JMIEEE 2019: Jamia Millia Islamia conducts the entrance exam for the admission of the eligible candidates to various courses. The central University offers Undergraduate, Post Graduate courses, Research and Diploma courses in different fields. For the admission to most of the courses, the University conducts the entrance exam but for the admission to the engineering courses, candidates will be provided with the admission on the basis of their score in JEE Main exam 2019. The exam of JEE Main 2019 will be conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) this year and candidates who will be appearing for JEE Main 2019 exam will be able to apply. Interested candidates will have to fill up the Application Form and submit it before the due date and must make sure that the details provided in the form are valid and correct. It is advised that the candidates go through the eligibility conditions in details before proceeding with the Application Procedure further.
- Candidates Applying for the B.Tech Course in JMI, must appear in JEE Mains Paper 1
- Candidates Applying for the B.Arch course at JMI, must appear in JEE Mains Paper 2
- Candidates seeking admission in both the courses must appear in both Paper 1 and Paper 2 of JEE Mains.
New: The Application Form to apply for B.Tech and B.Arch courses is released on 25th February 2019 and the last date for the submission of the form was 30th March 2019. The Application Form correction link was available from 31st March 2019 to 3rd April 2019.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
B.Tech/B.Arch Courses offered and Seats available
JMI offers the B.Tech degree in the following courses at the moment:
- B.Tech (Civil Engineering)
- B.Tech (Computer Engineering)
- B.Tech (Electrical Engineering)
- B.Tech (Electronics and Communication Engineering)
- B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering)
The following options are available for B.Arch:
- B.Arch (Self-Finance)
Availability of seats for the above courses are as follows:
|Name of the Programme||Seats Available|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||70|
|Total Seats in B.Tech Course||350|
|Total Seats in B.Arch course||40|
|Total Seats in B.Arch (Self-finance) course||40|
Important Dates for JMI EEE 2019:
The candidates who will be applying for the admission to B.Tech or B.Arch courses will be required to keep themselves updated with the latest released information regarding the release of the Application Form of Jamia Millia Islamia 2019. It is important that the candidates keep visiting the website on a regular basis so as not to miss any of the important events related to the admission to the course.
The officially released dates are available here. Go through the schedule mentioned in the tabular format below.
|The beginning of JMI Online Application 2019||25th February 2019|
|Last date of JMI Online Application 2019||30th March 2019|
|JEE Mains Exam date 2019||January and April 2019|
Eligibility Criteria for JMI EEE 2019:
Candidates who are interested in taking admission to B.Tech/B. Arch courses must make sure that they fulfil all the eligibility criteria. It is an important part of the admission procedure and the candidates who will be found not fulfilling the eligibility conditions will not be allowed to proceed with the admission further. The Information Brochure which will be released along with the Application Form of Jamia Millia Islamia must be read thoroughly by the candidate so as to avoid any form of error while filling up the Application Form of Jamia Millia Islamia.
We are providing below the eligibility of both B.Tech and B.Arch courses in details. Candidates must go through it and make sure that if they are applying for the exam they are fulfilling the eligibility criteria as defined.
Eligibility for B.Tech Courses
- Candidates should have Passed the Class 10+2/intermediate examination with 55% marks. They should have passed the examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as the main subjects.
- Candidates holding a diploma in Engineering are also eligible to apply. However, the diploma they hold must have been awarded by AICTE or any other State Board of Technical Education. The Diploma Course should have been of a duration of 3 or 4 years and the candidate must have qualified it with a minimum of 55% marks.
The candidates must not be younger than 17 years of age as on 1st October 2019.
Eligibility for B.Arch Course
The candidates must have any of the following qualifications concerning education:
- The Candidates must have passed the Class 10+2 examination with a minimum of 50% marks. They must have had English, Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as the core subjects in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates having a diploma of 3 years duration are also eligible to apply. However, the condition sustains that they must have passed the diploma course with a minimum of 50% marks and it must be a diploma recognized by the Central or State Government.
JMIEEE Application Form 2019:
The Application Form to apply for B.Tech and B.Arch courses will be the same as released for the other courses as well. Candidates who are planning on applying for the admission to B.Tech and B.Arch courses will have to fill up the Application and submit it before the due date as prescribed by the examination conducting body of the University. The system generated notification will automatically mention that the admission will be on the basis of the marks secured by the candidate in the JEE Main 2019 exam. It is important that before the Registration, candidates will have to provide the course for which they are planning on applying, they will also have to provide the JEE Main details such as the Application Number and other details. After the successful Registration, candidates will be provided with the link for the filling of the Application Form.
Applicants are advised that before proceeding for the submission of the Application Form, they must go through the Information Brochure carefully and must make sure that they are fulfilling the eligibility criteria of the course for which they are applying. The Application Form of Jamia Millia Islamia will have to be provided with the Personal Details, Academic Details, Contact Details and uploading the documents, Photograph and the signature. It must be noted that the details provided in the form is valid and correct if any form of incorrect detail is entered they will not be allowed to proceed with the procedure further. The final submission of the Application form will only be after the payment of the Application Fee. Incomplete Applications will not be accepted by the University.
The Application Fees for B.tech and B.Arch Courses is Rs.550/-. It has to be paid online either by Credit Card/Debit Card/Net banking. You can also pay it in cash by printing the Challan and depositing the amount at any SBI Branch.
The amount of the Application Fee will vary as per the category defined by the authorities of Jamia Millia Islamia University.
JEE Mains Exam Pattern
The selection of candidates for the B.Tech and B.Arch programmes offered at JMI will be done on the basis of their scores in JEE Mains Examination. So the candidates must, first of all, appear in the JEE Mains examination.
JEE Mains Paper 1 (For B.Tech)
- Type of Questions: Objective type
- Marking Scheme: +4 for correct answer
- Negative Marking: -1 for every wrong answer
|Subjects||No of questions||Marks|
JEE Mains Paper 2 (For B.Arch)
- Type of Questions: Objective type and Drawing
- Marking Scheme: +4 for correct answer
- Negative Marking: -1 for every wrong answer
Results of JMI EEE 2019:
Candidates for the B.Tech and B.Arch courses offered by JMI are selected on the basis of the scores in the JEE Mains Examination.
B.Tech Results: The lists of candidates selected for B.Tech are likely to be displayed by 1st week of July on the University website. The Results will also be hanged on the notice board of the Dean’s office of the Faculty of Engineering and Technology.
B.Arch Results: The lists of candidates selected for B.Arch are likely to be displayed by 2nd week of July on the University website and on the Notice Board of Dean, Faculty of Engineering and Technology.
JMI B.Tech / B.Arch Admission Procedure
Candidates who have been selected for the B.Tech course must go through the Admission formalities as notified by the university. They must bring self-attested photocopies of the following on the day of Admission:
- JMI’s Acknowledgement slip
- Registration slip
- JEE Main Admit Card
- JEE Main Score Card
They must also bring the following documents as proof of their eligibility:
- Proof of passing the qualifying exam along with mark sheets.
- 10+2 or equivalent exam’s mark sheet
- Age proof (High School/Senior Secondary School’s mark sheet)
- Proof of entitlement to any reserved category (if applicable)
- Character Certificate from the last attended institute
- Certificate from M.B.B.S. doctor/Govt. Hospital certifying blood group
- In case of gap period, the certificate from class 1 gazetted officer to certify no indulgence in criminal behaviour
- Proof of address along with the name and location of the nearest police station
- Certificate of No Objection by the current employer (for evening/part-time/Sponsored courses)
- Transfer Certificate/Migration Certificate in original within 60 days from the date of admission must be submitted.
Course Fees for B.Tech/B.Arch courses
The tuition fees for B.Tech courses are as follows:
|Programme||Duration||Total fee payable/year|
|B.Tech(Civil/Computer/ Electrical/ Electronics&Communication/ Mechanical||8 semesters||Rs.10,800/-|
Course fee for B.Arch courses are as follows
|Programme||Duration||Total fee Payable/Year|
|B.Arch (Self-Financed)||5 years||Rs.64,690/-|
Please write to us in the comments section below if you have doubts or queries.