KEAM 2019 Syllabus: KEAM 2019 exam pattern will be made available for all candidates in the official KEAM 2019 brochure. The exam pattern of KEAM 2019 will carry all the details about the exam and question paper format. The syllabus will contain topics from Physics, chemistry and mathematics. Candidates can check the KEAM 2019 preparation tips for better preparation.
Check Eligibility For KEAM Exam
|Lovely Professional University 2019 Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
Also, See: KEAM 2019 Application Form by Clicking Here.
KEAM 2019 Exam Pattern
Appearing candidates must make sure that they check complete KEAM 2019 Exam pattern. The exam pattern will contain all details about the exam format and question Paper.
- KEAM 2019 exam will consist of two papers: Paper 1 (Physics and Chemistry) and Paper 2 (Mathematics)
- 2 hours 30 minutes will be allotted to each paper.
- The KEAM exam will be conducted in offline pen and paper-based mode.
- 120 multiple choice questions will be asked in the exam.
- Both Paper 1 (Physics and chemistry) and Paper 2 (Mathematics) will contain 120 questions each.
- Correct response will be awarded 4 marks and -1 will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
KEAM 2019 Marking Scheme
The marking scheme of KEAM 2019 can be checked from the table below.
|Paper||Subjects||No. of questions||Marks||Time||Question type|
|Paper 1||Physics and chemistry||120||480||150 minutes||MCQs|
|Paper 2||Mathematics||120||480||150 minutes|
KEAM 2019 Syllabus
Candidates preparing for the exam must make sure that they check the KEAM 2019 syllabus. The syllabus will carry all the topics from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The syllabus will include topics from 11th and 12th class. Candidates can note down the whole KEAM 2019 syllabus given below for better preparation.
KEAM Syllabus 2019 Mathematics
|Mathematics||Algebra||Sets, Relations And Functions
Sequences and Series
Permutations, Combinations, Binomial Theorem and Mathematical Induction
Matrices and Determinants
Mathematical Logic and Boolean Algebra
|Trigonometry||Trigonometric functions and Inverse Trigonometric functions|
|Geometry||Cartesian System of Rectangular Coordinates
Lines and Family of lines
Circles and Family of circles
Three Dimensional Geometry
|Calculus||Functions, Limits and continuity
Application of Derivatives
KEAM Syllabus 2019 for Physics
|Physics||Introduction and Measurement
Description of Motion in One Dimension
Description of Motion in Two and Three Dimensions
Laws of Motion
Work, Energy and Power
Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body Rotation
Mechanics of Solids and Fluids
Heat and Thermodynamics
Magnetic Effect of Current and Magnetism
Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current
Dual Nature of Matter and Radiations
Solids and Semiconductor Devices
Principles of Communications
KEAM 2019 Syllabus for Chemistry
|Chemistry||Basic Concepts and Atomic Structure – Laws of chemical combinatio, Atomic structure
Bonding and Molecular Structure
States of Matter – Gaseous state, Liquid state, Solid state
Periodic Properties of Elements and Hydrogen – Classification of elements, Hydrogen
S-Block Elements and Principles of Metallurgy – Alkali metals, Alkaline earth metals, Principles of metallurgy
P-Block Elements – General characteristics of p-block elements, Boron, Silica, Group 18 elements
D-Block and F-Block Elements – d-Block elements, f-Block elements: Lanthanides
Thermodynamics – System and surrounding, First law of thermodynamics, Second law of thermodynamics
Chemical Equilibrium – Physical and chemical equilibria, Equilibria involving chemical systems, Concepts of acids and bases
Solutions – Types of solutions, Colligative properties
Redox Reactions and Electrochemistry – Oxidation and reduction, Faraday’s laws of electrolysis, Corrosion and its prevention
Surface Chemistry – Adsorption, Colloids
Coordination Compounds and Organometallics
Basic Principles, Purification and Characterization of Organic Compounds
Hydrocarbons – Classification of hydrocarbons, Alkanes and cycloalkanes, Alkenes and alkynesAromatic hydrocarbons
Organic Reaction Mechanism – Electronic displacement in a covalent bond, Common types of organic reactions
Stereochemistry – Stereoisomerism
Organic Compounds with Functional Groups Containing Halogens – Haloalkanes and haloarenes, Polyhalogen compounds
Organic Compounds with Functional Groups Containing Oxygen – Alcohols, Phenols, Ethers, Some commercially important compounds, Aldehydes and ketones, Carboxylic acid
Organic Compounds with Functional Groups Containing Nitrogen – Amines
Polymers and Biomolecules – Polymers, Biomolecules, Reducing and
non-reducing sugars, Polysaccharides, Proteins, Vitamins
Environmental Chemistry and Chemistry in Everyday Life
KEAM 2019 Preparation Tips
Those candidates who are preparing for the examination must make sure that they check out the KEAM 2019 preparation tips after they have made a note of the exam pattern and syllabus. With these two at hand, candidates must strategise their preparation with the tips given below.
- Candidates must know the correct and full syllabus of KEAM 2019 examination.
- With the syllabus, candidates can collect the right study material. There are a lot of books and sample papers that are available for preparation of KEAM.
- The candidates can solve the sample papers that will be available in the online mode on various websites as well as offline in bookstores. This will help the candidates in understanding the question-answer format.
- For an effective preparation every day, students must make timetable on a daily basis. This will help in time management of the day.
- Candidates must cover all the topics and understand each concept.
- After completing the syllabus, candidates must revise all the chapters.