KVPY 2019: Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) exam is held to grant scholarship to the candidates. This Scholarship programme is established by the Department of Science and Technology (DST) of the Government of India and is run by the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore. This national level Scholarship programme is up to Pre-PhD level. Candidates who will be applying for the Scholarship programme will have to fill up the Application Form and submit it before the due date. The aim is to encourage the candidates to pursue the research in ‘PureScience’. The Institute conducts the examination and an interview for the selection of the candidates for the Scholarship programme. Only those applicants who will successfully register themselves will be eligible to appear for the examination. It will be important that they must be presented with an Admit Card on the day of the examination. For more of the details regarding KVPY 2019 go through the article from below.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
- Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) is a national level examination administered by the Indian Institute of Science.
- The aim if this programme is to encourage young students to take up research in the field of basic science.
- It is conducted to provide scholarship upto pre-Ph. D level to the selected candidates.
- The advertisement for KVPY appears in all the National Dailies on Technology Day (May 11) and second Sunday of July every Year.
- The KVPY exam for the fellowship programme is conducted every year in the month of November and the interview for the same is held in between January to February.
- The Answer keys of the same were released on the KVPY IISC official website i.e. www.kvpy.iisc.ernet.in within 15-20 days of aptitude test.
- The results of KVPY 2019 will be published in the month of December 2019.
KVPY Important Dates 2019
Candidates will have to keep themselves updated with the latest release of the schedule which will be available only on the official website of the Institute. It is advised that the applicant must keep visiting the website on a regular basis. The officially released schedule will provide the candidates all the important events of the Scholarship programme. It is advised that once the schedule will be available, the candidate has to save and download the schedule.
The official schedule of KVPY will be available as soon as it is announced by the authorities. Meanwhile, go through the tentative schedule of KVPY from the tabular format below.
|The release of online KVPY application form 2019||July 2019|
|Last date to fill the form||4th week of August 2019|
|Availability of Admit card||3rd week of October 2019|
|Exam date||1st week of November 2019|
|KVPY Answer key 2019||4th week of November 2019|
|Announcement of Result||3rd week of December 2019|
|Interview Round||3rd week of January 2020|
KVPY Application Form 2019
All candidates have to fill and submit the KVPY 2019 Application Form in the online mode only. It will be necessary that the applicants must get themselves registered to apply for the Scholarship programme. Only the candidates who have successfully submitted the Application Form will be eligible to appear for the entrance test. The form will be available on the official website and the applicants will have to visit it on a regular basis so as not to miss any of the important dates and the events. Applicants are advised that they must go through the Information Brochure very carefully before proceeding for the Application Form and then only get themselves registered for the exam. It is required that they must fulfil the eligibility criteria as prescribed by the authorities. The form must be filled with the utmost care and any form of error must be avoided by the applicant while filling up the form.
The candidate will have to provide the Personal Information, Academic information, Contact details, upload Photograph and the signature and the mentioned documents as per the specification mentioned in the Information Bulletin. The candidate must note that the details mentioned in the form must be valid and correct as any form of discrepancy will prohibit the candidate from accessing the Scholarship. No section of the form must be left without any information and the detail. The incomplete forms will not be accepted by the authorities. Candidates will be able to access the Admit Card only if they have submitted the Application Form successfully. The final submission of the Application will only be after the payment of the Application Fee. The amount of the Application Fee will be mentioned in the Information Brochure released by the authorities.
KVPY 2019 Eligibility Criteria
All students applying for the exam must make sure that they fit all the eligibility criteria set by the KVPY 2019 Exam conducting authority. Applicants must make sure that they fill the application form only if they fit the eligibility criteria given below:
- Candidate must be a citizen of India.
For SA Stream (students studying in class 11th)
- Candidates studying in Class 11th (Science stream) can apply in this stream.
- Candidates must have passed class 10th with Mathematics and Science subjects like physics chemistry and biology.
- Candidate belonging to the general category must have secured a minimum of 80% marks in aggregate and the students of reserved category SC/ST/PwD need to secure 70% marks.
For SX Stream (students studying in class 12th)
- Candidates who have studied in class 12th (Science Stream) can apply in this stream.
- Candidate must have passed class 12th with Mathematics and Science subjects (PCB).
- Candidates belonging to the general category have to score a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate in Science subjects(PCB) in Class 12th. Reserved category students of SC/ST/PwD must score at least 50% in the said subjects.
- General category Candidates must have obtained at least 80% marks in aggregate in class 10th. Students belonging to the SC/ST/PwD category must have obtained at least 70%.
For SB Stream (students studying in 1st year)
- Candidates who have enrolled in the first year of undergraduate programme in Basic Science courses (Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics and Biology) leading to B. Sc/ BS/ B. Math/ B. Stat/ MS/ Int. M. Sc can apply for this exam.
- Candidates belonging to the general category must have obtained at least 60% marks in aggregate in 10+2 examination. Reserved category candidates must have obtained at least 50% marks in the same.
- Candidates also have to pass their first year of graduation final examination and secure at least 60% marks (50% marks for SC/ST/PWD).
KVPY Examination Pattern 2019
Candidates who will be appearing for KVPY exam will have to make themselves aware of the examination pattern of the course for which they will be appearing. It will help them in knowing the forms of questions asked in the exam. Knowing the pattern of the questions, candidates will be able to qualify the exam in order to proceed with the procedure further.
The exam pattern for KVPY 2019 is briefed out in the points below:
- The exam will be conducted in online mode.
- The medium of the question paper will be both English and Hindi.
- All the questions will be of objective type and the exam will be held for a duration of 3 hours.
- KVPY 2018 question paper will be marked out of a total of 100 marks. The paper will be divided into two parts.
- In Part 1, 1 mark will be awarded for every correct answer and 0.25 marks will be deducted for incorrect answer.
- In part 2, 2 marks will be awarded to each correct answer and 0.5 marks will be deducted for every incorrect response.
KVPY 2019 Syllabus
The syllabus for KVPY is based on class 10th, class 12th and 1st year of B. Sc/ BS/ B. Stat/ B. Math/ MS/ Int. M. Sc. The topics covered in these three years from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from the syllabus of the KVPY 2019 exam. It should, however, be noted that there is no pre-defined syllabus for the exam. The aptitude test is formed to check the analytical ability and the understanding of the candidate. All candidates planning to take the exam must make sure that they go through all the topics and understand the concept to be eligible for the fellowship programme.
KVPY Admit Card 2019
KVPY 2019 Admit Card will be available in an online mode on the official website. Candidates who have successfully submitted the Application Form will be eligible to download the Admit Card. The availability of the Admit card will be as per on the date as prescribed by the authorities of the admission. The link of KVPY Admit card will be available on the website and the applicant will have to provide the correct and valid details in the login section of the Admit card. The applicant must note that the credentials provided in the login section have to be correct, the Admit card will not be accessible otherwise. It is important that the applicant must be presented with an Admit card on the day of the exam. The absence of the Admit card will prohibit the candidate from appearing for the exam.
Once the Admit Card of KVPY is available, the candidate must go through it thoroughly. The details provided on the Admit Card will be the Name of the candidate, Course Name, Application Number, Roll Number, centre allotted to the candidate, date and timing of the exam and the instructions to be followed by the candidate on the day of the examination. The applicant must go through the details mentioned very carefully and in case if any form of error is found in the Admit Card, the applicant will have to contact the examination authorities immediately. It is advised that the applicant must get the multiple photocopies of the Admit card on the day of the examination, in case the downloaded one gets lost or damaged on the day of the examination.
KVPY Answer Key 2019
The Answer Key of KVPY will be available as per on the announced date. The availability of the Answer key will be after the exam of KVPY is held successfully. Candidates who successfully appeared for the exam will be able to go through the Answer Key. The link of the Answer key will be available as per on the date as mentioned in the officially released schedule. Once the Answer Key is available, the candidate will have to download it and cross-check the answers marked by them in the exam to the answers mentioned in the Answer Key of KVPY. The availability of the Answer Key will help the candidates in getting an estimation of the marks to be secured by the candidate in KVPY exam.
The officially released Answer Key will be available only on the official website. The authorities also provide an opportunity for the candidates who find any of the objections in the answers of the Answer Key. The objection window will be available within the given time period and candidates will have to follow up the procedure to submit their objection. They will have to provide the question and the answer which they claim to be correct. It must be noted that the candidate will have to submit the objection only within the given time period. The authorities will also provide the date for the release of the revised Answer Key. No objections or other complaints will be entertained after the release of the revised Answer Key of KVPY.
KVPY Result 2019
The Results of Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana 2019 will be released by IISc (Indian Institute of Science), Bangalore before the end of December 2019. The KVPY 2019 result will be available for download in the online mode only. The candidates who appeared for the exam will be able to check the result and see if they have qualified the exam or not. The link of KVPY Result will be available as per on the date as announced by the examination conducting authorities. It will be important for the candidates that they qualify the exam in order to access the Scholarship. The credentials to download and check the Result of KVPY has to be valid and correct, the result will not be accessible with the wrong details. Once the Result PDF is available, the applicant will have to go through the details very carefully.
The Result PDF will provide all the important details. The PDF will mention the information such as the Name of the candidate, Application Number, roll number, marks secured by the candidate, rank of the candidate, status of the result and the instructions to be followed by the applicant once the result is declared. The Result of KVPY has to be downloaded and saved by the candidate and it is advised to get the multiple photocopies of the candidates. If any form of error is found in the Result PDF, the candidate will have to contact the authorities immediately before proceeding for the procedure further. It is advised that the applicant must get the copy of the Result of KVPY on the final day of the admission.
KVPY 2019 Cut-off
KVPY Cutoff will be released in December 2019. After the declaration of Results of KVPY, the cut-off is also released. The cut-off is the lowest defined marks that a candidate must obtain in order to qualify the exam. The cut-off has been released online.
The KVPY Cut Off 2019 is given below:
- Stream SA (GN and OBC) – 45 marks out of 100
Stream SA – SC/ST – 32 marks out of 100
Stream SA – PWD – 32 marks out of 100
- Stream SB (GN and OBC)- 43 marks out of 100
Stream SB – SC/ST -30 marks out of 100
Stream SB – PWD – 30 marks out of 100
- Stream SX (GN and OBC) – 53 marks out of 100
Stream SX – SC/ST – 40 marks out of 100
Stream SX – PWD – 40 marks out of 100
All candidates who qualify the examination will be called for the selection procedure commonly known as the interview round. The performance of the candidates will be the sole basis for selection. The interview round will be held tentatively in January 2020.
Information for the interview like timings, venue, and date will be sent to the candidate through email on his/her registered email id. The following documents have to be carried to the interview round:
- KVPY 2019 Application Form
- KVPY 2019 Admit Card
- KVPY 2019 Interview Call Letter
- Class X & XII Original Marks Sheet
- Category Certificate
- A Self-Appraisal Form
- Study certificate Form
To know more about KVPY 2019 Selection Procedure:- click here
On successful completion of the exam and interview round, candidates will be granted a scholarship.