Joint Seat Allocating Authority (JoSAA) is conducting the annual seat allocation for admissions into IITs, IIITs, NITs, and CFTIs for the academic session of 2020. Candidates who have appeared and cleared the JEE Main 2020 will be allotted seats in various NITs, IIITs, and CFTIs, and candidates who have appeared and qualified the JEE Advanced will be allotted seats into various IITs. Around 97 institutes is participating in the admission drive for the academic session of 2020. JoSAA 2020 is conducting 6 rounds of seat allotments including 2 mock allotment rounds just to get candidates acquainted with the formalities involved.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
In this article, viewers will learn all about the JoSAA 2020 Seat Allotment, important dates, participation procedure, etc.
JoSAA Seat Allotment 2020 Dates
Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) is conducting about 6 seat allotment processes including a couple of mock rounds in October 2020. Given below is the schedule for the JoSAA Seat Allotment 2020.
Download 6th Round Seat Allotment Result: Click Here
Registration And Choice Filling Procedure
The registration procedure for the Admission counselling of IITs, IIITs, NITs, and CFTIs will take place after the declaration of JEE Main and JEE Advanced result. Candidates are required to get registered and give preferences of choice for course and college/institute. To get successfully registered and make choice filling, candidates are required to follow the steps laid down below.
- Registrations are to done in the official website of JoSAA
- Candidates need to provide basic information and with a valid mailing address
- This will create a user profile
- With the registered ID, candidates will have to give their preferences of college and course in the order of choice.
- Once the registration process is over, candidates will be called in to participate in a couple of mock allotment rounds to get acquainted with the whole proceedings.
JoSAA Seat Allotment 2020 Procedure
Student allocation into various IITs, NITs, IIITs, and CFTIs will be conducted by Joint Seat Allocating Authority (JoSAA) will be facilitating mock rounds for candidates just to give them a model of what will happen during the actual JoSAA counselling and seat allotment process. Candidates, after registration and choice filling, will have to participate in these mock rounds. After the mock rounds, the actual seat allotment process will begin. JoSAA, first, will release an online list of the first Seat Allotment on the basis of category, All India Rank (AIR), candidate preferences, and availability of seats. Candidates will then have to make their decision regarding the allotted seat. Candidates will have 3 options for the same, i.e. freezing, floating, and sliding.
- Floating– With the floating provision, candidates can pursue another round of seat allotment whilst remaining satisfied with the seat allotted. It’s just the term suggests, candidates can float around to see if they get something better.
- Freezing– In this option, candidates will have to be contempt with the seat that was allotted without having the option of participating in another seat allotment round.
- Sliding– With this option, the candidate can accept their current allotted seat with the provision of upgrading their options.
JoSAA Seat Allotment Letter Download 2020
If a candidate is accepting his seat allotment, he/she will have to download a provisional seat allotment letter.
The steps to download the JoSAA Seat Allotment 2020 letter is as follows
- Candidates will have to go to the official website of JoSAA
- Locate the login console
- Login using the application number/roll number and password; enter in the security pin.
- Locate the link to the provisional seat allotment letter.
- Click on the link and the letter will be accessible.
- Candidates can download and print a few copies
JoSAA Seat Allotment 2020 Fee Payment
Candidates are also required to pay a small amount of seat acceptance fees in favor of JoSAA. The payment can be done through bank challan or SBI Net Banking. The payment link will be provided upon login. The amount that is to be paid is given as follows.
|General/Unreserved Category||INR 35,000|
Document Verification During JoSAA Seat Allotment 2020
At this point, candidates will have to present physically for the document verification procedure at the allotted JoSAA Reporting Centers 2020. The reporting session is for the purpose of document verification and freezing of the allotted seat. The following documents are to be brought in during the document verification session.
- Provisional seat allotment letter
- Receipt of seat acceptance fee payment or copy of bank challan
- Passport size photos (to be carried enough)
- Class XII mark sheet and passing certificate.
- Original JEE Main Admit Card (In case of NITs, IIITs, CFTIs)
- Original JEE Advanced Admit Card (In case of IITs)
- Age proof
- Identity Proof
- Medical Certificates
- Category Certificates (If applicable)
- PWD Certificates (if applicable)
- NRI/PIO/OCI certificates (if applicable)
Withdrawal of Admission – There is a provision of rolling back the admission. Candidates will have to withdraw before the last round of the seat allotment process. A sum of INR 1000 will be retained by the admission conducting authority and the rest of the admission acceptance fee will be refunded. Candidates will be required to fill a form mentioning their bank details for the amount to be refunded. The admission cancellation will be a vis-à-vis process, and the candidate will have to be present at the reporting center. Candidates who are withdrawing their admissions will not be considered for any further admission process.