Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination (JCECE) is a state level examination conducted for all those students who are seeking admission to the undergraduate course of engineering offered at the participating engineering institutes of Jharkhand. JEECE 2018 will be conducted on 26th May 2018 for B.Tech courses. The online application forms for the same will be released on 16th April 2018. To get full details, click here. Those who want to know about the exam pattern can read the article given below.
Check Eligibility For JCECE Exam
To prepare for an examination, candidates must have a thorough knowledge of the exam pattern of a particular exam which includes the mode in which the exam is taken, type of questions, the marking scheme, and other such relevant details about the exam question paper.
JCECE 2018 Exam Pattern
- MODE- The exam will be conducted in offline mode, i.e. pen and paper-based examination.
- LANGUAGE- The question paper will be available in both English and Hindi.
- DURATION- JCECE 2018 will be conducted for 3 hours in 2 sessions, session 1 will be for 2 hours to attempt the questions from Physics and Chemistry and session 2 will be allotted 1 hour for the students to attempt the Mathematics section.
- TYPE OF QUESTIONS- The questions will be multiple choice questions where candidates have to choose 1 correct answer out of the options provided.
- TOTAL MARKS- Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics will carry 50 marks each making it a total of 150 marks for the entire paper.
- MARKING SCHEME- 1 mark will be awarded for each correct answer and 1/4th mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
To understand the marking scheme clearly, have a look at the table given below:
|Uttaranchal University Admission Open||Apply Now!!|
|Subjects||No. of questions||Total time for exam||Marking scheme||Type of questions|
|Physics||50||3 hours||1 mark for correct answer|
-1/4 for incorrect answer
|Multiple choice question|
Syllabus for JEECE 2018
The syllabus for JCECE 2018 is prescribed by CBSE. Candidates must look at the Physics Chemistry and Mathematics syllabus carefully and collect the correct study material for the same.
The syllabus for each subject is given below:
- Solid State
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements
- “p”-Block Elements
- “d” and “f” Block Elements
- Coordination Compounds
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers
- Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
- Organic compounds containing Nitrogen
- Chemistry in Everyday life
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effect of Current & Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction & Alternating Current
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Matter
- Atom & Nuclei
- Electronic Devices
- Communication Systems
- Relations and Functions
- Vectors and Three-Dimensional Geometry
- Linear Programming