JEE Advanced Seat Reservation 2019: The government of India will be releasing the JEE Advanced Reservation of seats 2019. These seats can be claimed by candidates belonging to various categories as prescribed the concerned authority. Candidates who are eligible for admission to IITs will be able to claim the seats reserved for them under JEE Advanced 2019. Candidates must know the JEE Advanced 2019 will be conducted by IIT Roorkee on 27th May 2019 in a fully computer-based test mode.
|Manav Rachna University Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
|Chandigarh University Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
|Lovely Professional University Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
|Bennett University 2019 Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
|Shiv Nadar University 2019 Admissions Open||Apply Now!!|
Check Eligibility For Jee Advanced Exam
Those candidates who qualify the JEE Advanced 2019 and fulfill all the eligibility criteria will be called for counselling and seat allotment procedure. Admission will be done to 23 IITs and 9 other institutes that accept the JEE Advanced 2019 score. All students must check the JEE Advanced reservation of seats 2019.
JEE Advanced Seat Reservation 2019 Category-wise
Candidates can check the JEE Advanced Seat Reservation 2019 given for each category in the table below:
|3||Person with Disabilities||5%|
|4||OBC (Non-Creamy Layer – NCL, where annual income of family < Rs. 8 lakh)||27%|
Important Points to Note for JEE Advanced Seat Reservation 2019
- In case there are vacant seats in the OBC-NCL category, the seats will be moved to the general category.
- In case the PwD seats under each category are left unoccupied, the seats will be made open to the candidates under that particular category.
- Seats left unoccupied under SC/ST category will not be shifted to any other category.
|OBC NCL Category||Vacant seats will be moved to the General or Open category|
|SC/ ST Category||Vacant seats will not be shifted to any other category.|
|PwD Category||Vacant PwD seats will be made open to that particular category.|
Category-wise Distribution of JEE Advanced 2019
Last year the top 2,24,000 candidates of JEE Main 2018 who had qualified the national level examination were eligible to appear for the JEE Advanced. Candidates can check the category-wise distribution of JEE Advanced 2019 that is expected this year as well.
|S. No||Category||Number of Candidates|
Total No. of Top Candidates
JEE Advanced Seat Reservation 2019 Criteria for Defence Personnel
The sons and daughters of defence/paramilitary personnel killed or permanently disabled in action at war front or peacetime operations belong to the Defence Personnel category. Their reservation criteria for JEE Advanced 2019 is listed below.
- 2 seats will be reserved under this category and candidate will be given admission provided that he/she fulfills all the eligibility criteria and is listed in the common rank list of Joint Entrance Examination 2019.
- Candidates will be required to fill the eligibility performa as given by the concerned authority.
JEE Advanced Seat Reservation 2019 for PwD category candidates
- Persons with Disability (PwD) is another category where 5% of seats are reserved under each category of OBC-NCL, SC, ST and General or Open category.
- Candidates with 40% or more disability irrespective of whether it is visual, locomotive, or dyslexia will be given higher priority.
- Preference will also be given to candidates who are leprosy-cured and fit enough to take the course.
Provision of the Scribe
The provision of Scribe will be made available to candidates who are physically unable to write the examination. The scribe reads out the question and writes the examination for the candidate after he/she says the final answer.
- In JEE Advanced 2019, the scribe will be an 11th class student from the science stream who has opted for mathematics as one of the subjects.
- Candidates belonging to the PwD category (Blind, disability in upper limbs, Dyslexic, lost fingers/hands) will be able to apply for the scribe facility.
- Such students will be required to fill the request form for the scribe and submit it during the registration process.
- Candidates will be able to meet the scribe only 1 day before the JEE Advanced 2019 i.e. on 18th May 2019.
- No candidate will be able to bring their own scribe. The Zonal IITs will take care of the same.
- In case the concerned authorities feel that the candidate does not need a scribe, his/her candidature will stand cancelled.
JEE Advanced Seat Reservation 2019 for Girl Candidates
From the year 2018-19, a decision had been taken by the IIT council to reserve 14% of the supernumerary seats for female candidates. earlier, the reserved seats were only 8% out of the total seats in IITs. This decision has been taken to balance out the gender imbalance in undergraduate programmes.
Documents to be Produced for JEE Advanced 2019
For OBC – NCL
- 1 Original and 1 attested photocopy of OBC-NCL category certificate (from the Central List available on www.ncbc.nic.in) to be issued by the concerned authority in the prescribed format.
- 1 Original and 1 attested photocopy of Category (SC/ST) certificate in the prescribed format.
For PwD Category
- 1 Original and 1 attested photocopy of valid Disability certificate in the prescribed format.
Report to be produced by candidates suffering from Dyslexia:
- Handicap percentage should not be less than 40%
- Permanent disability only
- Issued from Govt. organization only.
If you have any query, do ask us in the comments section below.