Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination (JCECE) is a state level examination conducted for all those students who are seeking admission to the first year B.Tech, B. Sc(Hons) Agriculture, B.V.Sc and A.H, B.F.Sc, B. Sc(Hons) Forestry, etc., courses offered at the various institutions in the state of Jharkhand. JCECE is organized by Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (JCECEB) annually where lakhs of candidates apply for this exam. JCECE is held in offline pen paper-based mode. Till 2016, admission to engineering as well as other disciplines like Agriculture was through JCECE. From 2017, however, JCECEB has begun conducting separate entrance test for admission to B.Tech courses known as JEECE (Jharkhand Engineering Entrance Competitive Examination). JCECE is counted as an important examination along with all other state examinations.
Check Eligibility For JCECE Exam
All candidates who are planning to study engineering in the JCECE participating institutes must make sure to go through all the information related to the exam for the academic session of 2018-19, which is given below.
JEECE 2018 revised Answer Key for all the sets has been released! View Here
|Uttaranchal University Admission Open||Apply Now!!|
JCECE counselling schedule 2018 for B. Tech/ B.E courses has been released. Get Schedule here.
JEECE 2018 Result declared – Click here to view!
The last day to send objections against the released JEECE 2018 Answer keys was 14th June 2018. Read the procedure here.
JEECE 2018 Preliminary answer keys for Set A, B, C and D have been released online. Click here to check the answer keys.
Check out all the announced dates of JEECE 2018 in the table below. We will update the final dates here as soon as they are released.
|Registration/Online applications open||16th April 2018|
|Last Date to submit the application form||10th May 2018|
|Issue of JCECE 2018 Admit Card||22nd May 2018|
|JCECE 2018 Exam||26th May 2018|
|Preliminary Answer Key||8th June 2018|
|Challenging the answer Key||9th – 14th June 2018|
|Declaration of Results||18th June 2018|
|Round 1 – Counselling||7th July 12th July 2018|
|Round – 2 Counselling||3rd – 4th week of July 2018|
Result of JCECE 2018
JCECE 2018 results for engineering course have been announced on 18th June 2018. All the candidates who have taken the exam can check the result in the online mode on the official website. The result will be displayed in the form of a scorecard. The result of JCECE 2018 will state the qualifying status of the candidate. Every candidate has to log in to his/her account by entering the JCECE 2018 roll number and password/date of birth, to view the result. The link to JCECE 2018 Result has been provided in the updates section.
Along with the results, the candidates can also download the scanned OMR sheets that contain all the responses of the candidates. The result will determine whether a candidate has qualified for counselling and seat allotment procedure or not.
JEECE 2018 Answer Key
JCECE revised/Final answer key has been released. JCECE 2018 preliminary Answer Key had been released on 8th June 2018. It had been released in the online mode by Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (JCECEB). An answer key helps the candidate in cross-checking their answers to all the questions asked in the examination. With the answer key, a candidate can have an idea of the probable score that they will be obtaining in the exam. In case a candidate is not satisfied with any answer key, he/she has the opportunity to challenge the provisional answer key. For this purpose, the board has thrown open a window where students can send in their complaints. After the challenges have been reviewed, a final answer key will be released.
JCECE 2018 Admit Card/ Hall Ticket
JEECE 2018 Admit Card has been released! Click here for the download link of the admit card.
An admit card/ Hall ticket is one of the most important documents that a candidate must carry to the exam center as it is the only document that will allow him/her to take the exam. The absence of admit card, which is also known as the hall ticket, can debar the candidate from taking the exam. JCECE 2018 Admit card had been issued on 22nd of May 2018, few days before the commencement of the exam. It was issued online only for those candidates who had registered and filled the application form. Registered candidates had to log in to their account with the login credentials to view and download the JEECE 2018 Admit card. The direct link to download the admit card has been provided here.
The Admit card will carry important details like name of the candidate, his/her photograph and signature, JCECE 2018 Roll number, category, exam center details and exam timings. Candidates must make sure that after taking a print of the admit card, it is preserved carefully and not soiled or damaged in any manner.
JCECE 2018 Eligibility Criteria
All students seeking admission to the undergraduate course of engineering in the state of Jharkhand through JEECE 2018 must meet all the eligibility criteria laid down by the concerned exam conducting authority. The eligibility criteria are the conditions laid down in the form of parameters like age, academic qualification, nationality, domicile, etc. Before filling up the application form, students must check the eligibility criteria.
JCECE 2018 eligibility criteria for engineering is given below:
AGE – There is no age restriction for candidates to apply for JCECE 2018.
DOMICILE – Candidate must be a permanent/local resident of the state of Jharkhand and should have procured proper Residential certificate issued by proper authority assigned by Govt. of Jharkhand.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION – The following criteria has been put forth by AICTE, Delhi. Candidates must meet these criteria in order to be eligible for the examination.
- The candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized Board.
- He/she should have passed the qualifying examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects with Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ technical vocational subject.
- General category candidate must have obtained at least 45% in all the subjects taken together and 40% in the case of reserved categories.
- Applicants who are appearing for their qualifying examination in the year 2018 are also eligible to apply provided they have passed the exam before the date of counselling.
JCECE 2018 Registration/Application Form
The registration and filling of the online application form for JEECE 2018 had begun from 16th April 2018. The application form for the exam was available in the online mode till 10th May 2018 and had to be filled and submitted online only. Those candidates who met all the eligibility criteria prescribed could fill the application form. To fill the form, students had to first visit the official website and register themselves with a working email ID and phone number. After registration, applicants were redirected to the main application form where they had to fill in personal and academic details and upload scanned images of their photograph, signature, and left-hand thumb impression to the correct specifications. Finally, the candidates have to pay an application fee prescribed by the exam conducting authority through the given payment gateway of credit/debit card and net banking.
JCECE Application Form Released – Click Here to Apply Now!
During JCECE 2018 Application form filling, the applicant must make sure that they fill the form correctly as any mistake made in the form will not be rectified later. Also, multiple application forms from the same candidate will be rejected so only one correct application form should be submitted before the last date of application submission.
JEECE 2018 Exam Pattern
To prepare for an examination, candidates must have a thorough knowledge of the exam pattern of a particular exam which includes the mode in which the exam is taken, type of questions, the marking scheme, and other such relevant details about the exam question paper.
JCECE 2018 Exam pattern is enlisted below:
- The exam will be conducted in offline mode, i.e. pen and paper-based examination.
- The question paper will be available in both English and Hindi.
- JCECE 2018 will be conducted for 3 hours in 2 sessions, session 1 will be for 2 hours to attempt the questions from Physics and Chemistry and session 2 will be allotted 1 hour for the students to attempt the Mathematics section.
- There will be multiple types of questions where candidates have to choose 1 correct answer out of the options provided.
- Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics will carry 50 marks each making it a total of 150 marks for the entire paper.
- 1 mark will be awarded for each correct answer and 1/4th mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
Syllabus For JCECE 2018
The syllabus for JCECE 2018 is prescribed by CBSE. Candidates must have a look at the Physics Chemistry and Mathematics syllabus carefully and collect the correct study material for the same.
The syllabus for each subject is given below:
- Solid State
- Electro chemistry
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements
- “p”-Block Elements
- “d” and “f” Block Elements
- Coordination Compounds
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers
- Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
- Organic compounds containing Nitrogen
- Chemistry in Everyday life
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effect of Current & Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction & Alternating Current
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Matter
- Atom & Nuclei
- Electronic Devices
- Communication Systems
- Relations and Functions
- Vectors and Three-Dimensional Geometry
- Linear Programming
Merit List of JCECE 2018
Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board will release two merit list. One will be a combined merit-list and the other one will be a category-wise merit list. The merit list will contain all the names of the candidates who will be called for seat allotment procedure. The merit list will be prepared in order of merit. In case two candidates obtain the same score, a tie-breaking policy will be adopted.
JCECE 2018 Counselling And Seat Allotment
Counselling for JCECE 2018 will be conducted in two rounds. The first round of counselling is will be conducted from 7th July to 12th July 2018. All the eligible candidates will be called for the offline mode of counselling where candidates have to appear in person. Candidates with higher rank in the merit list will be called first and given higher preference. Vacant seats from round 1 will be automatically transferred to round two of counselling. Candidates who have already participated in round 1 of counselling can participate in round 2 of counselling also. On the day of counselling, candidates will be required to bring all the necessary documents for verification. In case the original documents do not match with the copies or there is a discrepancy in the information provided by the candidate during application form filling, his/her candidature will be canceled. After the documents have been verified, the seat will be alloted to each candidate and they will then have to report to the institute and complete admission formalities.
JEECE 2018 Participating Institutes
There are various institutes that offer seats in their institution for the B.Tech programme to students who qualify the JCECE 2018.
The list of Participating institutes for JEECE 2018 is given below:
- Government Engineering College, Dumka
- Government Engineering College, Chaibasa
- B.A College of Engineering & Technology, Ghatsila, Jamshedpur
- Government Engineering College, Ramgarh
- C.I.T Tatisilwai, Tatisilwai, Ranchi
- Gurugovind Singh Educational Society Technical Campus, Kandra, Chas, Bokaro
- D.A.V Institute of Engineering and Technology, Medininagar
- K.K College of Engineering and Management, Dhanbad
- Maryland Institute of Technology and Management, Dimna Road, Mango, Jamshedpur
- RamchandraChandravansi Institute of Technology, Bishrampur, Palamau
- Nilai’s Educational Trust’s Group of Institutions, Thakurgaon, Burmu, Ranchi
- Ramgovind Institute of Technology, Koderma
- R.T.C Institute of Technology, Anandi, Ormanjhi, Ranchi
- B.I.T Sindri
- R.V.S College of Engineering and Technology, Jamshedpur
- University College of Engineering and Technology, V.B.U , Hazaribagh