Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, Kerala has released the KEAM Exam Pattern 2024. Those who are willing to appear in the exam must be aware of the paper pattern of KEAM 2024. The test pattern of the KEAM exam gives the idea to students about the structure of the question paper. The information which the candidates get through the exam pattern is the no. of questions that will be asked in the exam, total marks, marking scheme, etc. On the basis of this information, candidates can prepare for the exam accordingly.
Check Eligibility For KEAM Exam
KEAM 2024 exam will take place for two papers on two different dates. 1st paper will consist of Physics and Chemistry & 2nd Paper will have Mathematics/Biology.
KEAM Exam Pattern Highlights
|Examination Mode||Offline (Pen & Paper)|
|Language of the Exam||English|
|Question Type||MCQ (Multiple Choice Question Types)|
|Exam Duration||2 hr 30 minutes ( 150 minutes)|
|Total Number of Questions|
- Physics & Chemistry – 120 Questions
- Mathematics – 120 Questions
- Paper 1 – Physics and Chemistry
- Paper 2 – Mathematics
- 4 marks will be awarded for every correct answer
- 1 mark will be deducted for an incorrect response.
KEAM 2024 Marking Scheme
The marking scheme of KEAM 2024 can be checked from the table below.
|Admission Open 2023|
|Uttaranchal University Admission Open||Apply Now!!|
|Paper||Subjects||No. of questions||Marks||Time||Question type|
|Paper 1||Physics and chemistry||120||480||150 minutes||MCQs|
|Paper 2||Mathematics||120||480||150 minutes|
KEAM 2024 Syllabus
Candidates preparing for the exam must make sure that they check the KEAM 2024 syllabus. The syllabus will carry all the topics from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. The syllabus will include topics from the 11th and 12th classes. Candidates can note down the whole KEAM 2024 syllabus given below for better preparation.
- Sets, Relations And FunctionsComplex Numbers
- Quadratic Equations
- Sequences and Series
- Permutations, Combinations, Binomial Theorem and Mathematical Induction
- Matrices and Determinants
- Linear Inequations
- Mathematical Logic and Boolean Algebra
|Trigonometry||Trigonometric functions and Inverse Trigonometric functions|
- Cartesian System of Rectangular CoordinatesLines and Family of lines
- Circles and Family of circles
- Conic sections
- Three Dimensional Geometry
- Functions, Limits and continuityDifferentiation
- Application of Derivatives
- Indefinite Integrals
- Definite Integrals
- Differential Equations
- Introduction and MeasurementDescription of Motion in One Dimension
- Description of Motion in Two and Three Dimensions
- Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy and Power
- Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body Rotation
- Mechanics of Solids and Fluids
- Heat and Thermodynamics
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effect of Current and Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiations
- Atomic Nucleus
- Solids and Semiconductor Devices
- Principles of Communications
- Basic Concepts & Atomic Structure – Laws of chemical combination, Atomic structure bonding and Molecular Structure
- States of Matter – Gaseous state, Liquid state, Solid-state
- Periodic Properties of Elements and Hydrogen – Classification of elements, Hydrogen
- S-Block Elements and Principles of Metallurgy – Alkali metals, Alkaline earth metals, Principles of metallurgy
- P-Block Elements – General characteristics of p-block elements, Boron, Silica, Group 18 elements
- D-Block and F-Block Elements – d-Block elements, f-Block elements: Lanthanides
- Thermodynamics – System and surrounding, First law of thermodynamics, Second law of thermodynamics
- Chemical Equilibrium – Physical and chemical equilibria, Equilibria involving chemical systems, Concepts of acids and bases
- Solutions – Types of solutions, Colligative properties
- Redox Reactions and Electrochemistry – Oxidation and reduction, Faraday’s laws of electrolysis, Corrosion and its prevention
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry – Adsorption, Colloids
- Coordination Compounds and Organometallics
- Basic Principles, Purification and Characterization of Organic Compounds
- Hydrocarbons – Classification of hydrocarbons, Alkanes and cycloalkanes, Alkenes and alkynesAromatic hydrocarbons
- Organic Reaction Mechanism – Electronic displacement in a covalent bond, Common types of organic reactions
- Stereochemistry – Stereoisomerism
Organic Compounds with Functional Groups Containing:
- Halogens – Haloalkanes and haloarenes, Polyhalogen compounds
- Oxygen – Alcohols, Phenols, Ethers, Some commercially important compounds, Aldehydes, and ketones, Carboxylic acid
- Nitrogen – Amines
- Polymers and Biomolecules – Polymers, Biomolecules, Reducing and
- non-reducing sugars, Polysaccharides, Proteins, Vitamins
- Environmental Chemistry and Chemistry in Everyday Life
KEAM 2024 Preparation Tips
Those candidates who are preparing for the examination must make sure that they check out the KEAM 2024 preparation tips after they have made a note of the exam pattern and syllabus. With these two at hand, candidates must strategize their preparation with the tips given below.
- Candidates must know the correct and full syllabus of the KEAM 2024 examination.
- With the syllabus, candidates can collect the right study material. There are a lot of books and sample papers that are available for the preparation of KEAM.
- The candidates can solve the sample papers that will be available in the online mode on various websites as well as offline in bookstores. This will help the candidates in understanding the question-answer format.
- For effective preparation every day, students must make a timetable on a daily basis. This will help in the time management of the day.
- Candidates must cover all the topics and understand each concept.
- After completing the syllabus, candidates must revise all the chapters.