NATA 2019: NATA stands for National Aptitude Test in Architecture. This exam is managed and conducted by the Council of Architecture. This is a National Level Aptitude Test which is conducted for the admission into the Architecture Programme all over the country. This exam is held once in every year. The candidates who will be appearing for this exam will be able to get an admission in a 5-year Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.) Programme. The NATA Score Card is valid for all the Private and Government Colleges and Institutions.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
The NATA Exam measures the aptitude of the applicant for the specific field of study, i.e. Architecture. The test comprises of the drawing and observation skills, sense of proportion, aesthetic sensitivity, mathematics and creative thinking ability which we are going to know in the later sections.
Few of the changes have been introduced in the Exam Pattern and the Eligibility Criteria of NATA 2019. Find the changes in the points below.
Changes in Exam Pattern:
- The Exam of NATA 2019 will be conducted twice in a year, tentatively in mid-April and again in the First Week of July 2019.
- 60 Minutes will be provided for the aptitude section and 120 minutes will be provided for the Drawing Section.
- Arts stream candidates are also eligible to apply if they qualify the Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as additional exams.
Eligibility Criteria: Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are the mandatory subjects in 10+2 level.
NATA 2019 Examination Schedule: (Date and Time)
Before applying for the Exam, it is very necessary to know about the exam schedule and the question pattern of the exam. The dates have been announced and declared for the Registration. Let’s take a quick look into the dates.
The official date schedule of NATA 2019 is as follows:
|Starting Date of the Online Registration||3rd week of January 2019|
|Closing Date of the Online Registration||March 2019|
|Issuance of the Admit Card||April 2019|
|Date of the Examination||April 2019|
|Declaration of the Results||June 2019|
NATA 2019 Exam Pattern
The Exam of NATA 2019 will be conducted twice in a year
The PART A of the examination carries 120 marks which include 40 marks MCQ (multiple choice questions) on Mathematics and 80 marks MCQ on General Aptitude. This section of examination is completely held online and time allotted is 60 minutes.
The PART B of the examination carries a total of 80 marks. This section of examination includes two questions related to drawing ability. This section test will be carried (answered) on an A4 Size drawing sheets. The time allotted is 120 minutes.
The minimum qualifying marks for the examination is 25% in the MCQ Portion i.e. (30 out of 120) and 25% marks in the drawing section i.e (20 out of 80).
There is no negative marking and each correct answer carries 2 marks.
Question Pattern and Mode of Answering
Since we have already talked about the Examination Pattern in the above section, we take a quick look at the instructions that are provided for attending the exam. The Questions and the Instructions are available in English Medium only. The distribution of marks are outlined as follows:
|Subject||Distribution of Marks||Total Marks|
|Mathematics (20 Questions)||20×2||40|
|General Aptitude (40 Questions)||40×2||80|
|Drawing (2 Questions)||2×40||80|
Instructions to be followed while writing the NATA 2019 Examination
Mathematics and General Aptitude Test: (PART-A)
There are no negative marking. The correct answer or option will fetch you 2 marks.
Drawing Test: (PART-B)
In this section, the candidate has to attempt the questions in Part B section in 120 minutes. The drawing aptitude will be judged on the following aspects:
- Ability to sketch a given figure or object proportionately and rendering the same in visually appealing manner.
- Visualizing and drawing the effects of the light on the object and shadows cast and surroundings.
- Sense of perspective drawing
- Combining and composing given three dimensional elements to form a building or structural form
- Creating interesting two-dimensional composition using given shapes and forms.
- Creating visual harmony using colours in the given composition.
- Understanding of the scales and proportions.
- Drawing from memory through pencil sketch on themes from day to day experiences.
The answers written in “drawing sheets” will be examined by more than one examiner independently and the marks are to be averaged. The primary emphasis in scoring the drawing section is completely on the candidate’s drawing, imagination and observation skills. The candidate’s sense of proportion and perspective are also evaluated together with the sense for colour and composition.
Eligibility Criteria for the NATA 2019 Candidates
The following are the different eligibility criteria’s for the candidates who are willing to appear in the NATA Exam 2019.
Age Criteria: There are no such age limits to apply for NATA Exam.
Educational Qualification Criteria:
The following candidates are eligible to apply if they have the following educational background:
- 10th+2 or equivalent passed/appearing with 50% aggregate marks and having Mathematics as a compulsory subject of examination.
- 10+3 Diploma (any stream) passed/appearing recognized by Central/State Government with 50% aggregate marks with Mathematics as a compulsory subject.
- International Baccalaureate Diploma, after 1 years of schooling with 50% aggregate marks with Mathematics as a compulsory subject.
Reservation under Different Categories
Reservation is a prerogative of the admission/counselling authority and does not fall under the purview of this examination.
NATA 2019 Application Form
The NATA 2019 Application Form procedure will be completely online and is available in the official NATA Portal. The candidates have to visit the portal click on the link for the online application form 2019. Once you click on the link you will be redirected to the application form. The application form is interactive in nature and is categorized into different sub-sections. The fields that are marked with “*” are mandatory to fill otherwise, the application form will not be accepted.
The application form is broadly categorized in three steps:
- Personal Details section
- Document Uploading
- Application Fee Payment
The candidates have to fill in the First part i.e the “Personal Details” once they are done with the personal column section then you will be redirected to the Document Uploading. Once the documents are uploaded successfully, you will be directly redirected to the fee payment section. Finally, the candidate now can take the printout of the confirmation page for the future purpose. There is no need to send any document by post.
How to Fill the NATA 2019 Application Form
The filling of the application form comprises of two stages:
- Registration Process and the
- Submission of the application form
- Visit the official NATA Portal- nata.in
- Click on the “Register Now” section. This will take you to the Login Page.
- Again click the “Register Now” button for signing up the User Account Registration. Fill in the mandatory fields and click on the Sign Up option.
- Once you have signed up successfully, click login to continue by entering the credentials.
To create the credentials, the candidates have to provide a Login ID and Password.
Submission of the Application Form:
- Login the NATA 2019 Portal using the credentials. Click on the “Apply Now” button which will redirect you to the application form.
- Fil in with the required details (* marked categories are mandatory to be filled)
- Now upload the relevant documents and click on PREVIEW button to take a look of the complete application form. After rechecking click on the Submit button to submit the form. Once the form is submitted, no charges will be entertained afterwards, therefore be careful while filing the form.
- Once the application form is submitted, you will be now redirected to the Payment Gateway page. Enter the required details for completing payment process.
- After the fees payment, you will be redirected to a confirmation page which consists of an Application number and transaction number.
Uploading Image and Signature and Documents
The candidates who are applying for the NATA 2019 has to upload the following documents:
- Recent passport size photograph (colour):
The passport size photograph should be in JPEG or JPG Format. Should be minimum 4Kb in size and maximum 30 Kb in size. The height of the photo must be 1.5cm and width must be 3.5 cm.
- Scanned signature:
The scanned signature should be in JPEG or JPG Format. Should be minimum of 1Kb in size and maximum 100 Kb in size. The height of the photo must be 4.5cm and width must be 3.5 cm.
- Community certificate (for ST/SC Candidates):
The community certificate is issued by a competent authority in case of ST/SC Candidates. It should be in JPEG or JPG Format. Should be minimum of 5Kb in size and maximum 100 Kb in size. The certificate must be in A4 size format.
The ST/SC Certificate is a subject to verification. Providing incorrect information can lead to the rejection of the application form.
The candidates who are applying for NATA 2019 has to pay a registration fee of Rs 1800/- for the general category and Rs 1500/- for the ST/SC Candidates. The payment is done in online mode using debit/credit cards or internet banking.
After the successful payment, the candidate is redirected to the “Confirmation Page” which is the final stage.
Confirmation Page (A Proof of Registration)
This is the final page of the application procedure. The confirmation page informs you that your application form is successfully registered and submitted. The candidate must take a printout and preserve it for the future use. A confirmation page consists of the application number and the transaction number and details.
Discrepancy & Correction
- The candidates are advised to fill in the application form correctly and recheck the form before submitting online.
- No further changes will be allowed after submission. In rare cases, the candidates have to make a request to higher examination authorities.
- The candidates can mail the request to [email protected]
NATA 2019 Admit Card / Hall Ticket – Download
The NATA 2019 Admit card will be available online. The admit cards will be issued only to those candidates who have successfully registered for the exam. The NATA Admit card 2019 will be issued a few weeks before the exam. The candidates can download the Admit cards by entering their Registration Number and Date of Birth. The admit card is a mandatory document for the NATA Examination.
The candidates are advised to download the NATA 2019 Admit card before the deadline date. No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall without a NATA 2019 Admit Card.
The NATA 2019 Admit Card will contain the details of the candidate such as the name of the candidate, Exam Center and Address, Date and Time of NATA 2019 Exam and Roll Number. Before downloading the NATA 2019 Admit card, the candidate has to check all the details carefully. If in case, there is any sort of error in the information then the candidates must inform the Exam Authority soon.
Along with the NATA 2019 Admit card, the candidates must carry an original photograph and an original identity proof (Voter ID/PAN/ Aadhaar/ Driving License etc.)
NATA 2019 Syllabus
The sections that come under the NATA Exam includes: Mathematics, Drawing and General Aptitude.
The topics that will be covered under the Mathematics section for NATA 2019 are as follows:
Algebra, Logarithms, Matrices, Trigonometry, Co-ordinate Geometry, 3-Dimensional Co-ordinate Geometry, Theory of Calculus, Application of Calculus, Permutation and Combination, Statistics and Probability.
The topics that are covered under the General Aptitude are as follows:
Interpretation of pictorial compositions, visualization of three dimensional object from two dimensional drawing, objects, and textures related to the architectures and built environment. Analytical reasoning, mental ability (visual, numerical and verbal), general awareness of national and international architects and famous architectural creations. Visualizing different sides of the 3D Objects, mathematical reasoning and sets and relations.
The topics that will be included for the NATA Exam 2019 are as follows:
Understanding scale and proportion of the objects, geometric composition, shape, building forms and elements, aesthetics, colour texture, harmony and contrast. Conceptualization and visualization through structuring objects in memory. Drawing of the patterns- both geometrical and abstract. Form transformations in 2D and 3D like union, subtraction, rotation, surfaces and volumes. Creating 2D and 3D compositions using given shape and forms. Generating plans, elevation, and 3D views of the object. Perspective drawing, sketching of urban scape and landscape. Common day to day life objects like furniture, equipment’s etc. from the memory.
Declaration of the NATA 2019 Results
Reviewing the Answer Sheet:
After one week of the examination, a response sheet of each candidate is uploaded for Part A, along with subject wise marks secured. No review is available for the Drawing Test
The result is available online in the website- https://learning.tcsionhub.in/test/nata-2018. The candidate can access the website by logging in using the credentials created during the time of registration.
The result will available in the following format:
- Marks obtained in each section and out of 200.
The qualifying marks of the NATA-2019 will be as follows:
- A minimum of 25% must be secured in MCQ Portion (30 out of 120)
- A minimum of 25% must be secured in Drawing Proportion (20 0ut of 80)
- Overall qualifying marks out of 200 which is based on the post-exam statistics and at the discretion of the Council.
Validity of the NATA 2019 Score:
The NATA 2019 Score Card is valid only for the admission for the academic year 2019-2020.