Jamia Millia Islamia is a Central University located in New Delhi. It has been accredited “A” grade by NAAC and is a multi-layered educational system covering all aspects of schooling, undergraduate and post-graduate education. It has Natural Sciences, Social Sciences, Engineering & Technology, Education, Humanities & Languages, Architecture & Ekistics, Fine Arts, Law and Dentistry Faculties. Also, it has a well known AJK Mass Communication Research Centre. Jamia has over thirty research centres that have given it an edge in terms of critical research in various areas. Jamia Millia Islamia will be conducting entrance tests for admission to Undergraduate, Postgraduate, M.Phil. and PhD as well as Diploma and Certificate Programmes.
- 1 Important Dates for Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI) Admission 2019
- 2 Jamia Millia Islamia 2018 Entrance Test Results
- 3 Admit Card / Hall Ticket For JMI 2018
- 4 Courses offered at JMI
- 5 Eligibility Criteria For JMI 2019 Entrance
- 6 Application procedure for JMI Admissions 2019
- 7 JMI 2019 Exam Pattern and syllabus
- 8 Entrance Test Centres for Jamia Millia Islamia 2019 Exam
- 9 Jamia Millia Islamia 2019 Admission Procedure
- 10 Reservation of Seats Under Jamia Millia Islamia 2019
Important Dates for Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI) Admission 2019
Go through the tentative schedule of JMI 2019. The latest schedule will be available as soon as it is published:
|Admission forms availability||February 2019 to March 2019|
|Date of editing the form||March 2019|
|Issue of admit card||April 2019|
|Last date to submit qualifying degree||September 2019|
|Admission Closing date||Last week of September 2019|
Jamia Millia Islamia 2018 Entrance Test Results
The Results of the entrance test is declared as a list of the candidates who have been selected for admission or shortlisted for interview. Please note the following points regarding Results of JMI Entrance examination:
To Check JMI 2018 Entrance Results Click Here
- Merit Lists will be prepared by the University for various programmes based on the performance of the candidate in the entrance examination keeping in view the various reservations and relaxations.
- Entrance Test results shall be subject to clearance from the Proctorial Department of Jamia Millia Islamia.
- The Lists of Candidates selected provisionally along with the ones who are on the waiting list will be displayed on the Jamia’s website www.jmicoe.in.
- No candidate shall receive intimation through post regarding their results.
- The list of candidates selected for interview, wherever applicable, shall be displayed in ascending order of their Entrance Test Roll No.
- JMI may display additional lists of candidates selected from the waiting list in order of merit as per the University procedure.
- JMI may consider for spot registration for admission from the list of selected and waitlisted candidates strictly in order of merit provided that they fulfil the eligibility criteria.
Admit Card / Hall Ticket For JMI 2018
The Hall Ticket/Admit Card for Jamia Milia Islamia entrance exam 2018 can be downloaded now. Click here for the Admit card link.
Admit cards for JMI Entrance examination are available for download online from the official website of JMI. On the availability of Admit Card, the candidates will be notified through an SMS on their registered mobile number. Candidates will be required to log in to their account at the Admission Portal and download the admit card.
After printing the Admit Card, a candidate is required to paste his/her self-attested passport size recent coloured photograph in the space provided. Candidate should follow the printed instructions on admit card.
Candidates are advised to print two copies of their admit card generated online as they have to surrender one admit card to the invigilators at the Entrance Test Centre.
Courses offered at JMI
Jamia Millia Islamia offers various courses such as the following:
- Master (Postgraduate)
- PG Diploma
- Bachelor (Undergraduate)
- Advanced Diploma
The aforementioned courses are offered for a wide range of subjects.
|Doctoral Programmes||Applied Science & Humanities/Architecture/Biotechnology/Commerce & Business Studies/Computer Science/ Law/Mass Communication/Nanotechnology, etc|
|Masters Programmes||L.L.M./M.A./M.A.-M.Sc (Geography) / M.Arch / MBA / M.Com /MCA/M.Ed/M.F.A/M.Phil/M.Tech|
|Post Graduate Diploma Programmes||PG Diploma in Self-Financed/Computer Application/Digital Cartography/Educational Management/Journalism/Remote Sensing and GIS Application/T.V. Journalism|
|UG Programmes||B.A. /B.Com/B.A. L.L.B./B.A. (Hons.) / B.Arch / B.D.S./ B.E. / B.Ed/B.F.A./B.Sc./B.Tech/B.Voc/Bachelor of Arts with Computer Application|
|Advanced Diploma Programmes||Advanced Diploma in Modern Persian/Modern Arabic Language and Translation/and many other languages.|
|Diploma Programmes||Diploma in Engineering/Disaster Management/Languages/Tourism and Travel Management|
|Certificate Programmes||Certificates in Calligraphy and many languages|
Eligibility Criteria For JMI 2019 Entrance
Candidates must have the minimum educational qualification to be eligible to apply for the different courses.
For UG programmes, in general, The candidate should have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam from a recognized Board with at least 50% marks aggregate, or in the subject concerned.
For PG Programmes, The candidates must have a minimum of Graduate Degree with at least 50% marks aggregate or 50% marks in the subject concerned. The different subjects that they must have studied in their degree course will vary in accordance with the specialization they have applied for.
For B.Tech (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Computer, Electrical & Communication), the scores of the JEE Mains 2018 will be considered.
For detailed information about eligibility for each of the subjects, Check Here – Jamia Millia Islamia 2019 Eligibility Criteria.
Application procedure for JMI Admissions 2019
The Application procedure for JMI will be conducted online only. There shall be no printed forms that can be filled by the candidates and posted to the university. While submitting the online application fee, there shall be an application fee that has to be paid by the candidates.
To fill the online application form, Visit the online Admission portal of JMI which is www.jmicoe.in.
The application procedure shall include the following main steps:
- Candidate’s Registration: Entry of Basic Profile of the Candidate, and
- Entrance Application Submission: Choosing of Program(s), Category and Submission of Entrance Application Fee
Follow the steps given below to complete your application procedure:
- Visit the online Admission portal of JMI which is www.jmicoe.in and click on the link to register yourself.
- Enter your basic details in the registration form. You shall provide a valid and readily accessible Email Id. Please note that, if required, JMI may use the registered email for future communication with the candidate.
- After the Registration form has been submitted, You shall receive an email bearing the Unique Registration Number and Password to access your registered account.
Filling the Application
- Log in at the Admission portal using the Unique Registration Number and Password that was sent to you to Fill the application form.
- Enter all the details such as the courses you wish to apply for, Categories you belong to, Educational Qualification details, Correspondence and Permanent Addresses etc.
Uploading Photograph and signature
Candidates must upload scanned images of their recent photograph and signature. The acceptable sizes and format are given below.
|Photograph||Maximum 100 Kb||JPG/JPEG|
|Signature||Maximum 100 Kb||JPG/JPEG|
The photograph must be taken on a white background.
Application Fees: The Application procedure will be complete only on successful payment of the Application fee. The Application fee for the different courses are given below:
|Faculty/centre offering the program||Application Fees|
|AJK Mass Communication Research Centre |
Centre for Management Studies
Centre for Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation Sciences
Faculty of Architecture and Ekistics (Except B.Arch.)
Faculty of Education
Faculty of Engineering & Technology (Except B.Tech.)
Faculty of Dentistry
Faculty of Law
|All other Faculties/Centres |
The application fee has to be paid online either by Credit Card/Debit Card/Net banking.
Any required correction(s) except in “Name” and “Date-of-Birth” in the Registration Information may be made before depositing the application fees. This can be done using the ‘Preview’ option available while filling the online form.
Once the fee is paid no correction will be allowed in the Registration Information. However, candidates will be able to apply for additional programs, when forms will be open for editing in the first week of March 2018.
JMI 2019 Exam Pattern and syllabus
Depending on the course you have applied for, the JMI exam pattern and the syllabus will be different. For some of the courses, there shall be an interview round. The entrance examination will be objective type in nature in which Multiple Choice Questions will be asked. It might also be a combination of both objective and subjective type questions depending on the course you have applied for. The time allotted for the question papers shall also vary with the subjects and courses.
To learn about the syllabus and examination pattern for each of the subjects in detail, click here: http://jmi.ac.in/entrancetestsyllabi
Entrance Test Centres for Jamia Millia Islamia 2019 Exam
The List of the entrance test centres will be made available on the official website of the University. Candidates will have to appear on the allotted centre for the exam.
The entrance examination for the rest of the courses will be conducted at Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi.
|B.A.(Hons)(Psychology)||B.A. (Hons) (Economics)||M.Com.(Business Management)|
|B.A.(Hons)(English)||B.A./B.ScHons (Geography)||M.A.(Political Science)|
|B.A. LLB||B.A.(Hons) (Political Science)||M.A.(Social Work)|
|Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)||B.Sc.(Hons)(Maths)||M.Sc.(Biosciences)|
|B.A. LLB (Self-financed)||B.Sc.(Hons)(ApplMaths)||M.A.(Media Governance)|
|Bachelor of Physiotheraphy (B.P.T)||B.A. (Bachelor of Arts)||M.A.(Human Resource Management)|
|B.Com||B.A. (Hons) (Sociology)||M.Sc. (Biotechnology)|
|B.A. (Hons) (History)||Diploma in Engineering||M.B.A. (Fulltime)|
|B.Sc.(Hons) (Physics)||M.Sc (Chemistry: Materials/Organic/Inorganic/ Physical)||M.B.A.(International Business) (Selffinanced)|
|M.Tech Nano Tech||M.Tech (Electric Power System Management)||M.Tech (Control & Instrumentation Systems)|
|M.Tech (MechanicalThermal/ Production/Machine Design)||M.Tech (Computer Engg)||M.Tech (Electronics & Communication)|
|Bachelor of Hotel Management (Self financed)||Bachelor or Tourism & Travel Management (Self-financed)||Master in Tourism and Travel Management (Self-financed)|
Jamia Millia Islamia 2019 Admission Procedure
Selected candidates will have to fill “Student Registration Form” (to be obtained from the concerned Dean’s Office/Department/Centre) giving full details about themselves. Wherever applicable, the candidates will also indicate their choice for courses they wish to opt for as subsidiary/optional.
Documents required for completion of Admission Formalities:
- Proof of passing qualifying exam along with marksheets.
- 10+2 or equivalent exam’s marksheet
- Age proof (High School/Senior Secondary School’s marksheet)
- Proof of entitlement to any reserved category (if applicable)
- Character Certificate from the last attended institute
- Certificate from M.B.B.S. doctor/Govt. Hospital certifying blood group
- In case of gap period, certificate from class 1 gazetted officer to certify no indulgence in criminal behaviour
- Proof of address along with name and location of nearest police station
- Certificate of No Objection by current employer (for evening/part-time/Sponsored courses)
- Self employed candidates have to show authentic evidence of self-employment
- Transfer Certificate/Migration Certificate in original within 60 days from the date of admission must be submitted
Payment of Admission Fees
The Admission Fee has to be paid at the time of Admission for confirmation of the allotted seat. The Admission fee can be paid in any of the following ways:
- Cash Mode:
Candidates can collect the “Pay-in Slip” from the concerned Department/ Faculty/Centre’s office and pay the amount in cash at JMI’s branches of either Indian Bank or Bank of India.
To pay the fees in other branches of the banks mentioned above, generate a “Fees Payment Challan” online on JMI’s website (http://jmi.ac.in/feepayment).
- Online Mode:
The admission fee can also be paid online at JMI’s website using Net Banking, Credit Cards & Debit Cards
- Demand Drafts:
Fees may also be deposited through Demand Draft drawn in favour of “The Registrar, Jamia Millia Islamia”, payable at New Delhi. Demand Draft will be accepted by the Cash Section, Finance & Accounts Office, JMI
Reservation of Seats Under Jamia Millia Islamia 2019
The percentage of seats that will be reserved for each of the courses for different categories are given below:
|Muslim Women Applicants||10%|
|Muslim OBC/ST Applicants||10%|
|Applicants with Disabilities||3%|
|Internal (Jamia School) Students||5%|
|Kashmiri Migrants||1 seat|
|Candidates from J&K||1 seat|
|Foreign Candidates (General)||10%|
|ICCR Sponsored Candidates||5%|
|Foreign Passport Holding Students||10%|
Please write to us in the comments section below regarding your doubts and queries.