The Visva Bharti University is a Public-Central Government Funded University. This university is located in Santiniketan, West Bengal. This university is founded by the great writer, song composer, essayist, painter called Rabindranath Tagore who called it Visva-Bharti. The Visva-Bharti University is a pilgrimage for education and culture. The university aims to make a complete human being and nurture one’s soul and mind. It is a center of culture where research and study of religion, literature, history, science and art is worshipped with a true spiritual realization. The University is developed with careful planning and meticulous execution of the ideas and ideals.
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Visva Bharti Admissions 2018
The Visva Bharti Santiniketan has released the notification for admission in various fields of courses for the academic year 2018-19. The courses include undergraduate, post graduate, diploma and advance diploma courses.
Visva Bharti Application Form for the Academic Session 2018-19:
The Visva Bharti University has declared its admission schedule for the academic session 2018-19. However, the dates are yet to be announced. The expected scheduled dates for the application process for all the programs are listed below:
|Online Registration process for all the Courses||Last week of April 2018|
|Last date of submission of the online application form (for all the courses)||
Last week of May 2018
The application forms for Visva Bharti is available in their official website www.visvabharti.ac.in
Application Fees for Visva Bharti Academic Session 2018-19:
The application fees for the first subject is Rs 150/- for ST/SC /PWD Candidates and Rs 500/- for all General candidates. For taking an additional subject an additional fee is payed. An additional application fee of Rs 75/- is charged for ST/SC/PWD Candidates and Rs 200/- is charged for all other candidates.
|Category||For one Subject||For additional subject|
|For General and OBC Candidates||
|For ST, SC and PWD Candidates||Rs 150||Rs 75|
Essential things to be kept ready while applying:
- Mobile Number
- Scanned photograph (less than 100 Kb)
- Scanned signature (less than 100 Kb)
- Credit card, Net Banking or ATM-cum-Debit Card if available
How to Apply Online?
- The application forms are available online at the University’s Official website. The application procedure is completely online. The link for applying is- vbu.ucanapply.com/entrance
- There are separate application forms for different subjects.
- The applicants are required to fill all the required information and upload a scanned photograph (4 cm x 3 cm) and signature in the online application form.
- The application forms must be submitted before the due date.
- The application form completed in all aspect must be submitted through online mode only. Any other mode of submission is not accepted.
- After the submission of the application form, take the printout of it for the future reference.
Reservation of the Applicants
- The General and OBC Candidates are eligible to apply for the admission, subject to fulfillment of the departmental criteria (separate for General and OBC Category candidates) as given in the respective Bhavanas’s eligibility criteria. These conditions are not applicable for ST/SC and PWD Candidates.
- The reservation for the ST/SC and PWD Candidates are as per the Govt. Rules.
- As per the order of the Honorable Supreme Court of India, the reservation of the OBC Candidates shall not include socially advanced persons (commonly known as creamy layer).
Certificates in respect of ST/SC/OBC/Differently-abled candidates should be issued by appropriate authorities authorized by the respective Government in this regard within their respective jurisdictions (e.g. District Magistrate/District Collector/ Additional District Magistrate/ Sub-Divisional Manager/ Sub-Divisional Magistrate/ Deputy Collector/ Executive Magistrate/ Taluka Magistrate/ Stipendiary Assistant/ Commissioner ( not below the rank of the First Class Magistrate)/ Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Presidency Magistrate/ Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar/ Deputy Commissioners/ First Class Stipendiary Magistrate/ Chief Metropolitan Magistrate, Calcutta/ Collector of Stamp Revenue, Calcutta/ Deputy Collector of Land Revenue, Calcutta.
Certificates issued by an appropriate authority who have been authorized by the Government to issue such certificates in case of the candidates claiming to be Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes candidates and ordinarily residing within such jurisdictions, may only be accepted.
Instructions to the Candidates
- The qualifying marks for the candidates for the admission is 30 out of 100 for the general candidates and 27 out of 100 for the OBC Candidates and there are no qualifying marks in case of the ST/SC Candidates.
- Incomplete application forms of the candidates will be rejected.
- The applicants must produce their original final mark sheets of the previous public examinations and other relevant documents along with the attested photo copies at the time of the admission to various courses. Failing to produce these documents can lead to the rejection of the candidates.
- In case of the grading system in class 10+2, the candidates must obtain the percentage of marks for their grades mentioned in the mark sheets otherwise against the grade the minimum of the marks in the range will be considered for the calculation.
- The candidates coming from other universities and institutions must submit their migration certificate within 6 months from the date of their admission to this university according to the rules. Otherwise the admissions will get cancelled.
- The medical Insurance is compulsory. During the time of the admission, all the candidates are required to pay a medical insurance fee of Rs 332/-.
- It is mandatory for all the students to be present in the class for at least 7 days out of first two weeks of commencement of class.
- 15% intake capacity is reserved for the International Students/ Foreign applicants which will be calculated as supernumerary seats. 5% of the seats out of the 15% supernumerary seats for admission of foreign students shall be earmarked for Children of Indian workers in the Gulf and South-East Asia.