KVPY Eligibility Criteria 2019: Candidates who are going to appear in the KVPY 2019 have to first fill the application form for the same. Candidates must make sure that they are eligible to apply. Details of KVPY Eligibility criteria 2019 have been given in this article. Candidates can check the KVPY 2019 eligibility criteria given for each stream.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Before the registration and filling up of the application form for KVPY 2019, candidates must check all the eligibility criteria based on certain parameters like age, nationality and educational qualification. some eligibility criteria like those that fall under educational qualification, is set differently for different streams of SA, SX, and SB.
- Candidate must be a citizen of India.
For SA Stream (students studying in class 11th)
- Candidates studying in Class 11th (Science stream) can apply in this stream.
- Candidates must have passed class 10th with Mathematics and Science subjects like physics chemistry and biology.
- Candidate belonging to the general category must have secured a minimum of 80% marks in aggregate and the students of reserved category SC/ST/PwD need to secure 70% marks.
For SX Stream (students studying in class 12th)
- Candidates who have studied in class 12th (Science Stream) can apply in this stream.
- Candidate must have passed class 12th with Mathematics and Science subjects (PCB).
- Candidates belonging to the general category have to score a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate in Science subjects(PCB) in Class 12th. Reserved category students of SC/ST/PwD must score at least 50% in the said subjects.
- General category Candidates must have obtained at least 80% marks in aggregate in class 10th. Students belonging to the SC/ST/PwD category must have obtained at least 70%.
For SB Stream (students studying in 1st year)
- Candidates who have enrolled in the first year of the undergraduate programme in Basic Science courses (Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics and Biology) leading to B. Sc/ BS/ B. Math/ B. Stat/ MS/ Int. M. Sc can apply for this exam.
- Candidates belonging to the general category must have obtained at least 60% marks in aggregate in 10+2 examination. Reserved category candidates must have obtained at least 50% marks in the same.
- Candidates also have to pass their first year of graduation final examination and secure at least 60% marks (50% marks for SC/ST/PWD).
- There are additional fellowships that are exclusively reserved for candidates belonging to the SC/ST community. The eligibility criteria mentioned above will operate for these category students also.
- There are also fellowships that are exclusively reserved for candidates belonging to the Physically Handicapped category. This category includes both physically and visually challenged candidates. The eligibility criteria mentioned above will operate for these category students also.
Please note that students who are pursuing an undergraduate course in basic science courses under the distance education scheme or through correspondence are not eligible to apply for the exam.