MH CET stands for Maharashtra Common Entrance Test. It is also known as Maharashtra Health and Technical Common Entrance Test (MHT CET). This is a state level examination conducted annually by the Government of Maharashtra. MHT CET is taken by candidates to take admission to Engineering and Technology, Pharmacy and Pharm. D courses offered by the Government, Government- aided, University managed and Unaided colleges/ Institutes of Maharashtra.
The Exam was conducted in offline mode for 3 papers and for the academic session of 2018-19, it was held on 10th May 2018. The application forms of the same were available online for those students who wish to take up engineering or Pharmacy after completing their 10+2 in the state of Maharashtra.
Please note that MHT CET 2018 is not for admission to the Medical course – MBBS.
- 1 Important Updates For MHT CET 2018
- 2 MHT CET 2018 Events Dates
- 3 MHT CET Counselling 2018
- 4 MHT CET 2018 Result
- 5 MHT CET 2018 Answer key
- 6 MHTCET 2018 Official Notification
- 7 Admit Card For MHT CET 2018
- 8 MHT CET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- 9 MHT CET 2018 Application Form
- 10 MH CET 2018 Exam Pattern
- 11 Syllabus For MHT CET 2018
- 12 Merit List of MHT CET 2018
- 13 MHT CET 2018 Cut-off
Important Updates For MHT CET 2018
Seat Matrix CAP – I check here
The Provisional Allotment of CAP Round 1has been announced – Click here to check.
The last day for Online Submission & Confirmation of Option Form of CAP Round-I through candidate’s Login by the Candidate was 28th June 2018.
The Final Merit list has been released. Click here to view
The provisional merit list for Maharashtra State/All India/J & K Migrant candidates has been displayed. Get more details HERE
The Submission of grievance, if any, for all type of Candidates at FC will be available from 22nd – 23rd June 2018.
The Last Day for Online registration of application and document verification had been extended till the 21st June 2018. Click here for more details.
MHT CET 2018 Counselling registration had commenced from the 7th June 2018. Register Now!
MHT CET 2018 Results have been announced on 3rd June 2018. Click here to check the Result.
The Scanned OMR Answer Sheets were available for candidates from 26/05/2018 to 02/06/2018. The Answer sheets can be accessed here.
Provisional Answer Keys of MHT CET 2018 had been released officially. Click here to view the Answer keys!
MHT CET 2018 Admit card for candidates had been released. Click here to view and download your Admit Card.
MHT CET 2018 Events Dates
MH CET 2018 was conducted 10th May 2018 in pen and paper-based offline mode. Aspirants can get a clear idea of the exam related events from the table below:
|Online registration and submission of application||18th January 2018 – 25th March 2018|
|Online registration and submission of application with late fee of Rs. 500||26th – 31st March 2018|
|Correction in the application form||4th week of April 2018|
|Availability of Admit Card||24th April – 10th May 2018|
|MHT CET 2018 Exam Date||10th May 2018|
|Submission of documents/ certificates||2nd – 3rd week of May 2018|
|Display of provisional answer key||26th May 2018|
|Display of final answer key||1st week of June 2018|
|Declaration of Results||3rd June 2018|
|MH CET 2018 Counselling||7th June 2018|
MHT CET Counselling 2018
MH CET 2018 counselling is an important process for all the candidates who have taken the exam, have qualified the exam and are awaiting the admission to the respective colleges. The MHT CET 2018 counselling had begun from 7th June 2018. Counselling procedure involves seat allotment and admission to the allotted institute. It will be held in 3 rounds through Centralized Admission Process (CAP). There may be additional CAP rounds held to fill up the vacant seats if the need arises. Seat allotment will be done on the basis of Merit list and candidates with higher rank will be given preference over others.
Four steps to MHT CET counselling Registration have been given below:
- Filling online application to participate in CAP counselling round 1.
- Visiting the facilitation centre for document verification
- Display of provisional merit list.
- Reporting to the allotted institute.
During counselling, candidates will have to fill in the choice of college and course and lock the same. There will, however, be options like float, slide and freeze for the flexibility of the candidate with his/her options.
After the final round of CAP, candidates will have to report to the allotted institute.
MHT CET 2018 Result
Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra has announced the result of MHT CET 2018. The result was announced on 3rd June 2018. The result was declared on dtemaharashtra.gov.in. Candidates had to visit the website and log in to the account by entering their login ID and password/date of birth. The result was displayed in the form of a scorecard/ rank card and will not be sent personally to any candidate by post. All candidates who have taken the exam should download the result and take a print out of the same for future preferences.
MHT CET 2018 Answer key
The MHT CET 2018 Answer key to all the questions asked in the exam was released by the exam conducting authority ion 26th May 2018. This was the provisional answer key that the candidates could check and challenge in case they were not satisfied with an answer. After this, the final answer key will be released after the challenges sent by the candidate have been reviewed. The official authority has also upload the OMR answer sheet of the candidate from 26th May till 2nd June 2018.
MHTCET 2018 Official Notification
Aspirants can get all the exam related important dates and updates here.
Changes in MHT CET 2018
- Class 11th syllabus will have only 20% weightage and the rest 80% weightage will be given to class 12th syllabus.
- DTE has increased the difficulty level of MHT CET 2018. By this provision, the exam paper of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics will be equal to the level of JEE and the Biology paper will be equal to the difficulty level of NEET, that is conducted by CBSE
Admit Card For MHT CET 2018
An admit card is the most important document that a candidate must carry to the examination hall. Sometimes an admit card is also referred to as the hall ticket. It acts as a proof that the candidate giving the exam has registered and filled the application form of the exam. The absence of the hall ticket on the day of the exam can debar him/her from taking the exam. MHT CET 2018 admit card had been released after the application process was over. It was available for download on the official website from 24th April till 10th May 2018. After DTE Maharashtra had released the admit card online, candidates had to go to the official website and provide their login Id and password/date of birth (as asked) to view and download the admit card. MH CET 2018 hall ticket will carry important details like the candidate’s name, exam center detail, exam timings and date, candidate’s signature and general instructions to take the exam.
MHT CET 2018 Admit card released. Download your hall ticket of MHT CET 2018 here.
MHT CET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility criteria are the parameters relating to the age, educational qualification, domicile, etc, set by the exam conducting authority. All candidates planning to pursue the undergraduate courses of B. Tech, B.E., B. Pharm and Pharm D courses will have to fulfill all the eligibility criteria before filling up the online application form. MHT CET 2018 general eligibility criteria are given below:
- Candidate should be a citizen of India.
- He/she should have passed the 10+2 or equivalent from any recognized board/university.
- Candidates appearing for their class 12th examination in the year 2018 can also apply for MH CET 2018 exam.
- There is no age limit restriction to take MH CET 2018 examination.
Candidates who want to read more about the eligibility criteria set for admission to different courses – Click Here
MHT CET 2018 Application Form
MHT CET 2018 Application form filling and submission with late fee of Rs. 500 was from 26th March – 31st March 2018. To take an entrance exam, students had to compulsorily fill a Registration/Application form of MH CET 2018. The Application form is an important part of the examination process. Here are some points that need to be kept in mind while filling up the application form.
- MH CET 2018 Application Form had been released on 18th January 2018 on the official website – dtemaharashtra.gov.in and was available until 25th March 2018.
- Application forms sent by post/courier will be rejected.
- Candidates had to register at the official website and confirm it for further application form filling.
- Candidates who fill the application form after the last date had to fill the form with a late fee of Rs 500/- on 26th – 31st March 2018.
- While filling up the application form, candidates will have to upload the scanned images of their recent passport size photograph and signature.
- After this, the candidates will have to pay the application fee of Rs 800 for general category candidates from Maharashtra, outside Maharashtra and J&K Migrants and Rs 600 for SC, ST, VJ/DT- NT(A), NT(B), NT(C), NT(D), OBC, SBC] and Persons with Disability Candidates belonging to Maharashtra.
- The application fees can be paid by credit/ debit card, net banking, IMPS, cash card or mobile wallets.
- Applicants will have to submit the application form and take a print out of the confirmation page.
MH CET 2018 Exam Pattern
DTE Maharashtra decides the exam pattern for MHT CET. Exam pattern usually includes the mode of exam, marking scheme, the total number of questions, the type of questions, etc. For better preparation of the exam, every candidate must clearly know the exam pattern of MHT CET 2018.
- MH CET 2018 will be conducted in offline (pen-paper) mode.
- Candidates will have to appear for 3 papers i.e. Paper 1 – Mathematics and Paper 2 – Physics and Chemistry and Paper 3 – Biology (botany and zoology)
- Each paper will be held for 90 minutes.
- The question paper will be marked out of 100 each.
- Questions in Paper 1 will be marked out of 2 marks each while questions asked in Paper 2 and Paper 3 will be marked out 1 marks each.
- Paper 1 will be conducted in English only and Paper 2 and 3 will be held in English, Hindi, and Marathi.
|Paper||Subject||Total questions||Marks per questions||Total marks|
|Paper 2||Physics and Chemistry||50 + 50||1||100|
|Paper 3||Biology (Botany) |
Syllabus For MHT CET 2018
The syllabus of MH CET 2018 comprises of topics from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics of class 12th of Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education. The revised syllabus also includes topics from class 11th but according to the new notification, it will carry only 20% weightage. The rest 80% weightage will be given to Class 12th Physics and Mathematics.
Merit List of MHT CET 2018
After the MH CET 2018 results have been declared, a merit list will be released on 21st June 2018. The merit list is different from the results and will be released separately. First, the provisional merit list will be released based on the score obtained by the candidate in MHT CET 2018. candidates will get a chance to file grievances against the provisional merit list. The final merit list will be released after all the grievances have been looked into. Admission to B.Tech programmes will be offered based on the merit list of MHT VET 2018.
MHT CET 2018 Cut-off
The cut-off is the minimum qualifying marks required to be eligible for admission to B.Tech and B.E programmes. However, in some cases, the cut-off refers to the opening and the closing rank. In order to be eligible for admission, candidates must score marks that fall between the range of the opening and closing rank. The cut-off is released separately by different institutes and there is one which is released as the All India cut-off.
Candidates must have a look at the previous year’s cut-off so that they have an idea of the range of marks they need to score in the exam.