Maharshi Dayanand University commonly known as MDU was established in 1976 and named after saint Dayanand Saraswati. The University is located in Rohtak, Haryana. It is accredited by NAAC with “A” grade. The university offers courses in a number of fields of study at the undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral levels.
|Manav Rachna University Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
|Chandigarh University Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
|Lovely Professional University Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
|Bennett University 2019 Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
|Shiv Nadar University 2019 Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
Subscribe For Latest Updates
MDU established a Correspondence Cell in the year 1988 leading to the award of B.Ed. Degree. Directorate of Distance Education(DDE) of MDU, Rohtak offers 13 Undergraduate/ Postgraduate programmes, duly recognized by DEB, UGC, the admissions to which are made at its headquarters only since 2013.
Courses offered by MDU DDE
|Under Graduate||Bachelor of Arts||3 Years|
|Bachelor of Commerce||3 Years|
|Bachelor of Library & Information Science||1 Year|
|Post Graduate||Master of Commerce||2 Years|
|Master of Science (Mathematics)||2 Years|
|Master of Library & Information Science||1 Year|
|Master of Arts in English||2 Years|
|Master of Arts in Hindi||2 Years|
|Master of Arts in History||2 Years|
|Master of Arts in Political Science||2 Years|
|Master of Arts in Public Administration||2 Years|
|Master of Arts in Sanskrit||2 Years|
|Master of Arts in Economics||2 Years|
Important Dates of MDU DDE Admission 2019
Candidates must be aware of the application form procedure of Maharshi Dayanand University through Distance Mode. It is important that the applicant must keep visiting the website on a regular basis for any of the latest updates and notification. The schedule will provide the candidates with the important dates of the admission procedure which must be followed by the applicant. Once the official schedule is available, the applicant must save and download it so as not to miss any of the important dates and events.
Find the tentative schedule of MDU DDE Admission 2019 from the tabular format below. The official schedule will be available once it is announced by the University.
|Admission Schedule||Last date of Generation of Bank Challan||Last date of submission of Challan in Axis Bank||Last Date of Submission of Print copy of form and a copy of Bank Challan in DDE office|
|Without Late fee||Last Week of Aug. 2019||1st week of Sep. 2019||1st week of Sep. 2019|
|With Late fee of Rs. 500/-||Last Week of Oct. 2019||1st week of Nov. 2019||2nd week of Nov. 2019|
|With Late fee of Rs. 1000/-||Last week of Dec. 2019||1st week of Jan. 2019||2nd week of Jan. 2019|
MDU DDE Admission Eligibility Criteria 2019
|B.A./B.Com. (Part-I)||A. Senior Secondary Examination (10+2) from the Board of School Education, Haryana, Bhiwani|
B. Diploma in Pharmacy Course (for B.A. only)
C. Three Year professional diploma programmes conducted by the State Board of Technical Education, Haryana without passing English and Hindi subject at 10+2 level for admission to B.A. and B.Com. Courses only.
D. Two Years Diploma Courses under the aegis of Department of Technical Education, Haryana, Panchkula and affiliated to Haryana State Board of Technical Education, Panchkula is equivalent to 10+2 Course of Senior Secondary Level awarded by Haryana School Education Board, Bhiwani.
E. Any other examination recognized by Academic Council of the Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak as equivalent to (a) or (b) or (c) above
|B.A./B.Com (Part-II/Part-III)||The candidate shall be treated as promoted to the next class automatically unless detained from appearing in an examination on any genuine grounds.|
|Bachelor of Library & Information Science (B.L.I.Sc.)||Bachelor Degree from recognized University or its equivalent.|
|M.A.(Previous): English/Hindi/Sanskrit/Economics/History/Political Science/Public Administration||Bachelor’s degree/Shastri examination (New Scheme) of three-year duration or any other examination recognized by Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak as equivalent thereto.|
|M.Sc.(Mathematics) (Previous)||Bachelor’s degree of three-year duration with Mathematics as one of the subjects in each year or any other examination recognized by Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak as equivalent thereto.|
|M.Com. (Previous)||B.Com.(Hons./Pass)/BBA/BA with Economics/Commerce/Marketing/Insurance as a subject or any other examination recognized by Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak as equivalent thereto.|
|Master of Library & Information Science (M.L.I.Sc.)||B.L.I.Sc. from Maharshi Dayanand University or from any other recognized University or any degree recognized or equivalent thereof.|
- The candidates having a compartment in the qualifying examination shall not be allowed admission to M.Com/M.A./M.Sc.
- Graduation Examination in one sitting after the passing Session 1998-99 shall not be allowed admission to M.Com/M.A./M.Sc.
MDU DDE 2019 Application Form
The MDU Online Application form for admission is available on the website. The candidates seeking admission may visit the website and fill the MDU Application form by following the procedure.
Before filling the MDU Application form, the candidate should have:
- Information Brochure of MDU.
- Scanned copy of Photograph and Signature ensuring that both the Photograph and Signature are within the required specifications as given below:
- Scanned images of photograph, signature and thumb impression in JPG/JPEG format.
- Size of the photo image should be up to 50 KB.
- Size of the signature should be up to 30 KB.
- Size of the thumb impression should be up to 50 KB.
- Keep necessary details/documents ready (like Matriculation, Senior Secondary, Degree etc.)
- Note down your Username and Password for subsequent login.
- The fee can be paid through e-challan at any branch of Punjab National Bank or Axis Bank.
- The student should submit his/her Print Application Form along with required documents in the Directorate as per Admission Notification, failing which late fee will be charged or admission will be cancelled.
Steps to fill the MDU DDE Application form 2019 for admission in New Course
- Visit the official website of MDU: http://mdudde.net, Distance Education and click on the link given for registration.
- New students will select ‘Fresh Registration’.
- Click on register and a new dialogue box will appear where it will ask if the student is already an MDU student.
- A Candidate who is not from MDU will click on ‘No’ and students from MDU will click on ‘Yes’.
- The candidates are required to fill up the complete application form and click on ‘Save and Proceed’.
- Fill the next required information and register.
- After registration, note down Student ID and password for future reference.
- Login using Student ID and password.
- After login, fill personal details, address, qualifications, course, upload required images and click on make payment button to get a print copy of Challan.
- Pay your Course fee with Challan in any branch of Punjab National Bank or Axis Bank.
- After depositing fee in the bank you will receive a new Password through another SMS and email.
- Click on Registration & Module Booking link on the left side of the screen. Select subjects and get a print copy of Application Form which is to be submitted in the office of Directorate of Distance Education, Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak.
Admission Procedure of MDU DDE 2019
- The admission of students for the programmes offered/to be offered by the Directorate of Distance Education of the University, MDU is made once in a year as per the schedule notified.
- The admissions are to be made only on the basis of certificates issued by the recognized Board/University. No admission even provisional shall be made on the basis of the certificates issued by the Principal of a College.
- Admissions to the programmes offered by the DDE, MDU through distance mode will be allowed to all such candidates who are eligible as per provisions of the Ordinance and has submitted:
- Complete the online Admission Form.
- The print copy of the admission form duly signed by the candidate.
- Required documents.
- Fee deposit proof.
- Identity Card (with duly affixed photographs) as per specimen is given in the Information Brochure available on the DDE website.
- All fees/dues will be accepted through online mode in the designated banks through bank challans only.
- Candidates are advised to clearly opt for the correct options for Papers having options in the Online Admission Forms, failing which a prescribed fee shall be charged for change of subject/course/option.
- A candidate whose result is declared late by the Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak/Board of School Education, Haryana, for no fault of his/her, if otherwise eligible, may be allowed admission to the corresponding higher class within 20 days from the date of declaration of result, without late fee (not applicable for compartment/re-appear/re-evaluation/UMC/Mercy Chance cases etc.).
- The candidates should ensure timely submission of all required documents and fees failing which it will be the responsibility of the student for any consequences.
- No migration certificate is required to be submitted by the candidates, including candidates who have passed their examination from any foreign University/Board.
- The Admission Form may be rejected under the following circumstances:
- The qualifying examination is not recognized by the Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak.
- Self-attested copy of certificates/DMC of the qualifying examination is/are not attached with the admission form.
- Original Certificate of the qualifying examination is not produced in the Directorate on demand.
- The admission form is incomplete or the required documents/photographs are not attached or not self-attested.
- Required fee is not remitted in full.
- The print copy of the admission form is/are not signed by the candidate.
- Names of papers/Correct options are not filled-up in the Admission Form.
MDU Fee Structure
The Fee Structure of the courses offered by the University is given below in the table.
|Name of Programme||Total fee payable at the time of admission|
|Annual fee for General Category students (in Rupees)||Annual fee for|
(i) SC/ST category of Haryana only
(ii) Working defence personnel upto the level of JCO (having no financial aid)
(iii) University employees/wards/spouse (in Rupees)
|Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)||6000||3750|
|Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com.)||6500||4250|
|Master of Arts (Hindi)||7000||4250|
|Master of Arts (English)||7000||4250|
|Master of Arts (Sanskrit)||7000||4250|
|Master of Arts (Economics)||7000||4250|
|Master of Arts (Political Science)||7000||4250|
|Master of Arts (Public Admn.)||7000||4250|
|Master of Arts (History)||7000||4250|
|Master of Science (Mathematics)||8000||4750|
|Master of Commerce (M.Com.)||8000||4750|
|Bachelor of Library & Information Science||11500||8250|
|Master of Library & Information Science||12000||8750|