KVPY 2018 results have been declared on 21st December 2018. The cutoff for various categories has also been made available. The exam was held on November 4, 2018. The Answer key and question paper of KVPY 2018 was released by IISC Bangalore. Applicants can download KVPY answer key and question paper for SA and SB/SX Stream. KVPY 2018 is a scholarship programme funded by the Department of Science and Technology of the Government of India. All Candidates who are going to take the KVPY examination 2018 can check all the details related to the KVPY Application form, Eligibility criteria, Syllabus, Exam pattern, Result etc.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
The result of KVPY Aptitude test held on 4th November 2018 has been released on 21st December 2018. Click here to check the list of qualified candidates.
|Lovely Professional University 2019 Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
KVPY Cutoff has been announced for various category candidates. Click here to check the cutoff.
The interviews are likely to be held during January 15, 2019 – February 20, 2019.
KVPY 2018 Answer key and question paper released – Click here
KVPY 2018 Application Form
All candidates have to fill and submit the KVPY 2018 Application Form in the online mode only. Brief application form details are given below:
- There is no other mode to fill the application form.
- Candidates could register for the KVPY exam from the 11th of July 2018.
- The last date for KVPY 2018 Registration is 7th September 2018.
- Candidates have to fill their personal and academic details, choose test centre & upload photograph, signature & other certificates as applicable.
- Before filling the KVPY registration form, candidates must read the instruction carefully.
- Keep the printout of the filled application form for future use.
An application fee has to be paid by the candidate. They can either pay through online mode like credit/debit card or net banking or in offline mode through Challan. General category candidates have to pay Rs. 1000 whereas SC/ST/PwD category candidates have to pay Rs. 500/-.
- Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) is a national level examination administered by the Indian Institute of Science.
- The aim if this programme is to encourage young students to take up research in the field of basic science.
- It is conducted to provide scholarship upto pre-Ph. D level to the selected candidates.
- The advertisement for KVPY appears in all the National Dailies on Technology Day (May 11) and second Sunday of July every Year.
- The KVPY exam for the fellowship programme is conducted every year in the month of November and the interview for the same is held in between January to February.
- The Answer keys of the same were released on the KVPY IISC official website i.e. www.kvpy.iisc.ernet.in within 15-20 days of aptitude test.
- The results of KVPY 2018 have been published on 21st December 2018.
KVPY Important Dates 2018
All the students who are interested in becoming a part of the fellowship programme must know all the important details related to the exam like the date of the exam, date of interview etc.
|Release of online application form||11th July 2018 Announced|
|Last date to fill the form||7th September 2018 Announced|
|Availability of Admit card||12th October 2018|
|Exam date||4th November 2018 Announced|
|KVPY Answer key 2018||9th November, 2018|
|Announcement of Result||21st December 2018|
|Interview Round||January 15, 2019 – February 20, 2019.|
KVPY 2018 Eligibility Criteria
All students applying for the exam must make sure that they fit all the eligibility criteria set by the KVPY 2018 Exam conducting authority. Applicants must make sure that they fill the application form only if they fit the eligibility criteria given below:
- Candidate must be a citizen of India.
For SA Stream (students studying in class 11th)
- Candidates studying in Class 11th (Science stream) can apply in this stream.
- Candidates must have passed class 10th with Mathematics and Science subjects like physics chemistry and biology.
- Candidate belonging to the general category must have secured a minimum of 80% marks in aggregate and the students of reserved category SC/ST/PwD need to secure 70% marks.
For SX Stream (students studying in class 12th)
- Candidates who have studied in class 12th (Science Stream) can apply in this stream.
- Candidate must have passed class 12th with Mathematics and Science subjects (PCB).
- Candidates belonging to the general category have to score a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate in Science subjects(PCB) in Class 12th. Reserved category students of SC/ST/PwD must score at least 50% in the said subjects.
- General category Candidates must have obtained at least 80% marks in aggregate in class 10th. Students belonging to the SC/ST/PwD category must have obtained at least 70%.
For SB Stream (students studying in 1st year)
- Candidates who have enrolled in the first year of undergraduate programme in Basic Science courses (Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics and Biology) leading to B. Sc/ BS/ B. Math/ B. Stat/ MS/ Int. M. Sc can apply for this exam.
- Candidates belonging to the general category must have obtained at least 60% marks in aggregate in 10+2 examination. Reserved category candidates must have obtained at least 50% marks in the same.
- Candidates also have to pass their first year of graduation final examination and secure at least 60% marks (50% marks for SC/ST/PWD).
KVPY 2018 Exam pattern
The exam pattern for KVPY 2018 is briefed out in the points below:
- The exam will be conducted in online mode.
- The medium of the question paper will be both English and Hindi.
- All the questions will be of objective type and the exam will be held for a duration of 3 hours.
- KVPY 2018 question paper will be marked out of a total of 100 marks. The paper will be divided into two parts.
- In Part 1, 1 mark will be awarded for every correct answer and 0.25 marks will be deducted for incorrect answer.
- In part 2, 2 marks will be awarded to each correct answer and 0.5 marks will be deducted for every incorrect response.
KVPY 2018 Syllabus
The syllabus for KVPY is based on class 10th, class 12th and 1st year of B. Sc/ BS/ B. Stat/ B. Math/ MS/ Int. M. Sc. The topics covered in these three years from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from the syllabus of the KVPY 2018 exam. It should, however, be noted that there is no pre-defined syllabus for the exam. The aptitude test is formed to check the analytical ability and the understanding of the candidate. All candidates planning to take the exam must make sure that they go through all the topics and understand the concept to be eligible for the fellowship programme.
KVPY Admit Card 2018
KVPY 2018 Admit Card has been released on 12th October 2018. To download the KVPY admit card, candidates will have to enter the user name and password used at the time of registration. The application process is now over and the exam conducting authority has published the admit card also known as the hall ticket.
KVPY Result 2018
The Results of Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana 2018 will be released by IISc (Indian Institute of Science), Bangalore before the end of December 2018. The KVPY 2018 result will be available for download in the online mode only. Candidates will have to visit the official website to view and download the result. A print out of it is necessary for counselling.
Based on the marks obtained by the candidate, IISc will also publish a merit list in the descending order of marks. Candidates whose names appear on the list will be called for the interview round that will be held in the month of January 2019. The merit list will be published category – wise, with the names and application number of the candidate.
KVPY 2018 Cut-off
KVPY Cutoff has been declared on 21st December 2018. After the declaration of Results of KVPY, the cut-off is also released. The cut-off is the lowest defined marks that a candidate must obtain in order to qualify the exam. The cut-off has been released online.
The KVPY Cut Off 2018 is given below:
- Stream SA (GN and OBC) – 45 marks out of 100
Stream SA – SC/ST – 32 marks out of 100
Stream SA – PWD – 32 marks out of 100
- Stream SB (GN and OBC)- 43 marks out of 100
Stream SB – SC/ST -30 marks out of 100
Stream SB – PWD – 30 marks out of 100
- Stream SX (GN and OBC) – 53 marks out of 100
Stream SX – SC/ST – 40 marks out of 100
Stream SX – PWD – 40 marks out of 100
According to the latest KVPY notice :
“As the selection process is not yet over, the marks of the student will not be available now. However, the marks of all the students selected/not selected will be published on the KVPY website during April 2019, after the entire selection process including interviews is completed.”
All candidates who qualify the examination will be called for the selection procedure commonly known as the interview round. The performance of the candidates will be the sole basis for selection. The interview round will be held tentatively in between 15th January and February 2019.
Information for the interview like timings, venue, and date will be sent to the candidate through email on his/her registered email id. The following documents have to be carried to the interview round:
- KVPY 2018 Application Form
- KVPY 2018 Admit Card
- KVPY 2018 Interview Call Letter
- Class X & XII Original Marks Sheet
- Category Certificate
- A Self-Appraisal Form
- Study certificate Form
To know more about KVPY 2018 Selection Procedure:- click here
On successful completion of the exam and interview round, candidates will be granted a scholarship.