR 10+3 Diploma with Mathematics.
- Exam Duration has been increased from 2hrs to 3hrs.
- The pattern of the exam has been changed for Part A. Now there will be 10 questions in PART A.
- Syllabus of PART A modified.
- Short interval break
- Eligibility Criteria: Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics are the mandatory subjects at the 10+2 level.
Change In Syllabus For Part A
- Understanding the important visual principles in a composition (2D OR 3D) such as balance, rhythm, direction, hierarchy, etc. Geometry and the ability to visualize the shape and solve geometrical puzzles to test spatial intelligence.
- Understanding color theory and the various terminologies to test color scheme awareness and knowledge.
- Visual system interpretation and perception to test graphical similarities and other properties.
- Ability to understand the spatial relationship between objects, and to visualize images and scenarios.
- Tests for cognitive ability: perception, attention, recognition, memory, etc.
Changes in Exam Pattern:
- The National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) takes place twice a year
- In addition, now the duration of the exam is 3 hours.
- Arts stream candidates are also eligible to apply if they qualify the Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry as additional exams
NATA 2024 Examination Schedule: (Date and Time)
|Date & Time of Examination||Questions & Marks of Examination|
|First NATA Examination|
| Session 1|
10.00 a.m. to 1.00 pm (180 mins/3.0 hours)
(if required) 2.30 pm to 5.30 pm (180 mins/ 3.0 hours)
|Questions 125 Marks 200|
|Second NATA Examination|
|Session 1 |
10.00 am to 1.00 pm (180 mins/ 3.0 hours) Session 2
(if required) 2.30 pm – 5.30 pm (180 mins/ 3.0 hours)
|Questions 125 Marks 200|
NATA 2024 Eligibility Criteria
Each candidate should go through the NATA Eligibility Criteria 2024 before filling the application form. It is important that all applicants satisfy the eligibility conditions. Furthermore, CoA prescribed eligibility conditions are as follows:
- Age Criteria: There are no such age limits
- Reservation is a prerogative of the admission/ counselling authority and does not fall under the purview of this examination.
Educational Qualification Criteria:
The following candidates are eligible to apply if they have the following educational background:
- 10th+2 or equivalent passed/ appearing with 50% aggregate marks and having Mathematics as a compulsory subject of examination.
- 10+3 Diploma (any stream) passed/ appearing recognized by Central/ State Government with 50% aggregate marks with Mathematics as a compulsory subject.
- Further, an International Baccalaureate Diploma, after 1 year of schooling with 50% aggregate marks with Mathematics as a compulsory subject.
NATA Application Form 2024
The NATA 2024 Application Form procedure is completely online and thus form is available on the official NATA Portal. The candidates have to visit the portal click on the link for the online application form. Once you click on the link you are redirected to the application form. Moreover, the application form is interactive in nature and is categorized into different sub-sections. The fields that are marked with “*” are mandatory to fill otherwise, the application form is not accepted.
NATA Registration Form is broadly categorized into three steps:
- Personal Details section
- Document Uploading
- Application Fee Payment
Candidates have to fill in the First part i.e the “Personal Details” once they are done with the personal column section then you are redirected to the Document Uploading. Once the documents are uploaded successfully, you are directly redirected to the fee payment section. Finally, the candidate now can take the printout of the confirmation page for future purposes. There is no need to send any document by post.
How to Fill the NATA 2024 Application Form?
To ensure candidates can easily submit the form, the step-by-step guide is provided below. Note that only the candidates who submit the form successfully can sit for the test. Therefore, candidates should check these details carefully. If the form is incomplete or not submitted successfully, then authorities do not issue admit cards in such cases. The filling of the application form comprises of two stages:
- Registration Process and the
- Submission of the application form
- Visit the official NATA Portal – www.nata.in
- Click on the “Register Now” section. This will take you to the Login Page.
- Again click the “Register Now” button for signing up for the User Account Registration. Fill in the mandatory fields and click on the Sign Up option.
- Once you have signed up successfully, click login to continue by entering the credentials.
To create the credentials, the candidates have to provide a Login ID and Password.
Submission of the Application Form:
- Login to the NATA Portal using the credentials. Click on the “Apply Now” button which shall redirect you to the application form.
- Fill in with the required details (* marked categories are mandatory to be filled)
- Now upload the relevant documents and click on the PREVIEW button to take a look at the complete application form. After rechecking click on the Submit button to submit the form. Once the form is submitted, no charges are entertained afterward, therefore be careful while filling the form.
- Once the application form is submitted, you are redirected to the Payment Gateway page. Enter the required details for completing the payment process.
- After the payment of the fee, the confirmation page appears, which consists of an Application number and transaction number.
Uploading Image and Signature and Documents
Candidates need to upload the following documents:
- Recent passport Size Photograph (color): The passport size photograph should be in JPEG or JPG Format. Should be a minimum of 4Kb in size and a maximum of 100 Kb in size. The height of the photo must be 4.5cm and the width must be 3.5 cm.
- Scanned Signature: Candidate must upload the scanned signature in JPEG or JPG Format. It should be a minimum of 1Kb in size and a maximum of 30 Kb in size. The height of the photo must be 1.5cm and the width must be 3.5 cm.
- Community Certificate (for ST/ SC Candidates): This certificate is issued by a competent authority in the case of ST/ SC Candidates. It should be in JPEG or JPG Format. It should be a minimum of 5Kb in size and a maximum of 100 Kb in size. Also, it must be in A4 size format.
The ST/ SC Certificate is subject to verification. Providing incorrect information can lead to the rejection of the application form.
The payment of the NATA application fee can be done in online mode using Debit/ Credit Cards or internet banking. Moreover, non-payment can be a reason for the application form rejection. Therefore, make sure to make the payment on time.
|Category/ Session||Application fee|
|For One Session|
|General candidates||Rs. 2000/-|
|SC/ ST candidates||Rs. 1700/-|
|For Both Session|
|General candidates||Rs. 3800/-|
|SC/ ST candidates||Rs. 3100/-|
Candidates who want to appear from test centers outside of India must have to fill the following fee for both sessions:
|For one session||Rs. 10,000/-|
|For both sessions||Rs. 18,000/-|
Confirmation Page (A Proof of Registration)
It is the final page of the application procedure. The confirmation page informs you that your application form is successfully registered and submitted. A candidate must take a printout and preserve it for future use. It consists of the application number and the transaction number and details.
Discrepancy & Correction
- The candidates are advised to fill in the application form correctly and recheck the form before submitting online.
- No further changes are allowed after submission. In rare cases, the candidates have to make a request to higher examination authorities.
- Moreover, candidates can mail the request to [email protected]
NATA Exam Pattern 2024
Candidates appearing or preparing for the exam should be well versed with the exam pattern. The prescribed Exam Pattern of NATA 2024 is further as follows:
- The PART A of the examination carries 125 marks which include 10 drawing questions ( 1 question of 17 marks, 3 questions of 48 marks, and 6 questions of 60 marks)
- PART B of the examination carries a total of 75 marks. This section of the examination includes PCM ( 15 questions of 1.5 marks each ) & General Aptitude and Logical Reasoning ( 35 questions of 1.5 marks each)
- The minimum qualifying marks for the examination are 25% in the MCQ Portion and 25% marks in the drawing section.
- Furthermore, there is no negative marking. Hence, a candidate must try to attempt all the questions.
Qualifying marks for NATA 2024 would be based on the following rules:
- A minimum of 32 marks out of 125 marks must be secured in Part A (approximately 25%)
- A minimum of 18 marks out of 75 marks must be secured in Part B (approximately 25%)
- Overall qualifying marks (out of 200) would be based on post-exam statistics and at the discretion of the Council. A Candidate will not qualify in NATA-2024 unless he/ she satisfies all three conditions mentioned above.
Question Pattern and Mode of Answering
Since we have already talked about the Examination Pattern in the above section, we take a quick look at the instructions that are provided for attending the exam. The Questions and the Instructions are available in English Medium only. Furthermore, the distribution of marks is as follows:
|Subject||Distribution of Marks||Total Marks|
|Drawing ( 10 questions)||1x 17|
3 x 16
6 x 10
|Mathematics (15 Questions)||15 x 1.5||22.5|
|General Aptitude (35 Questions)||35 x 1.5||52.5|
Instructions To Be Followed While Writing The NATA 2024 Examination
Candidates must follow the guidelines during the written exam. Some of the things candidates must keep in mind are hence mentioned below.
Mathematics and General Aptitude Test: (PART-B)
- There is no negative marking.
- The correct answer or option will fetch you 2 marks.
Drawing Test: (PART-A)
In this section, the candidate has to attempt the questions in Part B section in 72 minutes. The drawing aptitude is judged on the following aspects:
- Ability to sketch a given figure or object proportionately and rendering the same in a visually appealing manner.
- Visualizing and drawing the effects of the light on the object and shadows cast and surroundings.
- Sense of perspective drawing
- Combining and composing given three-dimensional elements to form a building or structural form
- Creating an interesting two-dimensional composition using given shapes and forms.
- Drawing from memory through pencil sketch on themes from day-to-day experiences.
- Creating visual harmony using colors in the given composition.
- Understanding of the scales and proportions.
The answers written in “drawing sheets” are examined by more than one examiner independently and the marks are to be averaged. Moreover, the primary emphasis in scoring the drawing section is completely on the candidate’s drawing, imagination, and observation skills. Also, the Candidate’s sense of proportion and perspective are also evaluated together with the sense of color and composition.
NATA 2024 Admit Card
The NATA 2024 Admit Card is issued only to those candidates who successfully register for the exam. Moreover, it can be downloaded by entering their Registration Number and Date of Birth. The admit card is a mandatory document for the NATA Examination. No candidate is allowed to enter the examination hall without the hall ticket.
The admit card contains the details of the candidate such as the name of the candidate, Exam Center and Address, Date and Time of NATA Exam, and Roll Number. In addition, before downloading the hall ticket, the candidate has to check all the details carefully. If in case, there is any sort of error in the information then the candidates must inform the Exam Authority soon.
NATA Syllabus 2024
The sections that cover the NATA Syllabus for the Exam include Mathematics, Drawing, and General Aptitude. Furthermore, the subject-wise important topics are mentioned below for reference. Candidates before starting the preparation should be well versed with the exam syllabus. In addition, the plan of study must be in accordance with it. Also, a candidate should first finish the topics that seem tough and shall take more time.
- Co-ordinate Geometry
- 3-Dimensional Co-ordinate Geometry
- Theory of Calculus
- Application of Calculus
- Permutation and Combination
- Statistics and Probability
- Interpretation of pictorial compositions
- Visualization of three-dimensional objects from two-dimensional drawing and objects
- Textures related to the architectures and built environment
- Analytical reasoning
- Mental Ability (visual, numerical, and verbal)
- General Awareness of national and international architects
- Famous Architectural Creations
- Visualizing different sides of the 3D Objects
- Mathematical Reasoning and Sets, and Relations
- Understanding the scale and proportion of the objects
- Geometric Composition
- Shapes Building Forms and Elements, aesthetics, color texture, harmony, and contrast.
- Conceptualization and visualization through structuring objects in memory
- Drawing of the patterns- both geometrical and abstract. Form transformations in 2D and 3D like union, subtraction, rotation, surfaces, and volumes.
- Creating 2D and 3D compositions using given shapes and forms.
- Generating plans, elevation, and 3D views of the object.
- Perspective drawing, Sketching of urbanscape, and landscape.
- Common day-to-day life objects like furniture, equipment, etc. from memory.
NATA Result 2024
The Council of Architecture releases the Result via online mode. In addition, the result is sent to the candidate’s mail ID as well. Moreover, candidates must keep a copy of the result with them until the admission process is completed. NATA 2024 Score Card is valid only for admission for the academic year 2024-22. In case, there is any discrepancy in the Scorecard, then immediately report to the authorities. Furthermore, some other essential details about the results are explained below.
Reviewing the Answer Sheet:
- After one week of the examination, the authority uploads the response sheet of each candidate for Part A, along with subject-wise marks secured.
- Note that no review is available for the Drawing Test.
The NATA 2024 Result is released online so that candidates can check the same easily. Candidates can access the website by logging in using the credentials created during the time of registration. Furthermore, the result is released in the following format.
- Marks obtained in each section and out of 200.
- Merit Listing
- Percentile Scores
Moreover, the qualifying marks of the NATA-2024 shall be as follows:
- A candidate must score a minimum of 25% in MCQ Portion
- Candidate must score a minimum of 25% in Drawing Proportion
- Overall qualifying marks out of 200 which is based on the post-exam statistics and at the discretion of the Council.
Cutoff of NATA 2024
The cutoff is basically the minimum qualifying marks that a candidate needs to score for being eligible for admission. Also, the education board decides the cutoff marks by considering the no. of students who appeared for the exam, marks scored, and seat matrix. Further, the NATA Cutoff is different for MCQ and Drawing portion. For admission eligibility, 25% marks are required in the MCQ portion and 25% marks in the drawing portion. Only the students who score cutoff marks are granted admission. Hence, it is necessary for each candidate to score the cutoff marks.
NATA – List of Participating Institutes
The list of colleges that offer admission as per the NATA 2024 Score is provided below. Also, the cutoff marks of each institute may vary. Further, the institutes that offer admission on the basis of NATA are as follows:
- SRM University, Chennai
- Bharath University, Chennai
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi
- East-West School of Architecture, Bangalore
- ITM University, Gwalior
- Ansal University, Gurgaon
- KIIT University, Bhubaneswar
- Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University of Science & Technology, Murthal
- Sir JJ College of Architecture, Mumbai
- Chandigarh College of Architecture, Chandigarh
- Faculty of Architecture & Ekistics, JMI, Delhi
- R.V School of Architecture, Bangalore
- CEPT University, Ahmedabad
- Sri Sri University
- Hindustan University, Kelambakkam
- Sharda University, Greater Noida
NATA Counselling 2024
It is conducted by the participating institutes separately. As per the rank of the candidates, called for the counselling process. Moreover, the NATA B.Arch counselling takes place in a different session by the institution. In order to participate the candidates have to meet the aggregate and also component-wise minimum marks determined for the exam. All the participating institutes hold the counselling as per their schedule based on the NATA score. In addition, the participating candidates have to visit the institutes for this admission round.
In the Counselling Round, candidates have to carry a few documents as well. Thus, candidates must have original and 2 photocopies of the documents. Hence, the list of documents that a candidate must have are as follows:
- NATA 2024 Admit Card
- Copy of Scorecard
- Class 10th & 12th Marksheet and Certificates
- Category Certificate (If Applicable)
- Transfer Certificate (If Applicable)
- Photo ID Proof and Photograph
- Medical Certificate for PwD Candidates