Commissioner for Entrance Examinations conducts the Kerala Engineering Architecture Medical (KEAM) each year at the state level. The exam takes place for the admission in the various courses such as engineering, agriculture, veterinary, forestry, and pharmacy courses. Admission in the medical and architecture admission in the state is done on the basis of NEET and NATA and score, respectively. For B.Tech admission, candidates have to clear the KEAM 2021 exam. 10+2 is the minimum eligibility requirement to fill the KEAM 2021 application form. The process of the KEAM 2021 will take place in an online mode. However, the application fees can be paid either in online or offline mode, as per the convenience of the candidates.
Check Eligibility For KEAM Exam
KEAM 2021 entrance exam will consist of 2 papers where 1st paper is Physics and Chemistry carry 120 questions and 2nd paper is Mathematics has 120 questions. KEAM admit card will be available online and only registered candidates will be able to download it. In order to get the full details on the KEAM Application dates & procedure, exam pattern, important documents to be uploaded, etc, read the article given below.
KEAM 2021- Important Dates
Candidates going to appear for the KEAM 2021 must be aware of the important dates. This is so that they don’t miss the chance to fill the form. Look at the table to be informative about the KEAM 2021 dates.
|KEAM 2021||Important Dates|
|KEAM Registration starts from||February 2021|
|Last date to submit the application form||February 2021|
|KEAM Application form correction window||March 2021|
|Last date to upload the documents||February 2021|
|Release of KEAM 2021 admit card||April 2021|
|KEAM 2021 exam date||April 2021|
|Release of KEAM answer keys||April/May 2021|
|Result of KEAM B.Tech Entrance Exam||May 2021|
KEAM 2021 Important Facts
- KEAM 2021 application procedure will take place only in the online mode.
- The application fee payment of the KEAM 2021 will take place in online and offline mode.
- In addition to the scanned photograph and signature, candidates also have to upload the certificates and documents in support of the various claims.
- KEAM 2021 exam will take place on two consecutive days. 1st-day paper i.e Physics and Chemistry and 2nd-day paper Mathematics.
KEAM Eligibility Criteria 2021
The candidates who are willing to appear for the KEAM 2021 exam must check the eligibility criteria in order to fill the form. Not all candidates can participate in the KEAM application procedure. So check the KEAM eligibility requirement in order to fill the form.
- Nationality: Only the Indian candidates can apply. However, Persons of Indian Origin (PIO)/Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) will also be considered eligible for KEAM 2021.
- Age Limit: There is no age limit for KEAM 2021. However, applicants should have completed 17 years of age as on the 31st December 2021.
- Academic Qualifications: Candidates should have passed 10+2 exam of state-level or equivalent exam from a recognized board.
- Qualifying Marks: 50% aggregate marks in Mathematics alone and 50% aggregate in Physics and Chemistry (45% aggregate for reserved category).
KEAM Application Form 2021
KEAM 2021 Application procedure will take place in an online mode. Candidates have to visit the official site of KEAM or the link will be provided at the time of the event. A list of information is asked in the KEAM application process. Candidates must be attentive while filling the form at one take. Check the process on how to fill the KEAM application form.
- Registration: This is the one-time procedure. Candidates have to register for the KEAM 2021 by entering certain details. This will fetch them the application no. Make a not that password has to be created by the candidate.
- Fill The Application Form: After having the application no. and password, candidates have to log in to the account and fill the application form. Details such as personal, educational, address, etc are to be entered in the online application form.
- Pay the application fee: After filling the application form, candidates have to pay the application fee. The application fee process will take place in an online and offline mode. Online mode payment can be done through net banking/ debit card/ credit card. On the other hand, the offline payment will take place through e-challan.
- Upload Images & Documents: Candidates have to upload the scanned photograph and signature as per the specifications. Apart from this, they also have to upload the list of documents.
- Print the confirmation page: After the process, candidates must take out the print of the confirmation page for future reference.
KEAM Application Fee
Check the application fee details as per the courses and category below. The application fee may or may not change. So look at the recently updated fee of KEAM.
|Engineering only/ B.Pharm only/ both||Rs. 700||Rs. 300||Nil|
|Architecture only/ Medical & Allied only/both||Rs. 500||Rs. 200||Nil|
|Both (a) and (b)||Rs. 900||Rs. 400||Nil|
|Candidates choosing ‘Dubai’ as Examination Centre||Rs. 12,000|
KEAM Exam Centres 2021
Candidates must be aware of the KEAM 2021 test centres so that they can fill the choice of the exam centre as per their convenience. So before filling the form, candidates must have the knowledge of the exam center. Candidates need to select their exam district as per their preference. The allotment of the KEAM exam centres will be done on the basis of the preference of the exam centres by candidates and the availability of the seats in the respective centre. Candidates will get the information regarding the allotted centers in the KEAM admit card. The KEAM hall ticket will contain the name and district of the allotted exam center.
KEAM Syllabus 2021
CEE will release the official syllabus of the KEAM 2021. Candidates preparing for the KEAM 2021 must know the syllabus of KEAM 2021. This is the base on which the exam takes place. KEAM 2021 syllabus consists of subjects such as Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry. Questions in the exam will come from these three subjects. Candidates should keep themselves updated with the latest syllabus so that they don’t miss any important topic.
KEAM Exam Pattern 2021
KEAM test will take place on two consecutive days. The exam paper included the 2 papers. 1st paper consists of Physics and Chemistry and 2nd paper in Mathematics. All the questions asked in the exam are MCQ based. Check the KEAM test pattern below.
|Paper 1||Physics||120||480||150 minutes (2.5 Hr)|
|Paper 2||Mathematics||120||480||150 minutes (2.5 Hr)|
KEAM Marking Scheme
|Correct Answer||4 marks|
|Wrong Answer||-1 Mark|
|No attempt||No marks|
KEAM Question Paper 2021
While preparing for KEAM, candidates must look at the KEAM previous year question paper. This helps the students to get familiar with the types of questions asked in the exam. Solving the KEAM sample paper boosts the preparation level of the students. Download KEAM Question Paper PDF and practice as much as you can to increase the probability of marks in the exam. Solve the paper on a daily basis after the completion of the syllabus. This will also let you know about the exam pattern and the segregation of the marks and questions as per the chapter.
KEAM Admit Card 2021
CEE will release the KEAM admit card 2021 in an online mode. Only the candidates who have registered themselves will be able to download KEAM Hall Ticket. In order to download the KEAM admit card, candidates have to login into the account by the required credentials. KEAM hall ticket is an important document which the candidates have to take on the day of the exam. KEAM 2021 admit card will contain a list of information such as candidate’s name, exam centre venue, roll no. etc. It acts as an identity card for the candidates. NO candidates will be allowed to enter the examination hall without the admit card.
KEAM Answer Key 2021
The concerned authority of KEAM will release the provisional as well as the final answer key. First of all KEAM provisional answer key will be released. This will consist of the correct responses to the questions asked in the exam. During this process, candidates can challenge the KEAM 2021 answer key if there is any. In order to challenge the answer key, candidates have to write to CEE along with the supporting documents and a fee of Rs.100/- per question by way of DD in favor of CEE, payable at Thiruvananthapuram.
Make sure that the challenging process must take place within 5 days from the date of publication of the answer keys on the website of the CEE. After dealing with the objections, the authorities will release the KEAM official answer key. After the release of the final answer key, no further modification or objections will be accepted. To calculate the score of KEAM 2021 follows the formula:
KEAM 2021 score = 4 X (no. of correct answers) – 1 X (no. of wrong answers)
KEAM Result 2021
The result of KEAM 2021 will come out in an online mode. So candidates must not look at some other mode apart from the online mode. The result will be released in the official website of KEAM. Candidates have to log in to the account using the application no. and date of birth. In this way, the candidates can view their scores on the screen. They must download the KEAM result and take the print of it.
|The result will not be declared for those who score less than 10|
|The final merit list and counselling procedure will be based on KEAM 2021 score and 10+2 marks. So make sure to submit the 10+2 mark sheet.|
KEAM Cut Off 2021
Cut off is the minimum marks which the candidates must have in order to clear the exam. CEE will release the KEAM 2021 cut off with respect to the category of the students, courses and the participating institutes. The KEAM Cut Off marks will differ as per the category and courses. KEAM admission 2021 cut off will be out in the form of opening and closing rank. Various factors are taken into account while preparing the cut-off. The factors are no. of candidates registered and appeared for the exam, the difficulty level of the paper, previous year cut off trend.
Check Reservation of Seats
Candidates can check the seat reservation from the table below:
|State Merit (SM)||60%|
|Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (SEBC)||30%|
|Scheduled Castes & Scheduled Tribes||10%|
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||8%|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||2%|
KEAM Merit LIst/ Rank List 2021
Merit list will be prepared by the authority on the basis of the KEAM 2021 score and 10+2 score. Thus equal weightage is given to the qualifying exam and the entrance exam. The candidates who clear the KEAM exam have to submit their 10+2 marks. So before the final allotment, candidates will have to submit their 12th standard scores. Thus KEAM rank list will come in an online mode and the shortlisted candidates will be able to participate in the counselling and seat allotment procedure.
In case of Tie Breaking situation while the Preparation of the KEAM Merit List.
The following steps are taken into account.
- The candidate who will score higher marks in maths is considered in KEAM 2021
- If the tie will still persist then the higher marks in Physics of the Physics & Chemistry Paper in the Entrance Examination is considered in KEAM 2021
- Again if the tie is still there, the candidate with higher standardized marks in Mathematics (12th Board)
- If the tie still persists, the candidate with higher standardized marks in Physics (12th Board)
- If the matter still continues then, the age of the candidate is taken and the older is placed higher in the ranking.
KEAM Counselling Seat Allotment 2021
Only those candidates can participate in the counselling process, who are listed on the rank list. The KEAM counselling process will take place via a centralized allotment process (CAP). In this candidates have to fill their preferred choices of colleges and courses in an online mode. After the trial allotment is conducted by the authorities, candidates will be able to change their choices.
After the completion of the Centralised allotment process, if the seats are vacant then this mop-up counselling will take place. However, the eligibility/claims of candidates to participate in a Mop-Up Counseling shall be in accordance with the conditions in the relevant Government Orders/Orders of the Hon’ble Courts, concerned Central Councils. The CEE is in authority to issue necessary orders regarding Mop-Up Counseling in due course.
KEAM Seat Allotment 2021
KEAM seat allotment will take place on the basis of the secured ranks, preferences and availability of seats of the candidates and the choices filled, candidates will be allotted seats. The allotted candidates will have to pay the required fee in online mode or at the nearest head post office. The first allotment result will be displayed online and the listed candidates have to download their memo, which carries their name, roll number, allotted course, and college. After this candidates have to visit the allotted colleges along with the required documents for verification and application fee. The second round will be processed for the other seats and the leftover candidates and so on. Three rounds of allotment will be conducted by the authorities along with a trial and mop-up round.