The JEE Main 2018 Paper 2 is a popular entrance exam which is conducted by CBSE. This exam is conducted every year in the month of April. The application form of JEE Main Paper 2 is available in the official website from the month of December. The JEE Main Paper 2 is a widely known exam for the candidates who wants to pursue their education in B.Arch. and B. Planning. In short, the JEE Main Paper 2 is a gateway to get admission in the Architecture Courses.
Basically the JEE Main has two papers:
- Paper 1: The JEE Main Paper 1 is conducted for all the undergraduate programs whereas
- Paper 2: The JEE Main Paper 2 is conducted for Architecture and Planning Programs.
The exams for the JEE Main Paper 2 will be conducted offline. In this article, we will be providing you the detailed information regarding the JEE Main Paper 2, its eligibility, exam dates, exam pattern and syllabus.
- 1 Latest Important Update
- 2 Objective of the JEE Main Paper 2 Examination
- 3 JEE Main 2018 Paper 2 Exam Dates (Tentative)
- 4 JEE Main Paper 2 Application Form (Important Details)
- 5 Contents of the JEE Main 2018 Paper 2 Application Form
- 6 Eligibility Criteria for JEE Main 2018 Paper 2
- 7 JEE Main 2018 Paper 2 Syllabus
- 8 JEE Main 2018 Paper 2: Exam Details
- 9 Exam Pattern of JEE Main 2018 Paper 2
- 10 JEE Main 2018 Paper 2 Guidelines: Offline Mode
Latest Important Update
As per the latest changes made by the CBSE, the applicants have to furnish their Aadhaar card details issued by UIDAI while filling the application form.
Thus, the candidates who are interested in taking the admissions in the undergraduate courses in B.Arch. and B. Planning field from recognized colleges and Institutions such as NIT’s and Centrally Funded Institutes can appear for JEE Main Paper 2.
Objective of the JEE Main Paper 2 Examination
The main aim of the JEE Main Paper 2 Examination is that, it checks the skills of the candidates who are applying for it. The exam tests the skills of the applicants in the specified fields. The examination is classified into three major subjects such as Mathematics, Aptitude Test and Drawing.
The candidates can download the complete syllabus from the CBSE Official website. The Official website of the JEE Main is https://jeemain.nic.in
JEE Main 2018 Paper 2 Exam Dates (Tentative)
Based on the last year dates, below are the list of tentative exam dates of JEE Main 2018.
|S No.||Events||Dates (Tentative)|
|1||Release of JEE Main 2018 Notification||November 2017|
|2||Commencement of Online Application Form||1st week of December 2017|
|3||Closing Date of the Online Application Form||1st Week of January 2018|
|4||Last Date of Fee Payment||1st week of January 2018|
|5||Availability of the Admit Cards||March 2018|
|6||Examination Date for Offline Examination (Pen and Paper Based Test)||1st week of April 2018|
|7||Answer Key and OMR Sheet Availability||3rd Week of April 2018|
|8||Declaration of Result and Score Card||4th week of April 2018|
JEE Main Paper 2 Application Form (Important Details)
The applicants who are interested for applying JEE Main Paper 2 are advised to read the information brochure before applying. The brochure is available in the official website. The brochure contains the detailed information of how to apply an application form, application fee and payment mode.
A few details regarding the JEE Main application form is given below:
- JEE Main Application Form is available only in online mode.
- No offline copy is provided to apply for JEE Main.
- The application form for JEE Main Paper 2 for 2018 was released in the first week of December 2017.
- The applicants who wish to apply for JEE Main Paper 2 must have an Aadhaar card.
- While filling all the personal details and academic details the candidates have to upload the scanned images of photograph and signature in the prescribed size format.
- The candidates are advised to download the acknowledgement page as the proof for successful submission of the application form.
Contents of the JEE Main 2018 Paper 2 Application Form
The application form of the JEE Main 2018 Paper 2 have the following contents in the application form. The information that we are sharing in this section is a rough sketch of the Application Form Format:
- Aadhaar authentication
- Examination details
- Personal details
- Academic details
- Contact Details
- Guardian details
- Uploading Photograph and Signature
Eligibility Criteria for JEE Main 2018 Paper 2
Before filling the application form, the candidates must go through the eligibility criteria and conditions. If you satisfy the eligibility criteria then you are eligible to fill in the application form or appear the examination.
Below mentioned are the different eligibility criteria’s for JEE Main 2018 Paper 2:
- Age Criteria:
The candidates who are appearing for the JEE Main 2018 Paper 2 should be born on or after 1st October 1993.
The Students who belong to the ST/SC Category or the Person with Disability should be born on or after 1st of October 1988. The applicants from these categories will be given a relaxation of 5 years.
- Marks Criteria:
The candidates who are appearing for JEE Main 2018 Paper 2 must secure atleast 75% in 12th Grade Board Exam and the candidate’s score should be in top 20 percentile of the respective board.
The candidates who are appearing for the JEE Main 2018 Paper 2 must have Mathematics as their compulsory subject in Class 12th Grade.
- Number of Attempts:
The candidate appearing for JEE Main 2018 Paper 2 is allowed to make only 3 attempts for the National Level Undergraduate Engineering Entrance Exam.
JEE Main 2018 Paper 2 Syllabus
The JEE Main 2018 Paper 2 syllabus is divided into three major parts:
- Aptitude and
JEE Main 2018 Paper 2: Exam Details
The JEE Main 2018 Paper 2 is a pen and paper based examination. The JEE Main 2018 Paper 2 is conducted mainly for the candidates who are interested in the Architecture and Planning Programs. The exam is divided into three sections: Mathematics, Aptitude and Drawing. The first two sections of the Question paper comprises of Mathematics and Aptitude. The first two section contains objective type questions whereas the drawing which is the third section is subjective in nature. The exam duration is 3 hours.
Below are the complete details about the JEE Main 2018 Paper 2 Examination:
- Exam is based on the B.Arch. /B. Planning Courses.
- The exam is conducted in Offline mode.
- The language mode used in the examination is Hindi and English.
- The duration of the examination is 3 hours.
- 4 marks is added for the correct answer and one mark will be deducted for a wrong answer.
Exam Pattern of JEE Main 2018 Paper 2
The detailed pattern of JEE Main Exam Paper 2 is listed below. The applicants can start preparing for the examination as per the pattern.
|Duration of the Examination||3 hours|
|Question Paper Details||Mathematics (Part 1)- 30 Objective Type Questions |
Aptitude Test (Part 2)- 40 Objective Type Questions
Drawing Test (Part 3) – 2 Questions testing the drawing aptitude of the candidate.
|Total Number of Marks||390|
|Marking Scheme||Part 1 and Part 2 |
Each question carries 4 marks
For every incorrect attempt ¼ marks is deducted.
2 Questions carrying 70 marks. The marks allotted to the two questions will be displayed alongside the question.
There will be a total of 82 Questions (including Drawing). The Part 1 is the Mathematics section which contains 30 questions. The Part 2 is the Aptitude Section which contains a total of 50 questions. The Drawing section contains 2 Questions. The Part 1 and Part 2 are the objective type whereas, the Drawing is the subjective type. Overall, the total marks is 390 marks.
JEE Main 2018 Paper 2 Guidelines: Offline Mode
Below are the few guidelines for the candidates who are appearing for JEE Main 2018 Paper 2.
- The candidates appearing for the exam must use black ball point pen in the examination hall to fill in the particulars and to mark the answers.
- The candidates have to carry their own cardboard or clip board. Nothing should be written on it.
- The candidates who are appearing for Paper 2 have to bring their own geometry box set, pencils, erasers and color pencils or crayons.
- After the completion of the test, the candidate have to hand over the answer sheet to the invigilator on duty in the Room/Hall.