JoSAA Seat Allotment 2021: Joint Seat Allocating Authority (JoSAA) will conduct the annual seat allocation for admissions into IITs, IIITs, NITs, and CFTIs for the academic session of 2021. Candidates who clear the JEE Main 2021 will be allotted seats in various NITs, IIITs, and CFTIs, and candidates who have appeared and qualified the JEE Advanced will be allotted seats into various IITs. Around 97 institutes is participating in the admission drive for the academic session of 2021. JoSAA 2021 is conducting 6 rounds of seat allotments including 2 mock allotment rounds just to get candidates acquainted with the formalities involved.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
In this article, viewers will learn all about the JoSAA 2021 Seat Allotment, important dates, participation procedure, etc.
JoSAA Seat Allotment 2021 Dates
Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) will conduct JEE Main counselling 2021. The counselling is said to begin in June/ July 2021. Candidates will be notified about the dates on the official website of JoSAA. Therefore, keep visiting the official website for regular updates. However, we will publish the final schedule in the article below.
Registration & Choice Filling Procedure
The registration procedure for the Admission counselling of IITs, IIITs, NITs, and CFTIs will take place after the declaration of the JEE Main and JEE Advanced results. Candidates must register themselves and give preferences of choice for course and college/institute. To register successfully and make the choice filling, candidates have to follow the steps given below.
- Candidates have to register on the official website of JoSAA
- Candidates need to provide basic information and a valid mailing address
- This will create a user profile
- With the registered ID, candidates will have to give their preferences of college and course in the order of choice.
- Once the registration process is over, candidates need to participate in a couple of mock allotment rounds to get acquainted with the whole proceedings.
JoSAA Seat Allotment 2021 Procedure
Student allocation into various IITs, NITs, IIITs, and CFTIs will be conducted by Joint Seat Allocating Authority (JoSAA) will be facilitating mock rounds for candidates just to give them a model of what will happen during the actual JoSAA counselling and seat allotment process. Candidates, after registration and choice filling, will have to participate in these mock rounds. After the mock rounds, the actual seat allotment process will begin. JoSAA, first, will release an online list of the first Seat Allotment on the basis of category, All India Rank (AIR), candidate preferences, and availability of seats. Candidates will then have to make their decision regarding the allotted seat. Candidates will have 3 options for the same, i.e. freezing, floating, and sliding.
- Floating– With the floating provision, candidates can pursue another round of seat allotment whilst remain satisfied with the seat allotted. It’s just the term suggests, candidates can float around to see if they get something better.
- Freezing– In this option, candidates will have to be contempt with the seat that was allotted without having the option of participating in another seat allotment round.
- Sliding– With this option, the candidate can accept their current allotted seat with the provision of upgrading their options.
JoSAA Seat Allotment Letter Download 2021
If a candidate is accepting his seat allotment, he/she will have to download a provisional seat allotment letter.
The steps to download the JoSAA Seat Allotment 2021 letter is as follows
- Candidates will have to go to the official website of JoSAA
- Locate the login console
- Login using the application number/roll number and password; enter in the security pin.
- Locate the link to the provisional seat allotment letter.
- Click on the link and the letter will be accessible.
- Candidates can download and print a few copies
JoSAA Seat Allotment 2021 Fee Payment
Candidates have to pay a small amount of seat acceptance fees in favor of JoSAA. The payment can be done through bank challan or SBI Net Banking. Check the category-wise amount below.
|General/Unreserved Category||INR 35,000|
Document Verification during JoSAA Seat Allotment 2021
At this point, candidates will have to present physically for the document verification procedure at the allotted JoSAA Reporting Centers 2021. The reporting session is for the purpose of document verification and freezing of the allotted seat.
- Provisional seat allotment letter
- Receipt of seat acceptance fee payment or copy of bank challan
- Multiple Passport size photos
- Class XII mark sheet and passing certificate
- Original JEE Main Admit Card (In case of NITs, IIITs, CFTIs)
- Original JEE Advanced Admit Card (In case of IITs)
- Age proof
- Identity Proof
- Medical Certificates
- Category Certificates (If applicable)
- PWD Certificates (if applicable)
- NRI/PIO/OCI certificates (if applicable)
Withdrawal of Admission – There is a provision of rolling back the admission. Candidates will have to withdraw before the last round of the seat allotment process. A sum of INR 1000 will be retained by the admission conducting authority and the rest of the admission acceptance fee will be refunded. Candidates have to fill a form mentioning their bank details for the refund amount. The admission cancellation will be a vis-à-vis process, and the candidate will have to be present at the reporting center. Candidates who are withdrawing their admissions will not be considered for any further admission process.